Taming Chaos // J.M // The 100

By ItBeTimothy

Ethan Beckett craves fun and chaos over the nuisance of rules and demands. But when disagreements begin on th... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 2.2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 24.2
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
59. extra
59. extra
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111

Chapter 102

1.3K 96 69
By ItBeTimothy

Ethan doesn't like the Rover, it's clear.

After an especially hard turn, he attaches himself to the handlebar and doesn't let go. Harley side-eyes him with a hint of a snort.

He can't blame him. Before the last few days, the kid had only ever seen a Rover from afar.

On foot, Ethan trusts himself more. He's glad when they hit the halfway point and leave the Rover behind, sending the vehicle a flick of a rude finger just as they turn into the depths of the forest.

He keeps surprising himself every time he glances over his shoulder to see Harley following in his footsteps. It's weird to have someone there, but he's comforted to know he's not alone.

Two days after leaving the Ark, they push through the tree line and overlook the city they call Polis.

It's one hell of a sight.

Ethan can't recall many of the cities they learned about on the Ark, or what Polis used to be before ALIE decided to nuke it, but its primary feature is the continuously reaching tower in the center, still standing and high enough to reach for the clouds.

It leaves him slack-jawed for a moment too long.

Harley shakes him back into focus, but Ethan knows he wasn't the only one in awe.

He swings his bag to the ground and rummages through it, taking items out and putting other things in.

There's a flaw to his plan.

When he traded gear with Niylah, he wasn't exactly planning on having Harley accompany him.

He adapts, though. Keeps his vest and his bone mask, but tosses the hooded cloak over Harley's head, and blissfully ignores his disapproving stare.

Wisely, the older man keeps his rifle tucked at his back, hidden by the cloak, and he doesn't ask many questions. Pretty rare in Ethan's books.

He doesn't understand how Harley is the only soldier that tries in amongst the many they have at Arkadia.

When Lexa accepted their attempt at a peace treaty, Harley treated them as his own almost immediately.

Some of the guards were only waiting to shoot on sight.

Ethan wonders what Harley's been through to make him so. . . Harley.

Getting inside Polis isn't hard, not with Seria's guided tips and tricks drilled into his head.

At least, at first.

He wasn't wrong about ALIE coming to Polis. It's a fucking slaughterhouse, and they make sure to steer clear of the congregations of meditating grounders after breaching the city.

The most difficult part is making sure ALIE doesn't notice they're not chipped. This means staying out of line of sight, no matter who it is or how harmless they look, because ALIE sees everything.

"Seria says it's past the markets and through an alley on the left. There should be a door in hiding." He whispers to a looming Harley, the both of them peeking around corners like a two-headed dog.

The only advantage to ALIE's chipping crisis is that most of the villagers are in the main square, lining up to follow the orders of their commander.

This means the markets are clear, save for a few stragglers, and they have their opening.

They stick to the walls, and this time Harley takes up the front. He knows if they're headed for the most secure building, he needs to be prepared for a fight.

Ethan unsheathes his spear and secures two sweaty hands around the middle.

"That's our best bet." Harley jerks his chin in gesture towards the sunken doorway, encased in shadows. He flips a throwing knife in his hand and holds it like it's a third limb, no ounce of unfamiliarity.

"No guards?"

"Could be inside."

Ethan remains a safe distance behind Harley, checking down both ends of the alleyway.

Harley twists the knob. It isn't locked.

His forehead creases, cautious, and he gestures for Ethan to stay back. The door creaks very slightly when it opens, and Harley brings his dagger up to his chest at the ready.

Monotone voices travel from downstairs.

"- to take the key?"

"We're in the right place," Ethan whispers, taking near-silent steps down into the lit hallway. "The key is their fucking mantra." Harley nods, gesturing for him to stay flush with the wall.

"Check their chains."

Ethan moves a bit faster, steady beside Harley's shoulder until they're at a standstill. He can feel his heart racing, beating a mile an hour.

It stinks of blood and sewer water, the puddles under his boots not exactly pleasant. Their only light source is the torches along the walls, but the shadows aid in their sneaking.

Harley sticks his head past the gated door. Ethan studies his reaction, unblinking and waiting for a signal, impatient if the fidget of his hands on the spear is anything to go by.

Finally, he nods, readying his aim with his fingers on the blade. Ethan beams.

Chains rattle. ALIE allows her warriors to turn their backs.

And Harley makes the gesture.

One blade nails the furthest guard in the back of the head, and when the second, closest, turns their way, Ethan sends the edge of his spear into the man's knee.

When he hits the ground screaming, Ethan spins the spear around and whacks him up the head. His stomach twists and his stance drops, blown eyes flicking from face to face.

He drops the spear, forgets about it entirely.

Murphy stands up, chains clinking together, and he stares, the dangerous narrow of his eyes locked onto the newcomer like a dart to a bullseye.

Air gets caught in the back of Ethan's throat, and he thinks, oh. Frantically, the bone mask is torn from around his jaw and dropped beside near his spear.

He huffs a breathless laugh, trying to find words. What he really wants is to run up and give Murphy a big smooch on the lips.

Nonetheless, they have an audience.

"You can't be in lock-up. We had plans, remember?"

Like a supernova explosion, Murphy's pupils expand. His lips part but no words escape.

They meet each other halfway.

He grabs Murphy so tight they're nearly one person, a hand weaved through his hair and the other around his shoulders, fingers twisting in the back of his shirt.

Arms crowd around Ethan's middle, so tight his lungs struggle to expand, energy to the hug that feels like a fire sparking back to life.

Hugging him isn't enough, he wants to press everything that he is into him.

Ethan tucks his head into the crook of Murphy's neck. He doesn't want to move. He doesn't want to leave. He just wants this.

When Ethan pulls back to check him over, he's taken captive by Murphy's toothy smile. His smile, that impossibly addicting, all encompassing smile. All Ethan wants to do now is grab his face in his hands and kiss him until they run out of air.

But his eyes drift away and land firmly on a figure being unchained a few feet behind Murphy.

The muscle that ticks in Ethan's jaw is the only giveaway before he snatches Harley's dagger and aims for an ending throw.

"Ethan-!" Murphy grabs his wrist and tugs it down, a confused frown taking over his features. "What-?"

"You wanna know who kidnapped me? Ask this fucking asshole," He points the knife at Pike, "I swear to god I'm gonna fucking kill you."

Pike frowns, eyes narrowing.

"You don't even know, do you?" Ethan hisses, feeling Murphy's gaze slide toward Pike as well. "That little side mission you had goin' on? Kidnapping grounders?" He bares his teeth, "You people took me by mistake."

"The grounder that claimed he knew Kane." Pike breathes out, his eyes widening.

"Except I wasn't a fucking grounder and you killed the others, you sick bastard!"

Murphy tightens his fingers around Ethan's arm, but his voice is venom when he sends his words Indra's way, "I changed my mind, you can kill him."

Indra.

Like the red has left his vision, Ethan forces himself to breathe. He's comfortable in Murphy's hold when it slips down to settle at his wrist, and takes a step back to be closer. Their woven bracelets fit together in a sea of browns and greens.

Murphy's eyes shift to find Indra, and Ethan follows.

On their right, Indra nods at him, "Reassurance."

"It's Ethan, Indra." When she extends her arm, he takes it, fingers curled around her wrist in a show of gratitude and respect. "Good to find you alive. Seria was worried."

Who's Seria? Since when were Indra and Ethan this close? What happened to Ethan during their time apart? Murphy doesn't have the brain power right now to connect all the dots. His eyes land on Harley, instead, with a lift of the brows.

Slinking through the grounders being freed, his hood now at his shoulders, the corner of Harley's lips quirk up in the barest of smiles.

"Haven't seen you since you gave us a gun, disobeyed Kane, and let us on our little adventure."

"Starting to think maybe I should've done it sooner." Harley pointedly eyes Murphy's hand, still latched onto Ethan's wrist. "Took you guys long enough."

"Fuck off."

0o0

I know I said this chapter would be out a day or two ago but I fell in a sudden slump, and every time I tried to edit it, I'd think it was terrible.

For some reason it just seems rushed to me, but maybe it's just because the plot needs to happen, and it doesn't give them much time?? I dunno. I will accept feedback!

But I hope you guys enjoy it! I'm so glad the boys are finally back together. 😭

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.8K 1.4K 68
- imagines + preferences for 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐝. [ requests available for prompts, check "prompts" ] lowercase intended includes blood/injury men...
32.8K 482 60
the100 preferences, imagines, one-shots, headcanons, etc! ‏‏‎ ‎ COMPLETED‏‏‎ ‎ AFAB READER (unless specified otherwise)‏‏‎ ‎ NSFW TOPICS‏‏‎ ‎ LOWERCA...
10.4K 246 21
"Just because you act tough doesn't mean you've lost life. Everyone loses, everybody everyday. I know, deep down you want to be loved and you will be...
307K 8.6K 48
"You and me, Blake, we're the same. So don't talk down to me like I can't kick your ass. I may be small, but determination goes a long way. " Alyss...