The Way I Hate You (Relaunche...

By Zara_798

There is not much difference between love and hate; they both have the same effect on you at the end of the d... More

Dedication
Playlist
1) Summer In Paris
2) The Luncheon
3) Summertime Sadness
4) Sweet Lies
5) Cinnamon Girl
6) Dark Paradise
7) Cruel Summer
9) Somewhere Only We Know
10) Cardigan
11) Dream A Little Dream Of Me
12) Can't Take My Eyes Off You
13) Deja Vu
14) Pretty Woman
15) Your Girl
16) Mr. Perfectly Fine
17) Yes To Heaven
18) Cry
19) Money Money Money
20) Old Money
21) Young & Beautiful
Aesthetics - Zach

8) Our Little Secret

95 2 0
By Zara_798

For all the girls who escape reality in between pages

Day 5

"You made me run ..... five---blocks after you" I was completely out of breath by the time the words could come out of my mouth.

He stopped for a bit, looked back at me with his blue eyes looking up and down at me, "Good. You could really do with some exercise. Maybe thank me later."

He went on again and damn he walks fast. I am running behind him in my fucking heels. Did I have to wear heels?

Goddammit.

"Zachhh"

"Zachhhhhhh"

I was frustrated. I wanted to scream. He did not even not even look back.

God he loves to annoy me.

" Benedict"

To that he turns back to. Huh. Men

He looked so angry but he turned back.

And oh how he hates that name. His middle name.

Benedict.

He was named Benedict after his great great grandfather, quite the fancy rich old name he got. 

He feels it makes him feel like rich old snub. I mean he isn't wrong, it does sound like that.

But he is already a rich snub. It will grow on to him as he grows old.

"Charlotte, LEAVE! Right now." he said rolling his eyes.

Charlotte! Oh the memories all come right back. We never called each other our first names in our childhood. It was always our middle names - Benedict and Charlotte. We loved annoying each other as we both equally hated our middle names.

No one else ever calls me Charlotte, I find Serena much more modern while Charlotte gives feels of old renaissance. I guess this what we get for coming from old money. Alongside the wealth, we also inherit their old names and the uncountable rules and standards to love by.

.

.

" You seem mad" I said staring into his cold dark eyes

"Well, I was already pissed at you and then you ---you called me Benedict" He said walking away

" Wait - what"

"We had deal, Serena. I know we hate each other but we had a deal. I am a man of my word. I waited for you yesterday, you didn't come. Instead you were out partying or so I heard." He said in a smoky voice with the coldest look in his icy cold eyes.

"A deal- " 

"Wow, that's rich even coming from you" He scowled

"I came here because I don't remember that night."

A smile crept on his face. I literally saw all the anger washing off out of his face when he realized he had the upper hand now because he remembers and I don't.

He was satisfied.

He started walking away smiling.

"Aren't you going to say anything"

"Not right now. I rather have this busy day ahead." He said turning into a small lane.

Wow, this is a small and narrow lane. I didn't even know Paris had such places. I followed him.

" I will pay you. Just tell me, for the love of god." I was desperate. 

" You know I am loaded too right or did you just forget that part." He said in a very pleasing yet sarcastic tone. I guess speaking in this manner is a skill one acquires growing up in high society.

" Benedict tell me" I spoke with my coldest tone and a fake smile.

" You know what - I will you but it shall be on my terms" He smirked

"Terms? " 

"Yes Charlotte, my terms. Firstly, stop calling me Benedict and secondly you shall buy me something."

"I -"

"You are loaded, aren't you." He said in the most sarcastic tone.

He said walking down some stairs. It was dark. There was little light down here.

.

.

.

I was speechless as we pushed the rustic doors and walked in. 

I was surprised at the place I saw

I was surprised at the fact that Zach knows such a place

I was surprised at the fact that Zach would come to such a place

I was surprised at the fact that Zach would bring me along to this place

I did not take Zach to be this guy. I was surprised.

But only pleasantly.

"Ok..this is.."

"Sush! We don't talk here, its an old library now turned into a bookstore.But the decorum is still to maintain Ms. Charlotte." He said in hushed tone while covering my mouth with his hands.

"So you read" I asked whispering

"Not much"

With saying that he disappeared amongst the many books that were around. I do love reading, I could really go a few hours here with or without Zach answering my questions.

.

.

The old library, nevertheless, is as vivid and statuesque as ever, with convenient lounge and places to read in peace and solitude replacing the spaces once occupied by physical books. It exhibits a modernist feel without missing its authenticity. There's something so serene about being surrounded by books. It was well-illuminated, with victorian and Renaissance architectural touches.

The antique smell of old book pages, untouched novels on the shelves, and the smell of dust emanating from these books. It felt like I was in a whole other world. I was surprised to see Zach, or should I say Benedict, come here.This was a side of him I had never seen before. He appears to be a regular here, as he vanished into thin air as if he knew his way around this place, as if he had been here a thousand times. 

Perhaps coming here was therapy for him.

I always looked forward to moments of silence with him because it was the only time we didn't argue. This was my favorite silent moment with him. I could bear him for a lifetime amongst these books.I was trawling the many books on the shelves, unsure of where to begin. This was like utopia, but I couldn't decide which one to read first. I wanted a little of  everything.

.

.

I finally chose a few books to look through.

As I was opening up the first page. I felt something warm against me neck as I turned I saw him. He was scanning the books I took. 

He looks at the first book -

" The butcher kills the lady. Page 486. Very predictable" He whispers.

He keeps that book back. He looks at my second book -

" They both die in the end. Classic Romeo Juliet types."

He kept that aside too.

Now I was furious and curious, if it was ever possible to feel two such striking emotions at once.

"You have read all these " I ask with shock in my eyes.

" About a 40 times at least" He spoke as if it was something of a normal nature

"You said you don't read much" 

By this time he was so close to me, I could feel him breathing against me.

"Meh.. What is much really. Let's leave, you are paying for these." He said pointing at a pile of books, must be a dozen.

I was still shocked by all this. I did pay because I did agree on this.

Everytime I meet him, he leaves me shocked.

Shocked at him

Shocked at myself

It is like living in an entire different reality when I am with him.

The thing I was afraid of most, was being close to him because it brought out something in both of us, a side we never showed the world.

As we walked out, 

He looked at me, " Charlotte now I will tell you of that night. But remember - Ce sera notre petit secret"

" I got the secret part" I said a tad bit excited.

" It will be our little secret" He whispered like if anyone else heard it, it would be somewhat of a crime.

The times I spent with him,

it was mischievous, 

secretive 

but fun 

like our little secret

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 135 38
Opposites attract, they say. Although no one knows how when they collide, they might just end up combusting in a thousand flames. [full summary insi...
9.3K 1.5K 31
Book 1 of The Flaw Series. You can't scream at the world and expect the world not to scream back. Via is the type of girl who loves to live in it w...
2.2M 41.2K 25
How far would you go to protect the ones you love? A successful architect with a promising career in London, Brian's world spins out of control when...
2.3K 193 35
"It's not just a love story. It's our love story." What happens when you meet a guy over net? What happens if you fall for him? Most importantly, wha...