I Knew You Were Trouble (Drac...

By bebe05215

Alice Kingsley is a loner. A quiet little Gryffindor girl with a heart of gold. She believes that no one shou... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Epilogue

Chapter 24

18.6K 337 101
By bebe05215

Opening my eyes, I was relieved to see the safe house's lights on. Squinting my eyes closer, I could see a bunch of guards on the porch talking to a man that appeared to be my father. I smiled at his authoritive figure, towering over his peers. My father appeared frustrated and angry but I wouldn't blame him. He probably thinks I'm dead. My eyes dropped down to look at the sand. I should be dead. I'm supposed to be dead. But my little baby saved me. My life was saved in exchange for that of my child’s. I blinked and cleared away the tears before turning to face Draco. We were a few feet from the house and the bushes concealed us perfectly.

"...I guess this is where we say goodbye," I said sadly.

He shook his head. "This isn't goodbye. It's more of a see you later kind of thing." I smiled at his words. "Alice, please take care of yourself. We've already lost our child; I couldn't stand living, if I lost you," he pressed his lips against mine and I almost begged him to stay. Almost.

Once we separated, I looked up at him, my eyes glossy with fresh tears and hugged him. He instantly returned it and after a few seconds, we both sighed. "Be careful, Draco. Please," I told him, my voice full of emotion. "I can't- no I won't lose you. I've already lost everyone else in my life; please don't be one of them," I paused. "And promise me that you'll at least write to me. It helps to know that you’re safe and most importantly, that your alive."

He nodded, "I promise." He looked over my shoulder and then back at me with a longing expression. "I love you Alice, so so much."

Tears fell down my now rosy cheeks. "I love you too, Draco."

I gave him one last peck on the lips, savoring the taste before watching him dissaparte back to the Manor. I dried my face with my hands and sighed. 

Taking a deep breath, I walk out of the bushes and over to the house. Slowly, but surely the figures began to turn around, aiming their wands cautiously at the new intruder. I continued to walk at the same pace, my bare feet feeling tingly from the dry sand. After a moment, one of them must have recognized me because I heard them yell, "Robert, its Alice."

"ALICE!!!" My father's booming voice echoed throughout the deserted beach. I stopped walking when I saw his tall and handsome frame approaching me. "You're alive," he said disbelievingly and I nodded, tears streaming unsteadily down my face.

"Daddy!" My voice crocked. My feet took off running towards him and he did the same. When I reached him, his muscular arms engulfed me into a protective hug. I sobbed uncontrollably on his chest while he rocked me from side and side; tell me it'll be okay. 

My father picked me up and brought me inside the newly refurbished house. That last time I was here, I was with Draco and let's just say I was too busy to worry about the lack of furniture. My father took me up to my old room and sat us down on the bed. I clanged to him, crying without halt. I may have cried before but it was nothing compared to how I feel now. It's like the wound I tried so desperately to close, has opened up and no matter how much I cry it won't close.

"Alice sweetheart, tell me what happened," my father said pain evident in his voice.

"M-My b-baby," I sobbed, endlessly and my father realized what I meant. He glanced down at my now, flattened stomach and let out an angry growl. I proceeded to tell him everything that had transpired in the like few days. My father was beyond livid but he controlled himself because of me.

"I-I'm s-scared," I admitted while wiping the tears away. "What if they kill you? Daddy promise me you won't die! Please, you’re all I have left."

"What about Draco?" my father said through clenched teeth.

I sighed. "It's complicated. I still want to be with him but honestly I can't bring myself to fully truth him again. I don't care that he's a death eater but with his new life style comes certain duties that are irredeemable. I don't think I can stand by him if he commits a murder. Only a vile human being could do such a thing, especially without motive."

Well, you’re right about that. Whenever I'm at work, I try my hardest to not kill any death eaters, whether or not they deserve it. However princess if it comes down to it, I must." I nodded, understanding. He then handed me back my wand. I placed it on the night table not wanting to look at it. When I first got my wand, Olliviander told my father and I that it would cause great destruction and I didn't want to find out how. That's why I hardly ever used it.

I let go of my father and crawled into a ball, next to my pillow. I stopped when I saw that there was a big brown teddy bear sitting on top of one of the pillows. I picked it up and looked over at my father confused. He sighed, "It was a present for the..."

Fresh tears broke out and I clung to the soft fur of the bear as if my life depended on it. No one can ever imagine how much it hurts to lose a child. I wonder if the pain ever goes away.

"Daddy, can I go see Hermione tomorrow?" 

My father seemed reluctant. "I don't think it's what's best at the moment."

"But daddy, I miss her and you’re probably going to go to work tomorrow and I don't want to be home alone," I sighed remembering. "Not again."

After a few seconds, he nodded. "Fine, but I'll drop you off to make sure your safe. Then around nine, I want you home. Understood?"

I nodded happily, "Thank you."

He smiled, "You're welcome, princess." 

***

The next morning, my father took me to the burrow as planned. Mrs. Weasley gave a motherly hug when she saw me. Apparently, the news about my disappearance traveled. I greeted everyone accordingly and I tried my best to seem fine. And to everyone else, I was fine. No one knew about my pregnancy, so my loss of weight to them was because of my capture. Probably thinking I was malnutritioned. But Hermione was smarter than that. She pulled me into an empty room and sat me down on the bed.

"Alice, what's-"

"Oh Hermione!" I wrapped my arms around her and began to cry. She was beyond shocked. I hadn't used her full name since second year. 

"Alice, what's wrong?" she asked sadly as she ran her soft fingers through my straight hair. 

"I was kidnapped by Voldermort and tortured to the point of me wishing my own death." Hermione gasped. I was tired of sugar coating things. I needed to be blunt. Then she looked down at my stomach and I nodded dejectedly, "He killed the baby." Her eyes went wide and we cried together. Hermione knew how much I wanted this child. After a long sobbing session, I told her everything that happened and she listened like the great friend that she was.

"Don't worry Alice, don't blame yourself. It's not your fault you fell in love with Malfoy." She tried to sooth me but it didn't work.

"You don't understand Hermy, it is my fault," I shouted, suddenly angry. "You warned me. My father warned me and Merlin knows how many times Harry tried to tell me. But I didn't listen. Now I'm in this mess and I'm scared. I can feel my sanity, slowly leaving me and trust me when I say that if one more thing happens to me, I'm going to crack! I'm going to lose the last bit of sanity I have left and Hermy, I don't think it's going to end pretty. I need help. I need closure."

Hermione sighed, "What you need is a distraction."

I calmed myself and thought about it. Maybe if I got my mind off of everything, I can get over it quicker. I turned to Hermione and nodded, "I'm in. But what can I do."

Hermione smiled, "Actually, you picked the best time to come here because Bill and Fleur are having their wedding today. I hear the after party's going to be awesome."

I beamed a smile. Finally some fun, I thought. "Okay, but I need to get a dress."

Hermione shrugged like it was nothing important. "Fleur has plenty. She's actually letting all of us borrow some seeing as none of us can afford anything expensive." I nodded and grabbed her outstretched hand before following her out of the room and over to where the girls were changing.

A few hours later we were dressed. All of us looking refreshed and beautiful. My dress was a burgundy red that fell down to my ankles. It had a short slit up to my knee that made fall in love with it. My hair was perfectly curled by Ginny and afterwards we all went outside to the tent, in celebration of the wedding. I saw Harry in the corner by himself, so I decided to approach him. 

"Harry, can I talk to you for a second?" I asked unsure and he nodded.

We walked outside of the tent and I was distracted for a moment by the glistening stars. The clouds were aligning and you could already tell that later on it will rain. But until then, I closed my eyes and let the calming breeze grace my delicate features. I heard Harry clear his throat and I turned to him slightly embarrassed.

"So what did you want to talk about?"

I grabbed his hands and sighed. "I wanted to apologize to you. Harry you were only trying to be a good friend and warn me but I wouldn't listen so for that I am very sorry. You were right the entire time but I was blinded but love," I paused. "But I assure you that I'm paying for it."

Harry's eyes turned sad and he pulled me into a strong embrace. He hugged me and I tried desperately not to break down. "I forgive you, Alice." 

I nodded thankfully and couldn't help when one tear escaped from my big blue eyes. "Thank you." I let him go and we walked back inside. I felt a little bit better. No one hated me for choosing Draco. No one judge me and for that I was extremely happy for. 

The rest of the night commenced uneventfully and I must say that it was very refreshing. Ron's brothers, Fred and George were beyond funny and even though I was a victim of one of their pranks, it was extremely amusing. These guys sure did know how to have fun. At first, I couldn't tell them apart but then George showed me his non-existent ear and I hugged him. George, just like me, suffered at the hands of death eaters.

Around 9 O'clock the party was still in full swing but my father instructed me to be home at that time and I needed to get going. I bid my goodbyes to everyone and gave Hermione the biggest hug of all before apparating back to the safe house. But when I got there, I was surprised to see the porch voided of any guards. I shrugged it off, maybe they were inside with my father. I went up the steps and opened the door using my wand. 

As the door creaked open, a large number of corpses laid motionlessly on the wooden floor. I covered my mouth in shock and scanned the numbers for my father. Luckily, he was not among them. I ran past the bodies and into the living room but I immediately wished I hadn't.

The first thing my eyes landed upon was my father, strapped tightly to a chair, his forehead gushing with blood. I shrieked in horror before running over to him. He's eyes were closed but his chest continued to rise up and down. I sighed, relieved. He wasn't dead. Using my wand, I cut the rope and laid him cautiously down on the floor. I was about to apparate with him to the hospital when an evil laugh erupted within the room.

"My dear Alice," I glanced up in horror. "We've been expecting you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.5M 486K 64
"It's much harder to stay hidden from the Dark Lord when you're in love with a Death Eater." Evelyn Hawkings' parents were well-known Death Eaters, b...
176K 5.1K 27
Emma thought she was just some normal girl with a mother who didn't care about her feelings. She was used to moving around not staying in one place f...
2M 106K 62
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
47.6K 2.3K 31
| Happy Lowman x OC - COMPLETED | Sage Trager was the middle child of the Trager familyᅳ but her personality was definitely not that of a middle chi...