Chapter Thirty-Two

"hey... did you miss me?" -smut:)

5.7.2022 - Hi guys hey, I'm very sorry I know I said I'd publish another on Friday and it's now Saturday... but this one is a bit longer than normal so hopefully that'll make up for my tardiness:)

Rylie and I make it onto the shuttle just in time and slide into the last two empty seats in the back, letting out exhausted sighs the moment we're off our feet. I take a moment to glance around the shuttle, noting the colorful, carpet type fabric covering the seats, floor and ceiling.

"This shuttle is really old, look at the designs!" I whisper to Rylie with a laugh as I point at the interior of the vehicle.

"I haven't seen this sort of interior in years." Rylie giggles. Despite it being nearly 2:00am at this point, the shuttle is packed, and dozens of people still crowd the sidewalk outside the airport.

The sky has a dim sort of glow to it, and I can make out clouds spreading out overhead, confirming what I'd thought about us flying through a storm. The rain had stopped a few minutes before we'd gotten outside, but the ground had still been wet, bringing the clean smell of wet pavement. It had been a challenge to avoid the big puddles covering the sidewalk on our walk to the shuttle, but we'd somehow managed without our stuff getting too wet. I wanted to save the wet part for later.

The shuttle begins moving and soon we're on the busy highway, and my eyes widen as I watch the endless city lights stream by my window. The drive isn't too long, but the view of New Orleans at night makes me wish it was a longer drive.

When we arrive at our hotel, I glance up at the 3 stories of the peach colored building in awe. It was adorable. The front entrance has a balcony above it with vines trailing up the railings and across the banister. Plants are hung from the ceiling of the balcony, swinging gently in the light breeze. Two black framed glass doors welcome us into the lobby, and I smile at the receptionist as we step up to the front desk.

"Hi y'all, what's the name?" She says with a smile of her own.

"Aspen Hart."

She nods and clicks around on the computer for a moment before handing us our room keys and directing us to our rooms. I thank her before Rylie and I head to the elevator, pushing the third floor button. Once out of the elevator, I glance to my left and see a large courtyard in the middle of the hotel. The warm night air rustles through the leaves of the palm trees spaced out around a lit up pool, and a cute gazebo sits at each end of the pool.

"I'm obsessed with this place

"I'm obsessed with this place." Rylie comments as she gazes out over the courtyard.

"Me too!" I agree. "I wish we had time to swim while we were here." I say with a sad tone.

"It's okay, we'll be swimming plenty on the ship." Rylie grins, bumping my shoulder. She slides the keycard into the slot and opens our door, but stops halfway through. "We got a good view!" She exclaims.