Aftermath

By heartlessbrock

This is the sequel to Chaos. Hope you enjoy! More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
114
115
116
117
118
119
120
121
122
123
124
125
126
Not a chapter

63

4K 83 210
By heartlessbrock

I felt my heart sink as I looked at Colby. My eyes started to water and my jaw quivered.

"He really did it then?" He asked as I nodded. "Come here." He whispered and held his arms out.

I sniffled and stepped into his embrace, letting him hold me tightly.

"I'm so sorry, Jules." Colby said quietly then kissed my head. I couldn't contain my emotions anymore as I sobbed into his chest.

"Shhh...." Colby hushed and held me tightly, letting the plan b packaging fall to the ground.

"I don't want to be pregnant with his baby." I sobbed causing him to clench his jaw.

"It's not gonna happen. If it does, we'll deal with it together." Colby said as I pulled away.

"Why would you help me?" I asked and looked up  at him. "I think I owe you." He said with a sigh and wiped my tears.

"Plus, you know how I feel about you." He said as I nodded. "I know." I whispered.

"Good. I'm gonna shower now. Are you gonna be okay?" He asked as I nodded. "I'll be okay." I mumbled.

"I'll be quick. Think about what you want to eat." He said then turned and disappeared into the bedroom.

I sniffled and went to sit on the couch. I was feeling weird and uncomfortable knowing what happened tonight but also from the feelings I had towards Colby.

Being around him was hard at first. I hated him so much more than anything in the world. He hurt me so much that I didn't think our relationship would even be repaired.

I couldn't describe how badly it hurt when Adam told me that Colby was dead.

It felt like the whole world had stopped.

Knowing I was possibly in a world that Colby wasn't in scared me.

Even after everything that has happened, he would do anything to protect me.

And I would do anything for him.

No matter how hard I tried to fight my feelings for him, I couldn't.

I loved him and there was no denying it.

"Okay, sweetheart. Have you thought about what you want to eat?" Colby asked as he walked into the room, drying his hair with a towel.

"I'm not really all that hungry." I said and pulled my legs to my chest.

"Knowing how you are, it's because of the trauma. Food will be good for you." He said and sat next to me.

"How about your favorite?" He asked and held his phone up, showing me a menu to a chinese place.

"That'd be good." I said with a small smile then took his phone and started ordering.

"So are we gonna talk about what happened tonight?" I asked and handed him his phone back.

"We can if you're up for it." Colby said as I nodded. "I feel like I need to know." I said with a sigh.

"Well, when we got to your mom's house he wasn't there." Colby said as he ordered the food.

"Sam talked to your mom, pretending to be a salesman of some sort and he said he heard your siblings and there wasn't any distress. He hadn't been there." He explained.

"What does he want from me then?" I asked as he shook his head. "I think it's more so what he wants from your family." He said causing me to look up at him.

"What do you mean?" I asked, my heart racing. "We waited there for a while just to make sure that he wouldn't come and do anything." Colby said and took my hand so I wouldn't start picking at my nails.

"He came and went inside. He didn't hurt or kill them but something is happening there." He explained.

"Do you think he's fucking my mom?" I asked causing him to laugh.

"I don't know about that. They're both awful people so that would make sense." He said as I shivered.

I had momentarily forgotten about what had happened tonight since I was preoccupied with the feelings I had been denying so adamantly.

I didn't know what the future held for Colby and I but I didn't want to do this alone.

We worked better when we were together.

We sat in silence for a while. My mind was racing with emotions and feelings I didn't want to admit.

"You okay?" Colby asked as someone knocked on the door. "It's probably the food." He said with a small smile then stood up and walked over to the door.

I watched as he walked, feeling my stomach churning with fear. I was scared to admit the feelings I was having and I was scared of opening myself up to him.

Colby hurt me a lot and he made my life a living hell. He also made it worth living sometimes.

Just like a flame you didn't mind burning yourself on.

"What's wrong? You look like you're gonna throw up." He said with concern as he walked back over with the food in his hand.

"I love you." I blurted out causing his eyes to widen slightly.

"What?" He asked as I stood up. "I shouldn't because of what you did..but I do. I love you, Colby." I said as he nodded and walked over to me with urgency, tossing the food on the table next to us.

When he got to me he pulled me into him by my waist and kissed me with so much passion my knees buckled.

I reacted immediately to the kiss, wrapping my arms around his neck. It felt so good to be sharing a kiss so intense after such a scary night.

A million butterflies erupted in my stomach as he swiped his tongue along my bottom lip. I opened up to him, causing Colby to moan and pull me closer.

My heart felt so content, letting him mold me like clay in his hands.

"Promise me you won't hurt me?" I whispered as we pulled away from eachother.

"I promise." He said then kissed my forehead. I nodded slightly then turned and sat on the couch again.

"So what's the plan?" I asked as he sat next to me, unpacking the food.

"You're gonna stay here for a little while. I don't want you getting into the danger again." He said with a sigh.

"I have to somehow trust the secret society again. For the best gang out there, they really kinda suck." Colby said and handed me my food.

"Will was acting suspicious." I said and took a bite of my chicken.

"How so?" Colby asked and looked over at me. "When you were taken I rushed to your base. He didn't seem too concerned about you being taken." I said with a sigh.

"He didn't really want to help me so I had to make things happen by myself." I said then looked up at him.

"By the way, maybe change the passcode to your office. Your birthday is pretty damn obvious." I said and raised my brows at him.

"You went in my office?" He asked as I nodded. "Wouldn't have if you didn't make your passcode so easy." I retorted causing him to chuckle.

"You're the only one who knows my birthday that would be trying to get in my office. Continue." He said and took a bite of his noodles.

"When I was talking to him his phone rang and he looked nervous. When he answered it he didn't want to talk in front of me, then claimed it was because I didn't like to hear about this type of stuff." I explained.

"Interesting." Colby said quietly. "I'll look into it but I don't want you to worry. No matter what happens I'm gonna make sure you're okay." He said then leaned over and kissed my head.

"I can handle the action." I said as he chuckled. "I know, sweetheart. Sometimes you can't though and I can't risk it." He said with a sigh.

"You'll stay here with one of the guys while I figure something out." Colby said as I shook my head.

"What if they come and grab me?" I asked and looked around.

"I'm in charge of who comes near this apartment. I have access to cameras even when I'm not here. I'll leave a weapon here for you if someone tries something." He said and looked over at me.

"You really trust me with a weapon?" I asked as he chuckled. "I trust you with my life, Jules." He said then leaned over and kissed me.

It felt a little strange taking this step with Colby. We have been through so much together and I didn't know if my heart was ready to go through something like this again.

Sure, I knew how I was feeling. It didn't take away the pain he once inflicted on me.

It felt dangerous to dive into this life again but it also felt so right.

I trusted that Colby wouldn't make the same mistake twice.

It would absolutely kill me if he did though.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

773K 19.4K 113
MATURE DO NOT READ IF YOU ARE SENSITIVE OR TOO YOUNG Sequel to Addicted. I'll fill this part out later bc as usual, I just don't know yet. Hope you e...
38.9K 809 18
Hey guys it's me Zesty and this is the sequel to Colby Brock x Reader [Book 1]! I hope you guys enjoy!
176K 5.3K 111
Final book to the heartless series, if you haven't read the last 3 go do that ❤️
687K 15.5K 97
This is the sequel to Lucky! I don't really know what's gonna happen so enjoy.