Naruto Shippuden (Male Reader...

By YourMother72

It's been almost three years since (Y/N)'s disappearance. No one has been able to find him, and Minerva has a... More

Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter V
Chapter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XIX
Chapter XX
Chapter XXI
Chapter XXII
Chapter XXIII
Chapter XXIV
Chapter XXV
Chapter XXVI
Chapter XXVII
Chapter XXVIII
Chapter XXIX
Chapter XXX
Chapter XXXI
Chapter XXXII
Chapter XXXIII
Chapter XXXIV
Chapter XXXV
Chapter XXXVI
Chapter XXXVII
Chapter XXXVIII
Chapter XXXIX
Chapter XL
Chapter XLI
Chapter XLII
Chapter XLIII
Chapter XLIV
Chapter XLV
Chapter XLVI
Chapter XLVII
Chapter XLVIII
Chapter XLIX
Chapter L
Chapter LI

Chapter XVIII

3.6K 95 50
By YourMother72

Character Information:
(Y/N): Your Name
(L/N): Last Name
(E/C): Eye Color
(F/C): Favorite Color

(Y/N), Naruto, Sakura, Sai, and Yamato were walking down a path. They had just been assigned a new mission which was to deal with some grave robbers.

While walking, Naruto suddenly stopped and squatted, clasping his hands together with his eyes closed.

(Y/N): What the hell is he doing?

Sakura: Hey, hurry up, will ya? We're gonna leave you behind.

Sai stared at Naruto, whose body was shaking.

Sai: <thinking> Is he trembling? Of course! He must be scared. It was that conversation last night.

Flashback

(Y/N), Naruto, Sai, and Sakura were sitting around a fire at night.

Naruto: Come on. What could be taking Captain Yamato so long?

Sakura: I know, right? I wonder where he went off to.

They heard rustling nearby, and they all perked up.

(Y/N): If that's a giant cockroach I hear, I'm sacrificing Naruto to it.

Naruto: What?

Sakura: <nodding her head> Hopefully that would appease it.

Naruto: Hey!

Just then, a silhouette emerged from the forest. It resembled Yamato.

Naruto: Oh, hey! You're finally back!

Yamato pulled out a flashlight and shined it on his face, freaking Naruto out.

Naruto: Yikes!!

Yamato started laughing as he sat down next to them.

Naruto: Captain Yamato, don't scare us like that.

Yamato: Ah, sorry, sorry. I couldn't resist.

Naruto: Believe me, you're scary enough without putting on some kind of spooky act.

Yamato: Well, what can I say? You're an easy target, Naruto.

(Y/N): I'll say. He was scared some kind of giant cockroach would come out and attack us.

Naruto: Hey, wait a minute! That was you!

Sakura giggled before looking at Yamato.

Sakura: Anyway, Captain, back to what we were talking about earlier. Why would anyone want to rob from a grave? It's awful.

Yamato: It is. Often the graves of wealthy people are targeted. Thieves try to steal any valuable objects buried in the tomb. But in these robberies, the bodies and the treasures were undisturbed. It's a very troubling case. Every robbery has happened in the same area, all within five kilometers of the Fire Tenple, where we're all headed now.

Naruto: The Fire Temple?

Yamato: <nodding> They hired us for this mission. Catching thieves is a simple-enough job, but they specifically wanted Leaf Village ninja. So something tells me there's more to it than that. As a matter of fact, I've learned there are four hidden tombs in the area around the temple.

Sai: Do you think there's any chance the grave robbers could've been targeting those hidden tombs?

Yamato: There's a strong possibility.

Sakura: What's up with these hidden tombs? What are they?

Yamato: Even in death, the body of a ninja contains a wealth of information. To some, that knowledge is a goldmine. Remember your fight with Sasori?

(Y/N): He turned the body of the Third Kazekage into one of his puppets.

Yamato: That's right. The more powerful the ninja was, the more useful they can be. In order to protect the tombs from thieves and raiders, barriers are often set up, and they're built in secret locations. That's what we'll be dealing with.

Naruto: So I guess some really amazing ninja must be resting inside those hidden tombs, huh?

Yamato: Indeed. Especially these four. The information they hold is incredibly valuable.

Naruto: That's crazy!

Yamato: On the other hand, something else could be going on here. It's quite possible that the tombs weren't desecrated from the outside.

Naruto: Huh?

Yamato: In other words, those bodies came back from the dead!

Naruto yelped and jumped back.

Yamato: <laughing> Kidding!

(Y/N) chuckled and while Sakura sweatdropped.

Present

Sai: <thinking> Yes. Naruto must have believed Captain Yamato's story.

(Y/N) and Sakura were both glaring at Naruto now.

(Y/N): Naruto! You're holding us up!

Sakura: Honestly. What's his deal?

The white haired male walked over to Naruto and grabbed him by the back of his vest.

Naruto: Gah! Hey, wait!

(Y/N): Let's go.

Naruto: Noooo, my leaf!

(Y/N): Leaf? What the hell?

...

It was now night. The group stopped by a small stone structure.

Yamato: This is the rendezvous point. A group from the Fire Temple will be arriving here to meet us shortly.

Sakura yawned and sat down next to the stone.

Naruto giggled and fake yawned.

Naruto: Oh, man. I'm tired too. Got to take a load off.

He sat down next right next to Sakura, lightly blushing. Their elbows were touching.

Sakura angrily pushed him into a tree.

Sakura: You're invading my space! Go sit over there!

Yamato: Hey! Take it easy. No yelling.

(Y/N) sat down in between both Naruto and Sakura. He stretched his arms and sighed.

(Y/N): Damn. I'm so freaking tired. I've barely slept these last couple of days.

Sakura: Why's that?

(Y/N): Minerva got drunk the night before we started this mission and kept me up all night long with her singing and dancing.

Sakura: Why were you at her house?

(Y/N): She made me what Akio will she went to a bar even though he's your age. Then she came back drunk.

Sakura giggled and scooted closer, blushing a bit.

Naruto rubbed his cheek, shivering from Sakura's outburst. Sai was watching him.

Sai: <thinking> Yeah. He's definitely scared.

The night dragged on. All five of the ninja were sitting next to the stone.

Yamato: The client's late. What, did we stop at the wrong landmark? <sighs> I'm going to go look over there.

He stood up and Sakura did too.

Sakura: Right. I'll go with you.

Naruto: What? Wait, I'm going to.

Sakura: No. You and Sai need to stay put. Otherwise, we might miss the group if they show up.

Naruto: Why can't (Y/N) do that with Sai?

Sakura motioned over to (Y/N) who was asleep.

Naruto: Wake him up, then.

Sakura: No way! One time he fell asleep, and when I tried to wake him up, he nearly strangled me to death with his hair!

Naruto: What? I don't believe that.

He patted (Y/N) on the shoulder.

All of a sudden, his white hair grew longer and wrapped itself around Naruto's throat. He started gasping and writhing.

Sakura: Naruto!

Yamato: What on earth?

The pink haired female made a Chakra Scalpel and cut the hair, which went back to its normal length, freeing Naruto.

Naruto: <panting for air> What...? Why...?

Sakura: I told you so. Now stay here with Sai.

Sai: It's okay. I'll be right here with you, Naruto.

The two stared at him weirdly.

Naruto: Uh-huh...

...

Naruto was sitting in between (Y/N) and Sai, sweating. He glanced at Sai who just smiled at him. (Y/N) was still asleep.

The blond boy sighed. Just then, they heard the fluttering of wings, causing Naruto to yelp.

He looked up and saw a bird flying up in the sky. He groaned.

Naruto: Quit trying to scare me!

Sai reached into his backpack and pulled out a book.

Sai: <reading> When a friend is scared or frightened about something, gently place your hand around their shoulder, let them know they're not alone, and show them some tenderness.

Sai nodded to himself and stood up, walking over to Naruto and sitting down next to him.

Naruto eyed him weirdly but didn't say anything. Then, Sai harshly wrapped his arm around Naruto's neck, and pulled him close.

A tick mark appeared on Naruto's head. He glared at Sai.

Sai: <sweating; thinking> Uh, oh. This may be tougher than I thought.

He slowly turned to look at Naruto, bringing his face closer. Naruto freaked out and punched Sai.

He shot up, glaring at Sai.

Naruto: Gah!! What are you doing?!

Sai: I was, uh, showing you some tenderness?

Naruto: <angrily> Well, just don't okay?! I don't swing that way!

Sai: <standing up> Wait, hold on! That isn't what I meant at all!

He opened up the book and scanned through it.

Sai: Uh, let's see, "If a friend misunderstands you, then—"

Naruto: Us being together is too dangerous. Where's Sakura? I'm gonna go find her. Stay with (Y/N) or whatever.

Sai: <reading> "And then you can..."

He noticed Naruto running off.

Sai: Oh! N-Naruto!

It was too late. He was already gone.

Sai: <thinking> I don't understand. What on earth could I have done wrong?

(Y/N) yawned and stretched.

(Y/N): What the hell was all that screaming about? Hey, wait. Where's everyone?

Sai: Oh. Sakura and Captain Yamato went off to see if something happened to the client.

(Y/N): And where's Naruto?

Sai: He ran off when I tried to make him feel better because he was frightened.

(Y/N): <chuckling> Is that right? What'd you do?

Sai: This book said to place your hand on a scared friend's shoulder and show them tenderness.

(Y/N): Tenderness? That's kind of broad, don't you think?

Sai: Oh, uh...

(Y/N): Here. Pretend I'm scared. What do you do?

Sai gulped, a little nervous now, thinking it might mess it up and make (Y/N) run away.

(Y/N): Come on. I won't run. I think what you're trying to do is adorable, so I want to help.

Sai: Oh... Thank you.

He sat down next to (Y/N) and wrapped his arm around the older male, pulling him close.

(Y/N): Okay, first things first. The book said to put your hand on their shoulder, right?

Sai: Yeah.

(Y/N): Well, you're wrapping your arm around them, which is fine to do if your close friends, I guess, and I think it made Naruto uncomfortable because you're not that close.

Sai: I see.

He let go of (Y/N), and the white haired male placed his hand on Sai's shoulder.

(Y/N): Do it like this.

Sai nodded.

Sai: But how do I show tenderness?

(Y/N): Uh... I guess just reassure them that you're here with them...?

Sai: Thank you very much, (Y/N).

(Y/N): No problem.

He ruffled Sai's hair, confusing the male.

Sai: Why did you mess up my hair?

(Y/N): Sorry, force of habit. I used to do that to Sasuke a lot.

Sai: Is it a sign of affection?

(Y/N): Yeah, I guess. Brotherly affection. I never really thought deeply about it.

Sai: Brotherly...? You think I'm your brother?

(Y/N): Uh... Maybe? I do that to my other friends.

Sai: So you think of your friends as siblings?

(Y/N): At least my guy friends, yeah.

Sai: Am I included in that group?

(Y/N) smiled softly.

(Y/N): Yeah, you are.

Sai's face brightened.

Sai: Really? You consider me a friend?

(Y/N): Sure. I've grown attached to you, Sai.

Sai: Besides my older brother, I've never really had any close relationships before...

(Y/N): You can start with me. I'll be a close friend for you.

Sai: You will?

(Y/N): Yeah! We should hang out when we get back to the village.

Sai: Hang out?

(Y/N): <nodding> Friends do that. We go places with each other and just be in each other's presence.

Sai: So a date?

(Y/N): Eh... I guess a platonic one. I don't really know how to explain this kind of stuff. It just sort of happens really.

Suddenly, they both heard a swooping noise. The two boys stood up, looking around.

Sai: What was that?

(Y/N): I don't know. Stay on your guard.

The two pressed their backs against each other, reaching for their weapons.

The sound of a tree rustling was then heard.

Yamato and Sakura came into view from the path.

Sakura: Sai! Naruto!

(Y/N): Sakura?

Sai: Captain Yamato?

The two walked over to them.

Sakura: Oh, (Y/N), you're awake. Hey, where's Naruto?

Sai: He ran off to find you.

Yamato: He what? <sighs> Great. Let's go find him.

Sakura: We're not leaving someone to wait for the client?

Yamato: If they haven't shown up yet, I don't think they're coming. Something must've happened.

(Y/N): Let's just go find Naruto.

As the four ran off, a pair of sharp red eyes watched them from a tree.

...

They eventually found Naruto shouting and fighting with a gray haired boy.

Before things could get even uglier, Yamato grabbed Naruto, while the other boy was grabbed by someone else.

It was a bald man in a robe.

???: Greetings my brothers from the Leaf Village. I am from the Fire Temple. My name is Chiriku. There must have been some sort of misunderstanding about the rendezvous location, so we missed each other. My deepest apologies.

The gray haired boy glared at Naruto.

???: No way! This idiot is one of the guests? And he's really with the Leaf Village?

Naruto: Which means, this guy is—?

Chiriku: He's a monk-in-training at the Fire Temple, and his name is Sora.

Yamato: Sora? Nice to meet you. My name's Yamato. I'm captain of our team. This guy here is Naruto, and—

Sakura: I'm Sakura.

Sai: Hello, there. My name is Sai.

(Y/N): (Y/N).

Sora turned to Chiriku.

Sora: But Master, I told you. We don't need any help from the Leaf Village.

Two monks came running up to the group.

Monk: Lord Chiriku, Lord Kitane's coffin has indeed been taken. The thieves left no evidence whatsoever. The barrier seal was broken with ease. Whoever did this must be a highly-skilled ninja.

Chiriku: Well, if we're facing a shinobi with great ability, then it was wise to contact the Leaf. The two of you, head back at once and arrange guards for the other three hidden tombs, and tighten security around the Fire Temple to emergency readiness.

Monks: Yes, sir.

Chiriku turned to the Leaf ninja.

Chiriku: For now, let us return to the Fire Temple.

Yamato: Yes. We will at once.

...

As the group walked towards the Fire Temple, Naruto and Sora got into a little argument.

Sakura: <sighs> Oh, god.

(Y/N): Is this some new rivalry or something?

Sakura: I sure hope not.

When they finally arrived at the Fire Temple after walking up a long flight of stairs, Naruto gasped.

Naruto: I've seen this place before...in a dream.

(Y/N): A dream?

Sakura: What are you talking about?

Sai: Perhaps he's going crazy.

Naruto: No, I'm not!

He took a step forward, tripped on a leg and tumbled down the stairs.

Sora: Oops.

Naruto: <angry> You jerk!

He ran back up the stairs while Sora laughed.

Sora: Divine retribution for you.

Naruto: I'll kill you!

(Y/N) grabbed Naruto by the vest and held him back.

(Y/N): What the hell even got you fighting in the first place?

Sora chuckled and threw his hands behind his head.

Chiriku: Sora! What have you done?!

Sora: Okay, okay, my bad.

He walked into the Fire Temple.

Naruto: <growling> I'll kill him... I'm definitely going to kill him.

(Y/N): That's lovely, Naruto. Now get going.

As they walked in, they were meet by a group of monks who reported that groups of them were just sent to guard the remaining three tombs.

Sora: Took you long enough.

He started walking away, while the other monks glared at him.

Chiriku: Sora!

Sakura: He's sure got an attitude problem.

Naruto: That jerk!

(Y/N): Kids these days, I swear.

Further into the Fire Temple, the group was met by an elderly monk.

Chiriku: These are the people from the Hidden Leaf who came here in compliance with our request.

Yamato: Hello. I'm Captain Yamato. And this Sakura, (Y/N), Sai, and Naruto.

Old Monk: From the Leaf? That is indeed reassuring.

Naruto: That's right. Just leave it to us!

Yamato: We are prepared to move out whenever necessary.

Chiriku: Either way, you won't have to until we hear from the Shinobi monks. Until then, please this way.

As Chiriku lead the Leaf ninja through the Fire Temple, Sai looked at (Y/N).

Sai: I wonder what they'll use the stolen bodies for.

(Y/N): Well, maybe they wanted the information the bodies held.

Yamato: Or perhaps their objective might be to use the body itself as Orochimaru did.

(Y/N): That's the Reanimation Jutsu right?

Yamato: <nodding> Well, I doubt you'd come across a group that can use a powerful Jutsu like that every day.

Naruto: No kidding? Then the four ninja resting in those hidden tombs must've been really powerful.

Chiriku stopped walking, causing Naruto to run into him. The others stopped, looking at the monk.

Naruto: Wh-What?

Chiriku: They were remarkable Shinobi. And most of all, they were good people. The tongs of Nauma, Seito, Tou, and Kitane are located to the east, west, south, and north with the Fire Temple as the central point. They were all members of the Twelve Guardian Ninja.

(Y/N): The Twelve Guardian Ninja? I've heard of them before. Aren't they the bodyguards to the Daimyo?

Yamato: Yes. They were an organization comprised of elite Shinobi gathered from within the nation to protect the Fire Daimyo.

Naruto: Huh? But it's Shinobi from our Leaf Village who protect the Land of Fire, right?

Yamato: Yes, the Hidden Leaf Village does protect the Land of Fire. But to be exact, a village is an institution to protect the land. It's not an organization just for protecting an individual Feudal Lord.

Chiriku: First the Daimyo who is the apex of the land must be protected in order to protect that land. The Twelve Guardian Ninja is an organization assembled with such a concept as its foundation. I was also young back then. I joined the Twelve Guardian Ninja, willing to lay down my life for the Land of Fire.

Sakura: Then you were also...!

Chiriku: <smiling> I used to be.

Yamato: Incidentally, Asuma also used to be a member of the Twelve Guardian Ninja.

Naruto: What?!

(Y/N): I didn't know that.

Chiriku: Asuma, huh? Is he doing okay?

Naruto: Yeah! He's good! He gave me some training advice the other day.

Chiriku: <smiling> Oh, I see.

Sai: So that means this incident...to you and Asuma-sensei... It means your friends' graves were violated, right?

Chiriku: Those four people lost their lives at a young age for the sake of the Land of Fire. Within the Twelve Guardian Ninja, a faction attempting to stage a coup emerged, and that ended up dividing the twelve.

Sai: A coup is an attempt to change a land into one's ideal notions even if it means resorting to a forceful approach.

(Y/N): <chuckling> I'm pretty sure we're supposed to know what that is.

Naruto: Even I know that!

Chiriku: People who radicalized the notion of wanting to protect the Land of Fire and who possessed extreme ideologies ended up emerging within the Twelve Guardian Ninja.

Naruto: That's right! In other words...!

(Y/N): They couldn't leave matters of the Land of Fire to the moderate Leaf Village. They wanted to create a land of strengthened military force with themselves at the center...I'm pretty sure.

Naruto: Yeah, or something like that. That's unforgivable!

Sakura: <scolding> Naruto!

Yamato: You seem to be quite knowledgeable in this topic, (Y/N).

(Y/N): Probably because I read one of Minerva's books on the division between the Twelve Guardian Ninja, although it didn't tell anyone's names.

Chiriku: So there's books on it?

(Y/N): I don't know if she wrote it herself or not. She did say that she liked to keep records of stuff, kinda like a historian in a way.

Sakura: I didn't know Minerva was into that kind of thing. I always took her as a, uh...

(Y/N): <chuckling> She flip flops between both ends of the spectrum.

Chiriku: In any case, (Y/N) is correct. Their plan was to break up the Leaf Village and turn that military force into an institution with the Daimyo at the center. It proceeded so far as to influence the Daimyo. And at the same time, they were making preparations to attack other lands.

(Y/N): Okay, I didn't know that at all.

Sakura: What did you say?!

Chiriku: Without making do with peace forged with a delicate balance among the Five Great Nations, they waved the banner of a noble cause in which the Land of Fire would unite the world and total peace would be attained.

Sakura: That's so selfish.

Chiriku: Yes. War is war, no matter how splendid the song and dance may be. As expected, the Daimyo became aware of their radical thinking and...

(Y/N): The two groups within the Twelve Guardian Ninja fought each other.

Chiriku: The six people who staged the coup died. However, Kitane, Nauma, Tou, and Seito...also fell victim.

Sakura: I can't believe something like that happened.

Sai: The four people of the hidden tombs were friends of Chiriku and Asuma-sensei. For example, let's say our friend Sasuke were to die and his body were to be stolen...

Naruto started growling angrily.

Sai: That's right.

Sakura: I can't forgive the people who stole Kitane's body.

Naruto: Yeah, it's unforgivable.

(Y/N): We will do whatever we can to help you.

Chiriku: <smiling> And I thank you for that. It is a terrible feeling when those close to you perish.

...

Outside of the Fire Temple, a group of monks heard a whooshing noise. They looked around, but didn't see anything.

In a nearby tree, two figures crouched on the tree branch.

One was a large male with big bat wings, and the other was an older woman with light brown hair.

The male chuckled.

Male: You used to be a member of the Twelve Guardian Ninja. Does it make you feel anything that your old allies' bodies are being taken?

The woman scoffed.

Female: Of course not. They left me for dead. If I could kill Chiriku, I would.

Male: You are a heartless woman, Yoshikawa.

Female: And you're not? Spare me the commentary, newbie.

Male: Then why are we here? Shouldn't we be looking for the grave robbers?

Yoshikawa: A part of me wants to break in there now and kill him...

Male: Then why don't you? Oh, because you'll be punished, right?

Yoshikawa: You have quite the mouth on you, you damn brat.

Male: I may be younger, but I am much more powerful than you.

Yoshikawa: Don't get cocky now. The Mistress can take that away in an instant. Now, let's go. She wants the maroon haired one.

The two flew into the air. The male trailed behind the older female. His long, light purple hair flowed behind his back.

Male: I want to kill something. I need to test my new strength out more.

Yoshikawa: Focus on the task at hand, Kaneshiro. I'm sure you'll get to kill something soon.

The son of the Daimyo grinned.

(A/N): Sorry this is late. Exams happened so I was busy dying slowly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.8K 152 5
Naruto had been banished by the leaf on the orders of the Hokage for bringing Uchiha Sasuke back and had his toad contract cancelled but before anyth...
909K 33.9K 68
After her clan massacre and the death of her brother, Yuyan Hane travels to Konoha and is saved by Konoha's distinguished Itachi Uchiha who raises he...
566 4 13
It's been 3 years, 3 whole years since anyone from the leaf village has seen the infamous Uzumaki Namikaze Mai, or Tsumetai Hono as most call her the...
30.2K 894 12
!!Chapter 10 was re-wrote!! Once naruto learns the true feelings of this place he calls 'home' he leaves not wanting to protect or to serve the shitt...