afterglow {Anakin x Reader}

By rhysbowmanbooks

You are the princess of Naboo. After a bout of pressure from the Separatists, Princess Y/N has been taken hos... More

playlist
1. his fate will be the same as ours.
2. another happy landing.
3. brat.
4. you assume too much, Anakin.
5. you shouldn't have come here.
6. yeah, thats not going to happen.
7. I am not afraid of you.
8. do you believe in angels?
9. its a comfort thing.
10. you're unbelievable.
11. looks like I beat the master jedi.
12. whats a 'Soka?
13. he thinks I look pretty.
14. you tired to kiss me.
15. love?
16. shut your mouth, Princess.
17. frenemies or whatever.
18. you're not dying on me, (y/n).
19. I would do anything for you.
20. everything he did to me and you.
21. we'll both get out.
22. very well, thank you.
23. Anakin stupid Skywalker.
24. let's go to the meadows.
25. I love you.•
26. take me with you.
27. this isn't my Anakin.•
28. jedi scum.
29. yours. just yours.•
30. the dream team.
31. dead or alive.
32. he should be afraid.
33. he let go.•
34. you get me last.
35. whatever her fate is, mine is the same.
36. I was just a kid.
37. you hurt her.
38. painful.
39. long live the queen.
Act ll
40. oh.. we're doomed.
41. we really must stop meeting like this, Princess.•
42. bite me, Skywalker.
43. happy birthday, Princess•
44. i'll be safe, i promise.
45. supernova.
46. we need to talk.•
47. betrayal.
48. General Skywalker.
49. baby, come home.
50. in love and hate.
51. home.•
52 Rabellion.•
53. I'm here, princess.
54. hope•

55. nightmare.

1.7K 49 17
By rhysbowmanbooks

Trigger warning- mentions / slight descriptions of death of fmc + child. Read at your own risk or skip the nightmare scene (after italics)

Anakin's pov

She looked incredible. She wasn't wearing anything but a lacy bra and some cotton shorts, her stomach on full display. But even with the simplicity of it, she was beautiful.

"It's a girl.."

"How do you know?"

"Call it mother's intuition." She smiled surly, still moving her hand softly where our baby was resting safely within her.

"Well you believe it, so it must be true." I joke, listening to her laugh and shake her head. "I have the perfect name for her too." She laid down beside me, her head resting across my stomach.

"Oh prey tell, Princess." I ran my fingers through her soft hair as my other hand rested on her stomach, feeling our baby kick lightly.

"Nova." She said confidently, her small and nimble fingers tracing tingling patterns on my forearm.

"Nova," I said as I smiled, "Why Nova?"

"Because of our first anniversary.. When you took me to see that first Supernova. I knew it then that if we ever had a baby and it was a girl, she would be named Nova."

I smiled at her words, thinking about our first anniversary. Although it was a slightly tainted memory, I still wouldn't change any of it for anything. I wouldn't change any of the years we've had for anything. No matter how painful times were, it was all worth it to get here.

"Nova.." I mumbled, "It's perfect."

"Nova Shmi Skywalker." She whispered, making my movements stop and my eyes sting a bit. I haven't heard my mothers name in years, even less have I heard it come off of (y/n)'s lips.

"It's perfect." I managed to get out of my mouth, even if the words were a bit broken.

"And if by some sort of twist of reality I'm wrong, for a boy I like Ben. Ben Skywalker, it's such a pretty name, don't you think?" She looked up to me, her eyes sparkling in the light. 

I smiled, thinking of the time that Obi-Wan had to pretend to have a 'normal' name for a mission, and he chose Ben since it was what his name was in another language. We've been calling him that ever since.

"Ben Skywalker. It is pretty, but what would we do for a middle name?"

"Hmm, maybe we could try... Ben Mace Skywalker? I think Master Windu would approve." She started laughing at the face I gave her, making me shake my head in annoyance.

"Absolutely not. I'd chose Jar-Jar over Mace." She laughed even harder at that, and I couldn't help but laugh with her.

Her laugh was so intoxicating and infectious, so light and sweet. I could get drunk off her laugh alone, and when I see her smile I feel like I've been winded.

Her laugh died down, her eyes looking deep into my own. "Ben Jinn Skywalker. For Qui-Gon.." She whispered, sitting up and turning so that we were face to face now.

"It's perfect." I smiled, bringing her lips to my own as she smiled.

"Ah— Anakin— It hurts!" She cried, gripping my arm tightly as she stumbling in the hallway of the medical centre.

"I know, I know baby but we're almost there." I pulled her up from the wall, deciding on picking her up and racing down the hall. "Sir you can't—"

"She needs a doctor! Now!" I yelled, setting her down on a bed they had rushed out.

She was still screaming, holding her stomach as she cried. All I could feel was pain coming off of her. Something wasn't right, the baby wasn't due for a few more weeks and there was a lot of blood. Too much blood.

"Please just help her!" I begged as a doctor finally rushed out, barking out orders as they rushed her down the hallway.

"Sir you can't come any further, she needs surgery—"

"Like hell I'm not going!"

"It hurts!" She was sobbing so aggressively my heart broke. She was pale, sweating and heaving breaths in and out like her life depended on it.

And I feared that it just might.

"There's no time to argue, get her prepped for surgery now!" He yelled as they walked her into the private room.

"Ani please don't go. Stay, please." She begged as she gripped my hand with the most force I had ever felt from her.

"I'm not going anywhere, baby. I promise." I gripped her hand back, kissing her knuckles gently.

"I'm scared.." She whispered, a slow tear falling down her cheek.

"I know, love. It's okay. It'll be okay, it'll be over soon." I tried reassuring her, the last thing she needs is for me to be scared too. Even if I am.

I've never felt so afraid in my life.

She nodded, but then her face contorted in pain as she let out another groan. I closed my eyes, willing myself to calm down just a bit. I had to be strong. Strong for her. Strong for all three of us.

But the entire time we were in that room, all she did was scream and beg for it to stop. I tried, I tried so hard to fix it. To fix all of it.

"I.. I'm so sorry—"

"Get out!"

The room cleared in seconds.

All that was left was silence. No breathing, no screams, from either of them.

Fuck.

I jolted awake when I felt hands on me, sitting up and breathing heavily.

"Ani, baby it's okay." (y/n) spoke softly, her hands holding my face as she forced me to look at her.

"W-what—"

"It was just a bad dream Anakin. I'm okay, we're okay." She nodded, and I realized I must have been talking during my dream. My nightmare.

"Y-you died, (y/n). You—"

"Anakin I'm here. I'm not going anywhere." She kissed my cheek, "It's just a bad dream." She smiled softly, nodding to continue convincing me.

But it was too late, I've already began spiralling.

"I lost you.. And I lost Nova. Everything was just gone." I shook my head, and she nodded as she listened, letting me say what I needed to say. "I couldn't help you. I couldn't save you or her. I couldn't save our baby. I couldn't do anything." I felt tears building up in my eyes, but I didn't care. I was scared— terrified, of that being my reality.

"Oh Ani.. I'm so sorry.." She pulled me into her arms, holding me tightly to her. "I promise that I'm okay."

"You died giving birth, and then Nova died too. I felt so helpless.." I cling to her, making sure she's real and that she's still here.

"My love, I'm not going to die during child birth. I swear. I could never do that to you, or whatever future child we have. I'm here, I'm not going anywhere." She spoke so confidently, I almost felt stupid for even thinking she would.

"But bab—"

"No, Anakin. I'm not dying. I'm not going anywhere. I promise you, it's only a dream, it isn't anything more. If it makes you feel better, we can talk to Master Yoda, or you can talk to him alone. But I promise, if my life was really in danger we'd know." She held my face in her hands, looking deep into my eyes with the utmost certainty. "I love you too much to leave you, especially like that."

And she was right. She's so hard headed, so stubborn she never would die on me. She'd do just about anything to stay with me, just like I would with her. Like we've done for each other so many times. She wouldn't die on me.

(y/n) would never, wouldn't she?

(y/n)'s pov

How do you comfort your grieving husband when he technically has nothing to grieve over?

How do you comfort your husband when he has dreams about you dying? About your future daughter dying?

How do you comfort your husband when he told you that your daughter's name was Nova, even though you've never told him that's the name you wanted?

How could he have known if there wasn't some truth to his dreams?

He's told me in the past when he had dreams of the people closest to him like this, they died. He told me every gruesome detail of the night when his mother died. And the sand people.

I don't want that to be our fate too.

I didn't end up back to sleep after Anakin's nightmare. I stayed awake to make sure he fell asleep, and that he was okay. He's currently got his head laying on my chest, his arms wrapped around me tightly. I don't mind, I could stay like this forever.

The sun was beginning to peer through the skyline, shining a slight orange hew into the bedroom and across the sheets. I let out a deep breath, kissing Anakin's forehead before I slipped out of the bed and he rolled over onto his other side.

I needed to do something to cheer him up. I first decided on getting ready for the day, wearing all of his favourites. His favourite perfume, his favourite makeup look, his favourite hair style— which is just my hair curled and in a messy bun with random pieces falling out around, I don't know why. His favourite bra and panties set and one of his favourite dresses I own.

He says he loves me in the colour red. He loves me in my favourite colours and the dresses I usually wear, but he said that red makes me look as powerful as I am. That I look 'badass and sexy'. Red isn't usually a colour I go for, but today is about him and the things he needs to feel better.

I snuck out of the room, going down to get us both some food. He has to go to the temple for training today, so he'll need to eat before he goes. He spends all those months away and he looses too much weight, although he's still incredibly muscular. I don't know how he does it. But since he's back more often, he's put back on the weight and has gotten even more muscular. Personally, I love it. I love being wrapped up in his big arms, and feeling his strong chest under my finger tips. His hair is also longer, and I love running my fingers through it.

"Come back to bed." I heard his voice before I felt his hands on me, wrapping around my waist from behind.

I smiled, turning slightly in his grip to meet his eyes, "I'm making you breakfast, handsome. Why don't you go back to bed so I can finish my plan of breakfast in bed?"

He smiled softly, "Why can't you just be my breakfast in bed?" He nipped at my neck softly, making me shutter.

"Mm, because you have a big day ahead of you.."

"All the more reason to rest a little longer.." His lips trailed up from the base of my neck and to my jaw, raising bumps on my skin and forcing me to take in a shallow breath.

Since yesterday, when I told him about Yoda, my whole entire soul and body feels like it's on fire around him. Like before I had held back the slightest bit, my body getting stomach pains and random bouts of anxiety when we were together, because of the impending doom of us. As badly as I wanted— and believed, we could have a future, there was always that speck of doubt.

But not anymore.

There was absolutely no doubt in my mind that we were going to be okay. That we'd make it to that future, to that meadow with our three children, to holding hands as we walk through the streets. To our lake house, sending our children off to the Jedi temple to learn from their father and other teachers while I fought to keep the galaxy safe for them. So they could go back to being peace keepers, not warriors.

"Okay.. Just let me finish.." I mumbled, lost in the thoughts of his lips on my body.

"That's the idea, love."

We never made it to the bed. No, he took me with his mouth first on the counter, then bent me over the dining room table before we sat together for breakfast. My cheeks the same shade as my dress as he just smirked at me and sipped on his coffee.

"You're a menace." I shook my head, smiling slightly.

"You like it." He smirked again, setting his empty mug down.

"Hmm, I don't know." I smiled as he gathered the dishes, stopping beside me to place a chaste kiss on my cheek before walking towards the kitchen.

Mother fucker didn't even put a shirt back on.

Anakin had gotten dressed quickly, and when I went to order our speeder be brought down, he told me he'd rather walk today. He said he wanted to take his time, that he wanted to spend as much time with me as possible.

I surprisingly had one day off, and as much as I wanted to spend it with him, he had a new group of Clones to help train.

Anakin and I walked closely, chatting up a storm and laughing as we walked through the few blocks from the apartment to the Temple. Anakin seemed happier, more relaxed than he was last night. I was glad, and I was glad he agreed to possibly talk to Master Yoda.

If anyone could help him, it would be him.

We stopped in front of a large poster, one that had Anakin's face plastered over it. The words 'fearless hero' marked under it. Anakin scoffed from beside me,

"The fearless hero.. What a load of garbage." He laughed bitterly.

"Why do you say that?" My brows furrowed, the instinct to reach for his hand tingles on my fingertips. I felt a sense of deep dread as I caught the look on his face.

He turned to face me, an intense and vulnerable look in his eyes. "Because I'm not fearless, (y/n). I'm terrified every waking moment."

———————

sorry you were robbed, I promise another anakin pov smut soon 🫶🏻

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 73 23
Lovisa Amidala, the younger daughter of King Ruwee and Queen Jobal, and the sister of Princess Padme Amidala, the heir of Naboo. Or, Lovisa Amidala...
7.6K 257 36
"She was right there ... in my arms ... dying." Two years have passed since Anakin Skywalker's mother died, and Anakin is struggling to focus on the...
18.9K 517 32
In a galaxy far far away you become 21-year-old Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker's padawan, a dream come true. Right? As it turns out, Anakin is the most...
184K 4.6K 68
Y/n is a Jedi padawan of the old republic who fought in the war against the sith empire. This was until one day while fighting against enemy forces...