On and Off the Rink

Par cam-payne

Ciara Payne was captain of her ice hockey team, that was until the guys showed up. Because of schools budget... Plus

Chapter One: Milkshakes
Chapter Two: Movie Night
Chapter Three: Emergancy Meeting
Chapter Four: Tryouts
Chapter Five: Invitation
Chapter Six: Party at Parkers
Chapter Seven: Ice Breaker
Chapter Eight: Monday Practice
Chapter Ten: Revenge Part Two
Chapter Eleven: A Lesson on Manners
Chapter Twelve: Team Bonding
Chapter Thirteen: Surf Competition
Chapter Fourteen: The Morning After
Chapter Fifteen: Cheerleaders Watch Hockey?

Choater Nine: Revenge

51 3 3
Par cam-payne

The week passed by faster than I could blink. During every afternoon practice coach never brought up the Monday scrimmage. The guys team basically just gave us a cold shoulder the whole week too. Practice was hard because they would participate with us as little as possible. The team was obviously split and we were in no shape to play a game against another team like this.

Before I knew it though, I was in the locker room Friday after practice, wondering what my weekend would hold. I started to contemplate about the past few days and all the drama that had come with them. I looked around at my team and every single person seemed extremely exhausted. I racked my brain for ideas on how to boost my team's morale. "Anyone up for a girls night?" I grabbed my bag and slung it over my shoulder while waiting for a response to my question proud about the idea I had come up with, hoping the team would love it too. "Everyone can come spend the night at my house to celebrate the win over the guys on Monday!"

A chorus of yeses rang through out the locker room, excited for a well deserved sleepover with the girls. "Ok everyone, my house tonight, nine o'clock! Don't be late!" I then looked down at my watch, realizing I only had three hours to get the house in order to be there and ready before everyone was there. I looked over at Cam, and she nodded. It was tradition for us to always set up the girls night together. She always handled the food while I did the cleaning. "Are you ready to go? We have a lot to do!" I had walked over to Cam, ready to get started, but her bag was only half packed.

"I'm almost ready I swear!" She shoved her hockey pads and skates all into her bag, then jogged to catch up to me since I was already at the door. "Are you excited for tonight's par..." Cameron was interrupted by two guys I really didn't want to see at the moment.

"Are you all throwing a party tonight? Are we invited?" Parker and Lucas started walking on either side of Cam and I, but Parker spoke, sarcasm heavy in his voice. They were still mad about the win on Monday. Jealous freaks.

"No I'm sorry, but we don't invite losers. Especially ones that loose to two girls!"

This really hit a nerve because both boys flinched. They knew they should have won because the odds were extremely, against us with a lack of subs. All it took was one small mistake on their part though to win us the whole game and they knew it. "We let you win. We didn't need you complaining or cursing out another adult about how unfair your life is."

I can't believe Parker just went there. He had just used the reason the game happened against us! Cam and I had made it to my truck so we hopped in and completely ignored both boys. We quickly drove home in silence, unsure of what really happened back there. I still couldn't tell you why Cam still used her lame comebacks, but with all the attitude she put into them they could be pretty insulting. We walked right through the back door and started our jobs.

I cleaned up the whole basement and kitchen, while Cam took care of the food and movies. She defiantly had the easier job, but there was no way I was ever going to get her to help me clean. I tried once a couple of years ago and let me just say, long story short she broke my vacuum cleaner. I never let her clean again and she is complete happy about it.

Ten before nine we had layed out three bowls of chips, five bottles of soda, and ten different movies, along with fruits and beef jerky.

The door bell rang and I opened the door to find ten girls dressed in sweats and pajamas with pillows and blankets in front of me. "Come on in guys!" I let them in and they all knew exactly where to go. My basement might not have been as modern as Parker's, but it was just right for our smaller team. It had multiple places to sit around the main TV. It also had speakers to play music and a large open space to lay out all of our sleeping bags.

In the back closet of the basement held tons of different nail polishes, magazines, and of course hockey pucks and old sticks to play has ant hockey on the carpet. We might be girls, but we can get pretty rough when playing so we usually do nails afterwards so we don't ruin the paint.

I followed the team down stairs, and they had already started laying out their sleeping bags. Cam and I had already claimed the best two spots next to one another, so I didn't care what happened. "Pizza is on its way guys!" Cam came down the steps from ordering from our favorite restaurant, Fazios.

"Let's play a little game of truth or dare!" Sadie sat down on her sleeping bag, excited about her brilliant idea. Everyone followed suit, ready for one of our favorite games. We've learned so much about one another, you wouldn't believe we had anything left to tell one another. The only thing was, that we always found some hidden dirt on someone every time we played, so we kept it up.

"I'll go first! Cam, truth or dare?" Sadie always suggested the game, and always started with the first question, it was almost tradition.

"Truth, I don't feel like getting up."

"Ok... Who kisses better, Lucas or Parker?" Cams face reddened, because we all knew who she kissed at the party on Saturday since both went a little longer than the light did. We all started laughing at her reaction to the question, because Cam is usually way more open about these kinds of things.

"I would say its a tie, but I know that's not acceptable in this game, so Lucas."

"Really?" Sadie gasped, and so did a few others. Everyone thought for sure she would say Parker, including me. "Details?" With our team you couldn't answer a truth without going into a full explanation.

"Well Parker was a little rough and a but rushed. I don't know if it was just the game though. Lucas was a perfect kiss, genial, sweet, and just overall amazing." Yet again her cheeks burned bright red.

"Ok, Cam your turn now!"

"Ok, Ciara truth or dare?"

"Dare, since you were so lazy during your turn." I smiled at Cam and she smiled right back, proud of her laziness.

"Oh, you shouldn't have done that Payne! You don't know what I'm capable of!" As soon as she said this the door bell rang, it must have been the pizza. "Perfect timing! Ciara I dare you to go and kiss the pizza guy!" I knew I had it coming, and Cam never went easy when it came to truth or dare.

"Fine, but your paying!"

"You know where my wallet is!" I walked up the stairs with the whole team slowly following behind. They all wanted to see the kiss, but they didn't want to be seen. I grabbed the wallet off the kitchen counter and opened the door. Without looking at the guy, I kissed him right on the lips, then handed him a twenty dollar bill. When I looked up at the guys face and away from the pizza boxes he was handing me, that's when I realized my mistake. I could here the girls behind me in a full fit of laughter. I had just kissed Parker Rice, my worst enemy at the moment.

"Wow." That was all he could say? "Ummm, here's your pizza, fifteen dollars." I gave him the twenty, grabbed the boxes, and slammed the door in his face. I could feel my face heating up like a tomato. Now I know why Cam commented on how hot the delivery guy was last time we had pizza cause it was Parker.

Did I just call him hot? Get a hold of yourself Ciara!

"I can't believe you all made me do that!" Everyone was now on the floor laughing their asses off. I set the pizza down on the counter before joining in with them. Thirty minutes later we all had our pizza and were down stairs for the movie. We dimmed the lights and all sat down to watch She's the Man. It was one of our teams favorite movies. After we had gotten past the ending where they kissed and made the perfect appearance down the runway, the team all slipped into their sleeping bags for some late night gossip.

"So who do you all would think make cute couples?"

"I think Sadie and Rick, the guy in our Bio class would be cute!"

"Wait the guy who looks like Johnny Depp in the movie Chocolate?"

"Yah that's the one!"

"I think your right!"

"Wait did you all hear something." I shushed my team mates, positive I heard something crack.

"Ciara I think it was just your imagination." As soon as Cam finished her sentence the light shut off, leaving it pitch black.

Screams filled my ears, and a sticky string landed on me. Before I knew what was going on I was covered in the sticky stuff. The lights flickered back on and I realized it had been silly string. I looked around and all the girls were covered in it. Green, pink, and blue string covered every inch of the basement floor. I tried to pull it out of my hair but it just made a bigger mess. Standing in the doorway of the porch we had left open were ten of the guys on our ice hockey team holding silly sting cans. Smiles covered each one of their faces, obviously they couldn't hold in their laughter.

"Smile ladies!" Parker held up his phone and took a few photos of the team on the floor covered in their silly string. The flashes blinded me, forcing me to probably look even stupider in the photos. Before I knew it the flash stopped and most of the boys in the doorway disappeared except for Parker. Before he ran away too he winked right at me and said "Revenge is so sweet."
➰➰➰➰➰
Author's Note:
I'm not sure how clever this revenge is, but keep reading, because the girls plan to get them back just a little harder! If anyone has any ideas for the book I'm all ears! Please vote comment and keep reading!

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

142K 2.2K 72
When a new girl joins the Penguins medical team she's not what anyone would have expected, especially not superstar Sidney Crosby. Also posted on AO3...
137K 2.3K 38
He needs a girlfriend. She wants a boyfriend. The perfect match, right? He's a hockey boy. She hates hockey boys. Yet, they make the deal, to achieve...
10.3K 12 62
Lauren is the girl who despises school and majority of the people there! Cole is the head Captain for the hockey team! What happens when they cross p...
405K 6.8K 31
"Your really are the biggest pain in my ass." "I'm glad you've given me such an amazing roll being down that end. Wouldn't want to be a pain in your...