The wrong star

By anabe23

Humans are back in Pandora and Miles Quaritch is one of them, at least some form of him. If they couldn't win... More

Become the enemy
Forest
Bond
Now we can't go back
I see you
We need a plan
Fire
Fight for the future
---1,000 reads announcement---
I knew it
Journey
------ bonus -------
Tulkun hunt
Everything goes to hell
Bullet
Enemies
Last deep breath
Happy new year
Black out
Village
---10k reads---
Strenght
---10k special Miles POV---
Prisoner
I'm different
Happiness is a fragile thing
They're coming
Time goes by
War preparations
New heir
Fear
Almost time
Battle
New life
author's note
what follows
author's note
----Journey, Miles's POV----
I'm not like you
Ametrine
Air
Sister of the ocean
Trip back home
author's note
Mother
Kind of a family
Air view
Not blue
Spirits
No signal
Have some faith
The battle of the halleluyah mountains
The hunt
author's note

Hostage

8.5K 176 2
By anabe23

"Cousin where are you?"I say through my microphone.

I had gone to see how my cousins were because I heard Jake had grounded them but when I got to their tent none of them were there, not even Tuk so I knew... I just knew that they must have done something stupid.

"We're... at the old base" Kiri answered.

I murmur a curse.

"Hey, Jake grounded you... you shouldn't be out, let alone at the old base" Why are this kids always getting in trouble?

"I know, I know, we're coming back soon, Anatuat" Kiri answers in that tone she's been using lately.

"You better be" I say and cut.

I might regret my desition but I think I should go to the base and make sure they all come back safe so I call my Ikran and fly there.

When I get there I see Na'vi, they could be part of Jake's team but... they're dressed like the sky people.

They have the kids by their braids so this way I can't communicate with them and risk getting them injured or worse, so I'll have to call my aunt.

"Neytiri... the kids are in trouble" I begin.

"We know, Lo'ak called us some time ago but... we're still not there. How do you know?" She answers.

"I went looking for them and they weren't in their tent, then Kiri told me where they were but... they're surrounded."

"We're still hours away, but wait for us, once we're there we'll divide and get rid of them" Jake says.

"Copy that" I answer and hide.

I wait for hours and hours, I guess the soldiers are waiting for Jake and Neytiri too because they haven't gone and rain and night are already upon us.

I start playing with my axe, a nervous reflex, wondering if I could be able to take out two or three of them at the same time if I throw it hard enough, but I would never risk hurting the kids.

After one more hour my aunt and uncle are here, finally. They tell me the plan and I position myself.

Neytiri calls for the kids and soon everything is a mess of sound, bullets and death.

I take out a few of them that were in the perimeter and after some more shots I see that the kids are able to free themselves and they run, Spider is a little behind but I cover him as I urge him to hurry up.

"Duck!" I shout at him and the monkey boy slips and falls. I see Kiri trying to go back and help him but Neytiri pulls her away and they go.

I could go... I could leave the kid there but he's always been kind to me so I hiss in desperation as I regret my desition and slide down to try and carry him away, only that I'm surprised when I find one of them down there and he's faster than me when pointing his gun at my head.

I move my arm ready to take my axe and swing at this demon but he shots right beside my head, the sound so loud I feel like it left me deaf.

He takes advantage of that and cuffs my arms in front of me, puts Spider over his arms and talks to someone.

A stair falls from the sky and he makes me climb up dragging me by my braid. I wanted to let Jake or Neytiri know what happened but he pulls again and I hurry up the damn ladder.

"Sully is gone but I bring hostages" the man says and they start flying away.

I curse again and again in my mind as I get dragged into a glass cage and they take Spider to another place.

The only thing I know for sure is that they are all demons, sky people that somehow live in Na'vi bodies, but they're not like Jake. This... this things, they're bodies acting like people that are already dead. 

The most scary of them all is Quaritch, Miles Quaritch... the man who tried killing my uncles and shouldn't be here.

                                                                            ------------------------------

I stand up when I listen the door sliding and someone coming into my cell, my arm reaches instinctively to my axe but I remember that they took it so I hiss.

"Demon!" I exclaim in Na'vi as this Miles Quaritch puppet locks the door to my cell.

"The kid is feral and looking at a real native... no wonder where he got those manners," he says.

"Stay away demon" I exclaim again in Na'vi.

"Hey hey! english!" he says. "You know... I already know you have some relationship with the Sully's so you must know a thing or two"

Of course I know english, I'm just determined to make his task as miserable as possible.

"Idiot!" I tell him.

"Oh that's one word I do know of your god forsaken language" he says and steps closer to me. "I do not appreciate you talking to me like that you savage" he says and grabs me by the hair to take me out of the cell.

"You see, if you don't want to talk, then you don't need to. You can join Miles here and we'll take what we need from your brains" he says and pushes me into the center of the room.

Some of this demon soldiers are here but there are also men dressed in white and a lady shouting orders.

"Tie him" she orders and I see them drag Spider into some sort of chair.

"Spider!" I call for him.

"Anatuat!" he calls for me.

I worry as I see how they strap him there and I try to go to him but they restrain me.

"This bitch won't just relax" one of the other soldier says.

I spit at him and some of them laugh and other woo.

"Fucking-"

Quaritch helds him and tells him to stand down.

"She'll have her turn in the fun machine, we need some of her brain working so don't fucking smack her now" he says.

fun machine... I wonder what the hell does that thing do.

They activate the thing and it starts forming circles around Spider, it goes faster and faster and suddenly it forms some kind of barrier and an image of Spider's brain appears on a screen.

"Okay kid, where is Jake Sully? where does he hide?" 

Spider doesn't respond but as time goes by he starts screaming.

"Come on kid, just think about it, you don't have to speak only think about it, form an image and we'll see it here" she insists.

"Spider!" I shout. I don't know what that thing is doing to him but he screams in such pain that it can't be good, I'm afraid they're frying his brain.

"Leave him alone!" I scream in English.

"She's bilingual after all" Quaritch jokes.

"Release him!" I hiss at him. He smirks but then turns to look at Spider, he's still screaming but he almost sounds like he's passing out. I see Quaritch's smile faint and some concern in his face.

That's weird...

"Hey, hey let me try something else with him" he says to the lady giving orders and then she turns off the thing.

This only makes me more suspicious. Why would he spare him from whatever this is? 

"Spider" I try to touch him as he's taken away, his nose is bleeding and his eyes look out of focus.

He tries to call for me but Quaritch orders the people dressed in white to take him somewhere.

"Your turn cupcake" one of the soldiers tells me and holds my arm with much more strength than needed. I try to fight back but when they pull from my braid I have no other option than to follow and hiss at them as they strap me to that thing.

I'm nervous... I don't like technology... I don't like this things that the sky people use, I know a few of them thanks to Jake and the people in the lab but this... I don't trust any of them and nothing that comes with them.

"Starting now" The woman announces and they all gather to see me suffer.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.2K 466 12
Jake Sully and Ney'tiri have formed a family and are doing everything to stay together. However, they must leave their home and explore the regions o...
331K 7.2K 85
This story is about a girl, y/n, who was abandoned on Pandora after the war against the sky people and Omatikaya clan after her parents died. She re...
43.8K 1.2K 23
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ 𝙰𝙽 𝙰𝚅𝙰𝚃𝙰𝚁 𝙵𝙰𝙽𝙵𝙸𝙲𝚃𝙸𝙾𝙽. ┊ ┊ ┊ ✯ ┊ ┊ ★ ┊ ✯ ★ 𝑖𝑛 𝑤ℎ𝑖𝑐ℎ neteyam finds an unconscious na'vi in the woods dur...
62K 1.2K 23
I am back at it again with another Avatar story this one as you can tell from the title is much different. Nora the daughter of Quaritch is reborn in...