Pt 1 - 111 // Hope in the past

⚠️ This story starts from the very ending of season 4 and offers a possible version of season 5.
So if you haven't watched season 4 fully, you might not understand what's going on and please finish the season first, since I really don't want to spoil anything.

Also, this is just a story. I focus on the official plot of the show, letting out the many fan theories. So basically, I don't see El and Henry as blood related. So don't raise a scandal, please. It's just fiction, so please let me know what you think of the idea of this story and of my writing, do not start any discussion about what's legal or likely or making sense because judging is not the purpose of my writings. Thanks. Peace and love and enjoy :)

April 1986

The world was burning.
El felt helpless in front of the horrors that was swallowing her town.
She watched as her friends tried not to surrender to desperation.
It was her fault.
She couldn't stop thinking about it. That if the Upside Down was becoming a black hole that devoured her world, it was all her fault.
She wasn't strong enough to face Vecna.
She didn't want to admit, but Papa was right.

El spotted Mike with Will. They were comforting each other.
She was speechless. She couldn't go to her friends and share what was making her anguished.
They couldn't understand her.
None of them was like her.
Not even Mike.
She watched him hugging Will, who lifted his eyes and for a moment he crossed her eyes from far.
She looked away.
She had powers, she managed to bring back Max from death. Why she couldn't stop her world from burning? Why the monsters just multiplied around her?
She just got her dad back.
She wasn't ready to lose him or any any of her friends again.
She had to do something.

Vecna had to have a weak point.
If he hadn't, she needed to create one.
She remembered when he was a handsome man working as an orderly in the lab. He was kind and caring. She had no clue on the existence of the monster inside him.
No, the monster couldn't have been there since the beginning.
It was created by Brenner and by the long years when Henry was held captive and tortured.
Henry.
He was just a misunderstood boy once. Scared, lonely. With powers nobody taught him how to use properly.
He wasn't fully evil. Not before she exiled him into the Upside Down.
And how many deaths she indirectly caused?
She could have killed all that people herself. Where was the difference?
The Upside Down was swallowing her world because she chose to punish Henry out of anger because of his betrayal instead of trying to help him, to find a less violent solution.
They were allies once. And it had felt so good to have a friend at that time.
Why it all went so bad?
Why he had to kill all the children and had tried to kill her as well?
Why couldn't they just stay friend and live a quiet life?
He had weird ideas. But even her friends had some of them, ideas that the world was wrong and needed to be improved. Dreams of a different world.

El couldn't linger on those thoughts anymore.
She needed to act.
If she could resurrect people, take them back from the Upside Down and from Vecna's mind, why couldn't she find a way to save her world?
She had found her powers back in the past, remembering with the help of Papa.
Now he was gone. And she wanted something bigger. The key to drastically change everything.
She just needed to save one person.
The one she was supposed to kill and destroy.
Not Vecna.
Henry.

A/N

Thursday 1st September 2022

A hop into the past 🦘

A Hopper into the past 😂

This is just me trying to make the famous ship happen and be more realistic as possible.
And I love flashbacks and time travels, so I needed to use it also in this fandom.
Let me know what you think of this idea, I really need to know if it's worthy spending my little free time on writing this stuff 🕰🙏