The wrong star

By anabe23

Humans are back in Pandora and Miles Quaritch is one of them, at least some form of him. If they couldn't win... More

Hostage
Become the enemy
Forest
Bond
Now we can't go back
I see you
We need a plan
Fire
Fight for the future
---1,000 reads announcement---
Journey
------ bonus -------
Tulkun hunt
Everything goes to hell
Bullet
Enemies
Last deep breath
Happy new year
Black out
Village
---10k reads---
Strenght
---10k special Miles POV---
Prisoner
I'm different
Happiness is a fragile thing
They're coming
Time goes by
War preparations
New heir
Fear
Almost time
Battle
New life
author's note
what follows
author's note
----Journey, Miles's POV----
I'm not like you
Ametrine
Air
Sister of the ocean
Trip back home
author's note
Mother
Kind of a family
Air view
Not blue
Spirits
No signal
Have some faith
The battle of the halleluyah mountains
The hunt
author's note

I knew it

2.8K 114 16
By anabe23

"I'll se you in a while love" I hear Miles say as a goodbye before leaving a kiss at the top of my head and heading out.

I'm not that awake but I know that he must've fallen asleep here and I panic, but I hope no one notices it as he goes to his room or to patrol, I don't know what time it is.

I decide to sleep for a little more, someone's gonna come for me if they need me anyways.

So, its some time later and no one came except for Spider, so I head out with him. He tells me I missed breakfast and wanted to make sure I was okay.

"I'm fine, I just overslept," I tell him as he puts his mask on and we can go to the deck.

"You couldn't sleep?" he asks but isn't looking at me.

"Something like that," I respond.

"Is there something wrong?" he asks and I huff.

There are many things wrong.

He seems to notice the obvious question and we both laugh.

"Apart from the obvious," he says.

"No" I shake my head.

"Isn't there anything you want to tell me?" he asks and I squint.

What is he exactly up to?

"No, and you?" I throw back at him.

"Noup," he says.

I nod slowly. Weird.

"What have they said about... our journey?" I ask sitting down.

"Well, we're a few days away from the next village and they're supposedly going to hunt there" he says. He doesn't sit.

I look away and curse.

"What about the soldiers? what do they talk about? are they exited? do they want to keep going?" I ask, he furrows his brows.

"They let me be close but I'm not their friend Anatuat, I don't know" he says and my ears press down.

"But what do you think? Do they seem different?" I ask.

"Different how?"

"I don't know... different. Like- like they want to go back home or stop this or something,"

"I don't think they care about anything honestly, they seem as excited as always to just... shoot or do something," he says and I hiss.

Either Miles hasn't talked to them... or he's tried but the result is this. They don't care.

"Are you surprised?" Spider chuckles.

"I guess we can't expect everyone to have a heart and mind," I say and stand up. I want to run, I want to get out of here. I wish I had my axe...

"They're soldiers Anatuat, they don't know anything else. They can't change" he says.

I stop mid-sentence as I was going to argue that Miles did, but I feel like he was waiting for me to speak.

I see Miles from afar and Spider turns back, then to me.

"Are you sure there's not anything you want to tell me?" he asks again.

Well, who does this kid thinks he is?

"No. What are you implying? You could just ask me instead of doing this, I'm getting a little sick of it" I explode.

I guess I do seem mad as he takes a step back and shakes his head softly.

"Now, what do we have here?" Miles appears suddenly.

"Don't touch me," Spider says getting him off and taking some steps from him.

"What are we gossiping about?" Miles asks looking at us. Spider rolls his eyes and calls him Skaun before walking away.

"That kid sure loves me," Miles jokes.

"Sure," I say and smirk.

He comes to stand next to me.

"I think he knows something about us," I say turning to him.

"He said something?" he crosses his arms.

"No. It's like he wants me to tell him, but he's suspicious about it." I sigh and cross my arms too. "We either tell him or make something else up, but I don't want him to do something stupid," I say.

Miles tilts his head, he's entertaining both ideas.

"You know him better than I do, what should we do?" he asks.

To be honest I don't know. I do know him better, that's true... but I'm not that close. I am only a little close to my cousins but it's been years since I was able to go out and play with them, let alone with Spider.

"I'll think about it," I conclude and he nods.

We stay there for a moment, staring at the sea in comfortable silence.

"And how are you feeling?" he asks with a smile as he looks at my stomach for a moment.

"I'm okay," I answer.

"Very well, but you need to eat. For the two of you" he says and I roll my eyes.

"Hey... hey, I did notice you weren't there for breakfast," he says.

"I'll find something to eat..." I complain and look away.

"There's fish on the menu for today. No meal out a box" he says raising his brows.

"Finally, some real food," I say and we both laugh.

"I'll go before they notice it's been too long," he says and I nod.

I pace around the deck, I try going to the top of the ship... see if anything's different, but later I give up and go back to my place near the railing.

I'm looking out when someone pushes me a little.

"Hey!" I complain and hiss.

"I knew it," Spider says.

"What?" I ask defensively.

"I saw you, stop lying."

"What-"

"Stop lying!" he cuts me off.

At least he has the decency to speak in na'vi so hopefully, it will be difficult to understand for someone else.

"I saw you with him. I saw him sneaking out of your room earlier and I was afraid that maybe he did something to you but..." he shakes his head in disbelief.

"You were talking and laughing... you've both been weird. Are you with him?" he asks.

"Spider..." I say lowering my voice, hopefully he will too.

"Why can't you just answer me? what's going on?"

"Sit down," I tell him. "Sit!"

He does and I follow.

"Miles and I... we are together, but is not what you think!" I speak before he interrupts.

"He's changed. He wants to help us," I say and he laughs.

"And since when is that happening? the other day when he ordered to burn a village or the first one? or when he let Slovich beat you?" he says. He's being unnecessarily rude.

"Spider! He can't jus order then to do nothing! We need a plan to take everyone out but we can't do that if they kill him for treason." I explain.

"Sure" he says.

"Spider... don't tell anyone about this okay? I'll tell him to join us and we'll tell you all about this later okay? I promise that he's good. He really is. He wants to stop the people from the sky"

"I think you'll regret trusting him." He says as he stands up.

"Spider! don't say anything" I beg once more as he disappears inside the ship.

The day goes by and I eat but everything feels weird, I think I'm getting a little paranoid.

Miles sits in a table with the rest of his team, the scientist is alone and Spider is in another table. I of course am also alone.

The fish is good but at the same time, I feel like it's tasteless and I hurry to eat it so I can get back out again.

When I'm finished and on my way out I stumble upon the hunter and he's fighting with someone over a radio.

"Three weeks means I will miss my deadline!" he complains.

"We'll pay you half of it and you'll hunt once you're at the next location," a woman answers, I recognize the voice as the woman that now runs the base of operations.

"Half is not enough."

"Is either half or nothing and you're getting the soldiers to the next place, got it? If you don't like I can always tell my men that your services are no longer needed" the woman warns.

"Get me my damn half!" he screams then hangs up or stops talking. I try not to move as he angrily walks to another place.

I make my way up.

So three weeks... three weeks till we touch land again.

I feel like time's running out for us already so I need to tell Miles to have everything ready for then.

I wait until it is late and Miles has his shift as patrol near the back of the ship.

"We need to talk," I say walking towards him.

He takes a look around to make sure no one will listen.

"Spider knows and for some reason, he's not very happy about it," I start, he purses his lips.

"I could imagine... he's been giving me weird stares all day. I bet he's wished I drop dead doble than usual" he sighs.

"Is he in love with you or something?" he asks.

"I don't think so. I don't know. I don't care, okay? he's a kid. What I do know is that, angry kids can make stupid things... I happened to ask him if he... had heard the soldiers talking about giving up or not being content with what they're doing and later he confronted me about you and I told him that you changed and you want to help but... I fear what he'll do with everything" I say.

"Listen, whatever he does I don't think he will hurt you or your family. He's too loyal," he says.

"And what if he wants to hurt you?" I ask. My tail going back and forth. His ears twitch with doubt.

"We need to talk to him," he says.

"We sure fucking do!" I'm angry but he laughs.

"Look at you, cursing and everything" he says.

"I'm under a lot of pressure!" I complain.

He nods and positions his weapon to hang from his back.

"I know, I'm sorry," he says extending his arms and hugging me.

I wrap my arms around his neck.

"We need to make a plan... before we get to the next island" I say. He sighs.

"Okay... okay. And, well is not that I didn't try but, the team doesn't exactly seem to have changed their minds."

"Then we'll have to kill them," I conclude.

He sighs again and rests his head on my shoulder.

"We will," he whispers on my skin.

"Tomorrow we'll talk to Spider and see how to make him part of the plan okay? And I don't think you can keep coming to visit me at night." I say, he furrows his brows.

"Spider saw you, what if someone else does?" I ask.

His ears are down and his tail is slashing.

"Then we'll try to gather and talk at this time, okay?" he asks.

"Fine" I agree.

We talk for a little more but this feeling that someone might catch us is growing stronger in me.

"I should go, we'll talk tomorrow" I say.

"Try to sleep well," he says and pulls me in for a kiss. I wish it could be longer and I wish we had spent more time together yesterday.

"I'll try"

"Until then..." he says.

I give him another kiss before going.

"Until then..." I whisper and then walk back to my room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.8K 1.2K 23
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ 𝙰𝙽 𝙰𝚅𝙰𝚃𝙰𝚁 𝙵𝙰𝙽𝙵𝙸𝙲𝚃𝙸𝙾𝙽. ┊ ┊ ┊ ✯ ┊ ┊ ★ ┊ ✯ ★ 𝑖𝑛 𝑤ℎ𝑖𝑐ℎ neteyam finds an unconscious na'vi in the woods dur...
144K 2.3K 22
Neylayā Sully is the first born of Jake and Neytiri, she is a natural leader and protector. However her limits are pushed with the return of the sky...
202K 8.2K 70
Sok'anya is Neytiri's best friend since they were young. During the war on Pandora, she had lost her parents and siblings. She mourns deeply for her...
140K 4.3K 54
( VOL 2 OUT NOW ) VOL 1 - Ni'teya's disliking towards her closest friend's brother, Lo'ak Sully, only grows as he becomes a newly appointed rival aft...