Broken Marionette

By Lazy_Sloth120

A tale of a girl who lived two different lives but experienced the same pain in both. The story of the unknow... More

Character Introductions/Profiles
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
10K Special
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20

Chapter 13

974 42 1
By Lazy_Sloth120

"I apologize for my rudeness My grace, but we just received a Letter from the Imperial Family. Inviting the Duke, the Duchess and.....the lady"

Athanasia POV*

"Please Lily. Pleaseeeeeeee" I pleaded, clasping my hands in front of me in  begging manner. Looking up at my nanny, with a cute pout on my lip. "I have already told you no, Your Highness. Besides you have already three chocolates this morning. You can't have anymore else it may cause problems to your health" sternly replied back the brunette. "B-But" I stuttered, quivering my lip and forcing some tears to gather at the corner of my eyes. Hoping it could persuade Lily, but unfortunately it didn't work. "The same trick won't work open me this time, Your Highness. Also you're about to have lunch with the His majesty in an hour. You can't ruin your appetite." Scolded Lilly, her hand on her hips.

"Okayyyyyyyy" I sighed in disappointment. Slumping back into the Sofa, in my room. puffing my cheeks whilst crossing my arms over my dress "Ah, I forgot to tell you", said Felix from behind where I am sitting. Making both Lilly and I look at the red head knight in confusion. "His Majesty is unfortunately unable to have Lunch with the Princess today. " "How comes?" Asked Lily. "Well, Grand Duke and Duchess Helion are coming to the meet with his majesty today, to discuss about some matters. I hear their daughter will be coming with them as well" at that I perked up. "A daughter? How old is she? What does she look like" I asked enthusiastically, jumping up from my sit and cornering the poor red headed knight.

"My apologise Princess, but I don't know" sweat dropped Felix. "Now that I think about, there has never been any news about the Grand Duke and Duchess having a child" said Lily. "Oh?" I say, now more curious about the Helion Dukedom. Although it almost natural that I would curious about such thing, seeing as they were never once mentioned in the Novel. Hopefully I get meet their daughter, I've been sooooo lonely recently. Ever since we got word about the prophecy, none has been allowed to go near me. Those who are allowed have been granted special permission from the Emperor. So for the only people given the 'special permission' have been Lilly, Felix and few other carefully hand picked maids. Though they are great people and always try their best in keeping me entertained and company. It just doesn't feel the same as taking with people my own age.

I'm barely even allowed to see Lucas now, despite him being my official playmate. Though I must say, for the past year or so now, Lucas has been daydreaming a lot more. He's always lost in his thought and muttering someones name, but I can't ever seems to clearly hear who. All I know is that it starts with an A. And he always as this weird smile on his face, when daydreaming as wells as this certain look. It's been honestly creeping me out, I never expected him to be a person capable of such expressions and emotions. I just though he was an asshole full of shit. But I guess even jerks like him, have feelings. I'm just curious as too who this unfortunate girl maybe but whenever I ask he wither ignores me or changes the topic. It's seriously starting to piss me off at this point.

"Princess!" Called out Felix. "Eh?, sorry, seems like I zoned out for bit. Mind repeating what you said Felix" I replied, trying to ease the worry in their eyes. I should really stop zoning out mid conversation like that. "Princess are you sure you're alright? You've been zoning out a lot more recently." asked Lily, clasping her hands over mine. "I'm sure Lily, sorry for making you worry. I was just thinking about something" I assure, trying my best to give reassuring smile. "Don't worry Princess, I'm sure if we ask the Emperor will allow you to meet Princess Helion." smiled Felix. Oh, these two think I've gone insane from not meeting people. Although they are partially correct on that part, it feels like almost a decade since I've interacted with another person.

"Thank you Felix" I replied with a smile, now excited to meet with the girl. I wonder whats she's like.

Athelinda/ Mallory POV*

Today is the day, the Grand Duke and Duchess along with myself will be heading off the the capital. To meet with non-other than Claude Del Alger Obelia himself. My very own biological father that abandoned the moment I was born. Just even the thought even seeing him again fills me up with so much rage and nausea. Which makes me worry about how I'll react when I do actually see the man in front of me. 

Ever since we got the letter a couple of days a go the whole mansion has been in chaos. To preparing the right outfits and mode of transport to so much more. However the main concern between the four of us, was how we where going to keep my identity as his daughter under the wraps. It turns it is going to be a lot more complicated than I had hoped. To be become and official member of the Helion Grand Duchy and to be placed in the their family tree, we must first gain the permission of the Emperor. I also need to be acknowledged by the bastard as the rightful heir to the Helion Dukedom.

So to prevent their being any suspicion of me being the emperor's daughter, we have decided on a solid base line story for my background . I just hope he is stupid enough too fall for it but then again this is the same man who believed the words of a jealous maid so I'm pretty sure we're safe on that part.

"My Lady!" called out on the aids in my rooms. Completely snapping me out of my thoughts and bring me back to my current reality. "Y-yes, what is it?" I ask turning my head to see two maids looking at each other with scowls on their faces. Both of them holding different dresses. "We need you to decided, which dress is better. This dark blue dress -" before the maid could finish the other one cut her off "Or, this purple one". "Ummm, they both are very beautiful dresses. I can't seem to decide. Llaria can you help me?" I answer pushing the burning question to the blonde maid, doing my hair.

"The blue one" answered Llaria almost immeadtly, not even looking up to see. The maid holding the Blue dress cheered in delight  whilst the other one slumped her shoulder whilst letting outa huff. I nervously chuckled at their behaviour as I watched their behaviour through the vanity mirror. Now that the dress was decided the maids helped me get dressed and did all the finishing touches.

All four maids in the room, let out sighs in contentment as I did a twirl to ensure everything was alright. "My ladyship looks so beautiful" praised on the maids, whipping a few tears with a handkerchief. "Truly there is no one else more beautiful then our lady" cried another whipping away a tear. "Of course our Lady is the most beautiful, this is our lady after all" proudly boasted Llaria with a huff.

I stood their awkwardly, sweat dropping at their behaviour. "Now, I don't think there is any need to say such extre-" however I was cut off by one the maids. "Oh no! We forgot about the earrings" se gasped/ That caused all the amides to go frantic as they scourge through all the jewellery Siergen and Abel got me. Though despite my protest the two ended up buying me a large amount of clothes, jewellery and accessories. This is my first time wearing them.

As the maids were arguing over which earrings would look best, I walked over to my vanity. Opening a draw and grabbing a certain pair of blue stone earrings I got when out at the festival last year. (Authors Note: I am referring to the earrings in chapter 7) "I think these ones would look nice" I say catching all four of their attention. "My Lady, they are Perfect!" Squealed one of them. "Where did you get them?" Asked Llaria. "I got it whilst out one day" I reply vaguely. Lalria only nodded, seemingly satisfied with my answer. Once I put the earrings on, I was instructed to start heading down where Fiona and Siergen are waiting for me.

Walking down the grand flight of stairs, I held onto the railing. Still finding it little bit unconfutable to be walking in heels. Though in past life I wore heles quit often ,mainly to work, but I guess my current body still isn't used to it. Now I usually wear boots, as majority of my day is spent training. Same with the dresses, when reading manhwas in my previous life I used to adore the dresses the female leads would wear but now, yes it is beautiful but also quite suffocating. In my first two lives Dhanesh  would only allow me to wear, certain clothes. Those clothes were quite... revealing to say the least. The sick fucker used love seeing me plead and cry for help under him. But now that won't be happening any more, instead it would be him crying under me. I just have to wait for the right moment and time. The same goes for my bastard of a Father. Playing the long game is much more satisfying in the end after all.

Walking down last few stirs, I saw Fiona, Siergen and Abel waiting for me. The couple were clothes of the same colour palette as mine.

All three of them looking at me with smiles on their face - Abel and Siergen having more of a grin rather than a smile. "Mallory, you look absolutely beautiful" complimented the white haired female walking up to me and clasping her hands over mine. "Thank you, but we all know your the much more beautiful one My Ladyship" I completed smiling back her. Fiona's warmth, smile and sweet words brining me a slight peace of mind just like Dahlia. It makes me want to never let go of her but also makes me want to distance myself. Scared that history may rapt itself and I'll be left alone once again. Just like I am destined to be.

"Such a flattering tongue that my daughter has" said Siergen grabbing his wife by the waist and pulling her closer to him. An irk mark pulsating at the side of his jaw. "Of course she does. She is my granddaughter after all" laughed Abel, swinging his arm over my holder. His other hand ruffling my hair but also being carefully to not mess up my hair too bad. I secretly smiled to myself, as warm feeling filled my chest at them calling me their daughter and granddaughter so proudly. My own mother in my past life didn't even call me her daughter so sweetly. Even when with other people it would always have an underlining hint of disgust in her tone. One only I was ever able to notice. But them, thy call me their daughter so genuinely and proudly. Something I'm not familiar with but I am meant to be. And I'M willing to feel family love if its with and get used to its normality. Only if it's with them. Cause with them I feel safe, I feel truly loved. I feel like I can actually be myself, no barriers, no walls, no fake identity or fake personality. Just me. Is this what family was meant to feel like all along?

Fiona, Siergen and myself boarded the carriage, the two of them sitting next to each other whilst I sat opposite them. We bided Abel good bye before setting off. Usually travelling from the north to capital by carriage would take about roughly 4 days but thank to mana we can make it ther in less then a minute. "Do you have the scroll Fiona?" asked Siergen, looking out the window. Meeting the forestry scenery outside. "Yup" chirped the red eyes female holing up purple scroll. "Mallory did a wonderful job creating it. I'm so proud of my daughter" praised the lady. I could feel the warmth rushing upon my neck and cheeks, still not used to getting so many praises and compliments.

"I couldn't have done it without you Lady Fiona" I say bashfully. "It looks like we have arrived to the4 spot. Are you ready?" asked Siergen, prying blue eyes away from the window and towards the two of us. Me and Fiona nodded in response and then Opening the purple scroll, revealed an blank piece of purple paper. Ripping the blank scroll paper in half a faint purple light was released and surrounded the carriage. Feeling as though the carriage was being sucked in to the ground. I grabbed on to the edge of the seat to stabilize myself.

My stomach churning in discomfort as we briefly travelled through an eccentric purple, black and white void before landing in a similar forest from before. "Did it work?" askes Siergen pressing his finger into his temple, seemingly trying to ease a headache. "I hope so" I choke out, holding onto my stomach as the previous churning began to ease down. "No matter how many times I travel by scroll, it never fails to leave me in discomfort" chuckled Fiona, being to first one to recover from the nauseous feeling of travelling through scroll. Peeping her head out of the window, her red eyes scanned the area round and beyond us. "We're at the capital.", smiled Fiona cheerfully, "The Imperial Palace doesn't seem that far from us either" "That's good then" sighed Siergen. "

Telling the driver to carry on to the Imperial Palace, we continued our journey to the Imperial Palace. Turns there were a lot more things not mentioned in the manhwa, one of the being transportation scrolls. Then again Athanasia never really went out of the Palace. By inputting a certain amount of Mana into a specialized scroll, you can create a magic scroll. Which essentially allows you to do many things, each scroll having designated colour and with that also a different use. For example, purple scrolls allow you to travel to any place you wish no matter the distance. All it requires for you to do is to rip it in half to activate the magic. They are usually used by those who do not have any mana or have very little of it. But it is also used by magicians for personal ease as it doesn't require a large amount of Mana in the moment and allows the user to reserve it. it was one of the things Fiona hade me make during one of our lessons, and fortunately it came out to be a success.

Now we ride to go and meet the devil himself. My father and also the one and only Emperor of this Empire.

Arriving at the gates of the Imperial Palace. The guards stationed there opened the gates and allowed us access inside. Having the Carriage come to halt, the driver opened the door and Siergen was the first one out. Stepping out, the raven haired male held out his hand out for his wife, whom gladly took it and stepped out of the carriage with the help of her husband. Once Fiona was the the Ground safe and sound, Siergen then held his hand out for me, which I also took. Though Normally I would get out myself, I didn't trust myself with these dress and heels.

Once I was out, the driver closed the door before giving us a shallow bow of respect and walked off to his seat. "Greetings to the Grand Duke and Duchess of Helion" greeted a familiar voice, one that I haven't heard for 9 years. "Sir Felix, it's been a while hasn't it" smiled Siergen to the red head knight. "It has your grace." smiled Felix, the commander of the Imperial knights and the one and only Knight of Crimson Blood. Also Princess Athanaisa temporary personal knight. "If you would follow me to His Majesty" says The knight, leading us to inside the palace. Stepping foot into the Palace, I was install met a blinding light. It took me a few seconds for my eyes to adjust to the brightness. Once they did, I was finally able to see the beauty of the Imperial Palace, it's porcelain white walls and gold ornaments decorating the hallway. The description in the manhwa very much matching the real thing. the minimal designs making it seem much more like a temple rather than a palace but it was also the beauty of the Palace. With their being very few to no servants in the palace it adds more the peacefulness of the palace. The tranquil atmosphere creating a nice calming effect on me. But then again such quietness also causes panic in others.

Fiona and Siegen continued some small talk with Felix as the red haired knight guided us to the throne room where the emperor was waiting for us. " We are here" announced Felix, stopping in front a large pair of doors with golden outlining. Opening the doors of the throne room, Felix stride in and walked towards the throne and took his place standing on the right of the elevated chair. Sitting on it was Claude del alger Obelia, in his emperor clothing rather than his normal robes. "Greetings and Blessings to the Sun of the Obelian Empire" we all gritted, Siergen bowing at a 90 degrees whilst Fiona and I curtsied. "You may rise" commanded the blonde in his icy tone. His voice echoing throughout the room, only worsening the bile clawing up my throat. Siergen was the firs one to raise hi head. straightening his back to a perfect posture. Fiona and I followed, letting go of our dresses and standing straight.

Clasping the four fingers of our left hand in between out thumb and four fingers of our right. Placing out clasped hand at the bottom of our stomachs, recalling the etiquette lessons I had. "This is your daughter I presume" says the Emperor , his jewelled eyes now focused on me. I could feel his eyes look me up and down, inspecting every inch of me and the feeling brought goosebumps to spreads all over me. I wanted to storm over and pluck out his eyeballs then my onw. Maybe then I would be at ease of not having proper evidence of my relation with this man. Just knowing that this man before me, slumped in his throne -elevated by a few stairs- his cheeks resting on his fist, is my own biological father. The father who was meant to love me, protect me and guide me in this world, but he never did. Instead he abandoned, left me to go and die before I could even roll over. Then without zero guilt or concise he continues on with his life and his 'chosen' daughter completely forgetting I ever existed in the first place. Three time. Three times I have been abandoned by this man. I refuse to to wallow about it any longer. I'll make myself my own name. A name powerful enough to challenge his own. When that happen I will make him regret every single thing slowly and painfully.

"Yes Your Majesty, This is my daughter: Mallory" answered Siergen, holding his hand out to me. Taking the hint, I took a few steps forward whilst holding intense eyes contact with the blonde emperor. Neither of us daring to break it apart, as if a silent competition was going on. It was very cl;ear he was trying to intimidate me. Figure something out about me. Try to understand me. I know all the ways and I'll use it to my advantage. Forcing an almost natural sweet and innocent smile on my face I curtsied once more whilst saying "I Greet His Majesty The Emperor and Sun Of The Obelian Empire" Once I finished my greeting I slowly lifting my head. For a split second I allowed my natural, jewelled eyes to show before turning them back into their faux magenta colour. I silently smirked in satisfaction as a look of disbelief washed over his usual stoic expression. His normally droopy eyes widening in surprise. However when he saw the magenta eyes instead of blue his brows furrowed in confusion, then he turned his expression back to normal.

"You wish to take this girl in as your daughter and heir to the Dukedom of Helion?" asks Claude. "Yes your Majesty" replies both Fiona and Siergen. "How can you be so sure that girl can succeed to such expectations?" asked Claude. This mother fucker is seriously looking down on me. "Well Your Majest-" before Siergen could say anything I cut him off "Your Majesty I assure I am more than capable of succeeding to the Helion Grand Duchy and continuing on it's Noble and Honorable lineage. If you still have doubts on my abilities, I can confidently say I have quite the talent for swordsmanship" I say with a full chest of confidence. I watched carefully as Claude let outa smirk behind his hand. A smirk of victory. Believing that I had fallen in his trap. But little id he know, he was the one who fell for my trap. This made me grin.

Claude gave his approval and stamped the official papers with the Imperial seal, and I officially became the heir of the Helion Grand Duchy and the daughter of the Grand Duke and Duchess. Watching the smiles on Siergen's and Fiona's face widen as they held the stamped document in their hands, brought the fluttering warm feeling back in my chest. And I could help but smile with them as well, genuinely.

After that had all happened, Siergen asked f I could wait for them outside by the carriage for a while. Saying they had important matters to discuss with the Emperor. I agreed and Felix was asked to escort me, Which he happily obliged. As we were walking down the hallways of the Palace. I began to notice how they were different from the ones we went through when entering. But stayed silent about my suspicions. I mean I doubt Felix is going to take me to some dungeon and chop me up. However My suspicions only grew as we walked out into the imperial Gardens. "Sir Felix, I'm pretty sure this not the correct way to the carriage" I say halting in my steps. "I apologise My Ladyship but you see the thing is the Princess really wishes to see you. Unfortunately due to a few circumstances she hasn't been able to interact with any friends, so if you could be ever so kind and spare a bit of your time. It would mean a lot to the Princess." Pleaded Felix, sheepishly. Rubbing he back of his nape nervously.

Ah, now I see what this is about. "Of course, Sir Felix. How can I refuse the request of Obelias Star" I say with a faint giggle at the end. Felix seemed to have bought my little act, of a sweet and caring girl and he let outa bright smile. I swear I saw dog ears and wagging tail on him. Felix guided me through the gardens to the Emerald Palace. During the walk, me and the red haired Knight conversed for a while. Mainly about him asking about my talent for swordsmanship which I answered. Still being careful of what I saw making sure not to reveal any information about my magic abilities. It was something we agreed to not let loose. As by me having such high level mana will only raise suspicions. As 5 star mana can only be found in the Imperial bloodline and no where else. So it's best to lay low....for now.

Walking towards the entrance of the Emerald Palace I could hear various of different noises coming from inside. Screams, thuds, footsteps. Than the grand doors of the Palace were Flung open, revealing a panting Princess Athanasia. "Your Highness" called out Felix sweat dropping. "Princess! You can't b running around like that! What if you fall?!" called out a familiar sweet voice. The energetic blonde princess ignored the concerned voice of the two adults and run straight towards me. Stopping a feet away from me, a bright smile on her face.

"Hi! My names Athy! Whats yours?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72.5K 2.5K 41
I was just a Korean person but when I knew about the who made me a princess book I was shocked I felt bad for the second male lead and just fainted w...
147K 4.5K 45
Father hates me. He despises me. Why? Until the end, I never knew. I could never put my finger on his hatred for me. In fact, I could never understan...
29.2K 582 31
Attheia the only princess and the last person remaining with pure De Alger Obelia royal bloodline. Was someone who everyone despised. Having killed h...
187K 5.4K 40
Asteria de Alger Obelia is the older sister of Athanasia de Alger Obelia, and the first born child and daughter of Claude de Alger Obelia. Asteria i...