Taming Chaos // J.M // The 100

By ItBeTimothy

Ethan Beckett craves fun and chaos over the nuisance of rules and demands. But when disagreements begin on th... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 2.2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 24.2
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
59. extra
59. extra
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111

Chapter 101

1.2K 82 55
By ItBeTimothy

"I'm sorry for not telling you about Bellamy, but you wouldn't have helped if you knew the truth." Clarke stands opposite Niylah, a troubled look on her face.

Cramming a bag with supplies he bartered from Niylah's shop, Ethan tilts his head up to watch them. His knees crack when he swings his bag over his shoulder and stands.

"You didn't give either of us the chance to find out." Niylah grits out. "Just go, Clarke."

Pursing her lips, upset at their shift in friendship, Clarke sighs, "You can't stay here. If you do, you'll end up just like my friend." She takes a step closer to emphasize, "You need to run."

Seria springs to her feet, "I have somewhere." She clears her throat when Niylah's eyes swing towards her, "Nearby."

Niylah smiles.

Clearing his throat in order to conceal an amused noise, Ethan swings his bag over his shoulder and stands. "Then it's all sorted." He nods, eyes passing between each other in a show of reliance.

When Clarke turns to leave, Ethan catches Seria's elbow and waits until the former has left the vicinity to answer her questioning stare.

"I'm going to Polis. . . someone I know is there," He hesitates, glancing to the side and back, to clarify, "My partner. And last I checked, that's where Indra was headed, too."

Seria sighs slowly through her nose, "Be safe?" And though feeling as agitated by Indra's disappearance, she frowns and warns him. "Du Commander bastabfou."

The new Commander, going by the name Ontari, sounds more alarming than Pike and Jaha combined. Because she's got power, a whole nation behind her, ones that don't hesitate when they hear their leader's final orders.

Ethan knows nobody can mold Murphy but Murphy. But it doesn't mean he can sit here and wait for him to make it out himself.

"I have to," He says, quietly, and pats her on the elbow before he lets go.

"Hod op."

Ethan watches her move around the counter, and dig through something in the corner. "Chit?" He asks, brows furrowed.

Unsheathing some sort of. . . long stick?

A spear. The design carved along the wood catches his eye when it's passed over, smooth in his hands but weighted evenly. Ethan parts his lips in awe, swinging the spear around in the space in front of him.

It feels good in his hands. Great, in fact.

"Are you sure?" He asks, running a finger over the edge and exhaling sharply the instance it draws blood.

"Safe." Seria nods, sternly, and crosses her arms.

Ethan smiles at her determination, "I promise."

She tilts her head, and smirks, "I know a way in."

The only problem now is telling the group that he's planning on splitting off when they hit Arkadia. It's unfair, he knows, but in the end, one of them needs to check what's happening at Polis.

Ethan pauses just before he enters the Rover, for two reasons. One, he still hates the metal contraption the others have already gotten used to, and two, his eyes land on the only available seat with a grimace. Beside a pale and barely conscious Raven. He looks at her and can't help but see the person ALIE made.

Raven turns her head, notices him staring, and sends him a weary smile.

Ethan purses his lips in an attempt back. It's when he hops in the Rover and the engine starts up, that she talks, "I'm-" she chews on the word, "sorry."

For a while there, he doesn't know how to respond.

"I didn't know." Raven tacks on.

"You could've asked," He drops his elbows to his knees, staring at the threads around his wrist. "I know he was helping you, but he was a prick, plain and simple. I defended myself."

Raven doesn't argue. "I should've. . . seen it. He was too good to be true. Helping me, no questions asked. And now I know there might've been a reason for it. You stopped him before he hurt anybody else." Her brows furrow, "I really am sorry. I just. . ." She shrugs, knowing what she says won't make up for the way she's acted.

Chewing on the inside of his lip, Ethan looks up at her, and finds it in himself to nod.

As much as he wants to make her feel how he felt. . . people on your side are a resource. It's the only way to survive on Earth, and it's best not to shun someone that's trying to make amends.

He'd take Raven over Jaha any day.

They can feel something wrong the minute they break through the trees. The hair on Ethan's arms stand on end, and he pulls himself forward to peak through the two front seats.

Arkadia's fallen. Gates sitting crooked on their hinges, the courtyard completely empty behind them.

When they exit the Rover, they're trying not to break the stifling silence that an empty community brings. Ethan does it for them, "They took the chip." He leans his weight on his left foot to give his throbbing ankle a break. "All of them."

"But where would they go?" Clarke asks.

"If ALIE wants more people, my best guess is Polis."

Bellamy nods in confirmation and Octavia joins their growing circle with Harley in tow, the click of the driver's door loud in the emptiness of their camp.

Ethan's still torn about his departure. He grinds his teeth together, willing himself to just say it. Get it over and done with.

"She's planning to take the Commander?" Octavia asks, lifting a brow. "Take one to take all?"

Ethan snatches up his chance before it leaves him. "There's only one way to find out." He nods, "I'll go."

Silence. All eyes are on him now.

"Ethan-"

He interrupts Octavia to reassure them, "I'll see what's happened to our people. You guys meet up with me after you find Luna, and I'll get you a way into the city. I'll be safe, I promise."

He's had it all planned out, now it's just up to them to accept it.

They share a clashing array of glances. Harley's close enough to hear them now, and frowns.

"Look, we need as much information as we can." Ethan shrugs, "And I'm exceptionally good at sneaking around."

Clarke sighs, and looks at the other two. She has to squint when the sun peaks out from the clouds to greet them. "He's not wrong. I just don't like us splitting up after everything."

"I know." Ethan nods, eyes sinking to the damp floor, "Trust me."

"If ALIE's trying to corrupt everyone in Polis, we need to know." Raven tactfully speaks up. She doesn't look at Ethan but for once, agrees with him.

Bellamy adds, "It'd be nice to know if they have Harper, Bryan, and Miller, too."

"You're not goin' alone." Harley drags his satchel from the back of the Rover, swinging it over his shoulder. When he meets the start of Ethan's conflicting stare, he holds up a single finger and hikes a brow, "Don't. I want no arguments."

Like a child caught with his hand in the cookie jar, Ethan pulls a face.

A blanket of comfort settles over the group. Sometimes they forget how genuinely uncorrupted Harley is, hovering far enough not to be overbearing, but close enough to strike when he needs to.

Ethan thinks it has something to do with what ALIE said. An orphan taking care of orphans.

"Okay." He nods, still glued to the spot.

Trying to stall and memorize their faces. Just in case.

"Seria found me a way in." Ethan's hand tightens around his bag strap, before pulling away to flick them a mock salute, "I'll see you guys on the other side."

Octavia moves first, shoving her way through the semi-circle they created and grabbing Ethan's arm, pulling him in.

Clarke meets his eyes with a hard stare, "Make it back this time."

A huff of sarcastic laughter is Ethan's retort.

0o0

I TOTALLY FORGOT TO TAG YOU GUYS THE FIRST TIME, BUT!

Thank you to squirtle1313 and CafesitoParaTi for the spear idea! I absolutely loved it, you guys are amazing 🥹

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

307K 8.6K 48
"You and me, Blake, we're the same. So don't talk down to me like I can't kick your ass. I may be small, but determination goes a long way. " Alyss...
16.6K 535 27
Bellamy Blake has always been in love with his best friend, will he will accept himself and tell his love for his friend or how he will protect the t...
52K 1K 25
COMPLETED [ BOOK ONE ] "Welcome to the new age." 2 years ago, I picked up the gun that had killed my father and used it to shoot the man who had sho...
282K 11.7K 58
ππˆπ‚πŠππŽπ‚πŠπ„π“ | ❝ you're important to me you piece of shit! ❞ in which nathaniel masteron and bellamy blake just can't stand each other. 𝐁𝐄...