Aftermath

By heartlessbrock

This is the sequel to Chaos. Hope you enjoy! More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
114
115
116
117
118
119
120
121
122
123
124
125
126
Not a chapter

53

3.6K 82 99
By heartlessbrock

I opened my eyes, feeling like I was hit by a truck. The last thing I remembered was walking away from the house.

I remembered feeling my heart race from the adrenaline of kissing Colby.

I was scared of what we were getting into and I wanted desperately to run away.

My head was pounding as I looked around the room. To my right was medical equipment which I was hooked up to by IV.

On my wrist was a plastic wristband that said Jane Doe on it.

"What the fuck?" I mumbled and sat up. Did something happen to where I would need to be in the hospital?

Surely Colby and the guys wouldn't bring me here because of how dangerous it was for them.

"Oh! You're awake." A nurse said as she nearly walked passed my room.

"What happened?" I asked and brought my hand to my head.

"We're not really sure. A young man came in and said he found you outside unconscious. Couldn't give us any other information." She said and grabbed my chart.

"Do you remember anything about what happened?" She asked as I shook my head.

"I can't remember. Everything is so foggy." I said as she nodded. "Okay, let's start with a simple question like what's your name?" She asked as I frowned slightly.

"Hm." I mumbled as her brow scrunched. It was weird that I was struggling with such a simple question but my brain was so foggy.

"You don't know?" She asked as my eyes watered. I was frustrated that I couldn't answer the question, because I knew my name.

I just couldn't remember it.

"That's okay. We'll figure out what's going on." The nurse said with a warm smile. I nodded and wiped my cheeks.

Everything was just a little confusing right now and being in a hospital brought back some bad memories.

Sure, I couldn't remember my own damn name but I could remember the exact pain in my chest I got when they told me I lost my baby.

"I'm gonna send a doctor in and he can order some tests." She said as I nodded slowly.

"Just sit tight." She said then left the room. I sighed and looked around the room, trying to remember what happened.

I could hear a vibrating sound that wasn't present a couple seconds ago.

"Hm." I mumbled and looked over to see a phone sitting on the table next to my bed. It was illuminated which meant someone was calling or texting.

I didn't remember having a phone with me but it must have been mine since it was here.

I grabbed the phone and looked at the text that was on the screen.

You had a seizure, Jules. A really bad one. That's why I took you to the hospital. I wasn't able to stay but let me know when you need to get picked up. -Colby

I scrunched my brow, reading that text that came from Sam. I must have had Colby's phone.

Shit, okay. I remember Colby made me upset then I kissed him.

I shouldn't have fucking kissed him.

The seizure explained why I was so out of it and confused. It was good to know what happened and that my name was Julia.

I sighed then went to respond to the text, but didn't know what to say. I wasn't discharged or told I could leave yet and I didn't know if I wanted to casually talk to Colby right now.

We had a lot to work out and I just didn't want to give him even a hint that I wanted to get closer to him again.

Granted, I kissed him.

That was a fucking mistake. I knew he kissed me first a couple days ago but I should have been stronger than that.

For my own heart, I needed to be stronger.

I sat in the room for a long time, boredom consuming me. I just wanted to get these tests done so I could get out of here.

Being in the hospital made me anxious and upset. It's been years since I was hospitalized from a seizure.

I was 7 years old when I was diagnosed with my epilepsy. I was in the grocery store with my dad when it happened. I remember staying in the hospital for three days because it was so bad.

I hoped this one wasn't like that.

"Okay, sweetie. Sorry for the wait." The doctor said as she came into the room. "It's okay. I feel a lot less foggy." I said with a sigh and brushed my hair behind my ears.

"That's good! Let's see if you can answer these questions." She said and grabbed a little flashlight.

"What's your name?" She asked and shined the light in my eyes, checking my pupils.

"Juliana White." I said as she nodded. "Okay, do you remember what happened?" She asked and continued to examine me.

"I have epilepsy and had a bad seizure." I explained as she nodded. "That explains a lot. Are you on any medication for your seizures?" She asked as I nodded.

"Brivaracetam." I said as she nodded. "Okay. So I'm still gonna want to run a couple of tests just to make sure everything is okay internally. Is that alright?" The doctor asked.

"That's fine." I said with a sigh. I was worried about the cost of everything but I had no problem making Colby pay for this visit.

He was stressing me out so much that I was having these bad seizures.

I spent the next couple hours going through all the tests and scans. I hated that I had to do this but was honestly feeling the safest I have felt in a long time.

It was insane to me that Colby brought me to a hospital because I knew that was a huge no no in the crime world, but it showed how much he cared.

It was fucking annoying.

"Alright, Juliana. It looks like everything came back clear. There's not much I can do for you here, but if the bad seizures persist, come back." The doctor explained as I nodded.

"Thanks." I said quietly and sat up. "I'll get your discharge papers set up and Nicole will be able to sign you out." She said then left the room.

I sighed and grabbed Colby's phone, texting him to tell him I was ready to be picked up.

I honestly wanted to run away so I wouldn't have to deal with the feelings I was having. Being around Colby was bad for me for many ways but my feelings for him were what would get me killed.

The last time we fell for eachother I literally got shot and nearly died.

I knew if I fell as hard as I did last time, I would do something like that again.

I shook my head, looking down at the phone to see he responded.

Okay, sweetheart. Be there soon.

I rolled my eyes at the pet name then waited for the nurse to come back.

"Alright, these are for you." The nurse said as she came into the room. I nodded and signed the papers then stood up and stretched.

I was exhausted from all the tests and I was far from excited to talk to Colby.

I knew we would have to talk about what happened but I didn't want to deal with it.

I wanted him to just leave me the fuck alone.

When I got outside, I sat on a bench so I could wait for Colby to get here.

I was surprisingly really calm about being alone. I didn't care if someone would come snatch me up and take me away.

It would honestly be convenient at this point.

While I was waiting there, Colby's phone buzzed showing a text from an unsaved number.

Hey, baby. Haven't heard from you in a while. Can I come over?

I pursed my lips, reading the text over and over. My fingers were itching to reply or go through his phone to see what he's been up to.

Morally I knew it was wrong, but I couldn't help it.

I first went to his texts, seeing nothing interesting at all. Colby carried himself like he was confident and had a lot of people around him, but deep down he was a loner and kept his circle small.

However, I was surprised to see that there weren't a lot of booty call texts. I knew that he didn't have friends but he sure did have a lot of girls who wanted to sleep with him.

When I went to his contacts I felt my heart shift. He had deleted all of the contacts that were previously numbered.

I tried to not assume that it was because I was in his life again.

Surely he did it for a reason but it couldn't be because of that. I needed it to be for any reason but that.

The fact that he did it though was going to make this conversation we were going to have even harder.

He was falling faster than I was.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.8K 809 18
Hey guys it's me Zesty and this is the sequel to Colby Brock x Reader [Book 1]! I hope you guys enjoy!
248K 6.6K 173
Third book to Chaos series. Enjoy.
604K 13.8K 181
The third book to the Lucky series. Hope you enjoy!
680K 15.5K 97
This is the sequel to Lucky! I don't really know what's gonna happen so enjoy.