Reckless || Harry Styles AU

By narryhugme

"How do you think your parents would react to your success if they were still here today?" ... Jessica Steele... More

first part of revised edition of "Reckless" now up!
before you read (:
1: walk straight and don't trip
2: thank you
3: go
4: jessy
5: happy days
6: fun times
7: hurricane harry
8: elephant in the room
9: jess goes quiet
10: spilt beans
11: fine dining
12: muse
13: firecrackers
14: change of heart
15: control
16: a little party never killed nobody
17: decisions
18: pick up lines and ice cream
19: closer
20: heart out
21: it's not over yet
22: hellos and goodbyes
23: rehashing
24: a needed visit
25: needed
26: trouble
27: stories of their lives
28: faith
29: reality isn't real
30: change
31: breathe
32: home is just home
33: boys will be boys
34: feelings
36: have fun
37: hold my heart
38: turning tables
39: anatomies
40: the calm
41: before the storm
42: happy birthday jess
43: falling into place
44: happy birthday harry
45: TOKYO, JAPAN
46: restless
47: wake up call
48: all okay
49: privacy
50: perspective
51: support and criticism
52: what we thought
53: recollect
a/n: please read ! (:
54: wildfire
55: inevitable
56: hold back
57: soon
58: attempt
59: reliance
60: another one
61: responses
62: talk about it (part 1)
63: talk about it (part 2)
a/n: sequel info
Q&A
64: real
65: public rendezvous
66: GOOD FOR YOU.
67: STEELE.
68: FAMILY.
THE SEQUEL IS UP
hiiii...3 years later

35: what's right and what's wrong

42.9K 1.4K 519
By narryhugme

Hot damn that gif 😍🍭 comment & vote cause we got up to #169 on fanfiction this weeeeeek 😏 AND LOOK @ THE POV CHANGES

Harry

"Is it hard?" Liam asks. This bastard is just trying to get into my head. No way am I going to let him win this match.

"Is what hard?" I answer anyways.

"Your girlfriend dating someone else."

He just had to bring that up. "She's dating me."

"But it has to be hard. You know, them kissing and shit. Plus, he's famous."

Louis laughed beside me. "Way to be subtle, Liam."

Nothing made me angrier than seeing Nick with Jess, but it was something I'm going to have to deal with for a little bit longer. I just couldn't wait until I could go out in public and kiss her and hold her. There was nothing more that I wanted in this world. I was sick of hiding.

"Trust me, it fucking sucks. I don't recommend it. But it's worth it. For her. Damn!" Liam scored on me again.

I heard the door open and I was distracted for a second, hoping that I'd see Jess come through the hallway. Instead, my sister came through alone.

"Hey, you guys were gone a long time," I tell her, focused on the television still.

"Yeah." She huffed walked to the coat rack and shook off her sweatshirt. "Ran into lots of paparazzi. It was a weird experience."

"Paps? Is Jess okay?" I quickly glance over at her.

"Yeah. Her friend was a little shaken up I think. Well, I think she was just taken off guard."

"Harry, you play like shit," Louis says. Such encouraging words from my best mates. But, sadly, it was the truth. I just lost to Liam for the third time.

I toss the controller into his Louis' lap and lean back into the couch, crossing my arms. I noticed that Gemma was still hovering around.

"Did something else happen?" I ask, suspiciously.

"No. Just...has a paparazzi ever grabbed Jess before?"

She had a worried, unsure look on her face and I assumed the worst. I swear, if someone had laid a hand on Jess, I'd make sure that man would lose his job.

Gemma must've saw the expression on my face, because she quickly cleared the air. "He, uh, just grabbed her arm. I think it mostly surprised her, is all."

"I don't know much about paparazzi, but that doesn't seem very legal," Niall added in.

"It's not. Do you know the company they were with or their name?" I ask.

She shakes her head. "Don't worry about it though, Haz. Jess, I'm sure has already forgotten about it."

"Where is she?"

"Upstairs with Julia." Gemma takes a bottle of water from the fridge and sits next to Liam on the couch.

I really wanted to go up and see for myself that she was alright. She didn't have me or any bodyguards with her. What if things got bad?

"Harry, do you have a charger? My phone's just about dead," Niall said. It was the first time I noticed that he was up and looking through the drawers in our kitchen.

"Bro, what are you doing?"

"Tryna find a damn charger. Do you have one?"

I sigh and stand up, briefly stretching. "Yeah, it's in my room, come on."

I watched as Niall quickly swooped by the biscuits and took one in his mouth before reaching me. I shake my head at him. My mum made a pretty huge batch yesterday and the boys seemed to have eaten almost all of them.

"Liam whooped your ass," Niall blurts, laughing afterwards. I laughed along with him.

"He's an arsewipe anyways, Harold," he added.

I shake my head. "I don't care about the bloody game. I lost. Oh, well. Just let Liam soak in his victory. He needs it for his ego."

Niall laughs again. "Where's Jess?"

"In her room with her friend. Don't think you wanna walk in there if I were you, mate. I guarantee you won't be seeing any naked pillow fights."

"Yer an idiot." Niall nudged me and shook his head, his face a tint of red. We both reached my door and I opened it, immediately looking towards the charger that lie next to my bed. But my focus was taken completely off of it once I realized who sat on my mattress.

Jess didn't look good. Her eyes were slightly red from what I could see and she looked awfully flustered. My mind raced with what could be wrong, but I immediately thought of what Gemma had said about their run in with paparazzi.

Fuck, what could they have said to her?

"Niall, go back downstairs, please," I say quietly, not giving him a glance. I was relieved when he didn't say a word. I saw Jess give a conflicting look at Niall before her eyes met mine again.

"What's wrong, love?" I ask, carefully, walking over to her. "Where's Julia? Why're you in here?"

I sit beside her and reach out to bring her closer to me, but instead she stands up. "I-I'm sorry."

What? Did she think...

"No, no, that's not what I meant, love," I affirmed, chuckling a bit at the fact that she thought that I didn't want her in here. That's absolutely absurd.

She sat back down beside me and my hand goes up to rub up and down her back. Her chocolate eyes are flooded with emotion. I lean in and kiss her forehead.

"Tell me what's wrong," I eased again.

I watch as she shakes her head slowly and then a humorless laugh escapes her soft lips. "I'm a sob story."

I look over her face to see if there was an indentation of what the hell she was talking about. A sob story?

"Excuse me?" I choked.

"I'm a sob story," she echoes.

"Jess--" I turn my body to face her.

"Just listen to this. I'm an idiot for just figuring this out. When did my career kick off? Mainly April. What happened in April? I lost my parents. What does the media completely eat up? A good story. And what's a better story than a young, uprising artist who's parents just died?"

"Jessica--"

"I'm a sob story. That's what I am. My friend thinks so, too--"

"Jessica! You are not a sob story. Hell, people don't pay hundreds of dollars to see you perform because they feel bad for you. For shits and giggles, let us just say that you are a sob story. Your concerts must then be the largest pity parties in the universe!" I countered.

I honestly couldn't believe that that thought had actually ran through her beautiful little mind. Yeah, the media has included her parents' death and her career in the same article numerous times, but that's just the media speaking.

I grabbed her face in my hands. "Your fans are here for you. For your music. For your insanely attractive face and personality, Jessy. Not because your parents are dead, or because you have a story. I don't know where this idea has come from, but get that out of your head, alright?"

As I talked, I could see the change in her eyes. They started to brighten like they normally did.

Then, she did the last thing I expected her to do in this moment. She started laughing.

Jessica Steele started genuinely laughing after I just gave her the most intense speech about her I've ever done. A proper laugh. I stared at her incredulously as tears rolled down her cheeks. They were laughing tears. She covered her face with her hands and continued to laugh.

I couldn't hold it in anymore. Her laughter was just too contagious. Now, I was laughing so hard, tears sprang to my eyes as well.

"You're so rude, Jessica. Do you know how heartfelt that speech just was? And you're laughing!" I ranted, grabbing onto her knees. Her body lunged towards mine and her arms locked around my neck; mine wrapped around her waist.

"You're perfect, Harry. Just perfect," she muttered, her lips tickling my neck. Not even.

"Why am I perfect? You can at least explain to me this before I bring you to a mental hospital."

"Julia's being a bitch, and I had a little bit of a moment of weakness there, but I'm fine. You made me fine. That's why you're perfect," she clarified.

I was captivated by the way her lips formed every word and how they moved so gently. I gave into the desire.

Our lips met and she shrieked in surprise. Her breath was hot against mine and I could taste the vanilla of her chapstick. I felt my heart beat erratically once her back met the bed and I was suddenly hovering over her. God, how could she be so perfect.

I moved my lips down her neck and she tugged at my hair, making me go absolutely insane. I placed my lips to the base of her jaw. The gasp that fell from her mouth confirmed her weak spot.

Her hands grasped my face and our lips collided again. They then moved down to my waist and pulled mine down to meet hers. I could feel my jeans tighten from the contact.

My hands drifted up and down her side and my fingers went to the buttons of her jeans. As soon as my name leaked from her lips that were against mine, I stopped.

Bloody hell, Harry, take it slow.

"M'sorry," I mumbled, placing another light kiss on her lips.

The smile on her face had me waving a white flag. "Don't be. I just-I probably should go talk to Julia."

Her hands were still distracting me as they tangled in my hair. I moaned some incoherent response and she pulled down my head so that we kissed again. Her lips were so warm and soft. I traced my fingers over her cheekbones and down the side of her jaw. How could a single girl be so beautiful?

"Harry." Her voice shook me out of my thoughts again and I met her gaze.

"Hm?"

"You're kinda still on top of me."

"Oh!" I chuckle and roll onto my back on the bed. She smiles and slips off the bed. I watch her as she disappears from the room.

She sends me a final smile before the door is shut and I am left alone.

•••

Jess

Did Julia deserve me to be the one to break our silence? No. But Harry damn Styles always puts me in a good mood and for some reason my twisted mind thinks I should go talk to her.

I knock on the guest room door and walk in once I heard a broken response.

She was lying on top the bed on her back with her arms folded over her eyes. She peeked underneath them once I opened the door.

Her eyes widened in surprise at the sight of me and she sat up. "You look like you just did something freaky in the other room," she hinted. She gave a small laugh and the corners of my mouth perked up.

And then we were embedded in silence again. I stood awkwardly by the door while she sat awkwardly in bed. Jessica and Julia were never awkward.

"Jess, you did not deserve for me to talk to you that way. I'm so sorry. I'm just in the worst mood, I'm tired, I feel left out and insecure, and I'm single, and I'm sorry," she gushed.

I need to be a friend, I remind myself.

I walk over to her and I wrap my arms around her. We don't speak. It was as if we were taking the time to be there for each other to make up for the times when we never were.

"I should be sorry, too, Jules. My life has been taken over and I haven't been including you, and that's really my worst mistake," I reasoned.

"Well, I get the worst friend award. I just called out your parents as the reason you got famous. Which is absolutely not true because who the hell gets millions of fans from that?"

"Honey, I won that award a year ago."

We both laugh and pull away from our embrace. She looked like she'd been crying.

"How about we get ourselves all fixed up and we go downstairs?" I suggest.

"Tell me the truth: did you and Harry just bang in the other room? Because I don't want to feel the tension downstairs," she clarifies first before we get up.

I giggle again. "No, we didn't."

She groans. "Even worse."

The both of us go to the bathroom to redo our make up. Julia continuously asks questions about Harry and I's relationship, which I've come to find out is not that easy to explain.

"So, Jamie is Nick's girlfriend. And you've never met her?"

I shake my head. "Nope, but I probably will on New Year's Eve, tomorrow."

"Do I need to watch out for you so you don't get your ass beat?"

I scoff. "She wouldn't do...never mind, yeah, go ahead."

I mean I've caught myself having threatening thoughts about Abigail when she's touching on Harry. Plus with what Nick and I have done in public and me having yet to meet "the other girl", I'm probably going to get beat up.

"You're in good hands. I'm a good fighter."

I laugh so hard my stomach hurts. Julia wouldn't even hurt a fly if she was offered a hundred dollars.

"You keep telling yourself that."

She smirks at me and I tie my hair up in a ponytail. I grab her arm and start dragging her towards the door.

"Let's go."

"Wait, wait." She stops me and I turn around.

"I really am sorry, Jess. I didn't mean any of it. I was just mad. You get that, right?"

I did believe that what she said was just a spur of the moment thing. But there was some truth to it. You don't say something like that and not at least mean it a little bit. But I also didn't doubt that she was sorry.

"I understand. Let's just put that aside, alright? We've got a party tomorrow!" I change the subject. She grinned and I was overwhelmed with happiness. Things were back to normal.

•••

"Um...have you met David Beckham?" Louis asked, thinking so hard that I'm afraid he's going to hurt himself. He's been at this for a good half an hour now. He's asked about people from Sam Smith to the Pope.

"Nope," I deny.

He grunted, shaking his head and clicking his tongue. "Shame. But promise me when you do, slip him my number, eh?"

I laughed. "Sure, but I don't have your number."

Louis jumped up from the couch. "Oi! Oi! Harry! Your girlfriend is hitting on me!"

Harry, who was grabbing a couple beers from the kitchen for the boys, walked back into the room chuckling. I've come to really love Louis' personality. I could see why Louis and Harry were best friends.

"Really?" Harry says, joking along.

"Aye! Have you met Adrianna Lima?" Liam shouts from across the room.

"She already answered that, you bloke!" Louis retorted back at him.

Harry sat down next to me, relaxing an arm across the back of the couch. I instinctively moved to lean my back against his chest, fitting into his body.

"I didn't hear! You don't need to be so rude," Liam defended himself.

"Well, you don't need to be such a cock up."

"Get a room, would ya?!" Niall interjected at them in annoyance.

My phone started to ring from in the kitchen with the familiar ringtone of "Fergalicious" which I had set for when Jane called.

"What could she want," I mumble to myself before kissing Harry's cheek and getting up to answer it.

I walk into the kitchen and grab my phone from the counter.

"Hey, Jane."

"Jess. Thought you wouldn't answer. I was going to call Harry. Anyways, there's some things that need to happen in order for you to go where you want on New Year's," Jane chirped.

Ha, and I thought I didn't have a mom to control me.

"What's that?"

"Make sure you're seen kissing Nick once it hits midnight, Jess."

I choke on my spit. "Jane! I-I-I can't--"

"Listen, I don't know what kind of a party you're going to, but you've been staying at Harry's house and you've been seen hanging out with his sister. You need to make this happen."

"What? No!"

"This has to happen."

"Do I even get a choice?" I ask. I already knew the answer.

"Jess, please. This is going to be over soon--"

"That's been said for weeks now, Jane."

"It is not my fault that you and Harry have decided to get involved!" She argued.

"Well, it's not my fault that I love him!" I hiss quietly.

Her side of the line fell silent. I was beyond mad. For the past week, Jane has not been on my side. I was tired of this. I was tired of saying that I was tired.

"Just get it done." Jane's words were barely whispered before the line went dead.
_____________________

Well then...

For any new readers: Hiiiiii, I'm Allyson & I love the boys, Halsey, Ed Sheeran & so many other people, so don't be afraid to message me with questions, comments, or just to say hi!

Thank you all so so so so so much for reading and commenting as much as you do! Ok, and I was just wondering if I should start a tumblr or twitter for this fanfic????? Comment if yes or no because I want to talk to you guys on a different social media! :-)

COMMENT VOTE SHARE FOLLOW AND STUFF

Twitter: @wtvrharold
xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 121 18
【🛫☀️】 ❝🇼🇭🇾 🇸🇭🇴🇺🇱🇩 🇮 🇭🇪🇱🇵 🇾🇴🇺?❝ 🇼🇭🇪🇷🇪 🇭🇺🇳🇹🇪🇷 🇦🇳🇩 🇸🇪🇪🇺🇳 🇦🇷🇪 🇴🇳🇱🇮🇳🇪 🇧🇪🇸🇹 🇫🇷🇮🇪🇳🇩🇸💻, 🇦🇳🇩 🇭🇺...
106K 3K 28
A book about a modern-day princess, a green-eyed financial analyst, and so, so many lies. ♕♕♕ Highest Rankings: #1 in NewRomance #1 in 1DFanFiction #...
512K 10.9K 37
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
2.3M 45.8K 34
Eileen Mae Montgomery, better known as El has been working for the Gucci special designs team for two years now. It's her dream job, but theres one t...