It's in the Act of Doing

7 years after...

"Thanks a lot ma'am" Heedo said with a smile, grabbing the cake box. Today was her mother's birthday and her retirement was some days ago. They had not had time to celebrate it because of their schedules; her preparing for the Olympics, her mum retiring and moving from work.

Heedo got into her car and drove off from the bakery. She still preferred riding the bus but fame made it harder to have a quiet trip. She and her mum were once again alone on this day; Kim Jun Ho had left for San Francisco earlier due to his sponsorship schedule.

Heedo knew the questions her friends and her mum had about her marriage: do you really love Kim Jun Ho? Are you really happy with him? Do you believe in him and support him like you did Baek Yijin?

In all honesty, Heedo will willingly admit to not loving Kim Jun Ho as much as she did Baek Yijin, but for her, Kim Jun Ho was stability and sharing, something she needed at this point of her life. She believed she was happy and comfortable and that was more than any other person could get.

Kim Jun Ho had always been a part of her life as a fencer; he was an Olympic silver medalist already when she joined the team and was a good senior to every fencer on the team. His career had been smooth sailing without hiccups; he was good at what he did and was recognized for it.

He also had a great family; his parents and sister were the most lovable people she knew apart from her friends and loved ones. Theirs was a natural fit career wise and personality wise so when he asked her out, and two years later proposed to her, she had no reason to say no.

Seung Wan had said once, that maybe she was happy because she didn't believe that there was more for her to look forward to. Heedo thought she was right. She had intentionally done away with all the things she associated with Baek Yijin to make this relationship work: she avoided running around, she wore trainers without laces, she never used payphones and she stopped journalling.

Yurim likened their relationship to her relationship with Baek Yijin. She asked her why she was forgivable but Yijin wasn't. Heedo had thought about it for a long time but still didn't have a good answer. Maybe she was wrong, maybe she was too hasty and selfish in her decision then. But she was not sorry for creating distance between them. That distance allowed her see what her life would be without Yijin in it, and it...

Heedo braked suddenly at the traffic light signal. She suddenly remembered that she had forgotten her chestnut pie at Lee Yeji's bakery. She sighed and turned back; both then and now, her ability to be wrapped up in Baek Yijin and all things related to him remained. She found herself doing it more and more these days since Seung Wan's dad funeral.

As she navigated to make a U-turn, Heedo wondered if this counted as cheating against her husband and if she had to tell him. She wondered even more why she didn't feel bad about it...

A/N: What do we think? Please tell me in the comments. I need to know if I'm doing alright 😅😅
Live and Love!!!