Pt 2 - Your New Boss

- Story requested by eliza_santiago3 💕

On the next morning you arrive at the building, early again.
Henry is already there, at the reception room, and he's not surprised of your being early.

"Coffee?" he offers.
"I already had breakfast. What about my duties? Do I have to carry your breakfast to your office?" you tease.
"That's not necessary. Unless you bring a cup for you too. You already know what I'd take".
Yeah, you were used to know his preferences about anything. But years passed.
"People change" you remind.
"Some things never change" he grins and guide you to his office.

You are grateful that he focuses on working, just like you want.
You struggle to digest and remember all the things he tells you and you wonder how long it would take for you to adapt in that place.

You meet some of his employees, the women already shoot you sinister glances, seeing you as a new rival.
You try to ignore all of that, until you are left alone with an accountant while Henry is in another room to collect some papers.

"Don't keep your hopes too high. He has peculiar tastes" the accountant whispers to you.
You turn to look at the woman and you shot her an intrigued look "Meaning?".
She sighs heavily "He prefers boys".
You beam "That's a wonderful news then. Because I have similar tastes. That must be why I've been chosen for this job" you lean to whisper to her ear "But don't worry, you're not my type".
You're glad to leave her speechless.
You walk away to reunite with Henry, who quickly notices your grin.
He drops his papers on the table "What have you done?".
You shrug and sit in front of him "Me? Nothing. That accountant just warned me that you're gay".
He smirks so mischievously in a way that makes your heart skip a bit.
"It always work to keep the hungry women away".
"I told her that I'm lesbian".
He drops his jaw, then bursts out laughing.
"Then it must be a lot of fun if we'll reveal we've changed our mind. Hypothetically. Mine isn't even such a big lie".
You raise a brow "You also didn't tell me that you're...".
"I'm not" he cuts you off "What I mean is that I'm not interested in women. I'm only interested in you and only you. You're unique".
You feel your mouth getting dry.
"Don't flatter me" you warn him and try to resume your work.
"You don't know how it was like" he says stubbornly "When you left, you sucked all the good and the light from me. I showed the worst of myself, trying to drown into alcohol and letting empty days and nights go by. It's when that bitch revealed to me the truth that I realised my mistake. But it was too late. You were gone. And my only redemption was to work hard to become worthy of you, even if I couldn't know if I'd ever meet you again".
You ponder his words, struggling not to let old wound bleed again.
"Yeah, you also don't know what it was like for me. It was hell. No matter if I burned everything of you, I couldn't fully erase you from my existence".
His head has lowered "I'm sorry".
"Let's focus on our work. I've already got enough headache for today".
Luckily he obeys and you two go through the day until you are so tired that you just want to rest.