Mastermind || 𝒲𝒯𝑀

By M3_Writer

In which the past and future watch the lives of Tony Starks daughter. Lydia Maria Stark. The Mastermind. More

βΈΊ Mastermind βΈΊ
━━━━・Introducing・━━━━
━━━━・Graphics・━━━━
━━━━・Prologue・━━━━
act one βΈΊ growing up
Chapter One: Birth
Chapter Two: First-Year
Chapter Three: Protective Dad
Chapter Four: Little Genius
act two βΈΊ iron man one
Chapter One: The Delayed Tea Party
Chapter Two: Cuddly Bunny Jr
Chapter Three: Reunion
Chapter Four: Press Conference
Chapter Five: Found Bunny
Chaptet Six: Arc Reactor
Chapter Seven: Kidnapped
Chapter Eight: No Matter The Cost
Chapter Nine: Stark Vs Stane
Chapter Ten: My Dad's Iron Man
act three βΈΊ iron man 2
Chapter One: Panel
Chapter Two: Natalie Rushman
Chapter Three: Blackmail at it's Finest
Chapter Four: Racetrack Attack
Chapter Five: Returning Home
Chapter Six: New Element
act four βΈΊ avengers
Chapter One: Lydia
Chaptier Three: Recruitment
Chapter Four: Asgardians
Chapter Five: Hacker
Chapter Six: Elizabeth
Chapter Seven: Destiny
Chapter Eight: Kidnapped Again
Chapter Nine: Gold Scream
Chapter Ten: Golden Glow
Chapter Eleven: Queen and Eye
Chapter Twelve: Babies and Talks
act five βΈ» Asgard
Chapter One: Odin against Loki
Chapter Two: Reunions and Prophecies
Chapter Three: The Decision
Chapter Four: Asgard

Chapter Two: The Tesseract

18.5K 665 137
By M3_Writer

━━━━━ ✧༺✶༻✧ ━━━━━
❨ ∘ 𝔞𝔠𝔱 4 ∘ ❩
. . .‧₊˚ ✩ CHAPTER TWO ✩.‧₊˚ . . .
The Tesseract

Loki of Asgard
━━━━━ ✧༺✶༻✧ ━━━━━

The scene begins with burning blue flames. A smoky cube shape emerges. The Tesseract.

"How did you get that?" Howard asks wide-eyed as he shares a look with Peggy.

In a throne room in space at night time, someone is kneeling behind a throne. The figure is clothed in armor and is known as The Other.

"The tesseract has awakened. It is on a little world. A human world. They would wield its power...," the other says as he holds out the scepter.

Loki then comes out of the shadows, taking the staff.

Loki stiff slightly remembering every that had happened as the ones who didn't know him look towards Loki.

"Stop judging you don't know the full story," Lydia tells them with a glare making them turn back to the scene.

Lydia smiles as she winks at Loki who smiles at his little mischief maker.

"But our ally knows its workings as they never will. He is ready to lead. And our force, our Chitauri, will follow," The Other tells Loki as it shows thousands of Chitauri are awaiting orders.

"Those things are so ugly and creepy looking," Lydia says shivering disgusted.

"The world will be his. The universe yours. And the humans, what can they do but burn?" The Other asks.

"Uhm rude! We are smarter than he thinks," Lydia says rolling her eyes at the idiot on the screen.

The scene then changes to a SHIELD facility at night. They are evacuating by helicopter and vehicle, and one helicopter lands, dropping off Maria Hill and Nick Fury while Agent Phil Coulson is awaiting them.

"Papa Fury!" Lydia cheers with a bright smile as many look at the girl confused but she just shrugs. He loved her no matter what he said.

"How bad is it?" Fury asks Coulson.

"That's the problem, sir. We don't know," Coulson tells him as they enter the facility, passing fleeing technicians, and taking only the essentials.

"Dr. Selvig read an energy surge from the Tesseract four hours ago," Coulson informs Fury.

"Selvig! He is a good friend of mine!" Thor yells as many wince at the loudness in his voice.

"Shut up you buffoon!" Loki tells his brother who looks towards him like a kicked puppy.

With a wave of his hand, Loki has pop tarts in his hands handing them to Thor who smiles brightly as he begins eating them. 

"NASA didn't authorize Selvig to test phase," Fury tells Coulson with his usual emotionless voice.

"He wasn't testing it, he wasn't even in the room. Spontaneous advancement," Coulson tells Fury and Hill.

"It just turned itself on?" Maria Hill asks Coulson not truly believe that.

"What are the energy levels?" Fury asks Coulson.

"Climbing. When Selvig couldn't shut it down, we ordered evac," Coulson tells him.

"How long to get everyone out?" Fury asks him.

"Campus should be clear in the next half hour," Coulson tells him.

"Do better," Fury tells him as they continue walking down deeper into the facility.

"He's trying his hardest," Steve says making Lydia turn and glare at him.

"If they don't hurry up and get evacuated then everyone will die. He has no time for people to be slow," Lydia tells Steve with a bone-chilling glare.

"So get your head out of your righteous ass and think for a moment. I'm guessing the super serum made almost everything bigger but your brain smaller," Lydia tells him as she turns back to the front and begins drinking her iced coffee.

Steve just looks at her wide-eyed as Tony laughs wrapping his arm around Lydia who smiles at him brightly.

"Oh I love you, Princess," Tony says laughing as Lydia cuddles into him.

"I love you too dad," Lydia tells him as the movie continues to play.

"Sir, evacuation may be futile," Hill tells him as Fury looks towards her.  

"We should tell them to go back to sleep?" Fury asks Hill.

"If we can't control the Tesseract's energy, there may not be a minimum safe distance," Hill tells Fury.

Lydia shrugs as she nods Hill wasn't wrong. If the Tesseract exploded then the world might explode. Maybe. Maybe not. Who knows truthfully?

"I need you to make sure Phase 2 prototypes are shipped out," Fury tells Hill who looks at him in disbelief.

"Papa Fury! Not the time! At all!" Lydia yells at the screen shaking her head.

"What's phase 2?" Peggy asks as Lydia sighs.

"Something important but not important at the same time," Lydia explains as Peggy just looks at her before looking at the screen. That was a Stark answer, not the answer she wanted.

"Sir, is that really a priority right now?" Hill asks Fury.

"Listen to her! Hill is right! Always," Lydia says shaking her head.

"Until such a time as the world ends, we will act as though it intends to spin on. Clear out the tech below. Every piece of Phase 2 on a truck and gone," Fury instructs her.

"Yes sir," Hill says before turning to the agents nearby.

"With me," Hill says as she walks away with the agent. Fury and Coulson enter the radiation facility housing the Tesseract, the area cluttered with machines and people leaving. 

"Talk to me doctor," Fury says as Dr. Erik Selvig appears from behind a CMS machine, concerned. The Tesseract is glowing unusually brighter and a flare of blue shoots out from it, hitting things at random. 

"Director," Selvig greets him.

"Is there anything we know for certain?" Fury asks looking at the Tesseract.

"The Tesseract is misbehaving," Selvig tells Fury who just looks at him.

"Really? I hadn't noticed!" Lydia says full of sarcasm as she rolls her eyes.

"Is that supposed to be funny?" Fury asks the man who looks at him.

"No, it's not funny at all. The Tesseract is not only active, she's... misbehaving," Selvig tells him.

"How soon until you pull the plug?" Fury asks getting straight to the point. 

"She's an energy source. If we turn off the power, she turns it back on. If she reaches peak level...," Selvig begins to explain before Fury interrupts him.

"We've prepared for this doctor. Harnessing energy from space," Fury tells him.

"We don't have the harness. Our calculations are far from complete. Now she's throwing off interference, radiation. Nothing harmful, low levels of gamma radiation," Selvig explains to Fury.

"It can be very dangerous. And they are all idiots!" Lydia explains as many looks at her confused but Loki smirks at the blonde.

"It's sending out a signal duh! See this is why I should be the one in charge of everything. I actually use my brain," Lydia says as the avengers look towards Lydia and shrug slightly she was right. 

"That can be harmful. Where's Barton?" Fury asks looking around for the man.

"The Hawk? Up in his nest, as usual," Selvig tells him as the screen turn to Clint Barton, dressed in black tactical gear, up on the railings watching them below.

"Agent Barton, report," Fury calls Barton on his earpiece. 

"Oh, Clint I didn't get to tell you because last time I saw you we were in the middle of a war and all that," Lydia says looking towards Clint.

"But I finally mastered the bow and arrow! You have some competition now," Lydia says smirking at the man who looks at her.

"We will have to test that out then," Clint says as Lydia nods.

"Time and place old man," Lydia says before facing the front as Clint scoffs at her words. He wasn't old.

Barton rappels down from the catwalk and walks up to Fury. They both walk around the bottom of the facility in a discreet manner.

"I gave you this detail so you could keep a close eye on things," Fury tells Barton.

"Well, I see better from a distance," Clint tells him.

"Like a Hawk," Lydia whispers to her dad who nods shaking his head at her.

"Are you seeing anything that might set this thing off?" Fury asks Barton but before he could answer a scientist interrupts.

"Doctor, it's spiking again," the scientist tells Selvig.

"No one's come or gone. Its oven is clean. No contacts, no I.M.s. If there was any tampering, sir, it wasn't at this end," Clint tells Fury who looks at him.

"At this end?" Fury asks him.

"Yeah, the cube is a doorway to the other end of space, right? The doors open from both sides," Clint explains as if it's common knowledge.

Lydia gasps wide-eyed before looking at Clint with a bright smile.

"You do have a brain!" Lydia says amazed as Nat begins to laugh and Clint glares at the two.

Selvig types on his keyboard and the monitor flashes. Suddenly, the Tesseract thunders and shakes the entire facility.

Both Agent Coulson nearby, and Maria Hill topside, feel the tremors. The cube glows brighter and emits a ring of light, and builds like a beam, similar to the Bifrost bridge.

The power hits the edge of the platform and begins to form a vortex, which becomes a portal. Space appears through the portal, and a gust of blue energy knocks people back.

The cloud shoots to the ceiling, and the portal on the platform opens up as Loki steps through. The portal vanishes, and Loki grins at everyone, holding his spear. He frowns as he sees them looking at him.

"Sir please put down the spear," Fury tells him as Loki responds by firing a blast of blue energy from his spear.

"Yeah don't ask that. He loved his spear," Lydia says as Loki glares at her and Lydia smirks in response. 

Barton narrowly tackles Fury out of the way as the Agents shoot at Loki, but the bullets deflect off of him.

Loki immediately takes down everyone shooting at him easily, with knives and energy blasts from his scepter.

He pauses, grinning, and looks to who will attack him next. Barton attempts to attack him, but Loki grabs his wrist, disarming him.

"You have a heart," Loki says as he places the tip of the spear against Barton's chest.

Clint closes his eyes at this and Loki looks at him apologetically as Clint nods at him. He forgives him a while ago when he found out the truth.

Barton's eyes then glow black, and he stops resisting. Loki begins controlling other agents around the room. As tries to Fury sneak up and grabs the Tesseract placing it in a briefcase, and trying to sneak out.

"Please don't. I still need that," Loki tells Fury who turns to face him.

"This doesn't have to get any messier," Fury warns Loki.

"Of course it does. I've come too far for anything else. I am Loki of Asgard, and I am burdened with glorious purpose," Loki says looking at Fury.

"Loki of Asgard," Lydia mimics as she laughs loudly making Peter laugh with her as Loki glares at the teenagers.

"Loki? Brother of Thor?" Selvig asks Loki.

"Ouch that most of hurt your ego," Lydia says as she laughs at Loki.

"I used to be known as the daughter of Tony Stark but now Dad is known as the father of Lydia Stark. Funny how that works," Lydia says laughing as her dad rolls his eyes at his daughter who sticks his tongue out at him.

"We have no quarrel with your people," Fury tells him trying to buy time.

"An ant had no quarrel with a boot," Loki tells Fury looking at him.

Peter and Lydia share a look at that confused.

"You planning to step on us?" Fury asks looking at Loki.

"I come with glad tidings, of a world made free," Loki tells Fury.

"Free from what?" Fury asks Loki.

"Freedom. Freedom is life's great lie. Once you accept that, in your heart..," Tony says as he turns to face Selvig who's standing behind him, and places his spear against Selvig's heart making Selvig's eyes glow black.

"You will know peace," Loki finishes.

Lydia shrugs. For a villain speech, it wasn't that bad. She had a few improvements for him but other than that it was good.

"Yeah, you say peace, I kind of think you mean the other thing," Fury says and from the vacuum chamber ceiling, the Tesseract's energy cloud rapidly builds into what may be an implosion. 

"Sir, Director Fury is stalling. This place is about to blow. Drop a hundred feet of rock on us. He means to bury us," Clint informs Loki.

Clint sighs at that as Nat squeezes his hand reassuringly.

"Like the Pharaohs of old," Fury says.

"He's right. The portal is collapsing in on itself. You got maybe two minutes before this goes critical," Selvig tells Loki.

"Well then," Loki says as he looks to Barton, who without hesitation shoots Fury, who falls to the ground.

Barton grabs the case containing the Tesseract and leaves the lab with Loki, Selvig, and the other controlled SHIELD personnel.

The controlled SHIELD personnel are gathering weapons and getting ready to leave the facility. Agent Hill watches in confusion.

"Need these vehicles," Clint says as he points to Loki and his team.

"Who's that?" Hill asks as she looks at Loki.
"He didn't tell me," Clint tells her as Agent Hill eyes them suspiciously as they get into a truck and begin to drive away.

"As if they could trick her," Natasha says shaking her head.

"Hill, do you copy?" Fury asks as he grabs a walkie-talkie. Loki and his crew look back at Agent Hill.

Back at the lab, Fury is sitting up, pulling the bullet out, and breathing hard.

"Barton is...," Fury says and that was enough for Maria as she turns around and shoots Barton, who is already shooting at her, and they drive away while she takes cover, still firing at them. 

"He's got the Tesseract! Track it down!" Fury says as he runs out of the lab, holding his side.

The energy discharge from the Tesseract is building up on the ceiling, rumbling and growing recklessly, destroying structures and cracking the walls.

Maria Hill jumps into a Jeep and takes chase on Loki and the crew. Several other trucks begin to attack Loki's truck as well.

Loki releases a blast of energy, obliterating SHIELD trucks and causing a blockage in the tunnel. Agent Hill is forced to keep her distance on her pursuit.

Down below, Fury is racing against the clock as pipes burst around him. The walls are cracking, and the facility is suffering an internal earthquake.

Agent Coulson is grabbing cases and trips down the stairs while the ground shudders. Others with him drop cases full of information and equipment.

"No! Leave it!" Coulson tells them as they all leave the cases behind and leave the lab running.

Barton and Agent Hill are caught in a truck race, where she pulls in front of him to try and block him.

He responds by firing at her at close range, which causes Agent Hill to shoot out her own windshield to try and hit him.

Agent Coulson and his group take a Jeep and evacuate as well.

"You're clear, sir! You need to go!" Coulson says over his walkie-talkie.

Fury runs across the tarmac to a helicopter. The ground gives way seconds after the helicopter leaves the ground, falling into a sinkhole.

Still racing down the tunnel, Agent Hill and Barton are locked in combat. A blast wave from the Tesseract causes the tunnel to collapse partially. One of Loki's trucks makes it out, but Maria's truck is stuck.

The Tesseract's energy cloud now shrinks into a small ball of white light, hovering in the air. In a flash of blue light, the facility is consumed along with its surroundings. Fury watches from below as a rapid build-up into an implosion.

Several miles away, Agent Coulson's van jolts from the blastwave on the horizon behind them.

The entire facility implodes with terrifying magnitude, and the implosion rocks the ground.

Maria Hill is stuck, her jeep behind as the full force of the blast tears down on the tunnel, covering herself by being inside of the jeep, light from the night spilling in close by.

Barton's truck drives away, but Fury's helicopter hovers over it, and Fury opens fire with his pistol. Loki, in a fit of rage, fires an energy blast at the helicopter.

The helicopter is skimmed by the blast but catches fire. He jumps out of the flaming helicopter seconds before it hits the ground and shreds itself into debris. Fury stands back up, dazed, and shoots at Loki, but they're too far away.

"Director? Director Fury, do you copy?" Coulson asks over his walkie-talkie. 

"The tesseract is with the hostile force. I have men down. Hill?" Fury asks. 

"A lot of men still under, don't know how many survivors," Hill says as she climbs out of the wreckage of her jeep. From the ground, Fury surveys the wreckage.

"Sound the general call. I want every living soul not working rescue looking for that briefcase," Fury says.

"Roger that," Hill tells him over her walkie-talkie.

"Coulson, get back to base. This is a Level Seven. As of right now, we are at war," Fury tells the agent who looks at him. 

"What do we do?" Coulson asks Fury who looks up, a thought on his mind.

"And the avenges begin," Lydia says in a narrator's voice making Peter laugh at her as Tony glares looking between the two.

❀ ༄ ❀ AUTHOR NOTE ❀ ༄ ❀
And the avengers begin!

Child Lydia will be between 11 and 12 during the Avengers. While the one watching the movie is 16 almost seventeen

I hope you all enjoyed the chapter! I love you all! <333

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.2K 744 18
after two years in wakanda, holland and bucky are in the fight of their lives and nothing will remain the same again. [infinity war-endgame]
165K 4.9K 29
You have lived your whole life, knowing who your father is, but he doesn't know about you. One day when your room mate and best friend, Peter Parker...
219 5 22
Angie Jones is the daughter of the brilliant scientist Bruce Banner, but her mother separates them when he endangers her life. However, when her mom...
50.4K 1.3K 68
"I believe you." Olivia Stark the daughter of Tony Stark finally gets trusted into helping her father out, but when her father recruits a boy the sam...