The Priestess' Affair [Books...

By Benita_16

Theresa has it tough with her priestess training and convincing her arrogant brother to stop fighting the wer... More

𝐈. 𝐚 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚 𝐰𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧
𝐈𝐈. 𝐚 𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚 𝐰𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐞
𝐈𝐈𝐈. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐬𝐬
𝐈𝐕. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐠𝐢𝐟𝐭
𝐕. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐫'𝐬 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐞
𝐕𝐈. 𝐥𝐢𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐚 𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞
𝐕𝐈𝐈. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬
𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈. 𝐚 𝐡𝐮𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧
𝐈𝐗. 𝐞𝐱𝐡𝐮𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡
𝐗. 𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐬
𝐗𝐈. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐞-𝐨𝐟𝐟
𝐗𝐈𝐈. 𝐚 𝐭𝐞𝐚 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲
𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐫𝐬
𝐗𝐈𝐕. 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐩𝐩𝐲 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐩𝐬
𝐗𝐕. 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐮𝐩𝐨𝐧 𝐚 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞
𝐗𝐕𝐈. 𝐜𝐨𝐝𝐢𝐜𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐞𝐬
𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐥𝐚𝐠𝐫𝐢𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐢
𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬
𝐗𝐈𝐗. 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐦𝐮𝐬𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐦𝐬
𝐗𝐗. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐫'𝐬 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐞
𝐗𝐗𝐈. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈. 𝐦𝐚𝐣𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐜 𝐩𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐥𝐞
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈. 𝐕𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕. 𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐲
𝐗𝐗𝐕. 𝐚𝐧 𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐜 𝐛𝐮𝐲𝐞𝐫
𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈. 𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐨𝐰𝐧
𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠'𝐬 𝐠𝐞𝐦
𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐛𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐟𝐫𝐮𝐢𝐭
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐗. 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬
𝐗𝐗𝐗. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐝
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐡
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈. 𝐚 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐦𝐲
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈. 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐢𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐞𝐬
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕. 𝐮𝐧𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐚𝐥 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕. 𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐫𝐮𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈. 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲 𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈. 𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈. 𝐰𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐝𝐢𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫
𝐗𝐋. 𝐚𝐧 𝐮𝐧𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐦𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫
𝐗𝐋𝐈. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐬𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐫
𝐗𝐋𝐈𝐈. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐚 𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫
𝐗𝐋𝐈𝐈𝐈. 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞
𝐗𝐋𝐈𝐕. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐛𝐫𝐚𝐫𝐲
𝐗𝐋𝐕. 𝐚 𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐠𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐭
𝐗𝐋𝐕𝐈. 𝐜𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞
𝐗𝐋𝐕𝐈𝐈. 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐯𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬
𝐗𝐋𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈. 𝐚𝐧 𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐞 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐩𝐡𝐞𝐜𝐲
𝐗𝐋𝐈𝐗. 𝐚 𝐝𝐚𝐰𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐳𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧
𝐋. 𝐚 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐨𝐮𝐭
𝐋𝐈. 𝐦𝐢𝐝𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐬
𝐋𝐈𝐈. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐲𝐚𝐥 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐦𝐲
𝐋𝐈𝐈𝐈. 𝐡𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐤
𝐋𝐈𝐕. 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐰
𝐋𝐕. 𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞
𝐋𝐕𝐈. 𝐚 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐬
𝐋𝐕𝐈𝐈. 𝐚𝐧 𝐞𝐱𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐬
𝐋𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐯𝐞
𝐋𝐈𝐗. 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐫
𝐋𝐗. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐲
𝐋𝐗𝐈. 𝐚 𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐞
𝐋𝐗𝐈𝐈. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐛𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬
𝐋𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈. 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫
𝐋𝐗𝐈𝐕. 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞
𝐋𝐗𝐕. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐧
𝐋𝐗𝐕𝐈. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐬𝐬' 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦
𝐋𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐤
𝐋𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈. 𝐦𝐚𝐬𝐤𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐨𝐟𝐟
𝐋𝐗𝐈𝐗. 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐨𝐫𝐨𝐧'𝐬 𝐬𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫
𝐋𝐗𝐗. 𝐮𝐧𝐬𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐝
𝐋𝐗𝐗𝐈. 𝐚𝐧 𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐞
𝐋𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈. 𝐤𝐢𝐝𝐧𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚 𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬
𝐋𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐣𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧
epilogue
Book 2
Book 2: Chapter 1
Book 2: Chapter 2
Book 2: Chapter 3
Book 2: Chapter 4
Book 2: Chapter 5
Book 2: Chapter 6
Book 2: Chapter 7
Book 2: Chapter 8
Book 2: Chapter 9
Book 2: Chapter 10
Book 2: Chapter 11
Book 2: Chapter 12
Book 2: Chapter 13
Book 2: Chapter 14
Book 2: Chapter 15
Book 2: chapter 16
Book 2: Chapter 17
Book 2: Chapter 18
Book 2: Chapter 19
Book 2: Chapter 20
Book 2: Chapter 21
Book 2: Chapter 22
Book 2: Chapter 23
Book 2: Chapter 24
Book 2: Chapter 25
Book 2: Chapter 26
Book 2: Chapter 27
Book 2: Chapter 28
Book 2: Chapter 29
Book 2: Chapter 30
Book 2: Chapter 31
Book 2: Chapter 32
Book 2: Chapter 33
Book 2: Chapter 34
Book 2: Chapter 35
Book 2: Chapter 36
Book 2: Chapter 37
Book 2: Chapter 38
Book 2: Chapter 39
Book 2: Chapter 40
Book 2: Chapter 41
Book 2: Chapter 42
Book 2: Chapter 43
Book 2: Chapter 44

𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐗. 𝐚 𝐯𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐨𝐫 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐭

1.8K 190 8
By Benita_16

-HER-

The next morning, there was an unlikely guest at the wing to meet Fiona. I was surprised to see him so early in the morning, but nonetheless, I had been anticipating him. I knew that my brother wouldn't be sleeping peacefully knowing I was under the same roof as him. He had to do something about me.

"Your Majesty," Fiona was fairly surprised to see the Emperor so early in the morning when she had hardly woken up. "It's such an honour that you paid a visit to me, but you could have summoned me to the court instead," She smiled apologetically, completely caught off guard.

"This job required me to see you privately," He told Fiona, glancing at me briefly. I kept my face blank. "Tell me, how do you like this place? Is everything to your liking?" He inquired, stalking deeper into the wing. Fiona walked beside him while I followed them quietly.

"Your Majesty, this is a magnificent place. I have never seen something like this before," Fiona answered, sounding flattered. "There's nothing that I'd lack here,"

"I'm glad to hear that," My brother said indifferently, stopping by the pool and staring at the clear water. "Though I think you still lack something," He stated.

"Your Majesty, what is it?" Fiona asked, astonished. I gazed at my brother's reflection in the water. I could see his pensive eyes in it and the wheels spinning behind them. I could see where he was going on from there.

"I think your ladies in waiting aren't enough. I'm going to assign you some Royal Servants," He declared. Fiona gasped, unable to believe her ears.

"You Majesty, that's very kind of you,"

"It's not about kindness," My brother spoke, locking his eyes with me in the water's reflection, "You're going to be my beloved sister. It's best I start treating you like so,"

"It's an honour for me to be chosen for this, your Majesty,"

"Hmm, but don't let that honour distort your reality. You're here to act like my sister," My brother stated, glancing at me the last time and turning around to go back the way he came, "Not to take her place," With that, he left my wing but not without leaving Fiona feeling disgruntled.

His words seemed to have left quite a negative impact on her because she was taking out her frustration on us throughout the morning. She yelled at Nuncia while she was taking her body measures. She also gave me a piece of her mind when I tried to teach her some Voynish runes.

I would have punched her in the face in the old times, but this time, I had to keep patience while working with her. My patience was already running low with her, and it didn't help that I had to teach her Voynish. She didn't have the sight to grasp what I was explaining to her. Instead, I settled with just making her memorise the runes without focusing too much on their meanings. She wouldn't need to use them anyway... right?

After putting up with her throughout the morning, I got a break in the afternoon when Fiona decided to spend some time with Arke, who'd caught her attention while she was practising swinging her sword in the western courtyard. I spent the rest of my afternoon in my old study, looking at my old stuff.

Everything seemed to be going fine until there was another visitor. I had assumed that it was the Royal Servants, but when I opened the door, I didn't see any Royal Servants.

Instead, I froze when I saw the person standing there. I could see my surprise reflected back in his eyes as well. Both of us stood there, wide-eyed. Even though the rest of the people in the palace might not recognise me, I was sure he'd recognise me. He was one of the last persons I saw after being freed from captivity and before leaving for the Shrine.

"Theresa," He breathed, his whole body tensing and his eyes grew wider as if he'd seen a ghost.

"She's inside. What do you want?" I asked, draining all the emotions from my face and looking at him blankly. However, he wasn't so fast to gather himself.

"What are you doing here?" He demanded instead.

"I'm Princess Theresa's lady in waiting. If you wish to see her, then you have to give prior message," I told him curtly and was about to shut the door on his face, but he held it open.

"The Emperor has sent me here to meet the Princess," He shot back, tacking me with his eyes. I could see the abhorrence in his eyes from those years when I was trapped in that nightmare. "Though I didn't expect you to be here,"

"Neither did I, Krifaris,"

"Doesn't the Emperor know you're here? What has been keeping him from throwing you out?" He wondered out loud, forcing the door open and stepping inside. I stepped away, maintaining the distance between us. I didn't trust even his shadow.

"He knows well that I'm here," I told him, "and to your misfortune, I'm going to stay here for a while,"

"I will get you thrown out in three days," He threatened.

"I wonder why an Arch Mage feels so endangered by a simple lady in waiting for a Princess," I laughed, "Is he suppressing something?"

"You shouldn't be so jolly. I've been cultivating my powers exponentially after you left. I can trap you in that nightmare longer than before," He mentioned darkly.

"Did you think I was kicking rocks all this time?" I responded, "Last time I checked, a priestess is immune to tricks of fraudsters like you," I reminded him, and he didn't look pleased about it.

"I'm an Arch Mage, Theresa. My powers are not as useless as you think," He gritted.

"Theora!" A voice interrupted us. Fiona was here in time. "Where have you been all this time? I've been looking for you!" She wined.

"You have a visitor, Princess Theresa," I told her, nodding at Krifaris. As soon as Fiona noticed him, she composed herself. "This is Krifaris, the Arch Mage of the Palace,"

"The Arch Mage?" Fiona gasped.

"Your Highness," Krifaris spoke up, "Please allow me to introduce myself properly," He curtsied before speaking, "My name is Krifaris Gaillot. I'm the Arch-Mage of this Palace, belonging to the lineage of Saullons who have always produced the finest Mages for this Palace. Walking in the path of my ancestors, I've pledged my loyalty to the Emperor. On his command, I'm here to serve you as well,"

Fiona listened to him with awe while I tried hard not to roll my eyes.

"I'm pleased to meet you," Fiona said, slightly clueless. She must have been interacting with a Mage for the first time in her life.

"The pleasure is mine, Princess Theresa," Krifaris spoke darkly, putting more stress on my name. "I'm looking forward to work on you. In fact, I'm here to take you to the Mage Tower, where we could begin already as per the Emperor's Order,"

_

The next 3 chapters are free on Inkitt. Read up to chapter 58 on Patreon. The Links are in my bio.

Thanks for reading <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.1K 3K 35
Cauldon is a Rogue and has been one ever since he left his family many years prior. His best friend has always been by his side since they were littl...
8.3K 340 19
WARNING: THIS BOOK IS MATURE... Smut, strong language, and graphic violence. A witch's curse endangers werewolf kind with extinction. The king and qu...
40.2K 5.3K 71
|𝟐𝟑𝐱 𝐅𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐄𝐃 & 𝐖𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐘𝐒 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟏 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑| This epic werewolf themed fantasy follows a no-nonsense future Luna, 𝐕𝐄𝐍�...
28.3K 1.7K 56
Comtesse de Luna Mystique whose family trails back far into ancient myths and great gods, comes across a downturn in her life. The death of her broth...