Rabbit's Demon

By PresidentThanos

Mirko is patrolling for the last time that day, people intermittently come up for autographs or to point towa... More

Meeting
Surprise
Entrance Exams and Dinner with Old Friends
First Day
Feelings
Confession
Battle Training
USJ
Sports Festival Pt. 1
Sports Festival Pt. 2
Visiting Parents
Hero Killer
First Day Back
Christmas Special
Final Exams
Training Camp
Attacked
Not Quite A Rescue
Inner Demon
Aftermath
Dorms
Ultimate Moves
Licensing Exam Pt. 1
Licensing Exam Pt. 2
Licensing Exam Pt. 3
Next Step
News and Fight
Ryukyu's Visit
Nighteye
Work Study
Meeting
The Raid Pt. 1
The Raid Pt. 2
The Raid Pt. 3
After The Raid
Family
Backlash
Return
Trusting Fire
Joint Training Exercise Pt. 1
Joint Training Exercise Pt. 2
Joint Training Exercise Pt. 3
Quirks
New Work Study
Endeavor Agency
Todoroki Dinner
Enemies
Slayers

Hero Names and Internships

5.4K 128 37
By PresidentThanos

Aizawa walked into the classroom, fresh pot of scalding hot coffee in hand, still mentally preparing for having to deal with 1-A. The class quieted down as he walked to the podium.

Aizawa: "5 seconds, you're all getting better. Now as many of you probably know, every year after the Sports Festival, heros from across the country put in requests for interns from the hero courses."

He picked up the remote and turned in the projector, presenting names and numbers.

Aizawa: "Those of you who were scouted are up here, but not all of you were. But don't fret, these internships are mandatory, so you will be given a list of 40 hero agencies willing to take random interns."

Izuku was scanning the board, but it turned out that he wasn't scouted, at all. Not even Aizawa's outburst brought any guilt ridden requests.

Izuku: "Hmmm."

Aizawa: "Midoriya, don't look so down. You're not up here because you were actually scouted, granted it was only one person, so we automatically put you with them."

Izuku looked up excitedly.

Izuku: "Rah!"

Aizawa: "It's a surprise. They're picking you up themselves when we leave on Monday. We worked with Bakugo, Asui, and Mirko on this, I'm sure you'll love it."

Aizawa: "Now, moving on. For these internships you'll all need your hero names. As my name suggests, I'm terrible at names, and they can easily stick. So be sure they're good or else-"

Midnight bursted through the door.

Midnight: "You'll have help to pay later! I'll be judging your names and seeing if they're fit for use, if not you'll have to make a new one up and try again. Now come get a white board and be ready to present!"

Aizawa chugged the coffee pot and sat down, sliding into his sleeping bag.

Aizawa: "I'll be here if you need anything Kayama."

She nodded to him and passed out the white boards.

Tsu was the first to go up, using the name Froppy, which was quickly accepted by Midnight. After her, the rest of the class went up one by one. Izuku was the last person to go, he wrote his name idea on his white board, stood up, and walked to the front of the room to present it. He place the board on the podium facing the class.

Izuku: "Ah."

Izuku: -Demon of Light: Deku-

Midnight: "I love it! The title's amazing Midoriya!"

He smiled and sat back down. Midnight then nudged Aizawa awake and left the room. The sleepy man got out of his sleeping bag and stood at the podium.

Aizawa: "Alright, now that that's out of the way, we can get you all your lists. Mic will be here shortly with your lists, though please don't be discouraged by the sizes, you all have room to grow, you will get better."

After a few minutes Present Mic walked in pushing a cart full of binders and stapled packets. He called the students up one by one, Izuku did feel a little left out, but he remembered his was a surprise, and one he'd like apparently.

At lunch he, Bakugo, and Tsu were sitting together. Izuku pulled his phone out.

Izuku: -Who are you guys going with?-

Bakugo: "The Great Explosion Murder God: Dynamite is going to be interning with the Number 4 Hero Best Jeanist."

Tsu: "I'm going with a water based hero named Selkie. -kero-"

B&T: "No, we won't tell you who you're going with Deku/Midoriya."

Izuku crossed his arms, pouted, and looked away from them.

Izuku: "Hmph."

Monday

The class were all in the train station, waiting for the train, but also watching for whoever was picking Izuku up. After a while, an elderly man in a yellow and white hero suit came in and walked over to the class.

EM: "Are Izuku Midoriya and Mina Ashido here?"

The two students walked over to the man.

EM: "My hero name is Gran Torino. I'm Ms. Ashido's internship teacher, and the man who's taking you to yours Midoriya. From what I heard from Mirko, you're the grandson of an old friend of mine."

Izuku: "Mm?"

Torino: "C'mon, I'll show you."

They left the station and got into his car. Once they were in, Torino started driving and passed a small box back to Izuku.

Torino: "This is something she wanted one of her kids to get to remember her, but since you're her only living relative, it's yours."

Izuku opened the box and saw a familiar piece of fabric. He'd seen it in pictures his mom used to have, of her and her mom. He pulled it out of the box, revealing a white cape, connected with yellow beads, underneath it laid a red cloth, held together with a gold colored clasp with a wing-like design. He kept going through the box, finding the rest of his grandmother's hero costume within it.

Torino: "Keep it safe Midoriya, I trust you to do that. Now sit tight, you'll like where we're going."

Izuku: "Ah!"

Ashido saw as tears welled up in his eyes as he smiled.

Ashido: "He's really thankful for it."

Torino: "You're welcome kid."

Izuku stayed quiet throughout the ride, silently shifting through the costume before coming across a picture. One of his grandma, Nana Shimura, a little girl with green hair who was most likely his mother, and an older boy with black hair. He put it back in the small pocket by the chest, just big enough for the picture, she clearly wanted her family to be close to her, but the pocket nearly invisible, meaning it was probably a secret to even Torino.

After an hour Torino stopped the car outside a hero agency, one that had been kept in operation, even after it's hero died. Izuku looked at the name, Paragon Hero Agency. He looked up the hero name, but couldn't find anything on them. Torino got out of the car and Izuku put the hero costume back in the box and followed him.

Torino: "I saw you look Paragon up. You won't find anything, she was never that popular, always staying under the radar, for reasons I'm about to tell you. Everyone involved already knows I'm about to tell you so don't worry, but first, welcome to Nana Shimura's hero agency kid."

As they walked inside Izuku saw that even though the lights were on, the agency hadn't been used in decades, nearly everything but the electrical system was outdated. He walked over to the front desk and saw three letters, one addressed to his mother Inko, one addressed to a man named Kotarou, and finally, one addressed to a grandchild. He picked up and read the one to his mother.

Nana: -Dear Inko. My beautiful baby girl, I know you might hate me for what I did, and I understand if you do, I probably deserve it. I can't tell you why I did what I did, but a friend of mine, a hero by the name Gran Torino, can. I needed to protect you and your brother, I'm sorry I had to give you two up, I just couldn't live with myself if you two were in danger. Just know, I never stopped loving you with all my heart. Love, Mom.-

Izuku was tearing up at the letter. He put it in the box, as well as the Kotarou one, to hopefully give it to his kid if he had one. He the opened the one addressed to a grandchild.

Nana: -Dear My Grandchild. If you're reading this, then my worst nightmares have come true and one or both of my children, your parent, are dead. You may not even know who I am and vice-versa, but I'm sure you've grown into a fine young man/woman. I hope either Inko or Kotarou were good parents while they were alive. I don't know you, but know that I write this with all the love in my heart. Just know that Grandma Nana is proud of you, no matter what you are. With all my love, Granny Nana.-

Torino walked over as Izuku put the letter in his pocket rather than the box.

Torino: "She was a fine woman, and an even better friend. Now, you'll be here, training by yourself and learning from the records kept here how to run an agency. I'll stop in every day to check on you. Now sit down."

Izuku did as he was told as Torino pulled up a chair for himself.

Torino: "It's time you learned about One For All."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 56 26
A mysterious teen woke up in a all too familiar land that he had remembered in the past before the many events which unfolded in his life that lead h...
23.2K 843 43
Weak, vulnerable. That was what described Tomoko Shiretoko as her hero comrades fought near by, they had missed her, and a Nomu was approaching. Inst...
40.1K 1.2K 12
What can happen on a normal day of patrolling? Well, something very unusual. Izuku Midoriya, like every Monday, was patrolling the city with his cla...
31.9K 1K 51
Quirkless AU- Izuku Midoriya, 18 years old and about to attend UA University, the top academy for only the brightest of Japan and the world. But with...