Menagerie's Falling Star

Av Its_Fr0st

This is the main story of a character that's featured in a story made by @BloodStorm1319 called 'Pilot Predat... Mer

Prologue
Part One: The Frostjumper And The Tigress
Part Two: Familarization
Part Three: 'Business'
Who the heck is Frost?
Part Four: By the Rivers...
Part Five: Trials
Noice
Part Six: Lockdown
Main Story and Skit Appearances:
Part Eight: Just one stop
Good Childhold Memory (Shitpost):
Part Nine: It Means No Worries
Part Ten: An ODST In Vale
Part Eleven: Hornet's Nest
Part Twelve: A Firefly and a foreign Echo
Part Thirteen: Drinks Between Worlds
Part Fourteen: Unknown Factor
Chapter Fifteen: Informant's Gifts
Chapter Sixteen: Beginnings of a Legend
Critique Opportunity for the Audience
Quick Explanation

Part Seven: Alert

651 17 15
Av Its_Fr0st

(Author's Note: Pray for our boy, Chips. He already has enough on his plate soloing the Covenant, the Flood, Australia, and the Emus.)

Do, do, do, do, dodo... Do, do, do, do, dodo!!!!

Frost kept on wandering through the labyrinth of corridors. He came through here with Sienna when it was all dark. Now, with the light of the sun coming through, and the overhanging lights being on, he can see all the way down the hallway with no problem at all. Except, there is a problem. More like, two problems that just happened to appear on Frost's helmet's built-in motion tracker. He then ducked quickly into a nearby open door, and waited for what he assumed to be a couple of White Fang guards. He can hear their conversation, as one spoke while they approached before randomly stopping.

"Man, Perry got his work cut out for him, now that he's operating in the Vale Branch under Brother Taurus."

'Brother Taurus?' Frost thought, as he leaned a bit forward. 'Okay, this sounds like they're definitely terrorists for sure. That, or a cult. Know what both would do.'

The other guard irritatedly said, as they started walking away. "Heard he partook in the Vale Train Attack, but didn't hear from him since then. At the same time, I'm surprised Brother Taurus is still lending our men to some humans."

'Now that's interesting.' Frost thought, once more, as he stepped out of his hiding spot. He then proceeded to resume his journey out of the stronghold. 'Guessing that this Taurus fellow is calling the shots, over in Vale. Meanwhile, what's this about the White Fang helping the humans?'

The Helljumper shrugs it off, while keeping an eye on his motion tracker as he wanders about. The design of the place, with how lined up the stone and bricks are, struck nicely with him. However, Frost knows one thing: He's a soldier. Destruction is part of his nature. It'll be a matter of time before conflict ravages this place.

Frost was so distracted with his own motion tracker and philosophy that, once he went around a corner, he just so happened to round up behind the same guards from earlier. However they just stood still and remained silent, meaning that Frost didn't hear them and the motion tracker didn't pick up their movement. He could pick off what kind of Faunus they are. One of them is a wolf, judging by his ears, and the other is a deer, judging by his antlers. Both of them are armed- to Frost's immediate confusion- with spears. The Wolf started turning back to Frost's direction, as he dove back to cover, when the Helljumper swore he heard an exclamation point somehow.

(Author's Note: You know what's up.)

   "What the-?" Frost could hear the Wolf exclaim.

   "What is it?" The Deer asked.

   "I swore I just saw something green dart around the corner, back there." The Wolf replied, before walking towards Frost's direction. Thank god for the motion tracker.

    'Shit, I wasn't quick enough. Now what?' Frost cursed to himself. There's no open doorway or anything to quickly go into. However, to Frost's fortune, there is one exception. Unfortunately, that exception happens to be a large, opened cardboard box lying nearby. Immediately, an idea went off in the Helljumper's mind.

     'Ain't no way this would work.' Frost thought, as he slipped the box over him and started creeping away slowly. Now being more aware, Frost stopped moving when the guard he was tracking came around the corner. The silence that crept in started making Frost feel oddly calm. Like, being in this cardboard box gives him a sense of inner peace. However, the silence didn't last for long.

   "That's strange." Frost could hear Wolf call out to Deer. "I saw with my own eyes that something green went around here."

   "Maybe it's your eyes messing with you." Deer responded. "Now, let's get going. Don't want High Leader Khan or the Albain Brothers to catch us like this. They'll have our asses, if they do."

   "Alright, fine." Wolf groaned, walking back. Frost lets out a breath of relief, as he watches the two dots on the motion tracker move further away. He waited for a while longer to give himself a guarantee that the coast is clear and that there's a reasonably larger distance between him and those two guards.  He then hopped out of the box and resumed his journey.

All this creeping around makes Frost feel on edge. A mysterious armored soldier lurking around this place would definitely not alert everyone on this island. His worries were soon washed away, as his motion tracker picked up a singular dot. To make it better, the dot is approaching from an intersecting hallway up ahead of him. That's when a lightbulb went off in his head. The Helljumper quickly pressed himself up against the wall, in preparation for the oncoming straggler.

Once the time's right, and seeing the straggler's height at the last moment when they crossed his view, Frost immediately swung his arm out. As he hoped, it struck the unsuspecting guard in the throat. Gasping for air, he reached for his neck. That's when the Helljumper pounced. Immediately wrapping his arms around the guard's neck, without giving the guard a chance, Frost held the guard in a chokehold. The guard started struggling against Frost, who applied more pressure on to the hold. Eventually, after a short while, the guard went limb under him.

Laying the guard down gently and slowly, before laying a finger on the guard's neck to be relieved to find that the guard is still breathing, Frost dragged the guard over to a nearby room, opened the door, and went inside with said guard. A short while later, Frost stepped out in the now stolen guard uniform he just acquired from the unconscious guard. To add more to his luck, the outfit and the guard's mask fits perfectly on the Helljumper. The idea of what to do with the gear and armor are just simple problems to solve. Frost darted off and shortly returned with the large cardboard box he left behind earlier, before placing all of his gear into the box.

Now lifting the heavy loaded box up, in his new disguise, Frost started walking towards the direction of the entryway. He believes that no one would question a guard randomly leaving the place with a box, unless they're heading to an external storage area. To him it seems very foolproof, and stupid at the same time. The chances of getting caught are still there. Surprisingly, after making all these turns, setting the box down to take breaks, and walking past guards, the Helljumper made it to the entryway with no trouble at all. Or so it appears.

He just walked past the external guards, when Frost came across a female White Fang member walking up to the stronghold. He paid no mind to her as she passed by, but they accidentally bumped each other.

"Sorry, mam." Frost apologized, before he kept going about his way. However, that's when he again heard the exclamation point.

The woman stopped and turned towards him, before ordering. "You, stop right there."

'Shit.' Frost thought, as he turned towards her. He then took in what she looked like. The woman appears to be about a foot shorter than him, has brown hair, freckles, wears a jumpsuit, has a whip holstered to her hip, and is also wearing a horned mask.

Putting the box down, Frost asked. "Yes mam?"

"Who are you, and what's your business? You don't look like one of the usual guards here." The woman said.

'Better think something fast, Frost.' He thought to himself before replying, trying to sound as convincing as possible. "I'm Kaz, mam. Kaz Miller. I was ordered by High Leader Khan to take some supplies down to the dock, Sister..?"

"Ilia." She responded, before questioning in a curious tone. "Tell me, Brother Kaz. If you're part of the cause, then what are the Humans?"

Wanting to respond with 'Monsters' or something negative, Frost didn't say it since something is off. 'This is a test.' Frost quickly thought. 'Shit, think of something and say it calmly. I have a stupid idea, since I'm kinda deep in the shitter already.'

Calmly, Frost answered. "The La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo."

To his surprise, the woman relaxed. She then commented, "Ah, sorry about that. Never knew High Leader Khan got herself a new guard. You can go back to what you're doing. Sorry for the delay."

'Holy shit, it actually worked.' Frost thought, as he said with a smile while picking the box back up. "No worries, Sister Ilia. I'll see you around then. Catch me later, I'll buy you a beer."

With that, he turned around and started walking away without seeing Ilia's reaction. The smile on his face grew slightly bigger, with each step he took further away from the stronghold. To him, the hard part of leaving Menagerie is over now. Next is the easy part. Getting on a boat to get off this island.

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

742K 22K 43
You..had an unusual situation. You were right there on the day your Mom was devoured by the mouth of a 'Titan'. You had just been found after being l...
118K 1.8K 32
[PART 1 IS COMPLETE! PART 2 HAS BEEN CANCELLED!] As a child, y/n always heard voices. And rarely, he swears he saw someone. He was abused by his fath...
25.7K 784 36
A pilot with a dark past finally dies . Or does he ? Finding himself in a different dimension hes torn between past and present . But will his cold p...
18.4K 459 10
Planet Earth, at one point it was ruled by humanity, however the earth was invaded by extraterrestrials known as Raptures, forcing humanity to live u...