Aftermath

Bởi heartlessbrock

This is the sequel to Chaos. Hope you enjoy! Xem Thêm

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
114
115
116
117
118
119
120
121
122
123
124
125
126
Not a chapter

20

4K 81 168
Bởi heartlessbrock

Colby's POV

It's been a couple weeks since I left Spokane. I wanted to stay longer to keep stalking Michael Octavia but he wasn't being nearly as shady as I thought he would be.

He just seemed like a cop who was dating my ex.

I had to come back to Seattle to keep things running here. I couldn't waste any more time being somewhere else.

"Did you get him?" Will asked as I got back into the car. We had just finished the hit list we were given from Mark Walters.

It had actually been really fun getting to kill off some people.

It sounded so dark and twisted but there was something satisfying about getting a hit list done.

"Yeah." I said coldly and started the car. "What do we do now that it's over?" Will asked as I rolled my eyes. "Continue of the Adam case." I said and started to drive.

"Any new developments on it?" Will asked as I shook my head.

"He's still on the loose. There were a couple murders that took place in Wilbur. That's my next place to visit." I said and focused on the road.

"Bringing anyone?" He asked as I rolled my eyes. "No. No more questions." I said coldly and drove to base.

I wasn't interested in keeping conversation about my whereabouts.

When we got to base I went to my office and logged into my computer.

There was some work I needed to get done before I was able to finally go home.

I spent almost no time at home anymore and I was looking forward to it.

I was about halfway through my work when there was a knock on the door. "Ugh. WHAT?!" I growled, looking towards the door with a venomous glare.

"Hey, uh...you're gonna need to see this." Jeremy said as I rolled my eyes. "It better be fucking important." I said and stood up, walking towards him with an angry glare.

I fucking hated being interrupted more than anything in the world.

I especially hated it when all I wanted to do was go home.

We walked down the hallway until we got to the infirmary.

Part of me was concerned one of my men got hurt, but the other part knew I wouldn't be pulled from my office if that was the case.

When we walked into the room, I felt my heart drop to my stomach.

Julia was laying on the bed with an IV attached to her. She was pale and her lips were a bluish color.

"What the fuck is she doing here?" I asked and clenched my jaw.

"I found her in her car in front of Jack's house. I know things didn't work out with you guys but I couldn't leave her like that." Jeremy explained nervously.

I was angry that he brought her here, but I was even more angry that she was in this position.

What was she doing in Seattle anyways and where the fuck were her siblings? Did her new boyfriend do this to her?

"We gave her a narcan because she very clearly overdosed." Jeremy said as sighed.

She was addicted to pills again.

I closed my eyes for a second before turning to leave the room. "I'll take care of it. Nobody touches her until I'm done with my work." I said then turned and left the room.

I didn't want to show any emotion towards this because that was dangerous.

I had to pretend like seeing her like that didn't effect me.

When I got back to my office I went to work immediately. I needed to get this shit done so I could go the fuck home.

It was hard to focus because so many questions were swirling around in my mind.

Did Julia's boyfriend do this to her? Did he hurt or take her siblings? What would cause her to overdose in front of our dealers house?

Not to mention she was almost five hours away from where she lived.

I didn't want her to be roped back into my life but these questions couldn't go unanswered.

I was finally able to finish my work before I went back to the infirmary. Julia was still sleeping but she looked like she had more life in her.

Thank God.

"What are you gonna do with her?" Jeremy asked as he put his phone down. "I'm gonna take her home." I said and started to disconnect her from the machines.

"You know where she lives?" He asked as I nodded. "Yeah, I'm taking her back to my place though. I don't want her here." I said then lifted her up and into my arms.

She has lost so much weight since the last time I saw her. It was crazy considering it was only a few weeks ago.

It made me wonder if she was on a drug bender and that's why she didn't have the kids with her.

"Get back to work." I said to Jeremy then left with Julia in my arms.

I made my way to the car and laid her in the back seat.

"What am I doing?" I asked to myself and groaned at how quickly I fell for this shit.

There was a reason I fucking left her and it needed to fucking stay that way.

She would stay with me until tomorrow then she needed to leave.

I couldn't have her here.

When I got to my apartment building I got her out of the car and made my way inside.

I ignored the looks I was getting since it wasn't a common thing to carry an unconscious girl around.

When I got upstairs I went into my bedroom and laid Julia on the bed.

She was wearing a short black dress for whatever reason so I sat her up and carefully unzipped it, putting her in one of my tshirts.

I didn't bother putting any pants on her since the tshirt covered her up.

I knew she was probably going to be pissed off that I was doing all of this but it was the least I could do after what happened.

Besides, it wasn't like I was taking advantage of her.

Once she was dressed I got her tucked into the bed then grabbed a blanket and went to sleep on the couch.

My body was buzzing with adrenaline and questions.

It felt like I was in a dream, or honestly a nightmare.

The fact that Julia was back in my life scared the absolute fuck out of me.

When I saw her in Spokane I thought that was it. It was the one 'seeing your ex in public' moment that needed to happen after the breakup.

I wasn't expecting her to end up in my base, overdosing on God knows what.

I groaned and scrubbed my face with my hands just as my phone started ringing.

"Hello?" I asked and kept my eyes closed. "Hey, man. You sound stressed." Sam answered as I chuckled.

"Well I have a half naked ex girlfriend in my bed right now." I grumbled causing him to gasp slightly.

"You fucking slept with Jules?" Sam asked as I shook my head.

"No. Jeremy found her unconscious in front of our dealers house. She overdosed." I explained.

"Holy shit. Is she okay?" Sam asked as I shrugged. "I don't know. I took her home with me since I didn't want her at the base." I explained.

"I'm taking her back home tomorrow then leaving. I can't be seen with her." I said and stood up, pacing the room.

"Maybe this was a sign that you two are meant to be together." Sam suggested. "I don't know what it means, but the kids weren't with her." I said then let out a deep breath.

"Something must have happened. Julia wouldn't leave them like that." Sam said as I went to get my cigarettes.

"I don't have the patience to find out. I can't get roped in with her again. It's not safe." I said then went onto the balcony.

"Be honest. Did you ever stop loving her though?" Sam asked as I shook my head.

"I forgot she existed." I said, not telling the full truth.

I tried to forget about her. I tried to move on with my life without the what ifs.

It was hard though.

For almost two years I spent so much time wondering if I made the right choice. The last two years I spent delving into work so hard I couldn't think about her.

Now she was here, and sleeping in my bed.

I could feel the regret creeping in. It wasn't fair to take her here while she was unconscious.

I knew it was the right thing to do though.

"I don't believe that for a second." Sam said as I rolled my eyes. "Well believe it. I gotta go. I'm tired." I said then hung up.

I ended up smoking two cigarettes on the balcony, contemplating my life decisions.

Maybe Sam was right and that this was a sign. Maybe I was meant to cross paths with her again, to make things right.

Or maybe I just made the worst decision I could ever possibly make.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

12.8K 124 23
there's some swearing and stuff ykyk not gonna say anything hope you enjoy it :) trigger warnings will be in the beginning of each chapter!!!⚠️⚠️ 26...
30.8K 557 170
Little Stories about the reader and Colby. If you have requests comment them in the comments on the stories.
307K 8.6K 170
Fourth book of the Lucky series.
6.7K 299 29
The sequel to Asylum.