001 x Reader // Animals

- Story requested by hqawesomenes 💓

You watch the guards walking to meet you and escort you into the lab that has become almost like a home to you in the last months.
You try to swallow the fears that gathered at your throat, threatening to choke you.
The guards are kind. You feel that they have no hidden dark intentions.
You have been chosen for a super secret project led by Dr Brenner. A project that helped you learn more about yourself and your peculiar sensibility to the world surround you. It gave you more confidence, strengthened your abilities, but you're constantly worried of being locked into that place like a lab rat.
You know that behind Brenner's caring and gentle attitude there js the soul of a predator that hunts people like you as precious trophies for his own purposes.
You swallows these thoughts too as you are led to the familiar test rooms.
You have to pretend that you feel comfortable in that place, that you are grateful for the help you're getting.
You get a moment alone in a room to change into the test clothing, then you join the doctors for a new round of tests that as usual drain all the energies from you. But after each session you are little more stronger, you have pushed your limits a little farther. And you wonder when you'll get to the point that you push yourself too far and fall into a dark void forever.

"You've done great today, Y/N" Brenner pats a proud hand on your shaking shoulder "Take your time to recover. Stay here for one day or two, so we can make sure you recover completely before leaving the lab".
You can only agree. You are used to spend days in that place.
Your family believes you are taking a theraphy in a specialized hospital to recover from what they believe to be an illness.
At least your days at the lab are generously paid.
Once the doctors and stuff leave the room to give your privacy to change your clothes, you go to check the files that have been filled and that luckily were left in the room.
You understand enough of that medical stuff to know what data to alter.

"What are you doing?" a voice asks at your back suddenly.
You startle and almost break the pen.
But it's just Henry, an orderly in the lab.
You turn placing the pen in his hand.
He is standing so close to you and you wonder why you didn't hear him approach you like that.
Maybe your heatbeat is so strong that covered the sound of his soft walking.
Still, Henry is a big mystery to you, no matter how in these months you two worked together and grew close. Maybe too close.
But looking at his angelic face as he lowers his head to look at the pen you gave him, his blond hair falling to caress his cheeks, you can't regret falling for him.
He is a sin walking in hell.

He places the pen on the table behind you, leaning so closer to you that you start to hyperventilate

He places the pen on the table behind you, leaning so closer to you that you start to hyperventilate. And you know that it's a reaction he is eager to feel on you.
"I've set a new record today" you blurt to stop gaping at him like a silly girl.
He retreats, with a frown of disapproval "Oh really? Congrats".
He doesn't care about the tests, he hates them, although he has to act like an employee devoted to his job, all smiles and kindness when in public.
Did anyone know the wild beast hiding behind that beautiful mask?
You've asked yourself that question so many times.
Henry is still a mystery to you.
But you have managed to see behind the mask, to learn of his second nature. And that was what brought you so close to him.
And you often wonder if somehow you managed to tame him. Or you're just so blinded by your feelings that you just let him whatever he wants with you.
"I help you change" he says and his fingers work confidently to free you from the test clothes.
You have no reason to feel shy, but you wish not to feel like a little child that needed that kind of help. But if you try to move, his fingers snatch your wrists to stop you and his hard gaze makes you give up.
Sometimes you wish you never learned of the secret side of him, so you could still enjoy the gentle side of him, the kind and caring orderly that would make every woman fall for him.
"Done" he whispers in the end, towering you, his fingers pulling a lock of hair away from your face to place it around your ear.
He is still capable of being gentle and it warms your heart.
"Thank you" you say looking up at him.
A faint grin curls his lips "You'll thank me later".
He steps away and you roll your eyes. You follow him out of the room and you elbow him just to hear a soft chuckle from him that makes you grin.
You are allies at least. And that already means a lot to you.
But you also have urgent stuff to discuss with him and you pray to be brave enough to bring the thing up, although just the idea makes you blush violently and feel uncomfortable.