The Lost Child - Derek Hale x...

By mrsstruggles

Teen Wolf x Marvel AU Summary: Y/N Stark was taken from her family when she was three years old. It's fifteen... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter [Smut]

Chapter 4

4.3K 142 19
By mrsstruggles

Peter feels like he can't breathe.

His head feels like it's spinning.

So many feelings are going through his body, and he doesn't understand why. Just because she shares the same name as his sister, doesn't mean that she could be the girl who is presumed dead. A lot of people have the name Y/N. His sister wasn't the only one. He's pretty sure there have been people who love Iron Man so much they've named their children Y/N.

There's just something about her that confuses his spidey-senses. They are usually always a little on edge around people he doesn't know, but with her, they feel safe. They almost want to protect her even though there is nothing to protect her from. It also feels like they don't need to try and sense any danger because if she's around, then he will never be in danger. It feels like they know she's family.

He looks over to his dad and uncle to see if they are having the same reaction as him, only to be met with his dad filling out his admission forms with sad eyes and his Uncle Steve playing Candy Crush on his phone. How is he the only one freaking out? Is he making something out of nothing?

He must be making things up in his head. Y/N is dead. He's known that for years. They buried her body. Some of the smartest people in the world identified her. There is no way they made a mistake. This is just his mind trying to grasp at straws. Y/N is dead.

"Okay, I'm going to clean up your wounds," Y/N states as she looks at the papers Tony just handed her, "then I will give you something for the pain, remove the splinters, clean you up again, and send you on your way home. I will be right back."

Peter watches as she wraps the towels back around his leg before exiting the room.

"She seems a bit young to be working here," Tony comments.

"At least she seems to know what she's doing," Steve adds.

"How are you feeling, kid?"

Peter blinks out of his daze before answering his dad, "I'm fine. I'm mostly just wishing I didn't walk on the deck."

"We're just lucky it didn't cause too much damage. It could have been a lot worse," Steve sighs, rubbing a hand down his face, "Even if you weren't the one to fall through, it would've been somebody else."

Y/N walks back through the door pushing a tray of everything she'll need to help Peter.

"Okay, first I'm going to clean up your wounds," she states as she grabs her saline solution and gauze sponges, "then we will numb the affected areas so that you can't feel me removing the splinters. Does that sound good?"

Peter gives her a smile through the pain, "Sounds good."

She slowly starts to clean his wounds, "Now, like I stated before, this is not how we usually do things, but since you're different from most patients and I'm used to weird things, I decided this was the best course of action for your wounds."

"I'm sorry, but I have to ask. How old are you?" Tony interjects with a curious look on his face.

Y/N chuckles at his question, "I'm nineteen. I graduated high school early at sixteen and I have an associate's degree in nursing. I should get my bachelor's in December if everything goes according to plan."

"That's impressive," Steve praises, "What made you decide to become a nurse?"

"Well, one, I have an extremely injury-prone brother," Y/N replies while she finishes cleaning Peter's leg, "Two, I have extremely injury-prone friends. And lastly, a woman, who's been like a mother to me for most of my life, is also a nurse. She inspired me."

"It seems like your friends are lucky to have you."

"I'm pretty sure I'm the only reason they're still alive," they chuckle at her reply as if it was a joke, but she was telling the truth, "Okay, I've got you all cleaned up now let's get you numb."

Peter continues to stare at her as she throws away the gauze that was just used to clean his wounds. He keeps screaming at himself that he doesn't know this girl but a part of him keeps yelling back that he does. He keeps repeating in his head that Y/N is dead. There's no way she came back from the dead just to become a nurse in a town called Beacon Hills. Plus, she said she's nineteen and his sister would be eighteen.

"Now, I could give you multiple shots to numb your wounds, but we are going to use something else," she grabs a jar from her cart before showing it to him, "This is some pretty powerful numbing cream. It works a lot faster than the shots and it will be a lot less painful. It will also relieve some of your pain."

She opens the jar before gently scooping out a small amount of the cream. He winces as she starts to rub the cream onto one of his wounds. Her movements become slower and gentler to not hurt him any further.

The relief is almost automatic. It's as if the pain had been sucked out of his leg. Every time she applies more to his wounds, the less and less pain he has.

For a moment, he swore he saw some black lines running up her arm like veins. He watches to see if he'll see them again, but her gloves and the long-sleeved shirt she is wearing underneath her blue scrubs block him from seeing more. He convinces himself that he's either seeing things or that she must have a tattoo of something.

"What is this stuff?" Peter asks in shock. "We need some of this."

"Good luck finding some," Y/N laughs at the look on his face, "I've asked my bosses multiple times where they are getting this from, but they refuse to tell me. It works like magic, doesn't it?"

"It's better than magic."

"Well, now that you can no longer feel anything, let's remove these splinters."

Tony watches as the nurse removes the splinters from his son's leg. This was the first time they brought Peter to an actual hospital in years. Most of his injuries heal quickly enough so that they don't have to, or Bruce deals with any major injuries he has. Looking at him now, he can't help but remember the last time he brought him to a hospital.

***

A pained scream echoed throughout the small cabin.

Tony quickly abandoned his paperwork as he ran to Peter's room. He opened the door to find a five-year-old Peter sitting on the ground and holding his left arm to his chest. Tears were streaming down his face as his two-year-old sister was sitting next to him hugging him in comfort.

"What happened," Tony quietly asked as he moved toward Peter and Y/N.

"I-I wanted t-to be like yo-you," Peter choked out through his tears, "I-I tried to fl-fly."

Tony sighed knowing that he must have jumped off the top of his bunk bed. This wasn't the first time this had happened. Two months ago, when Bucky was babysitting the two, Peter almost gave him a heart attack because he walked into his room to find him trying to swing on the ceiling fan.

"Where are you hurt?" Tony could see that he must have hurt his arm, but he wanted Peter to tell him where he was hurting.

"Arm." That's all Peter said as he continued holding onto his arm as if it would fall off if he let go.

"Can I please look at your arm?"

Peter slowly let go of his arm to let his dad examine it. As Tony gently touched his arm, Peter let out a small whimper of pain.

"Stop!" Tony looked at Y/N who has a scared look on her face. She didn't like her brother being in pain and she knows that her dad touching his arm seems to hurt him.

Tony gave her a small smile, "I'm sorry. I'll be more gentle. I just need to see if this is something serious or not."

She seemed to contemplate his words before hugging Peter even tighter. Tony took that as his cue to continue examining his arm. He could tell it wasn't broken, but he wasn't sure. Bruce was currently on a mission, so he'd have to take him to an actual hospital.

"Okay," Tony calmly put Peter's arm back against his chest, "Just to be safe, we will go to a hospital to have it looked at."

"What about Uncle Bruce?" Peter had a confused look on his face.

"He's off fighting bad guys right now so we will have to take you somewhere else. Is that okay with you, kid?"

Tony expected him to put up a fight but simply nodded his head. He also allowed Tony to take him to the car without ever making a fuss. That's how he knew something was wrong.

When they got to the hospital, Y/N clung to Peter's side. For someone who was only two years old, she really liked to glare at people who got too close to Peter. It was like she was protecting him from further harm.

Tony could tell that Peter being hurt had upset Y/N. Other than glaring at people, himself included, she hadn't spoken a word other than when she yelled stop at him. She just stuck to Peter's side and never said anything.

By the time they were seen by a doctor, Tony had to physically pry her away from Peter for them to take x-rays of his arm. There were a lot of tears, and she had a strong grip on Peter's hand that was tough to pull her away from, but she still never said a word.

As they waited for the doctors to examine Peter's x-rays, Y/N was clinging onto Peter as if she was scared he would disappear. She was also upset with Tony for pulling her away from Peter earlier.

"Okay," the doctor walked back into the exam room holding Peter's x-rays, "it seems that he fractured his arm in the fall."

Tony listened intently as the doctor explained what happened to his son's arm and what course of action they should take. Peter seemed excited at the thought of having his arm in a cast, but he knew that excitement would fade as he realizes how much having a cast on sucks.

Peter let Y/N pick the color of his cast. She ended up picking a pretty blue color that reminded her of her Uncle Bucky's eyes. Tony knew this would start another debate on who the favorite uncle was.

When they got home that night, Peter gave Y/N some markers to draw on his cast. It ended up mostly being a bunch of squiggly lines and some odd-looking shapes, but Peter thought his cast looked great.

It took Y/N about a week to stop clinging to Peter and it took her another two weeks to stop forcing Peter to sleep in her bed rather than his bunk bed.

***

"And we're done." Tony zones back in on the scene before him to see that the nurse has finished with Peter's leg. It was wrapped up and everything.

"Thank you so much," Peter says while trying to maneuver his way off the exam table.

"It's no problem." Y/N replies with a large smile on her face, "It's literally my job."

"What do we need to do now?" Steve asks.

"Well, I'm going to send you to a lovely place that people like to call Hell where you can determine how you are paying for your visit." Tony snorts at her description, "I'm also going to give you a prescription for some pain meds to take until your leg is fully healed. I will write down the pharmacy's address so you can pick it up on the way home."

"It will only take a few days for my leg to fully heal. You don't have to prescribe me anything." Peter states.

"Yes, but I'm sure you don't want to spend those few days in pain."

Once she's done with everything she needs to do, she takes them to the checkout counter.

"It was nice to meet all of you," she says as drops them off, "Hopefully, if there is a next time, it will be under better circumstances."

"Thank you so much for all of your help," Tony smiles as he shakes her hand.

"You're welcome. I'm sure you are ready to go home so I will let you check out and I will leave you alone. I hope the rest of your day turns out a lot better than this!"

There's something inside Peter yelling at him to not let her go but he ignores the feeling and decides to just watch her leave.

***

As Y/N steps inside her shared apartment with Derek, she can hear arguing from the kitchen.

"We have to tell her! What if it was you in her position? Wouldn't you want to know?" Scott's voice is the first one she can make out.

"We can't tell her," Stiles' voice rings out, "She's got the biggest target on her, but you know she'll care more about everyone else's safety above her own. Derek, back me up. Tell Scott why we can't tell Y/N."

"Tell me what?" the three boys jump at the sound of her voice.

"Oh, hey. How was work?" Stiles tries to awkwardly pretend like he wasn't just talking about her.

Y/N chuckles while staring at the group with a smirk on her face, "You werewolves should check your hearing. Now, I'm going to ask again. Tell me what?"

Scott and Stiles nervously look at each other while Derek never stops looking at her. He sighs before grabbing a piece of paper off the table in front of him. He gives her a quick kiss before handing it to her. The paper appears to have names and numbers written on it.

"What's this?" she asks with a confused look on her face.

"It's a dead pool," Scott answers.

"The names are people who are supernatural and the number beside them is how much they're worth," Stiles adds.

"Shit," Y/N whispers under her breath.

"Turn it around," Derek says as he watches for her reaction.

She turns it around to see her name and a number.

"That's how much I'm worth" she questions, "That's not a lot. I thought I'd be worth more."

"That's not in dollars, that's in millions," Stiles corrects her.

"I'm worth fifty million dollars?!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

186K 9.2K 55
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းက ရင့်ကျက်ပြီး အတန်းခေါင်းဆောင်အမြဲလုပ်ရတဲ့ ကောင်လေး ကျော်နေမင်း ခြူခြာလွန်းလို့ ကျော်နေမင်းက ပိုးဟပ်ဖြူလို့ နာမည်ပေးခံရတဲ့ ကောင်မလေး နေခြ...
Riptide By V

Teen Fiction

325K 8.3K 117
In which Delphi Reynolds, daughter of Ryan Reynolds, decides to start acting again. ACHEIVEMENTS: #2- Walker (1000+ stories) #1- Scobell (53 stories)...
12.9K 176 25
"Friday's child is loving and giving." Friday Addams, the twin sister to Wednesday, couldn't be more opposite to her sister. She openly displays emot...
3.4M 81.1K 141
Soon to be Published under GSM Darlene isn't a typical high school student. She always gets in trouble in her previous School in her grandmother's pr...