Aftermath

By heartlessbrock

This is the sequel to Chaos. Hope you enjoy! More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
114
115
116
117
118
119
120
121
122
123
124
125
126
Not a chapter

42

4.2K 83 202
By heartlessbrock

Colby's POV

I laid with Julia in my arms. She had fallen asleep after crying and fighting me off for a little while.

It broke my heart how broken she was and how bad she was struggling.

She had a point that everyone left her. Her father broke her heart before he died, then I broke her heart shortly after.

I regretted hurting her, but I didn't regret leaving her. It clearly wasn't safe for us to be together and I proved that tonight.

I shouldn't have killed that guy, but they shot an innocent girl. Julia didn't do anything to deserve that and I just reacted irrationally.

I shouldn't have done that.

Julia whimpered in her sleep, tensing up slightly. She was having a nightmare.

"Shh, you're okay." I whispered and scratched her back gently. This action was enough to get her to relax which was good.

I knew I shouldn't have been getting this close to her considering I would have to leave her again. Keeping her close was still dangerous and it was something I couldn't do.

I couldn't let her get more roped into this world more than she already was.

I ended up not sleeping all night because Julia would have nightmares every hour.

I didn't mind comforting her considering how much shit I have put her through.

It was the least I could do.

When the sun came up, I carefully got out of bed so I could go downstairs.

I needed to talk to Sam to get his opinion on what to do. Sam had become really amazing at leading and his opinion meant so much to me.

When I got downstairs, I went to the kitchen seeing that Sam was making breakfast. "Hey, man." Sam said with a grin.

"Hey, you're making breakfast?" I asked as he nodded. "Yeah, I thought I'd be a good host." He said causing me to laugh. "Even though we trashed your house?" I asked and sat at the island.

"You didn't, some fucking dickheads did." Sam said and got me a glass of water.

"Yeah, I wish I could kill all three of them, because now they are just out there waiting to strike again." I said then scrubbed my face with my hands.

"Do you have a plan for that?" Sam asked as I shook my head. "Not at all. I can't keep putting Julia in danger like this. She's been through too much." I said as he nodded.

"I heard her yelling last night." He said quietly. "She had a little bit of a breakdown." I said then took a sip of water. "About?" He questioned, focusing on the eggs he was making.

"She knows I killed her dad and it kinda set her off. She's really upset about the fact that everyone she loves leaves her. She wanted to basically kill herself by leaving last night." I explained.

"Do you really blame her?" He asked and looked up at me. "Not really. She just doesn't understand that I left her because I loved her." I said with a sigh.

"She understands that, but it doesn't make it any better." He said as I nodded. "I guess." I said with a shrug as Katrina walked into the room.

"Ugh." Kat said as I nodded. "Katrina." I said as she waked over and kissed Sam. "Buttmunch." She said then squinted at me.

"What did I do?!" I asked with a laugh. "You're just an asshole." She said as Julia walked into the room, the sleeve of her sweatshirt caught between her teeth.

"Hey, Jules." Kat said with a small smile. "Hi." She said then looked at me. "When are we leaving?" She asked as I shrugged. "Eager?" I asked as she shrugged.

"It doesn't feel safe here." She mumbled. "We won't let anything happen to you, Jules. Want some breakfast?" Sam asked and portioned out some food on a plate.

Julia looked at him with an expression I couldn't really figure out, but took the plate of food.

"Thanks." She said quietly then sat down. "You guys should stay another night so you can figure things out." Sam said as I sighed.

"I don't know if it's a good idea to stay at the same place." I said and looked at Julia. She wouldn't look at me while she was eating her breakfast.

I couldn't tell if she was mad at me or what else was going on with her. I would have to pry later.

"Please stay! We miss Jules." Kat said as I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, and you'll miss her even more if she's dead." I snapped causing Kat to narrow her eyes.

"Stop saying shit like that! She is right here for fucks sake." Kat yelled, which was honestly shocking.

Katrina was like a little sister to me and she knew that but she definitely didn't lash out at me like this.

"Watch it." I said and narrowed my eyes at her.

"No! You're constantly saying Julia is danger and that she's gonna die but you aren't doing anything about it! It's fucking disgusting!" Kat yelled as my eyes widened.

I opened my mouth to talk but was interrupted by my phone ringing. "Hold on." I grumbled and grabbed the phone.

"What." I answered, seeing it was Will. "Mr. Brock, we have an issue." Will said as my face scrunched with confusion.

"What happened?" I asked and stood up, leaving the room.

"Adam escaped." He said as I groaned. "I gave you idiots ONE job. One. And you fucking fucked it up." I growled, feeling so much anger I thought my head might explode.

"I know, sir. I understand. Jeremy is on the hunt for him right now." He said as I shook my head.

"Good fucking luck with that. I don't know when I'll be returning to Seattle now. I don't have time for this so fend for your fucking selves." I said then hung up the phone.

I was irritated that the men I was trusting dropped the ball like this.

I had a feeling I was going to have to take some real action for this mistake.

People were going to die for it.

I walked back into the kitchen with a hard look on my face. "We have to go now." I said and walked up to Julia.

"What are you talking about?" She asked quietly and looked up at me.

"Now. We have to go now. Get up." I instructed. "Woah, can't you wait until after breakfast?" Sam asked as I shook my head.

"Adam escaped and I assume he knows we are here. We have to go now." I said and pulled Julia out of her chair.

"What do you mean he escaped?! Weren't they watching him?" She asked with a hint of annoyance in her voice.

"Yeah, they're idiots and I'll deal with them later. Come on." I said then pulled her out of the room and towards the stairs.

"What if I don't want to go?" Julia said as she stopped suddenly. "Don't do this right now, Jules. Please." I begged as she shook her head.

"I'm in control of my own life, I know the consequences and I don't care what happens." She said, her eyes watering.

"Just trust me, Julia. If you get taken, I can't come save you. I already made that mistake with them and that's why they keep pushing. If you get caught they're going to do things to you that ruin you forever." I explained, putting my hands on her upper arms.

"I don't care." She whispered as I shook my head. "Well I do, and I'm not leaving you." I said and took her hand, dragging her down the hallway again.

"Until it's convenient for you." Julia said under her breath. I decided to ignore that comment because she didn't need to know what was going on in my head.

She didn't need to know that leaving her again would be difficult.

It was what she wanted though and I was going to respect that.

When we got to her room I quickly packed up her bag, throwing things in without bothering how it looked.

We seriously needed to get out of here since the further away we got, the better off we would be.

"Can you relax?" Julia asked with annoyance. "No, Julia. I cannot." I said then zipped her bag up and threw it over my shoulder.

I then went to the room I was staying in so I could pack my bag.

This was a difficult situation because I had no idea where we were going. I just knew that we would have to hide for a while.

"Colby." Sam said, interrupting my thoughts. "What?" I asked and packed my bag. "Isn't this exactly what they want? Sam asked as I turned to look at him.

"What do you mean?" I asked blandly. "You're literally showing them how much you love her by running away with her. You're proving their point." He said as I clenched my jaw. "I don't love her." I said as he shook his head.

"You're fucking delusional. You know how stupid it is to do what you're doing right now but you're still doing it? Why?" He asked as I took a deep breath.

"Because I already fucked her up enough. It's the least I can do." I said as he nodded. "And because you still love her." He said as I shrugged.

"I'm not going to admit that." I said as he nodded.

"You don't have to." He said then left the room, leaving me by myself again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

308K 8.6K 170
Fourth book of the Lucky series.
612K 13.8K 181
The third book to the Lucky series. Hope you enjoy!
199K 4.1K 49
โ”€ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™๐™ค๐™ง๐™ž๐™ฏ๐™ค๐™ฃ ๐™ฉ๐™ง๐™ž๐™š๐™จ ๐™—๐™ช๐™ฉ ๐™ž๐™ฉ'๐™จ ๐™Ÿ๐™ช๐™จ๐™ฉ ๐™ฃ๐™ค๐™ฉ ๐™–๐™จ ๐™ ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™ค๐™ฃ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™š๐™ฎ๐™š๐™จ ๏ฝฅ๏พŸโœง | COMPLETED: 26 DECEMBER 2020 | When A...
677 2 11
"He's not just hunting us." Colby said. His hands were gripping the sides of my arms. Tears cupped his eyes. "He's ruining our lives." _ _ _ _ Thi...