Aftermath

By heartlessbrock

This is the sequel to Chaos. Hope you enjoy! More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
114
115
116
117
118
119
120
121
122
123
124
125
126
Not a chapter

58

3.6K 75 104
By heartlessbrock

"What do you mean someone took him?!" I asked and looked around. "I mean that someone took him." Sam said as I clenched my jaw.

"Well no shit, Sam! He's not supposed to be taken! He's too strong for that." I said feeling my heart race.

"This happens. We have to find him before it's too late though." Sam said and looked at the wrecked car we were standing next to.

"Jake and Corey are on the way to get us." He said and went to unscrew the license plate. "How are you so calm?" I asked and chewed my lip nervously.

Something about Colby being taken was shaking me to my core. He was strong and was always trying to protect me.

I hated that I was scared for him.

"There's no use freaking out over something that we can't change." He said then looked up at me.

I had never seen Sam look so confident before. Sure, I knew he was good at his job and I had seen him in action before but he reminded me of Colby right now.

Calm and sure of himself and his decisions.

"He's not gonna give up so easily. Plus, they probably won't kill him immediately." Sam said as a car pulled up.

"Hey, you guys good?" Jake asked as Sam put his hand on my back. "We need to find Colby." Sam said then led me towards the car.

"He got kidnapped? That's Julia's job." Jake said as I rolled my eyes. "Ouch." I said causing him to laugh.

"It's true." He said as we got in the car. "He's in danger and you guys need to take it more seriously." I said and crossed my arms.

"Julia's got a crush." Corey sang. "I don't have a crush. He's just my only way of getting to go home." I said and looked out the window.

"We have to alert the secret society." Sam said and grabbed his phone.

"How do we do that?" Corey asked as I sighed. "Go to their base." I said as Sam shook his head.

"It's off limits." He said as Corey started driving. "Not to me. Drop me off." I said as Sam looked over at me.

"Are you sure you want to get wrapped up into this?" He asked as I nodded. "Positive." I said as he sighed.

"Alright. Corey, you know where it is?" Sam asked as Corey nodded. "I think so." He said as I looked over at Sam.

"What do you think they want from him?" I asked as he shrugged. "Information. They'll want his title in the end though so we need to be careful but fast." He said as I nodded.

I could feel the tension building in my chest knowing that Colby was in danger.

I knew he could handle himself but the idea that someone like him could get caught by these people meant I would be fucked.

We drove for a while before we got to the alleyway that would lead to the secret society base.

"It could be dangerous getting in there." Sam said as I nodded.

"Yeah. I'll be careful." I said as Sam pulled his phone out. "Take this. We'll keep in touch." He said then handed me his phone.

"Okay." I said then closed the door and made my way down the dark alley.

I had to admit I was a little scared to be doing this, but I knew all of the people in this gang knew me.

When I got to the door that led to an elevator I waited, hoping someone would come out.

Usually people were in and out of this place often so the chances of someone coming out was high.

I was only standing there for a couple minutes before the elevator door was opening.

"Shit." The guy said then punched me in the face. "Oh, fuck!" I gasped and held my eye that he just nailed.

"Sorry, Julia! Oh fuck. Colby is going to kill me." The guy I didn't recognize said with regret. "We have a bigger problem." I said and checked my hand to see blood on it.

"What's going on?" He asked with a serious tone. "We should go down and talk to Will or Jeremy." I said and looked around.

"Okay...yeah." He said then gestured for me to get in the elevator.

It was funny how quickly these guys trusted me but I guess Colby scared them into it.

"Sorry about your eye." The guy said as I nodded. "It's fine." I said then wiped the blood on my pants.

When the doors opened, we walked down the long corridor until we got to a random door.

"Will?" The guy I was with asked as he knocked on the door. "What?" Will asked on the other side of the door.

"So uh..there's a situation." The guy said as he opened the door.

"What kind- Julia?" Will asked as I nodded. "Someone took Colby." I said as his eyes widened slightly.

"Come in and sit down." He said then looked at the guy I was with. "Get her some ice for her eye. Did they attack you?" He asked as I came in and sat down.

"No." I said simply as the other guy left. "Tell me what happened." Will said and folded his hands in front of him.

"We were in hiding for a while at one of his secret locations with some of the members of his old gang. After a while we decided to come back here and they hit us with their car." I explained and picked at my nails.

"I went unconscious from the crash and woke up to him being gone. We need to get him back before they kill him." I said and looked up at him.

"I always knew this day would come." He said with a sigh then looked at him computer.

"Unfortunately a lot of people are after him. It comes with the job title. Narrowing it down to who took him is the hardest part." He said and focused on the computer screen.

"It had to be Adam right? Like that makes the most sense." I said as the guy from before came in with an ice pack.

"Sorry again." He said as I took it. "No biggie." I mumbled and put the ice pack to my eye. "He hit you?" Will asked and looked up at me.

"It was in self defense. It's fine." I said as he looked at the guy who hit me. "We'll talk about this later." He said as the other guy nodded and turned to leave the room.

"It could be Adam but it could be someone else. Who knows." Will said nonchalantly as I clenched my jaw.

"Can you take this seriously?!" I snapped causing him to look at me. "I am taking this seriously. I just don't know where to start." He said calmly.

"You guys should have been more proactive. He should have had a tracker put into his skin or something." I said as he chuckled.

"That's just not how this game works, Julia. I thought your father would have taught you that." He said then put his glasses on.

"Don't talk about him." I said and took out Sam's phone so I could text the others what was going on.

"He'd be proud of you." He said as I shook my literally. "Will. Enough." I snapped and looked up at him.

"Sorry." He said as I shook my head. "Just shut the fuck up and find Colby." I said and looked at my phone again.

I hated that Will was taking this moment alone with me to talk about my father. He should have been more concerned about what was going on with Colby.

"I know there's probably a rule about other gangs being in each others bases but we need Sam, Corey, and Jake." I said as he shook his head.

"No can do. Base is locked down for members only." Will said as I narrowed my eyes.

"I'm not a member." I said as he chuckled. "No, but Colby considers you one." He said then looked at the computer.

"Okay. Since they can't be in here, I'm gonna be keeping them in the loop." I said as he nodded.

"Whatever you need to do, Juliana." He said as his phone rang.

I watched as his eyes widened slightly, before he answered it.

"Hello....no I can't talk right now. No. Bye." He said then hung up quickly.

"What are you hiding?" I asked as he shook his head. "Nothing. I just don't want to talk about business with you in here. I know you don't like it much." He said as I nodded.

"Okay, so I'm going to send some men out to watch to see if whoever took him slips up. They couldn't have gone far. If you want the others to join in, have them search." Will said as someone knocked on the door.

"What?" Will asked and looked at the door. "Will..oh..hey Jules." Jeremy said as I waved. "Hey." I said as he sighed.

"What is it, Jeremy?" Will asked as Jeremy pursed his lips, shifting uncomfortably.

"I think you're gonna wanna see this."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.2K 90 3
First installment of Colby Brock One-Shots! Requests are open. Disclaimer - This story was produced by Colby Brock living rent-free inside of my mind.
24.1K 468 143
Little Stories about the reader and Colby. If you have requests comment them in the comments on the stories.
768K 19.4K 113
MATURE DO NOT READ IF YOU ARE SENSITIVE OR TOO YOUNG Sequel to Addicted. I'll fill this part out later bc as usual, I just don't know yet. Hope you e...
304K 8.6K 170
Fourth book of the Lucky series.