Love or Rainbows (Twenty-five...

By TuesdayJuru

As a crazy fan of this show, I am unwilling to accept that Baek Yijin and Na Heedo's relationship ended so ba... More

On This Side of the Rainbow
On This Side of Love
Skipping From Red to Blue
It's in the Act of Doing
A Vibrant, Flourishing Green
The Greatest of Three
Thirty-Five, Thirty-One
Of Answers and Happiness
Soft Oranges and Deep Blues
Loud Yellows and Mellow Reds
A Leap of Faith
Love is all the Colors of the Rainbow

Hope Lives Here!

103 4 1
By TuesdayJuru

"Na Heedo, grab a ginger ale for me, thanks!"

Seung Wan called after Heedo's retreating figure that was heading towards the kitchen. They were currently at Ji Woong and Yurim's house babysitting Moon Hee Jin, their six months old daughter. The couple had taken advantage of an awards night to honour Ji Woong's achievements as a businessman, to go on a date and spend some time together.

"Here. Yah, leave Yurim a message. They should grab some fruits from the grocery store, these are the last strawberries." Heedo said, walking past Seung Wan, bowl of fruits in hand and joining her on the living room rug. Seung Wan had volunteered to babysit their niece since it was her day off and Heedo had joined her after work since Yijin was on a work trip.

"Yah, just tell Sunbae to pick some up. Don't disturb them, it's been a while since they had some alone time." Seung Wan replied, her hand reaching for the bowl that Heedo pushed towards her.

"Alright, alright. I'll call Sunbae. Ahjumma, do you know you are more long-winded these days since you got married? Yurim too." Heedo retorted cheekily, rolling away from Seung Wan who was swatting at her.

"Tch, hateful. Then you get married to Sunbae so we can all be long-winded together. Meanie. Call Sunbae!" Seung Wan snapped, grabbing the remote to increase the volume on the drama she was watching. Choi Young was swearing to return Yoo Eun Soo to her timeline once she healed the Queen and everything settled down.* She was so invested, she ignored the face Heedo made at her.

(*A/N: remember they were in 2011 in the previous chapter. This is months after in August 2012)

Heedo dialed Yijin's number and when it connected, she sighed unconsciously at his voice. There was just something about his voice that made her feel like she was being hugged and she remembered their payphone conversations. These days, they regularly left each other voice messages in cased they missed the other in the morning, or when an emergency came up. Those voice notes were her accompaniment to sleep most days.

"Na Heedo, are you missing me?" Yijin teased on his end, as he strolled to a secluded part of the set. He had been invited to do an exclusive interview on some inmates who were punished by an unfair law that was currently under debate in the National Assembly. The major supporters of the law were also being interviewed and he was minutes away from leaving the main set when Heedo called.

"Baek Yijin ssi, this arrogance of yours cannot be fixed anymore if you don't fight it." At her words, he chuckled and asked, "what's up? How are my favorite girls?" "Well, one of them is acting crazy while watching Lee Min Ho, one of them is asleep and the other wants fruits, ice cream and cookies." Heedo replied, twisting her body like a twisted donut* much to the disgust of Seung Wan.

*(Kkwabaegi is a popular snack in South Korea)

"Hmm, well, kiss the sleeping one for me, tell the crazy fan that she's married and the ice cream loving baby gets what she wants as long as she can wait for two hours." Seung Wan annoyed at the last statement, replied, "Hey, Lee Min Ho is God's gift to us okay?!" Laughing, Heedo walked away from the living room to the veranda while keeping up with  their conversation, "You're finally done right? You don't have to go back next week again?"

Waving at a passing colleague, Yijin answered, sighing, "Well, the rest of the work left is in Seoul. So that will be all I guess. Don't worry, I'm alright. I've been taking care of myself and I didn't catch a cold okay?" On his last trip, Yijin had completed his report while battling a fever. He had to leave his car and return in the staff vehicle which had ultimately taken him to the hospital when he fainted from the fever. He woke up to a pissed off Heedo and was an obedient as a lamb while she scolded him. Angry Heedo was a sight to behold as long as the anger was not directed at you. His juniors had choked on their laughter at him being scolded when she cut a glare at one of them foolish enough to make his presence known with a giggle.

"I'll be careful, I promise, okay? And don't worry I'll drop you home myself, feel free to blame me for going home late then." Yijin said, smiling as he looked down.

"Fine. By the way, are you going with me to Min Chae's second birthday party? I need to RSVP by tomorrow." Heedo said.

Sighing, Yijin answered, "I'll go, if her godmother must be there, then her godmother's boyfriend will be present as well. It's on Saturday right?"

"Yeah, thank you. I know how difficult it is for you to do this." Heedo said, her tone grateful. Sighing again, Yijin replied, "you obviously care about this, I can't say no to excited Heedo. I'll hang up, my attention is needed here. Rainbows and Hearts."

"Rainbows and Hearts. Don't forget the frui-"

"Fruits, ice cream and cookies, got it. Bye." Yijin replied and laughed.

Ending the call, Heedo smiled at the phone before answering Seung Wan who was calling her attention from boredom. There are a short commercial playing in between the drama. "Why do you guys say Rainbows and Hearts? I've always been curious about it." Seung Wan asked, offering her a strawberry before grabbing the last one.

Smiling, Heedo replied, "Because that's what we are." Even more confused and wanting to question further, Seung Wan noticed her friend was taken by memories and left her, shaking her head. This one is a lost cause, she thought.

******************

After the owners of the house as well as Yijin returned, they were roundly kicked out in the midst of plenty of "thank yous" and "we'll talk". Grabbing their wife and girlfriend, Yijin and Yihyun chatted as the girls giggled and exchanged lines about the drama episode they just watched. After dropping off Seung Wan and Yihyun who had a work party and couldn't drive, Yijin drove Heedo home.

On arriving at her house, the two stayed in the car chatting, reluctant to let the other go. Running out of things to talk about, they sat in comfortable silence as they dwelled on their own thoughts. Eventually making a decision, they turned to each other and spoke at the same time:

"Can I follow you home tonight?"
"Will you marry me?"

Pausing, they looked at each other and laughed, finding each other silly. Recovering first, Heedo spoke surprised, "You proposed?"

"Yes, I did. What do you think?" Yijin replied, his eyes bellying his nervousness.

"Do you think we are ready for it? I feel like we will be more disappointed in each other if we fail at it." Heedo answered, fidgeting with her house keys.

"Well I can't speak about everything but what I know. And I know that we love each other, we will not betray each other and we will give our best to be together and keep our promises, no matter what. I think that's enough." Yijin returned, holding her hand and kissing it reassuringly.

"Alright, but I want a short engagement so that I don't give up halfway." Heedo said, smiling as he realized she just consented.

After hugging each other and exchanging affections for a while, Yijin reached for his glove compartment and grabbed a ring box, turning to face Heedo once again.

"I bought this ring on the day of Seung Wan and Yihyun's engagement party. I was determined that if we met again, I will do everything in my power to prove my love for you again, and when you wanted me, to marry you." Opening the ring box to reveal a diamond ring with a yellow centre piece and a simple band, he continued, "I know you will always think of your gold medal as your greatest achievement, thus the yellow diamond, but I hope you will yourself free reign to dream and to be happy with me and I promise to be in love with you everyday. I love you, Na Heedo."

Smiling and tearful, Heedo answered at a whisper, "I love you more."

A/N:  *clears dust* 🧹🧹🧹🧹
Sorry hehehe 😅. I know, life has been lifing. I hope you enjoy the chapter though. There's one more chapter before we say our goodbyes and I let YiDo live in their own world. Till then, please check out my other works. Live and Love 💕💕💕

PS. This is Heedo's ring, I think it's lovely

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

149K 8.5K 90
What happens when two best friends are forced to get married? Two boys, totally opposites of each other are forced to get married to each other. Unf...
8.2K 345 31
after coming to terms with his sexuality, san realizes he's fallen for his band mate, wooyoung. when their relationship becomes exposed, will they be...
12.3K 552 112
It an story thats based on more love drama than one. We have the main person Y/n and her members in the new Kpop group called Starlight. Y/n wil get...
117K 7.6K 15
Where Kim Seokjin visits the famous sex therapist Jeon Jungkook.💜❣ Main ship. Jinkook💘 𝗛𝗶𝗴𝗵𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝗥𝗮𝗻𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴: [#3 𝗶𝗻 𝗞𝗼𝗼𝗸𝗷𝗶𝗻] It'...