Less Dead | Enid Sinclair

By ism0ke222

Ezra Marshall was still grieving the death of her older brother Elliot... As she gets into Nevermore to live... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
AUTHOR'S NOTE (well wholeass chapter)
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 17
a little message
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20 - ⚠️SMUT⚠️
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25 - ⚠️SMUT⚠️
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30 - FINAL CHAPTER
Epilogue

Chapter 3

2.2K 96 8
By ism0ke222

Ezra's POV:

There's nothing more morbid than talking to the dead. Sometimes, without me even trying to convoke them, they would just come and annoy the living fuck out of me. Like tonight for example. Two ghosts were jumping up and down my bed and not shutting the fuck up. I was trying to sleep for fuck's sake. I turned towards them. They looked carelessly happy, two joyful children. I eyed them up and down and scolded them.

"Leave. I didn't ask for you to come." I mumbled while shoving my head under the pillow to try and drown out their laughter. They laughed even harder. I clenched my jaw and closed my eyes. It kept getting worse, so I immediately sat up straight and glared at them.

"Fuck. Off. I'm trying to sleep, you inconsiderate morons." I hissed under my breath. They looked at me and scoffed while continuing to jump. I felt smoke come out of my ears.

"LEAVE!!!" I screamed. They actually got scared and vanished. I lay back down and closed my eyes.

"Holy moly." I heard Enid say in a raspy voice as if she just woke up, which I then realized she did. I turned my back to her not in the mood for a conversation, especially with her. Nights are so hard; you can't even imagine. I just wish everything was easier.

"Are you okay?" She mumbled, her voice still raspy. I sighed and sat up straight. I ran a hand through my hair and looked at her. Her hair was kind of messy and she was wearing pink pajamas. Kind of cute, not going to lie... Wait, what?!

I cleared my throat. "Yeah, just the ghosts. Sometimes they don't know how to shut up." She nodded her head, her lips pursed and stood up to walk over my bed. I moved until my back hit the wall, trying to avoid physical contact.

"Jeez. What's up with you? I'm not going to bite you." She teased with a smirk.

"If you dare come closer..." I warned but she had already sat on the bed next to me, her back facing me and her head turned towards me. She had her typical cheeky grin plastered on her face.

"What will you do?" She retorted while winking. I was fuming. How dare she challenge me? She was so infuriating.

"Rip you to shreds." I hissed. She laughed out loud before laying down beside me. I swallowed my saliva and tried to keep as much distances as possible.

"I don't think you would actually do that." She stated with a twinkle in her bright blue eyes.

I scoffed. "What makes you think I wouldn't?"

She laughed again. "I have my own answers." She shrugged and looked at me. I could see her smiling from the corner of my eye. I quickly glanced at her. Her smile softened up.

"It must be hard, right?" She asked gently.

"What?" I asked in confusion while looking at her.

She hummed and turned away. "The dead talking to you and not shutting up."

I sighed.

"Yeah, it's... Whatever, I don't want to talk about it." I said while putting my hands behind my head and staring at the ceiling.

She chuckled. "You don't have to. I kind of have an idea. Your family is very powerful. Elliot had-..."

My head whipped in her direction in the quickest way possible.

"Don't. Don't even mention him. Don't say his name." I threatened. I felt my blood boiling. It's an unspoken rule at the Marshall family: "Never bring up Elliot".

Her eyes widened and she scootched away in fear. I realized how harsh I sounded but I couldn't even bother to care. Elliot is such a sensitive topic to bring up.

"I-I'm sorry... I didn't know..." She stuttered, while sitting up straight.

"You don't know shit about us. You don't know shit about what he endured. You don't know shit about the way he was tortured to death. So don't you dare say his name EVER AGAIN." I spat, giving her the coldest stare.

She gulped and stood up. "I'm sorry. I won't."

I turned my back to her, plugged my headphones into my phone and ignored her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Walking through Nevermore's wide and crowded hallways would make anyone feel so small. My head was held up high with an expressionless face maintained. Everyone was eyeing me: the relatively tall masc who barely spoke to anyone except her preppy roommate who didn't how and when to shut up. My thoughts were interrupted by someone bumping into me. Her books fell on the ground.

"Sorry." I mumbled, crouching down to help her out. She looked up, her eyes the darkest shade of brown, worry and fear etched upon her soft face making her look like she could crumble at any time.

"No, it's my fault." She said. I helped her pick up her books. She was significantly shorter than me.

"Have a nice day." I gave her my best impression of a smile and kept walking.

"Wait!" She called. That was weird... That was new. Everyone except for Enid feared me. I even once overheard someone say: "her eyes can suck the life out of you". I turned around.

"My name is Sheila."

I nodded my head. "Cool. Name's Ezra."

She smiled. She had a perfect set of pearly white teeth that contrasted against her tan complexion. She was attractive but there was something stopping me from actually elaborating a conversation with her and I didn't know what it was. While I was staring into her captivating dark orbs, a specific pair of light blue eyes popped into my mind. I shook my head.

"You have really pretty eyes, Ezra." She said with a soft voice.

I chuckled nervously and rubbed the back of my neck with my hand.

"Thanks."

From the corner of my eye, I spotted Enid talking to a guy and smiling brightly. She looked so happy. He suddenly put his arm around her, and I felt something inside me shift, something unpleasant. Like someone shoving a knife in your gut and twisting it repeatedly. As I was about to look away from them, Enid and I's eyes met. A red hue colored her pale cheeks. She pursed her lips and swiftly looked away.

"I'll see you around, I guess?" Fuck, I had completely forgotten about the other girl. I turned to her and smiled awkwardly.

"Sure." I replied.

She smiled. "Have a nice day!" She walked away and I just noticed how long her hair was. It reached just above her ass and was straight and black. She looks good. But why can't I get that stupid giddy blondie off my mind?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today passed by so slowly, I found myself laying on my bed as soon as I reached my room as if I barely slept (which is true, I did barely sleep). I was about to fall asleep when the door opened. I opened my eyes. Enid had arrived. She put her bag on her bed and started humming to a song, pretty loudly mind you.

"Hey." I called.

She looked at me with a confused expression. "Yes?"

"Would you mind shutting your mouth? There is someone trying to sleep over here." I spat. She huffed and stood up.

"Listen Ezra. I don't know what your problem is. I don't know what I did to you for you to hate me so much but enough is enough. We're setting up boundaries. I do whatever I want on my side of the room. You do whatever you want on yours." She sassed back with an angry look on her face. That was new. Enid was capable of looking angry? I sat up straight and gave her an incredulous look before scoffing.

"Are you serious? You're literally humming to a cancerous song out loud while I'm trying to sleep. You're being so fucking inconsiderate."

She scoffed as well and crossed her arms.

"Oh well, zombie. Bite me!"

My jaw dropped and I stood up from my bed to go pounce her with all my power. I walked over to her and that's when she flashed her fangs and claws at me. My eyes widened as my heart dropped.

"Don't mess with me. This kitty's got claws and I'm not afraid to use them."

I couldn't speak. I couldn't move.

She's a werewolf.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AHA! The moment I've been waiting for since I started this book: Ezra finding out Enid's a werewolf.

I hope for you that you're ready for what's coming next.

~M

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

132K 262 91
Erotic shots
47.5K 747 17
DELULU & GUILT PLEASURE
73.3K 1.8K 69
"mom, dad, Im married!" lahat ng relatives namin ay nagulat sa announcment ko. Sino ba naman kasi ang mag aakala na ang unica ija ng pamilyang Letpr...
62.5K 2K 43
"I no longer want you." Emperor Richard de Tristaine fumed as he looked upon the woman he was ready to abandon just a few weeks ago. "You don't mea...