After Solitude

By BabyGurl5119

Have you ever felt the love and protection of three vampires? Zoey hasn't, she didn't even think it could've... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Epilogue

Chapter 55

7.1K 194 12
By BabyGurl5119

Zoey's POV

Yesterday knocked me out.

For the rest of the day, they all had to help me with the simplest everyday tasks. Nik helped me shower, Jett helped me move from one place to the other, and Wyatt fed me.

But I wouldn't have it any other way. It was fun! Although, my body is so sore I still can't sit super comfortably, it just reminds me of how they all made me feel.

At first I was embarrassed, especially seeing Jett down there. But when it started feeling good...all those second thoughts washed away.

I'm so happy Nik decided to mark me! I've been waiting for what seems like forever for him to do that but I know it wasn't something I could rush.

The mark still hasn't formed yet. It's still only two irritated and painful holes in my neck with scattered purple bruises. Jett said the bruises were hickeys and that they happened when Nik was kissing my neck. They surprisingly don't hurt, they look like they would though. Deep purple and slightly blue.

I am definitely getting impatient though. I really want to see what the mark will look like! I bet it'll be super pretty and intricate.

Cutting me from my thoughts, Jett walks up to me in the sun room with a glass of water.

"Drink, baby." He instructs.

I take the glass and sip on it as he sits next to me.

"I was just talking to Poppy." I admit.

His eyebrows furrow, "talking to her?"

I nod, "I know she can't hear me, but maybe...just maybe it'll help me feel better."

He sighs, wrapping his muscular arm around me, "well, did you eventually feel better without your parents?"

I take a moment to think. Not really.

"No, the pain is still there just as strong as the day they died. I guess I just learned how to live with that pain."

Jett pulls me tighter into him. I know he feels bad. It's kind of sad to know that all three of them know loss. Well, maybe not Nik. His parents are vampires. But Jett and Wyatt's parents were human and they died.

Jett watches me as I gulp down the water. I honestly hate drinking water, it's just so plain and flavorless. I much prefer orange soda or even grape soda.

Once the water is done, Jett takes the glass and sets it on the floor.

"How about a movie?" He suggests.

I perk up in my seat, "a Christmas movie?" I ask.

I love Christmas. I usually get depressed around this time of year even though I absolutely love Christmas. Probably because I didn't have a family. But now, I have a family! Nik marking me technically means we're married, right?

"Of course, baby. If that's what you want." He smiles.

I bubbly stand from the seat and take Poppy's urn from the table and follow Jett to the theater, being careful to not drop Poppy and shatter her on the floor.

Nik and Wyatt meet us in the theater soon after.

While I'm picking out candy, I'm reminded by the first day of being here. I remember that I wanted a little bit of everything and the guys made sure I took whatever I wanted. They made me feel so welcomed as soon as I walked through the doors.

"So, what're we watching, doll?" Wyatt wonders as I pick out sour cream and onion Pringles and a Twix bar.

"The Polar Express. I've always loved that movie." I inform him. In the group home, they'd play this once a week and every week, I was in the first row of kids.

Once we sit down, Nik moves my hair, inspecting his gruesome mauling.

"Does it still hurt?" Nik asks.

"A little, but I'd do it again." I smile to let him know I'm okay.

He was worried about me all last night. Before I went to sleep, he kept asking if I was okay and he kept checking on me every thirty minutes.

The movie hits every nostalgic bone in my body. It's such a cute story, it'll never get old.

I made sure Poppy was in my hands the whole time. It gives me comfort knowing she's right here and not alone in a room somewhere, at least for now.

My eyes are almost blinded when we leave the dark theater room. The large windows display a ground blanketed in sparkling snow.

"It looks like it's lightening up a little bit." I comment.

The snowflakes are smaller and are swaying down instead of big blobs of snow tumbling. It's more pleasing to the eye this way.

Nik's phone rings, cutting off the silence.

"I'll be back." He informs as he walks away from us.

I shrug and return Poppy to the sunroom.

Jett and Wyatt sit with me in the living room for a while, until my eyes begin to feel sore and heavy. My head settles against Wyatt's shoulder, my eyes feel like I've been swimming in a chlorine pool all day. Maybe I'm still tired out from all the sex.

I stay asleep for at least an hour before I hear the sound of Nik's voice.

"That was Brina." He states. His hair looks messier than usual, like he's been running his fingers through the black strands.

"What's wrong?" I ask, sleepily rubbing my eyes.

He shoots me a soft smile, "nothing at all, love."

"What did she say?" Jett questions.

Jett pulls me into him as I sit up from leaning on Wyatt. He was a comfortable napping place.

"She went to visit Desmond."

A jolt of heated anger runs up my spine. My once sleepy eyes are now focused on what Nik has to say.

Why would she see him? I hope she killed him. My thoughts don't even sound like me anymore. Since when do I start wishing death on people? Since they killed my best friend. I answer my own thought.

"To put a long story short," Nik sighs, "he agreed to leave Zoey alone for now. Brina thinks she can expel the Vurthron without killing Zoey."

How gracious of him.

"And you trust that?" Jett scoffs.

Nik gives him a glare, "of course not. That'd be naive. But I do trust Brina and our power to continue to keep her safe from any outside forces."

If Brina can't make this evil inside of me disappear, I'll have to make sure of it myself. I can barely live with the thought of knowing I probably killed my parents and Brexley...and I didn't initially kill Poppy, but it's partly my fault she's not here today.

"Maybe we should ambush Desmond. He killed one of us." Jett grunts.

"His kind has been killing us for centuries. If we kill him or his people, then they will have a reason to hunt us." Nik states.

"If we kill his whole family and workers, nobody will be able to hunt us." Jett says almost sarcastically.

Nik glares at him, warning him to not go stray and try something stupid.

Jett huffs, but remains silent.

"So, Brina is going to remove this monster inside of me?" I ask skeptically.

Nik nods, "she sure as hell is going to try."

"When?"

"As soon as this storm blows over and the roads are clear enough to drive on."

"She can do this, she's one of the best." Wyatt cheers on the idea while still sulking about Nik not letting him raise hell.

I guess I have a few more days of living with this monster.

Thank you all for reading! Please remember to vote, comment, and follow!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 36.3K 42
THIS BOOK IS UNDER MAJOR CONSTRUCTION. IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT YOU WAIT ANYWERE FROM 4-8 WEEKS TO START READING THIS! Feel free to just add it to your...
3.1M 139K 44
****COMPLETED**** "You're driving me crazy," I growled, dropping my hand down to her waist then around to her lower back, sucking her earlobe into my...
1.1M 30.8K 33
A secret hybrid. A charming Alpha. Mates. What could go wrong? ************************************** Brooklyn Jones is a hybrid. Her mother was the...
355K 9.1K 37
What happens when Maya moves to a new town and peaks the interest of seven vampires? The Hastings brothers have been vampires for over 300 years. The...