Henry Creel - Short Stories

By lostgirlriddle1926

Henry's story is so inspiring, so here's a collection of short stories and one shots about him. If you have i... More

Requests suspended
Pt 1 - 111 // Hope in the past
Pt 2 - Hope in the past
Pt 3 - Hope in the past
Pt 4 - Hope in the past
001xReader // Under the Table
001xReader // Run, girl, run
Pt 2 // Run, girl, run
001xReader // Lost Friend
001xReader // When the Sun Sets
Henry×Reader // The Dragonfly and the Spider
001xReader // Test Subjects
Henry x Chrissy // Modern AU
001xReader // Labour of Love
001xReader // Join Me
Pt 1 - Henry x Reader // Your New Boss
Pt 2 - Your New Boss
Extra - Your New Boss
Henry x Reader // Happy Halloween 🎃
001 x Reader // Forbidden Fruit
001 x Reader // Animals
001 x Reader // Bad Blood
111 // Rewrite the Stars
Henry x Reader // A White Christmas

Pt 3 - Your New Boss

474 7 3
By lostgirlriddle1926

- Story requested by eliza_santiago3 💕

You start to get used to your new job.
You and Henry found a balance to make things work.
Until he announces that he needs to travel to another continent for an important meeting and he begs you to accompany him.
You always dreamed of travelling, but when you got your twins, you couldn't afford to travel much anymore. And you hate to be too far from them.

Henry also insists for you to visit his apartment, until you decide to trust him a bit.
It's an expensive place as you expected, but not too ostentatious.
And some details are so accurate that you instinctively feel at home.
But that's not your home, you remind to yourself, crossing your arms tightly on your chest.
Yet, it looks as you used to dream it to be.
"Can I offer you something to drink at least?" Henry asks after you insisted for it to be a quick visit.
"I'm fine, really" you say looking around his kitchen "It's a breathtaking place. I can't believe you live here on your own".
"You can stay here until you believe it" he suggests "I don't see why others should come here. Here's my haven, where I can be myself".
You haven't seen the half of it, but you already feel the need to flee before things become hard to handle.
"Well, thank you for showing me. I really have to go. It's getting late and you know how I hate traffic".
"No chance to accompany you?".
You shoot him a warning look "Don't push your luck. You're home. Relax and take some rest. You look exhausted as I am".
He accompanies you to his door "Will you ponder my offer? I need to know within this week".
"I'll let you know as soon as I'm ready. Goodnight, boss" before you get second thoughts, you lean to kiss his cheek. Just a quick peck.
And that's enough to see him surprised and less sad.

"Don't let this become a habit" you warn as few days later he manages to persuade you to go to his apartment again.
"You still don't trust me? This place is safe for you as it is for me. So, I assume you have an answer?".
You take a deep breath "I want to give it a try. I'll come with you to Seoul, but just a quick trip, no longer than a couple of days as you promised".
His smile is so shining like suddenly the sun appeared into the room.
He cuts your distance but before doing something he can regret, he kneels in front of you and grabs your hand, kissing it.
"Thank you, Y/N. I was becoming hopeless. But this is the biggest news I could dream of. It will be fun, you'll see".
You scoff to hide your embarassment and free your hand from his worshipping lips to pull him on his feet again.
"I won't enjoy it that much if I'll get sick worried for my kids. I've never been so far from them before. My parents agreed to look after them, but I can't stop worrying".
"You can keep in touch with them. Free phone calls are included in the offer. And I need to give you your ticket".
He turns and walks to his bedroom, the place you wanted to avoid at any cost, but curiosity wins.
You cross your arms and watch him pulling out his already prepared luggages.
The room is very nice and the bed is clearly used only by a single person.
But soon you notice the framed picture on the nighttable.
"Your ticket" Henry hands you the piece of paper "And also your renewed passport".
"Great" you mumble trying to pretend you weren't watching his bed, but then you can't resist and ask that question.
"Why that picture?" you blurt nodding at his bed "I've never understood why you like it. I looked so silly".
"You looked so perfect and real" he corrects you, turning to look at that picture, where a happy younger you is laughing at the camera "It reminds me of the time when I was capable of making you laugh and I believed I could make you happy".
You try to swallow but your throat is tied.
"Well, I was happy" you murmur and walk out of the room, looking down at the papers in your hand. For a moment you already regret your choice.
But no. Past is past. You can't live in the past and forget to live your present.
"You can't run away this time. I've prepared dinner for us and now we have one more reason to celebrate" he says following you.
You turn to shot him an intrigued look "Did you learn to cook on your own?".
"I never forgot when you tried to teach me. I just felt more motivated to improve when I was on my own".
Your heart aches again at another wave of memories that tease you.
"Fine. Let's see how much you improved".

The dinner is more enjoyable than you expect.
Until you start to imagine how it would be if Henry is back into your life. You two and the twins, living together in the same house, having breakfast and dinner together, spending the weekends together on adventures. You two watching your kids growing up until they follow their dreams and the two of you grow old together, facing storms and sunny days side by side, trusting and relying on each other.
"What?" you snap when you notice Henry's staring at you from the other side of the table.
"You look so beautiful that I wish to take a picture of you to make this moment immortal".
You struggle not to feel flattered and look at your empty glass "It must be the wine. Your vision is blurred".
"Do you really like it?" he asks softly after a pause.
"What? The wine? You know this is my favourite".
He looks around "This apartment. I chose it remembering all the things you wanted for the future house we didn't manage to buy. I didn't care of adding furnitures. I added only what I thought you would like".
You narrow your eyes at him "You bought this place for yourself. Why caring of what I liked?".
"Because if it was for myself, I would be homeless and sleeping under some bridge, as I deserve, after what I did".
You sigh in disapproval "You're being too cruel to yourself".
"Am I? What punishment do you think is fit for me then? After all I did to you? To us?".
You hold his stare, then you say bluntly.
"I've seen hell because of you. I fell into depression, I had the darkest thoughts because of you. But I couldn't even afford to be that selfish because my kids had only me. They needed me, even if I was so broken. Yeah, I hoped your life was wasted as mine. But now, I'm proud of what you achieved. You already punished yourself enough. So, stop being so harsh to yourself and enjoy your new life".
You notice how his eyes are now teary after they stared at you, drinking every word from you.
He lowers them as he lowers his head, pressing a fist on his trembling lips.
You watch him in silence, letting him take his time to collect himself.
"You don't know how much your words mean to me".
"I see that" you say with a soft smile.
"So, is there a chance that you forgive me? That in my new life, I can include you?".
"As more than your employee?" you inquire.
"Yes".
You swallow hard "Do you still want me?".
"Always. It's you or I'll be lonely for the rest of my life. Just don't feel like you owe me anything. I respect your freedom. So be honest with me if you want me out of your private life".
You're not sure about what you want. "I've been pondering the idea of letting you meet our children" you admit checking his reaction.
His eyes shine with surprise and new excitement, but he doesn't overreact.
"Have you?" his voice is husky.
"Isn't it what you want?".
"Only if it's fine with you. You know how much it means to me if you and I can at least work together. I have no right to impose myself into your life" he says diplomatically.
"I'm trying to choose what's the best for them, not for me. They always suffered the lack of a paternal figure. They are growing up and when they start to compare themselves to the others, they will start to ask. I won't introduce you to them as their father. Not yet. You invited me to visit your home. I invite you to visit mine. Let's see if it can work?".
You chench your jaw after you finish your speech. You don't want to be emotional in front of him. And he's struggling too.
"Suddenly I feel like the luckiest man again, after all these years. Are you sure?".
You stand up, although your legs feel like jelly.
"You earned it, Henry. Thank you for your patience with me".
He imitates you and then walks closer to you, his shining blue eyes never leaving yours.
"You never need to thank me for anything. I owe you so much. I...".
You see him hesitate and close his mouth.
"What?" you encourage him.
He swallows and wipes a hand on his face, trying to fight back the tears in his eyes "I'm sorry".
"What for?".
"Just being emotional" he smiles nervously.
"What were you about to say?" you ask softly.
"I don't want to overstep".
"I insist. Can we be truly honest?".
He breathes deeply, staring at you lile fearing to see you vanish in front of him. Then he breaks.
"I never stopped loving you, Y/N. I love you so much and I realized how much only when I lost you. I just don't want to lose you again".
His words sink deeper than you want to let them.
You look at his reddened cheeks, at his slightly shaking skin, at his parted lips.
"You won't lose me. If you learn to trust me and stop listening to silly gossip" you reproach him looking back into his torn eyes.
"I've learned that lesson. Your voice is all I listen to now" he assures you.
And yet he stands petrified in front of you. When you expect him to the take some initiative.
"Sometimes you're an idiot, when you treat me so delicately, instead of just taking what you want" you spit out, unable to contain your frustration anymore.
He blinks, frowning in confusion at you.
"Y/N?".
You are tired of speaking, so you shut him up pressing your lips on his.
You feel him hesitate under your touch, then he persuades himself that it's what you want and starts to kiss you back.
Damn, you missed the taste of him.
You pull him closer to you, surrendering to the familiar fire that had been cold for four years, but that suddenly was burning again.
His kiss turns demanding and passionate and you welcome him.
There's no more wrong or right.
You just want to feel alive again.

Few days later you sit petrified in his car.
You can feel he's nervous too.
It's not the day you planned for him to meet your children, but you have to warn your parents first. They knew Henry and they still hate him for what he did to you.
"Are you sure you can face them alone?" his hand searches for yours and squeezes it.
"I'll talk to my mum first. She can't see you now. She could throw something at you as soon as she recognises you" the idea doesn't amuse you.
"I wouldn't blame her. I just don't want you to face it alone".
You smile comforted by his support "I can handle it. The weirdest part still have to come. When I'll accompany you to that door".
He follows your eyes to the front door "I'm already sweating cold for that moment. I bet the kids will hate me if you introduce me as your boss".
You frown at him "They won't. They are actually very curious to meet my boss. They'll be very welcoming and lovely, as usual. Unless my Mum turns them against you. So let me take care of her now".
You get ready to leave the car, but his hand is still squeezing yours.
"I love you, Y/N".
You turn for a quick kiss "Same. But pray for me now".
He kisses your hand before letting it go "Can I stay here? In case things slip out of control and you need a helping hand?".
"No. I want you far away from her for tonight. Wish me luck" you jump down the car and turn to him again.
"I'll go to a church and pray for you then".
"Good boy" you mimic a kiss with your lips to bid him goodnight, then you walk to your house.

You waited after dinner and your kids are asleep, to face your mother.
"We need to talk" you announce, sitting down and watching her finishing with dishwashing.
She has sensed it and was expecting the discussion "Of course. Tell me".
"Promise me you won't overreact" you warn.
Her eyes widen a bit in alarm "Is it so bad?".
You brace yourself "I guess so".
She looks at you, then sits down in front of you. She tries to stay positive and guess "If you found someone...".
"No, I've met someone again?" you suggest.
Her jaw drops a bit.
"Someone again" she repeats confused.
"Don't overreact?" you remind.
"Who?" she snaps.
You know you can't keep it secret anymore and drop the bomb.
"Henry".
She just stares at you, dumbfounded.
Then she asks in a dangerous tone.
"Henry... that Henry?".
"He's my new boss" you spill.
"Your new boss?" her voice raises a bit, you hear she can become hysterical "What kind of joke is that?".
"I've been wrong, Mum" you confess closing your eyes and explain quickly "It wasn't just his fault. He's been lied to. People persuaded him that I was unfaithful to him and pushed him to divorce me".
"And he believed them?" she exclaims "He's still a son...".
"He's the father of my twins" you say sternly, interrupting her.
Her eyes widen, looking at you like you're crazy.
"You're not letting him meet them...".
"In these weeks we have been trying to make it work. He's devastated. And my children are eager to have a father" you reason.
"He made the mistake. He ruined it all. He wasn't there when you were so desperate that you couldn't eat. He wasn't there when we had to take care of not just one, but two babies".
"Yeah, that served him as a punishment. But my children don't have their father dead. He is alive. Our lives are short. So why forbidding him to see them? Any other man would never fully accept them because they are not their children and would never understand them. Henry is the only one who can accept them. He wants to know them and to take care of them. We'll take it easy. We won't scare the twins. At least when they'll be older, they won't hate me for keeping their father away from them".
Your mother seems a little touched by your heartfelt speech, then she reminds "He's a drunk bastard. I won't forgive him".
You roll your eyes "He's no more a drunk. He's a successful businessman who climbed to the top with bleeding nails. You can avoid him if you like. I just wanted to save you from the surprise. A drama in front of the children is unforgivable".
"And you invited him for Thanksgiving and then travel the world with him" she shakes her head in disapproval.
"If things are getting better for us in this house, we have to thank him" you remind her sternly.
"No amount of money can erase what happened. When I feared I was losing you".
You raise your hands "Well, here I am. Still alive. If you can't forgive him, do it for me. Respect my choice, let me try to offer the best to my children. They deserve to be happy, to be complete".
She pats a hand on your shoulder "You have a good heart  and it took so long for it to recover. Don't let him break it again".
"If he dares, I'll break him. I swear" you say resolutely, glad that she isn't insisting in the discussion anymore.
"This is going to be the creepest Thanksgiving" is her last, exasperated comment before you both go to sleep.

You walk by Henry's side as he strides towards your front door without his usual confidence.
His hands are busy carrying some food for the lunch. You decided it wasn't appropriate to spoil the kids with big gifts, after you taught them not to accept any of them from strangers.
One step at time.
Then Henry will not be a stranger anymore.
Your mother opens the door and shoots a heavy look at Henry.
He greets her politely and she resists a little, then takes the bags of food from his hands and walks to the kitchen.
The twins are playing in the living room and they stop and stand up at the sight of the guest.
The view is so special that for a moment you can't even breathe.
You imagine again how life would be with the four of you having adventures together.
That dream is so close to become reality.

"Hello" the kids say, uncomfortable in front of the speechless adults.
They look at you for approval and you smile at them.
Henry just repeats the greeting, but is petrified in front of them.
You force yourself out of the daydream and make the introduction.
"He's Henry" you say simply.
The kids stare a little intimidated at him "Mom's boss?".
Henry smiles and replies "Yes".
It's more awkward that you expected, but then the kids take the initiative as usual.
One of them walks to him and wraps her tiny arms around him.
Henry is petrified with shock. After a moment that seemed neverending, he just pats her head before the child moves away.
Henry turns his head and you notice he's having an emotional breakdown, so you intervene to help him.
"Why don't you let us adults talk of work? Go find the Granny to help with lunch" you tell them.
When they're gone, you pull Henry's arm to guide him to the bathroom.
He breaks and sobs shake him "I don't deserve them".
You cross your arms, still incredulous at what you just witnessed, at how your heart too risked to exploded for its cuteness.
"I think that was their way to thank you. They know that the new money we get is from you" you say to try to give a proper meaning to what happened.
He nods, then shakes his head "I can't do this. What will they think if they see me sob at any word or gesture they offer me?".
You grab his arm and lean your head on his shoulder "You can do this. Because I'm here with you".
"You have a perfect family, without me".
"It's not perfect. I feel it's incomplete. Wouldn't you like to be part of it again?" you say sweetly.
"I'm not sure it's a good idea. I can waste it all again".
"You won't. You learned the lesson. You don't need to fear of losing us. We are yours, we are part of a family. No matter where our future choices will lead us, we belong to each other. We need to live as best as we can. We can't let our past mistakes keep us prisoners any longer".
You see how your words comfort him. He breathes deeply until the tears stop falling from his eyes.
He washes his face, then straighten his back "Fine. Let me play the boring boss".
"Just be yourself. I know how you love children. You understand what they need. They're going to love you" you say, meaning it.
"Thank you, Y/N. For healing me" he presses your hand on his chest.
You take his other hand and press it over your heart too "We healed each other".
He smiles, a last tear escaping his happy eyes.
"Now I'm ready to face anything is awaiting for me, for us".
You squeeze his hand, then let it go to resume playing your roles again, and you open the door, stepping together into the happy ending you've stopped to hope for years ago but that now knocked on your door and you welcome in your life.

A/N

Saturday 29th October 2022

*Blind by Lifehouse playing in the ending titles* 😂🎶🎞

We can make our own happy ending, if we can let the past go and welcome the opportunities that life can offer us 💓

I'm so happy to give Henry and his family a happy ending.
Even the most broken story can be fixed, and hope this little fanfic can encourage you all to fight for your own happy ending in your life, no matter what obstacles destiny throws in your way, your choices can make the difference for your happiness and those you love  😉

Enough with speeches, let's just worship our real boss 🛐🔥

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81.9K 1.7K 8
I think the world needs more Shaun Murphy X reader stories. This is a book of one shots! (Mostly inspired by songs)
8.1K 256 32
(((Completely revised)))Y/n meet eddie while they were young. They became close friends until one day she disappeared....... While she was gone she m...
47K 674 15
•Nothing really comes to a end or does it?•smut• • (COMPLETED) ❤️
1.8K 38 15
Just like the title says ;) these will be super fun, and I take requests! I might have a few of his characters in a few Oneshots too <3 (mostly Ja...