A North Carolina Autumn

By NerdingAlong

Book 3 of That North Carolina Summer. What seemed like an exciting, love filled future for Aspen and Rylie is... More

Sudden Uncertainty
Holding on to Hope
What Could Have Been
Back to Charlotte
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter Eight
Memories
Hot Coffee
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Back in Your Arms
Chapter 16
What Will Be
Chapter 18
The Cabin
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Forever Yours
Bridging the Gap
Chapter 27
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty - Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy-One
Chapter Seventy-Two
Chapter Seventy-Three
Chapter Seventy-Four

Chapter Forty-Two

542 20 21
By NerdingAlong

11.22.2022

"Oh boy," Rylie groans as she collapses onto the bed. "Don't get me wrong, I loved the bed on the ship. It had a great view, we made some good memories on it," She winks at me before continuing. "It was very comfortable and falling asleep as the ship rocked made it even better. But I really missed our bed." She sighs as she pulls the covers over her.

We'd spent the day getting off of the ship, finding the shuttle to the airport, and then flying home. Getting off of the ship had been hard, and we were both already itching to be back on a cruise. Luckily with our VIP perk, we didn't have to get off of the ship until the last minute so we'd been able to sleep in a little bit, enjoy one final breakfast and walk around the ship for a bit. All in all, the trip had been perfect.

"I missed it too." I agree as I set our luggage against the wall and step towards the bed. I pull the covers off of Rylie before slipping between them and straddling her. "Our bed has a pretty good view." I murmur, taking a brief glance out the window at the glowing city and the sky colored by the setting sun. "And even better memories, I think." I whisper as I press my lips to Rylie's neck. "As for the comfort level, any bed is extremely comfortable as long as you're in it with me."

Rylie's cheeks redden slightly and I smirk before pressing my lips to hers. She moves her hands up my thighs before deepening the kiss, and I suddenly hate the sweats and t-shirt I'm wearing. Not to mention the clothes Rylie is wearing, I really hate those despite how adorable she looks in them.

"Why are we still wearing clothes?" I breathe against her mouth.

"I don't know. Whatever the reason, it's a stupid one." Rylie replies and I giggle.

"I've never agreed with something more." I say before trailing my fingers below her waistband and tugging lightly. It doesn't take long before we're skin to skin and my lips are back against Rylie's. She moves her fingers to all the right places, leaving trails of electricity across my skin.

"Traveling all day wore me out, but your body somehow renews my energy in a way nothing else can..." Rylie purrs before sitting up and moving her lips to my neck. Her hands move around to my back, pulling my body closer as her lips move. My head drops back as she kisses the spot between my neck and shoulder, and I'm unable to stop the moan from leaving my mouth.

"Mm... that's right, baby. She murmurs, her words only making me feel more. "Keep making those sounds for me."

"Only if you do the same." I reply in a low voice before moving my hand down her chest and stomach, stopping just above the place she wanted my touch most.

"Don't stop now..." Rylie pleads before placing her hand over mine and sliding it the rest of the way down. Had I not been turned on already, the way her head drops back and her eyes flutter closed as my fingers make contact would have easily done the job. The throbbing between my legs becomes much more noticeable as I move my fingers against Rylie, and the sounds of pleasure leaving her mouth only add to that.

Rylie seems to sense my need for her touch, and I gasp when her fingers slide between my legs and to my wet center. "How do you always end up topping me?" She murmurs before pressing her lips against my neck, and it's my turn to react to the pleasure her fingers and lips were bringing. The combination of the two were making it nearly impossible for me to focus on what my hand was supposed to be doing to her.

"Let me take care of you, baby." Rylie whispers as she locks eyes with me, making arguing with her no longer an option. Before I have the chance to respond, she quickly flips us over before straddling me.

Her fingers still hadn't moved from my swollen center, and I moan as she begins moving them again. "You're so wet..." Her words only make that fact more evident.

"The way I was touching you and the sounds you were making, or really just you in general are the reason for that." I respond breathlessly, her movements making it hard to form words.

"I like having that effect on you." Rylie says, bringing another moan from my lips as she quickens her movements.

"Fuck..." I gasp as I feel the familiar sensation building. "I'm close, Ry."

"I know. I want you to come for me, baby." She encourages, and I know I wouldn't be able to stop myself if I wanted to. She speeds up her movements once more, quickly bringing my body over the edge.

My back arches as I come, the pleasure coursing through me. Rylie keeps her movements steady, helping me ride out the orgasm. "Good girl." She whispers into my ear, bringing more moans to my lips.

When I finally come back down, I catch the burning look in her eyes instantly. Before she can object, I push her down onto the bed once more and hover over her. "My turn." I say in a low voice before kissing her deeply. My fingers quickly make their way back to her sensitive area, earning a sweet moan as I slip them inside of her.

"Does that feel good, baby?" I ask, tilting Rylie's chin up until her eyes meet mine. She only nods her head, and I tilt my head. "Use your words, love." I instruct her.

"It feels so good, Aspen." She gasps, moving her hips against my hand.

"Now who's the good girl?" I praise her, enjoying the way she's reacting to my words and movements. I start moving faster, bringing her closer. I kiss her lips and neck as she nears her climax, bringing sweet sounds from her mouth.

Rylie's head falls back onto the pillow and her back arches as she comes. Her nails dig into my back in a way that only turns me on more, and I help her ride out the orgasm.

As Rylie finishes, she pulls me into her arms, holding me tightly. "I love you with everything in me, Aspen."

Her words bring on sudden emotion, and I swallow hard as my throat tightens before snuggling closer to her. "You are my everything, Rylie. I love you more than anything."

"Don't try to one up me." Rylie jokes, and I roll my eyes. "I'm kidding." She says. "Thank you for being so sweet."

"It's what you deserve. I never want to be anything but sweet with you." I reply before kissing her softly. She moves her hand to my cheek, rubbing gently before her fingers make their way into my hair.

As the kiss deepens, I can't stop the groan. "You're making it impossible to stop..." I murmur against her lips.

"Who said anything about stopping?" Rylie replies before placing her lips to my neck.

My breathing hitches as she kisses the sensitive skin. "Fuck, Ry..." I gasp, feeling myself give in. Loving Rylie was all I wanted to do at this moment, and she was making it obvious that she wanted the same.

But this time, I would be the top. I think with a smirk before pulling Rylie's body against mine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Good morning, my love." I murmur before pressing my lips against Rylie's forehead. She groans instead of answering, and burrows deeper beneath the covers. "It's been a while since I've seen your morning grump!" I laugh. "She used to only come out during camp."

"That's because she was sleep deprived at camp, much like she is now." Rylie growls, and I grin before pulling the blanket off of her head.

"We got nine hours of sleep, Ry."

"Not enough." She whines. "Can we please go back to sleep for another three hours?"

"No baby," I giggle, doing my best to ignore her puppy dog eyes. "We have to go see our families. It's been forever!"

"We just saw them like a week ago at the wedding!" Rylie counters.

"Don't you miss Harper?" I ask her, knowing she would cave at the mention of her baby sister. "And Harvey?"

Rylie finally groans and rolls onto her back, turning her head to look at me. "That's cheating."

"How?" I laugh.

"You know Harper and Harvey are my weakness!" She glares.

"Are you accusing me of swindling you?" I gasp, acting offended.

"Maybe." Rylie shrugs, raising an eyebrow.

"I would never even dream of swindling you. Seducing, however..." I lower my voice, glancing down at her lips.

"Oh, I know.. Four hours last night proved that." She smirks, and I feel myself blush. "Maybe we should try and break that record right now..." She murmurs.

It was tempting. Really tempting. Rylie glances down at my lips, doing nothing to take away the temptation.

"Ry..." I whisper, swallowing hard. "Are you trying to seduce me so that we don't have to leave the warmth of our bed to go visit our families?"

"Who, me? Never!" Rylie defends, but her grin gives her away.

"Mmhm, sure." I laugh. "I can't be tempted today, we've got an adorable baby and puppy to see!" I grin before climbing out of bed.

"You can just call me baby and we'll be good!" Rylie whines.

"Ryle," I say, trying a new approach. "Please come with me to see our families so I can hold your hand and kiss you as much as I want to during the long drive."

"Well when you put it that way..." Rylie sighs before hopping out of bed, taking one of the blankets with her. "But you owe me." She continues before walking into the closet. When she comes back out, she has a cream colored flannel in her arms. "I'm going to need you to wear this." She grins, and I agree instantly.

"Easy. You know I love wearing your flannels."

"And you know I love seeing you in them." Rylie replies, and I nod happily.

"Exactly. It's perfect, really." I say as I take the flannel from her and begin changing. "See, I knew we were perfect for each other." I add, grinning as Rylie laughs.

"Yeah," She agrees. "We are perfect for each other."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The drive to my mothers house feels longer than normal, probably because Rylie and I were so  excited to see Harvey again. My mother had happily offered to watch him while we were gone, saying she hated the thought of him staying at the vet again. It had made us feel a lot better knowing he'd get plenty of attention from my mom and Jay.

When we get to the house, I hesitate a moment before knocking. I'd only been back to this house a handful of times since moving out, still trying to get past some of the painful memories I had here. I was silently hoping that the feeling of it being home would come back eventually, even if it took some time.

Within seconds of knocking, sounds of excited barking sound from inside, and I hear footsteps approaching. The door opens, but my mom doesn't get the chance to get a word out before Harvey barrels past her and into my arms.

"Hey, buddy!" I say, laughing as he covers my face in kisses.

"I think he missed you two." My mother laughs before moving to let us inside. "He hasn't barked at the door for anyone else, just you."

"That's actually really cute." Rylie grins, and I do the same.

"We missed him too. Thanks for watching him, mom." I say before pulling her into a hug.

"Of course! I am happy to watch him anytime. It is so fun having a dog around the house. Jay and I are thinking about getting one now, thanks to Harvey." She says as she pets a very excited Harvey. "Then he'd have a buddy anytime he's here!"

My mother sounds so excited that I know it won't be long before they actually do get a dog. A part of me is sad for my younger self, though. I'd always wanted a dog, and my mother had always said no, that it would be too much work. Anytime I'd talked to Gabe about it, he'd been the same way.

"Your mother is right, Aspen." He'd said. "It would be too much work between school and how often you're at my place."

"My mom could take care of him whenever I'm not here, though." I'd argued. "Plus, I'd want to take the dog with me if I went out." I'd smiled, but the smile had fallen from my face when I'd seen Gabe's expression.

"So you want to get a dog just so your mom can take care of it the majority of the time?" Gabe had asked. "You know I don't much like dogs, so it wouldn't be able to come to my apartment."

A part of me had wanted to argue. Who said I would always be at his place? Lately it had been like he'd purposefully kept me away. But I'd bit my tongue, not really in the mood to argue, knowing it would just lead to an angry Gabe, and a new bruise or two for me.

I shake the memory from my mind as we follow my mother inside, not really wanting to dwell on memories of Gabe. Although, that seemed to be all my mind wanted to remind me of lately.

I glance around the entryway at the Christmas decorations my mom had around the room. It wasn't much, but it was enough that it brought a cozy holiday feeling that I loved. We walk into the living room and I smile when I see the tree in the corner, filled with ornaments I remember from when I was younger.

"So," My mother says as Rylie and I sit on one of the couches. "Tell me everything about the cruise!" I laugh, wondering why she was so excited to hear about it. She'd been on so many cruises herself that she had probably done everything there was to do. But, I knew Rylie and I were both so excited to talk about it, so we hold nothing back.

Well, we hold some things back. I think with a smile.

As we talk, we drink mugs full of thick hot chocolate topped with marshmallows and whipped cream. The weather here was definitely nowhere near as warm as it had been on the cruise, which was why I'd been more than happy to wear one of Rylie's flannels over a sweatshirt.

After a while of talking, we move into the kitchen and sit on bar stools at the island as my mother prepares lunch for us. Harvey however, can't seem to sit still. He runs between the three of us, lingering with each person for only a moment before hurrying to the next as if to make sure we're all still there.

"So where's Jay?" I ask my mother once we've finished recounting our trip.

"He is hopefully just finishing up a long shift at the hospital." My mother says after checking the time. "He's been working so much more lately since it's the end of the year."

"Hospitals do get busier once people hit their deductibles for the year." I comment.

"Maybe we should go in for a surgery or something since we hit ours?" Rylie says jokingly, and I glare at her.

"No, thanks. Let's not get you anywhere near a hospital for a long time, please." I reply, and Rylie and my mother laugh.

My mother finishes up our lunch of pasta, a few different sauce choices and salad. Rylie and I set the table before we all sit down to eat. Before we can start though, the door to the garage opens and Jay walks in.

"You're back!" He says happily to Rylie and I before joining us at the table. "How was the trip?" Rylie and I smile at each other before talking, taking turns to ensure the other could eat, too. It was the perfect system.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

91.8K 3.8K 23
Amy and Paige had finally started their life together. Away from overbearing and homophobic parents, they had gotten married and moved to the Massach...
33.5K 2.2K 27
Abby has seen Sam four times over the last four years, and three of those times ended with a kiss on the cheek. But now, Abby is finally going to go...
18K 1.5K 44
If you read A Little Dinged Up, you might wonder what happened to Trish, Lylah's ex, after everything wrapped up. Well, now you can find out! Yes, th...
220K 9.8K 33
For the last four years. Nai'a Mahoe has been tormented by three bullies. Their latest attack landed the high school senior in the hospital with life...