Half a heart

By IngeLanting

Scarlet Marie Styles. Louis didn't know about her. Harry kept her a secret. Scarlet knows he left. Eight yea... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40 Epilogue
Chapter 41 Extended Epilogue (One Shot Sequel)

Chapter 17

615 23 2
By IngeLanting

Two weeks later Louis found himself in his office at work with Zayn running through the final arrangements for Little Mix's tour.

"I think we need to have a meeting with the girls soon and discuss the set list as well as their stage set up." Zayn said grabbing a paper from the printer with a list of all the girls songs on it, from both albums.

"I'll give them a call and see when they can all come in. I know Sierra was visiting her family this week." Louis responded printing off a couple lists of the tour dates.

"Alright so first thing on Monday, we get the girls in here and discuss everything. Tour starts in two months." Zayn stated looking over the tour dates.

"I feel like they don't have enough notice but that's when the arenas were open in North America." Louis sighed as he scratched his forehead.

"They'll be fine. They've been doing a lot of practice since you told them you were planning tour. I'll set up the tour bus rental for some of the cities and book their flight tickets for the rest." Zayn said, already tapping away on his computer.

"Only book flights on airlines for about half the tour. I'm going to chat with them about getting a jet so they can actually rest on the flights and not worry about fans." Louis responded making a note to have that talk with the girls.

"Okay." Zayn nodded. "So how's Harry and Scarlet?"

"Perfect." Louis smiled over at Zayn.

"You're still gone for him." Zayn chuckled, playfully rolling his eyes.

"So gone. Zee, they're amazing...  I never stopped loving Harry and Scarlet is just wonderful now that she's warmed up to me. I never thought she'd willingly take my hand or hug me or even smile at me, but she crawls into my lap when we're watching a movie and cuddles and she tells me about her day at school.. and I just love her to bits." Louis went on and Zayn smiled fondly at his best mate, it'd been so long since he had seen him so happy.

"Have you told him?" Zayn asked curiously.

"Told him what?" Louis questioned in reply.

"That you love him."

"No... no it's too soon... I don't want to rush anything. We've only been talking for like seven months and started dating a little more than a month ago. He doesn't trust me completely, Zee." Louis shook his head sadly.

"Hey... it'll be fine. Harry loves you. You'd have to be blind not to see it. Geez, whenever we've all been out together... the way he looks at you..." Zayn said and Louis looked over at him. "It's like either wants to rip your clothes off or just cuddle with you... depends on what he's been drinking."

"Really?" Louis inquired with a small blush on his cheeks.

"Yes. I don't see how you couldn't notice." Zayn laughed, shaking his head.

"Still. Too soon. He hasn't forgiven me..." Louis said turning back to his paperwork.

"He will." Zayn said firmly.

*~*

When Monday rolled around, Louis again found himself in his office only his time with four pretty faces staring back at him.

"Alright girls, your tour dates have been confirmed!" Louis announced and the girls squealed with delight. "We just need to go over some details..."

And for the next four hours they sat in the office and decided what songs they would perform and their stage set up. By the time they were done Louis had told them they needed to start coming in and meeting with the choreographer and start practicing the songs they would be performing. They were standing up to leave when Jade suddenly stopped.

"Oh wait! There was one thing we wanted to ask you!" She said and the other girls all nodded. "We really would like if you came to our first show...?"

Louis blinked in surprise, he'd never heard of a band requesting their label and management at their first concert. He looked at the tour dates, the first concert was in New York on the second week of May.

"I'd love to girls." Louis answered and they cheered happily.

"Thank you so much! This means a lot!" Leigh-Anne said as they all hurried around to give Louis a group hug.

He laughed as the girls squeezed him.

"Alright, alright. Go. You need to practice." Louis ordered lightly.

The girls left and Louis went onto the airline website and booked a flight to New York with the girls. Now all he needed to do was tell Harry he'd be out of town for a bit.

*~*

Louis went straight to the bakery after he got off work and was greeted by Megan, who was running the cash register for some reason instead of working in the back.

"Short staffed?" Louis questioned walking up to her.

"Yeah, one of the girls got sick and had to leave. We've all been running on caffeine today. Harry's in the back, but watch it, he's a little snappy." Megan warned and Louis nodded.

He walked into the kitchen and saw Harry icing a cupcake with a small scowl on his face. He watched as the flower Harry was making turned out wrong and the younger lad hurled the cupcake into the trash and leaned on his hands against the table, clearly aggravated.

Louis hurried over and placed his and on Harry's back carefully. His other hand went to Harry's side so he could turn him to face him. Harry let himself be taken into Louis' arms, resting his head on Louis' shoulder.

"What's the matter darling?" Louis questioned quietly.

"Long day, haven't had much of a break." Harry muttered his reply.

"Then take a breather love, just calm down." Louis said, soothing his hand up and down Harry's back.

The slightly younger man relaxed and took a deep breath, letting himself be held.

"Harry... oh hello Louis." Anne greeted, walking into the kitchen.

"Hi Anne." Louis smiled while Harry remained tucked into his neck.

"Are you alright love?" Anne questioned coming over with a concerned face and placing her hand on Harry's shoulder.

"M' tired." Harry replied, his voice muffled in Louis' neck.

"I was just coming to tell you that your shift was done. Go home a rest." Anne ordered softly.

Harry nodded and pulled away from Louis.

"Are you alright to drive home Haz?" Louis questioned with concern. "Wait... what am I asking? Of course you're not. Come on, I'll drive you."

Louis led Harry out to the front of the bakery after the younger had removed his apron. He waited for Megan to get done helping a customer before speaking.

'Hey Megan, is your sister picking you up again?" Louis asked, knowing sometimes Megan leant her car to her sister to use.

"Yeah, why?" Megan inquired.

"Harry's not fit to drive right now, will you bring his SUV to his flat, your sister could meet you there?" Louis questioned and Megan nodded.

"Yeah, I'll let her know. Now get him home." Megan said gesturing to Harry.

Louis walked out to his car with Harry at his side and opened the passenger door for him to climb in. He drove over to Niall's and picked up Scarlet before driving the rest of the way to Harry's flat.

"Dad, coach wanted to know if I'd be able to play on the team next year?" Scarlet spoke as they walked to the flat door, Harry walking more like a zombie since he was tired.

"Definitely." Louis nodded, taking her hand as they walked.

"Really?" Scarlet questioned looking up at him with wide eyes.

"Course love, you finished up therapy a couple weeks ago and you've been playing great when we go to the park, I don't see why not." Louis smiled down at her as they stopped at the door.

Harry unlocked the flat and they all walked inside. It's later than normal because Harry's shift hadn't started till later in the day so he had had to work until 8 o'clock.

"Daddy I'm hungry." Scarlet said looking over at Harry.

"It's late baby girl, you need to go to bed so you can get up for school." Harry replied setting his phone and wallet on the counter top.

"But I'm hungry..." Scarlet pouted and Harry sighed.

"Hey..." Louis cut in placing a hand on Harry's shoulder. "How about you go take a shower and I'll cut her up an apple to snack on?"

"Okay... yeah thanks." Harry mumbled and the headed off to the shower.

Louis walked into the kitchen and Scarlet hopped up onto the barstool at the breakfast bar.

"How about some apple slices love?" Louis asked picking up a red apple from the basket Harry always put them in.

"With caramel sauce?" Scarlet asked hopefully.

Louis nodded then leaned over the counter closer to her, "But no telling daddy. Shh." he smiled holding his finger over his lips.

Scarlet giggled and nodded her head while Louis grabbed a knife from the drawer and set to work coring the apple then cutting it into slices. He grabbed two packets of caramel sauce from the fridge and handed them over to Scarlet with the apple slices on a plate.

Scarlet munched on her apple slices, dipping them in caramel, while Louis placed a kettle on the stove to boil some water for tea. He grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge and placed it in front of Scarlet for her while he listened to the sound of running water from Harry's shower. Scarlet finished up the apple, hopped off the stool, and rounded the counter to stand next to Louis. She curled her arms around his waist and Louis rested his hands on her back while he leaned against the counter.

"How bout you go take a shower and get squeaky clean, yeah?" Louis suggested after a moment of silence, lifting a hand to push her bangs out of her face and tap her nose gently.

"Okay. Thanks for the apple dad." Scarlet responded pressing her face against Louis' stomach.

"Of course love..." Louis replied softly, bending over to kiss her head only to have her plant a sticky from caramel kiss on his cheek.

It's the first time she's ever done that and it makes Louis freeze for a minute but then he kisses her cheek back and ruffles her hair a little before releasing her. Scarlet walked away and Louis turned his attention back to making tea just as he heard the shower turn off and the other turn on. He was pulling the tea bags out and tossing them in the trash just as Harry walked into the kitchen, looking more awake than he had.

Louis held out one of the cups of tea to him and Harry took it was a grateful smile. He took a few sips of the beverage then set it down on the counter and leaned against it.

"Thanks for getting her a snack and to the shower." Harry said looking over at Louis with his hands crossed over his chest.

"No problem." Louis replied, offering him a small smile. "I needed to talk to you about something..."

"Oh? What?" Harry questioned, a slight fear that maybe Louis was going to leave them bubbling inside of him.

"Well, I finished getting together all the details of Little Mix's tour." Louis started standing in front of Harry against the other counter. "I had a chat with the girls today and they really want me to be there for their first concert, which is in two months."

"That's great Lou!" Harry praised, his heart steadying itself again. "Where's the concert at?"

"That's the thing... it's in New York." Louis answered and Harry's mouth formed a perfect 'O'.

"How long would you be gone?" Harry asked.

"Probably a week. The girls have two shows in New York that week, so I would go to both of them just to support them." Louis said before taking a sip of his tea.

"Oh, well that's not too bad." Harry responded, feeling rather relieved that Louis wouldn't be gone long.

"No, I just wanted to let you know... I didn't want you to think I like skipped town or something..." Louis trailed off for a moment. "Because I'm definitely not."

Harry nodded his head then sighed, "What are you gonna tell Scar?"

"Um... that I have to go away for a week but I'll be back and have a souvenir for her?" Louis hesitated knowing how Harry felt about him buying Scarlet unnecessary things.

Harry walked over to the pantry to get the cat food as Oliver came walking into the kitchen, meowing and weaving between Harry's legs.

"Nothing crazy..." Harry finally spoke once he poured some food into the cat's dish.

"Promise." Louis swore and they exchanged easy smiles. "Want me to feed Sugar?"

"Sure." Harry said moving out of the way so Louis could grab Sugar's food dish and food.

He poured some into the dish rattled it and soon the sound a the five month old dogs' nails were coming down the hall, rushing to the kitchen, slipping as she rounded the corner.

Harry and Louis let out a round of laughter as the young dog scrambled on the hard wood and over to Louis.

"Crazy dog." Louis laughed setting the food down on the mat where her water dish was.

"Scar really loves her though." Harry commented as he watched Sugar eat. "She doesn't even sleep in her doggy bed anymore hardly, she's always on Scar's bed."

"Maybe put the dog bed in Scar's room? I can tell you're not thrilled about the dog being on the bed." Louis suggested finishing off his tea.

"It's just... she sheds and it gets all over the blankets, but that's a good idea... she'll just have to start sleeping there." Harry responded as the pad of feet were heard.

Scarlet appeared a moment later dressed in a pair of baby blue pyjama bottoms and a grey shirt, her hair wet from her shower. Harry motioned her over and Scarlet handed him the towel she had been carrying. She turned her back to Harry and he began working on drying her hair.

Meanwhile, Louis collected Sugar and Oliver's dishes once the two animals walked away - Sugar going to lay by the sofa and Oliver to lay on the back of the sofa to clean his paws and face.

"I think your dad had something he wanted to tell you Scar." Harry said giving Louis a pointed look as Scarlet looked over at him curiously.

"Right. Yeah. I did. Um..." Louis stammered walking over to squat down in front of his daughter. "So bug, at the beginning of May I have to go out of town for a bit."

Scarlet's eyes got a little wide and she looked at Louis with fear.

"Are you coming back?" She questioned quietly.

"Yes. Definitely yes love. And I'm gonna have a special present for you when I get back." Louis smiled reaching out to tap her nose.

"Really?" Scarlet asked, her face going from worry to excitement.

"Yup." Louis replied, popping the 'p'.

"What is it?" She bounced on the heels of her feet.

"Well now I can't tell you that love, it's a surprise." Louis laughed at her eagerness.

Scarlet pouted and Louis just straightened his legs and bent down to kiss her nose and forehead. Harry watched on in amusement and awe as Louis effortlessly resisted Scarlet's pout. Harry handed Scarlet her towel and she motioned for Harry to bend down so she could smack a kiss on his cheek.

"Say goodnight then go brush your teeth bug." Harry ordered, pressing a kiss to her forehead.

Scarlet turned back to Louis and like as always did now, she curled her arms around his waist and hugged him, pressing her face to his stomach.

"Night dad." She murmured into the fabric of his shirt.

"Night love, sweet dreams." Louis responded, hugging her tight then letting her go.

Scarlet walked away and a minute later they heard the water in the bathroom. Harry turned to Louis and crossed his arms over his chest with a small glare.

"Caramel." He stated.

Louis tried looking innocent but Harry just quirked his eyebrow and Louis gave him an apologetic smile.

"She asked for caramel..." Louis responded sheepishly.

Harry shook his head and chuckled, letting Louis know he wasn't truly upset with him.

"I should get going." Louis stated after a few minutes of silence.

"Yeah, I'm ready to sleep." Harry said rinsing out his empty tea cup.

"I'll see you later." Louis responded moving to curl an arm around Harry's neck and another around his waist.

"Night Lou." Harry replied, his voice sleepily.

"Night Haz." Louis said, pulling back enough to kiss Harry's cheek then release him.

*~*

The two months leading up to the start of Little Mix's tour was busy for Louis. He worked longer hours at the record company helping the girls prepare for their first show and working with the other group and singer. Most days it would be too late after he left the office to go see Scarlet so he'd end up with a bag of take out at his flat alone.

On the days he got off early, he'd ride over to Niall's a pick Scarlet up and take her to see Harry, Anne, and Megan at the bakery. That of course started happening after he got permission from Harry to start picking Scarlet up occasionally. They were all getting closer with each passing day.

Anne had forgiven Louis already for leaving Harry, seeing how much the older lad was still in love with Harry and with Scarlet. Megan had been more reluctant but now she could consider Louis somewhat of a friend or at least somebody she didn't want to kill whenever he came into the bakery. Harry still hadn't though and Louis didn't know what else to do except keep on showing him that he loved him and that he wasn't going anywhere.

When it came time for Louis to leave for New York with Little Mix, Harry offered to drive him to the airport so he didn't have to leave his car there. Scarlet was still in school so it was just Harry and Louis in the Range Rover with the music turned up, singing along to Dark Horse by Katy Perry. Harry parked the SUV in the car park and walked in with Louis. He waited while Louis checked into his flight and then walked with him over to security where Little Mix was already waiting.

"Oh my gosh! Hi!" Sierra said walking over to Harry and sticking out her hand. "You must be Harry! I'm Sierra, Mr. Tomlinson talks about you all the time!"

"Nice to meet you and does he?" Harry responded, shaking the 19 year olds hand.

"I'm Jesy and this is Leigh-Ann and Jade." Jesy introduced herself and the other two girls. "And yes, Mr. Tomlinson talks about you - a lot."

Harry looked over at Louis with a quirked eyebrow and found Louis blushing and giving the girls a half-hearted glare.

"We need to get through security now sir." A buff man Harry didn't recognize said, coming to a stop next to Louis.

"Right. Thanks Paul, go ahead and get them going through, I'll be there in a minute." Louis ordered and the man, Paul, nodded before ushering the girls towards the security gates. "Well, I guess I better get going. I'll see you in a week." he said turning to Harry.

Harry held out his arms for a hug and Louis happily went in for one, hugging the slightly taller lad tight.

"Have fun. I'll see you later." Harry responded quietly before letting Louis go.

"Bye Haz." Louis said reaching up to ruffle Harry's curls.

"Bye Lou." Harry smiled, fixing his curls after Louis messed them up.

Harry watched as Louis went through security and then left, heading to work.

*~*

Four days later Louis had already experienced one of the best concerts he'd ever seen. The girls had taken the stage of their very first sold out arena show and had absolutely killed it. Louis wasn't sure how anyone in the arena had a voice left because they had all been screaming so much and so loud.

The second concert date was tomorrow night but tonight, as they sat in the hotel dining room eating, Louis got a strange feeling in his stomach. Something. Was not right.

*~*

In London, Harry was at the bakery frosting cupcakes with Megan when his phone began to ring. He ignored it. It hadn't been but a couple second before the phone started ringing again. Harry sighed and set the frosting bag down and fished the phone out of his pocket. He looked at the caller ID and frowned, he didn't recognize the number.

"Hello?" He answered.

"Hi, is this Mr. Harry Styles?" A man's voice questioned on the other end.

"Um, yes it is?" Harry answered in a questioning voice.

"Mr. Styles this is Headmaster Winston from your daughter, Scarlet's, school. I'm calling to inform you that we've had to call for an ambulance for your daughter." The man said seriously.

"W-What?" Harry paled, barely able to hold onto the phone. "W-What h-happened?" he questioned already struggling to take off his work apron.

"I'm not really sure Mr. Styles. Her class had been at lunch, I was requested along with the nurse and when we got there it appeared Scarlet was having trouble breathing. There was a teacher and lunch attendant trying to help her. The doctor at the hospital can explain to you sir, but please, safely, hurry there." Headmaster Winston stated.

"T-Thanks for calling." Harry croaked then hung up.

"What is it Harry? What happened?" Megan urged taking hold of Harry's shoulders to keep him from tumbling over. "Anne!" She called out urgently. "ANNE!"

Anne came running from her office and was greeted by the sight of her son, white as a ghost.

"What happened!?" She demanded, hurrying over to Harry.

"He got a phone call but I don't know what it was about." Megan answered.

"Harry. I need you to tell me what that phone call was." Anne said sternly.

"Sc-Scarlet. H-Hospital." Harry stuttered and Anne gasped.

"Okay, okay. Megan, you drive him there and I'll be there as soon as I can." Anne commanded and Megan nodded, taking hold of Harry more firmly an directing him to her car.

By the time they arrived at the hospital twenty minutes later, Harry was freaking out. He was no longer pale and looking as though he might pass out, no he was alert and yelling for Megan to drive faster. He bolted out of the car as soon as she stopped outside the emergency room doors and ran inside.

"Can I help you sir?" The lady behind the desk questioned.

"Scarlet Styles, I'm her dad." Harry rushed out and the woman tapped away at her computer.

"I'm afraid you can't see Miss Styles yet Sir, they're trying to stabilize her. If you'd have a seat, a nurse will be with you soon to speak with you." The woman explained and Harry was ready to yell at her and demand to see his baby girl when Megan appeared.

"Come on, let's sit. Text Niall and tell him to come." Megan said leading him to the waiting area.

Thirty minutes later, just as a nurse was coming out to speak with Harry, Niall came barging into the waiting room.

"Where is my princess!? What happened!?" He demanded as he walked over to Harry and Megan.

"Mr. Styles?" The nurse questioned.

"That's me." Harry said standing up and pushing Niall out of the way.

"Hi, I'm Rebecca, I have some information on your daughter, Scarlet." She said flipping a couple pages of her clip board.

"Yeah, is she okay? What happened?" Harry questioned, pressing for information.

"They've got her stable." Rebecca informed them and they all let out relieved sighs. "And she was suffering from anaphylaxis...."

*~*

Louis was on the plane when his phone began to ring, Niall's name flashed across the screen and he frowned, confused as to why the Irish lad would be calling him.

"Hello?" Louis answered quietly.

"Louis. You need to come home. Like now." Niall said, his voice worried. "Scarlet's in the hospital."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 73 21
CURRENTLY GOING THROUGH SOME HARD EDITING WILL BE PUBLISHED AGAIN EVENTUALLY! *** WARNING CONTAINS MPREG*** Niall and Harry are bothers trying to mak...
121K 3.7K 25
Harry was in a happy relationship and had his life set straight until he finds out he can get pregnant...when he actually ends up pregnant. Hit with...
17.6K 627 27
Louis was very vocal about his love for Harry Styles going to every concert and documenting it on his social media what happens when louis gets surpr...
323K 7.7K 27
Larry Stylinson Story (Completed) Harry Styles, a senior in high school, ready to graduate and live the college life, gets his dreams crushed wi...