My New Home

By TVreviewer

After suffering abuse from her dad and having to bounce from foster home to foster home, Carrie Hudson has be... More

1: Meeting The Anderson Boys
2: Family Dinner
3: Fist Night
4: Morning!
5: Adler Highschool
6: Practice
7: Workout
8: Little League (short)
9: Girl's Day Out!
10: True Intentions
11: Liam And Charlotte?
12: Brandy's Check In
13: Mrs. Anderson
14: Rainy Days (Short)
15: Comfort
16: Brent's Cookies
17: House Party
18: I'm Fine
19: Standing My Ground
20: Talking About It
21: Hard Times (short)
22: Losing And Winning In A Thin Line (short)
23: Friday Night Game
24: Get Ready With Me (short)
25: First Date
26: Fishing With Eric
27. Welcome Back
10k Special: Fun Facts And Secret Info
28. Rendezvous Minus The Sexy Parts
29. Father Figures
30. Dads Of Different Kinds
31. Daddy Dearest
32. Love Hurts
33. Mall Brats
34. Meals and Melodrama
35. Car Forplay
36. Brother Battle
37. Dudes Liking Dudes (short)
38. "NORMAL"
39. Nana
40. Totally Not A Filler Chapter
41. Partners....With Him?!
43. "I do not judge you"
44. Shot Through The Gut And Your To Blame
45. The Reeds
46. Brothers Love
47. Breakfast & Besties
48. Benji, My Brother.
49. Father vs. Dad
Extra Notes: HAPPY HOLIDAYS
50. OWEN I
51. Quiet Drive
52. Hotel Hopping
53. Razor Sharp Tension
54. Owen II (Part One)
55. OWEN II (Part Two)
56. Just Like Your Mother...
57. ERIC I
58. The Time Between
59. Numb I (3rd Person)
60. Numb II (3rd Person)
61. Numb III (3rd Person)
62. Feeling I
63. Feeling II
64. RG
65. Two Months Later - Beach Day
66. EPILOGUE - Adoption Day
MY NEW HOME SERIES & NEXT BOOKS

42. Babysitting The Boys

736 28 3
By TVreviewer

"You sure you can handle it Carrie?" Hank asks me once again, only inches away from the front door.

"Yes Hank, I can. Now go, don't be late for your appointment." He sighs heavily and turns to my side at Benji; who's holding onto my whole left side of my body.

Hank kneels down to his sons eye level. "I'll be back at night okay, I have lots of prep to do for a case I'm working on. Carrie will put you to bed and help you." Benji nods and gives Hank one of his famous hugs.

"Okay! Have fun!" Hank sighs...again. Being a lawyer is no fun, or that's what I hear from his lips every time he talks about it.

"And remember, Xander needs to be picked up from the soccer fields at 5. Then please make them dinner, bring some to the brooder in the basement." I laugh and nod.

"Xander. Five. Alder Park. Got it. And Owens not brooding, he deserves a break after winning like three straight football games in a row." Owen is a football beast, you can't convince me he isn't.

"I appreciate you helping out. I'd ask Eric but-" I answer for him. "He's doing police training, he's busy. But I've got this." He tucks a strand of hair behind my ear.

"One more thing, make sure the twins are home by school night curfew." I salute him. "Yes, sir. I will make sure of it sir." He shakes his head and pulls me in a hug.

"Alrighty hon, I'm off." He grabs his jacket and briefcase and shuts the door behind him.

We had about two hours before Xanders soccer practice and match was over so we had plenty of time to kill.

If it were up to me (and Benji) we'd watch Xanders game and support him but he's super insistent on none of his family coming to his games.

Guess that's normal for an 11 year old boy. He doesn't want to get embarrassed by Hanks old humor, Benjis passionate love for his family, and me. A girl.

"What do you wanna do, Benj?" I ask after a few minutes. He thinks for a moment, taps his little chin and squints his eyes.

"Let's go play outside! Play a game!" Of course a Anderson boy doesn't want to stay inside and watch a movie.

Still, for Benji, I'd do anything for him. Even do athletic things.

"That's fine." He takes my hand and leads me through the house and takes me outside. The two of us walk off the balcony.

I bath in the warm spring weather and breathe in the flowery scent. Benji runs around to the giant oak three in the right corner of their yard and jumps on the swing.

He early swings his legs in the air and beckons for me to push him. Of course I did, he happily let me.

After a while of this, he gets off and starts to run around the yard like a mad man. Plays with outside toys and rolls around.

I honestly forget how innocent kids are. I never got to be like that; maybe at age 5, when both my parents were alive, but I don't remember.

Seeing someone I love being so genuinely happy made me smile.

....

"Benj, stay by me!" I say as I grip the back of his shirt, normally I wouldn't do something like that but he keeps trying to run off to see dogs or run to the park.

I wasn't trying to run track just to keep up with him. He looks back at me and frowns. "Carrie, I wanna go play." I sigh.

"We aren't going to play, Benj. It's to pick up Xander." He gives me his puppy dog eyes and squeezes my hand. "Come on, just for a little while?" He batted his eyes.

I groan. "Okay, okay but only while Xanders still playing his game." He agrees as we make it to park. I can see the actual playground as well as the baseball and soccer field.

The soccer field was home to a intense game where I could see my little brother playing his heart out.

Benji ran to the playground and started to do dumb kid things, I decided to sit in the bench and wait for one of the two to finish.

Xander was the first; his game was over mad he seemed to win. He was smiling wide and with all his sport friends.

After a moment, he sees both me and Benji and looks to see if any of his friends saw us. Xander frowns but walks to us.

"Did you win Xan?" He nods. "Yeah."

Benji runs to his brother and gives Xander a big hug. "You did so good, big brother!" Xander rips out of his brothers arms and looks wildly at him. "What the hell?! Someone will see!" Benji moves back and looks down.

I grab him by the ear and pull him close. "Don't swear in front of him," I whisper. "Oh and if you make Benji sad again, I'll give you something to be embarrassed about." I louder for his friends to hear.

He narrows his eyes in challenge. "And what will you do?" I smirked and grab both of his cheeks in a dramatic fashion. Then, loudly, I said. "You did great Xandy-Poo."

He looks horrified at me and covers his face. "I want to jump off a cliff." I give him a hug, one of which he didn't move away from, and say. "I am proud of you Xan, I wish you'd let us come see your play."

He huffs and walks past the both of us. Yeah, I melted his heart....even just a little bit.

"Let's get out of here." Xander says, Benji is right behind him. They walk together in step and, out of the corner of my eye, I see Xander smile at his little brother.

He really does love us, even if he's embarrassed about it.

We start off to our home that's only about a five minute walk when I see a vaguely familiar car in the lot.

A black Honda.

The car turned on as soon as we got out of the park and followed us out of the exit. I thought nothing of it, probably a parent taking their kid home after a game.

That is until it sped up to us and screeched to a halt. The window rolled down and the same man from the parking lot yesterday was in it.

Benji smiled at the guy and Xander awkwardly looked at me. I didn't dare go up to him. "Uh can I help you?" He just smiled sickly at me and drove off without a single word.

"Who the heck was that?" Xander whispers in my ear, I try to shrug this encounter off. "Just a parent maybe."

That's what I tried to convince myself, that he was a parent of some kids who I just happen to keep running into. Someone who stares at me a lot.

I tell myself that if I see him again this week, I'll tell Hank.

And that's the end of it, I proceed to walk with my two youngest brothers back to our home to order some food.

....

"Pizza's here!" Xander yells as he makes a mad dash for the door. We were all starving; Xander especially after a sports game.

I grab the twenty Hank gave me for food and join him at the door. I pay for the two food and bring them inside.

Since I expected Liam and Luke home in an hour or two, I got two pizzas. One meat lovers and a plain cheese.

Xander takes three cheese slices. Benji got two of the same pizza but, before I dug in, I made a plate for Owen and brought it downstairs. Two slices and a coke.

I went down into the basement and knocked on the door. I heard no attempt of movement.

"Owen, delivery."

"Of what?" It was muffled but I still heard it.

"Pizza dummy, if you don't want it th-"

"Bring it in!" He shouts, I laugh and open the door.

He was sprawled on his bed, on his stomach. He didn't move as I opened the door but he looked over at me when I sat next to him. "You okay?" He reached his hand out and ruffles my hair.

I hand him the plate and drink, he turns over and accepts it.

"Thanks sis." He doesn't say anything else, just eats. I take that as my cue to go. "Xander won his game." I mention as I leave. "Xan actually let you watch?!" I bit my lip, though he didn't, I still said.

"What can I say? I'm his favorite."

....

My phone rings at 11PM and I answer it within seconds. It was Luke and Liam- well it's Luke's phone and I'm assuming- I'm hoping- Liam is with him.

"Where the hell are you guys?!" I demand.

Luke attempts to speak but Liam butts on. "Hi sis, sorry about the-"

"Where are you guys?! Curfew was almost two hours ago, you know Hank will be home at like 1ish on long days and I won't defend or pretend like your home."

I was in serious mom mode.

"Sorry, sorry. The birthday party got a little intense but we're coming home soon." I cross my arms, they can't see it but I know it's there.

"When is soon?"

"Like ten minutes, sorry Carrie. We love you." Luke says. "We really do." Liam added. Okay, now their just kissing my ass.

"And to think I saved pizza for you." I huffed. Luke gasps. "You got pizza?! Holy shit, we'll be home in five minutes."

"Well who said it's for you anymore, get home fast enough and maybe I'll have a slice left." I take out the meat lovers pizza and start having eating a slice.

There was four left. I definitely couldn't eat em all. But I could try.

Four minutes later the front door bursted open and Luke ran into the kitchen.

He dove for the counter and grabbed a piece, he stuffed it in his mouth. "Holy shit, that's so fucking good." He takes another slice and stuffs it in his face even more.

"Jesus, slow down." I push the box away from him, Liam takes a slice and eats it. He's neater than Luke but still starving.

"Jeez, did they not feed you at the party?" I ask, Luke grins. "Of course they did, but you know I love pizza." Luke pulls me in a hug and holds me tight.

"Yeah, your my favorite sister." Liam add, I turn to face both of them. "First of all, I'm your only sister-" I pause, "second of all, don't think your not I'm trouble for this."

Luke's eyes grow wide. "Please, please don't tell Hank!" He begs, he grabs the hem of my shirt. "Why shouldn't I?" Liam comes from the counter and says.

"Because we're your siblings and siblings have each others backs." He had a point, plus I didn't feel like disappointing Hank the first time I'm in charge of the house.

"You owe me." They both nod excitedly.

"Thank you sis, love you sis." They both run up the stairs, leaving me alone.

I throw the empty pizza box away and follow them upstairs to my own room.

Hank would be home soon, I could stay up and welcome him but I'm far too tired for that. I fall onto my bed.

Today has made me appreciate Hank even more. He has a full time job, a hard one at that, and yet he still loves and takes care of all of us.

I'm so lucky to have him. Especially after having a shitty biological dad- no. Don't think of him.

Sure he's out of prison, sure he's most likely trying his best to find me, and sure that insta account that tried to follow could have been him trying to me but- he won't. He can't.

I'm safe. I know I am.

But still, as I fall into sleep, I can't help but think of that man from my school and the park. Could he be- I mean could he know my dad?

I groan into my pillow and shut my eyes as tight as they'll go.

Just sleep Carrie. It's nothing to be worried about.

~ This chapter is very much a family one, having all the boys (expect Eric) and showing them off. Hope you enjoyed.
Next chapter will be Elliott and Carrie working together on their project and the mysterious man making his goal known; will Carrie team up with Elliott in order to keep herself safe? Guess we'll see. Next chapter out next week. ~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

274K 18.9K 31
Seventeen-year-old Hazel never saw having a sick mom in her future. And the last thing she expected was for her new next-door neighbor to give her a...
100K 6.2K 40
When Cami moves in with the 2 most popular guys in school in a new foster home placement, she realizes that her tragic past just might make it so tha...
181K 6.2K 25
Owen Anderson wouldn't have imagined the way his life turned the way it did. From an abusive father to an alcoholic mother, and a sister who loves to...
62 10 10
John was a tough guy, used to doing whatever had to be done. One day, his stubbornness put his life in danger. He found himself in the middle of nowh...