Little Game

By Ela_banana

[[COMPLETED]] "Life's a little game that people play." ____ Isabella Sofia Torres was someone who was born in... More

HI, WELCOME
Characters
Prologue 01
Prologue 02
Chapter 01
Chapter 02
Chapter 03
Chapter 04
Chapter 05
Chapter 06
Chapter 07
Chapter 08
Chapter 09
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Notes
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
This is The End

Chapter 57

1K 70 19
By Ela_banana

When Isabella entered her home, rattled and possibly feeling pathetic and guilty for what just happened with Nicolai, she immediately ran into Romeo. Well, Romeo blocked her way.

“What the hell?” Isabella exclaimed, weakly narrowing her eyes at the man. She hadn’t seen him for so long that it was kind of weird to see him now. Obviously, he grew older, more rugged than he used to be. But he looked more tired. Before, Romeo was an easy-going person who was very jolly and amiable.

Now, he always wore a frown, there was no light in his eyes anymore. “Did your little buddy leave already?”

Isabella groaned, pinching the bridge of her nose. “You heard all of it.”

He snorted. “It’s not like you two even tried to stay quiet, kid.” He said mockingly, crossing his arms. “This must’ve been the best birthday you ever had, ain’t it?” He asked sarcastically with a hint of amusement.

“Oh, yeah, The greatest. I’m absolutely jumping and rolling on the ground with excitement.” I mused, rolling my eyes.  “You look like you’re bouncing with joy too.”

It was Romeo’s turn to groan before running his hand through his already tousled hair. “Oh, yeah, definitely. If it could kill me, I would have been dead already.” He exclaimed with a dry laugh. 

Isabella would agree with him on that.

The young lady moved to the side and Romeo blocked her way. She glared at him before moving to the other side but he still blocked it. Isabella huffed indignantly. She crossed her chest. “I thought we finished this sharing of experiences of excitement and joy?” Isabella asked. “Do you still have more to share because I’m already filled with excitement and joy from this conversation. I could actually burst from it.”

“Ha-ha. Very funny.” He said sarcastically. “Anyways, did you dismiss the guards? I don’t see them anywhere, kid.” Romeo said, putting a hand on his waist.

Isabella shrugged. “They were here just a while ago.” Isabella mumbled. It is kind of suspicious. If the guards were present then Nicolai wouldn’t even be able to talk to her or even get near her. “Ask Dmitri about it. He was the one who dismissed the people he invited for the party. He could have just told them to patrol or something.”

Romeo hummed. “Sure, kid.” He spoke. “D’you know where he is?”

“Outside. Maybe he’s also patrolling.” Isabella answered tiredly. “Do you know where’s Anthony?” She asked him.

Romeo snorted. “I ain’t his babysitter, kid.” He said with dry humour. “But maybe he’s in his room.”

She gave him a deadpanned look. “Ain’t his babysitter my butt.” Isabella mused before rolling her eyes and sighing. Romeo, for the first time, gave her an amused look.

“Ain’t you a lil’ sweetheart.” He said sarcastically. “What made you so cranky, kid?”

She shrugged. "Nothing, nothing. Go find Dimitri, you big loaf."

"You mean your babysitter, kid?" Romeo teased. Isabella was supposed to fight him but she realized it wasn't worth it.

"Yup." She replied instead as she began walking away from him. "Go find your kind."

Romeo gave her a bemused look before sticking his tongue out childishly. "Kid brat."

Isabella also stuck out her tongue. "Babysitter."

Romeo snorted and rolled his eyes before leaving. She shakes her head and sighed and went towards her brother's room.

Anthony's.

She once loved visiting her brother's room, either to hang out with him or to ask him something that only he could answer. Good times. Such a memory would have brought a smile to her face but all it did was give her a painful pang in the heart.

Isabella gave a pained smile and closed her eyes tightly. It hurts so much. She leaned her head against Anthony's door. The truth was that she was afraid of entering the room because she's expecting him to charge at her like what Elois did. She was so afraid of what he'll say.

Or what he'll do.

"Anthony?" She croaked out, slowly opening her eyes, hoping that there were no tears in her eyes.

No answer. As expected, to be honest. Why would he even answer the door? To them, she was a betrayer. A traitor. She wouldn't be surprised if he'd open the door just to slam it  in her face.

After a minute passed, she was about to give up, accepting the idea that maybe he didn't want to talk. To her surprise, the door opened just when she had her back turned.

Anthony, sweet brother of hers, looked tired. Isabella couldn't believe there was such a look on his face. Anthony was usually in control, always the calm and collected one like a strong tree against a storm.

Of course, no tree could withstand a storm. Some could topple down and some would be allowed to the the day of light.

"Isabella." He said before stepping aside. "Come in. Seems that I've kept you waiting for too long."

Isabella felt the fear stir in her chest but she buried it and tried her best to look as though nothing could bother her. She nodded to her brother.

"You did." Isabella said, thanking the universe that her voice didn't tremble. "If you don't want to talk, just say it to my face so that I know if I'm unwanted, okay? It's better to be frank about it so that nobody's time is wasted." She said sharply before walking towards his room with a huff.

Isabella saw him wince at her tone and she felt a wave of satisfaction wash through her. "Of course." He exclaimed as she entered his room.

"What do you want to talk about, Bells?" Anthony asks, not even bothering to close the door. He went back to the desk at the corner of his room and leaned against it, his arms crossed and his gaze hardened when he finally faced her.

Isabella rolled her eyes. "You know what, Anthony." She grumbled. "I don't want to take any more time than I already have."

He sighed. "There's nothing to talk about."

She threw her hands in the air. "Bullshit."

"Isabella—" Anthony started but she pointed her index finger at him and gave him a warning look.

"Bull-shit." She emphasized angrily, waving her finger on his face.

He walked towards her until he towered over Isabella. "You watch your tone, young lady." He growled, giving her a withering glare.

"Elois' outburst weren't nothing, all of your accusations weren't nothing. You throwing me away like some freaking trash weren't just nothing, Anthony!"

She realized that she couldn't keep her anger for them in check. She was so mad because it's them. They were the reason for her pain, they were the reason why she couldn't sleep at night because she was too busy thinking of a reason why they left.

They left her and she didn't know why.

"Didn't you get your answer already?" Anthony asked and his words cut through her like a knife. "You heard it from Dmitri already, didn't you? What's there to talk about?"

Isabella's hands were shaking as she looked at Anthony in utter disbelief. "You can't possibly believe that." She said. "You can't."

"I can and I will." He scoffed. "You can't control any of what I or anyone believes, Isabella. Plus, I wasn't the one who accused you in front of everyone. It was Elois. So I don't understand why you need to talk to me when it's him you should have headed to."

Anthony, sweet brother of hers. He changed. She couldn't believe he did but he actually did. The man standing in front of her wasn't her brother anymore. This was a man accusing her of the things she didn't even do.

It hurts.

"You're unbelievable." She muttered under her breath as she felt the burning tears threaten to fall. Grief overwhelmed her when she realized that her brother died the moment he left her.

Isabella pinched the bridge of her nose in disbelief as hot tears dripped her cheeks. "Damn it, Anthony." She muttered. When did things fall apart like this? When did things all disappeared?

"Is this all you have to say to me?" Anthony asked, making her look at him and grab his collar wildly, a desperate look plastered on her face. 

"Anthony!" She exclaimed but he grabbed her wrists and gave her a twisted and tired smile.

"What?" He asked harshly. "What do you want me to say? 'I'm sorry'? Is that it? Is that what you want? Fine then, Isabella. I'm sorry that I left you—that WE left, alright?" He exclaimed, glaring at her.

"That's not it!" She screeched, hoping that his lips were closed so that he could just listen to her words and not this.

Not this.

Please.

"Then what, Isabella? Were you expecting us to come back and act like nothing happened? Like we're still a family? Isabella." He said her name like he was so tired and annoyed with her. Like Isabella was everything he was furious about. Isabella. "Please, just stop." He grinded out, making her feel suddenly guilty.

He looks at her in desperation. "Enough, Isabella."

Isabella shakes her head. Was she actually expecting them to act like a family? Did she want them to act like one? Was that the reason why she strolled in her brother's—Anthony's— room just like that? Was that it?

"Anthony—"

Before she could get another word out, a loud sound resonated throughout the whole room and suddenly, everything slowed.

Isabella turned around slowly, her ears still ringing, her hands still shaking, her lower lip quivering as she looked.

And then there stood Nicolai.

Her friend then now, her enemy.

He held a gun in his hand, his eyes wild but he looked determined. He looked as though he had expected this. As though he planned...

Isabella turned to look at Anthony.

His pool of blood flooded the floor immediately and tainted her feet like paint. She suddenly couldn't breathe. She couldn't inhale and exhale properly.

"Anthony." She wheezed out in disbelief. "Anthony?"

Anthony's eyes were shaking as he looked at her. He couldn't talk. He could barely breathe as well. His eyes moved towards Nicolai and Isabella turned around to face Nicolai again.

Nicolai lowered his gun and turned to look at her.

"I told you I was sorry."

______

HAVE A JOLLY CHRISTMAS, GUYSSSS

(⁠≧⁠▽⁠≦⁠)

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS (⁠◕⁠ᴗ⁠◕⁠✿⁠)

(Just so you know, I'm nice and I'm not evil, okay? *Hides behind a boulder*)

I'm sorry for not updating and for the mistakes here.... (⁠´⁠ ⁠.⁠ ⁠.̫⁠ ⁠.⁠ ⁠'⁠) I still hope you enjoyed it °^°

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Caged By Megan

Mystery / Thriller

898K 35.3K 51
They will claim to be her salvation as they take her through hell. Left in the care of her brothers, Isabella starts to realize this as the truth be...
kindred By Madi Lee

Teen Fiction

931K 22.3K 47
All Adeline Kingston has known is pain. Years of agony, anguish and anger. Brothers. Addie has 7, not that she knew. When she is reunited with her ol...
131K 4K 53
The Delgado siblings have had their lives turned around; with the inevitable appearance of a familiar face finally upon them and a whole new risk of...
192K 5.6K 32
I felt the tears rise and I looked down for a minute, gathering all of my resolve. I looked up again and stared him right in the eye. "You know what...