Pt 2 // Run, girl, run

Story requested by Bridgee2000 💕

You stare at the sign on a town you've never visited before

Hawkins.
After long hours on bus, your body is still sore. But you feel panicking.
Because you're about to enter your enemy's lair.
On your own. All alone.

You try to recall all the instructions that Henry told you, but your mind is blank.
And you are tired. Tired of days as a fugitive. Tired to feel like no place is safe in the world. Tired that nobody can protect you from them.

Like someone sentenced to death, you take a road through the forest, until the barbed wire fence comes to view, until you see the gates and the guards.
You raise your hands when loud voices talk to you and weapons are aimed at you.
You tell them your name, then let them check through your pockets. They take your bag and find your ID card.
One of the guard speaks on the radio to warn the people inside the large building that you're observing.
Henry is there. That's the only thought that persuaded you to go there. In the place where evil strangers want to lock you in.
The guards becomes more kind to you and they escort you to the entrance doors, where some doctors greet you with big smiles and shake hands.

"We didn't expect your visit, Y/N. Dr Brenner is impatient to meet you. He wants you to go to his office right now" one of the doctors say with unhidden excitement "But for our security protocols, we have to blindfold you. You'll be alright, we will take care of you".
You stand petrified, too scared to protest or think of something sharp to say.
When the blindfold covers your eyes, you struggle not to panic. The strangers around you speaking sweetly to comfort you are not helpful.
Hands grab your arms and guide you.
You step into an elevator that when it moves, it makes you feel more dizzy.
When finally the blindfold is removed, you feel so sick that you need to sit down.
And there's a chair in front of you.
And a stranger doctor on his feet next to you.

"What an unexpected surprise" the doctor says taking your hand to shake it "It's a honor to have you here, Miss Y/L/N. I'm Foctor Martin Brenner. I run this place".

You don't care of him or anyone else in that room.
Because you've spotted the young man who is standing in a corner, in a white uniform.
Henry is even more handsome than what you remember from your visions. You had believed that his appearance was affected by how you wanted to see him. Instead in person he looks even more striking.
His presence feels so heavy although he acts like he's just one of the many people working in there.
You couldn't have found the perfect way to describe how you feel about him.
Until you recall your last conversation and he suggested the right word to define him.
A predator.

You are not the prey. You are the predator. Never forget that.

You cross Henry's eyes for a brief moment, then he looks away and you move your eyes to focus on Brenner. You don't even listen to his words, his lies.
He calls you his guest, he promises protection, he says he can help you with your abilities.
You pay attention only when he turns to Henry and say softly to him "You've really impressed me this time. Well done".
Other orderlies escort you to your new room.