The Broken Mate

By HumbleSmith123

Lola's life came crumbling the moment she met her mate, Alpha Torian, smooching and kissing another lady in h... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
New Book Alert!!!

Chapter 63

7.5K 324 8
By HumbleSmith123

"Vienna, what are you doing here?" Blake half-yelled at the young girl who had just walked in, and I knew her name was Vienna, but I don't know who she was or why her presence enraged Blake.

Immediately after Blake asked her that question, she giggled and turned her gaze to me, raising her left brow and smirking, making a crazy smirk that made me shiver a bit as something crossed my mind. Could she be the one who the deaf girl had told the secret to? Because that is the only thing that explained the smirk she was sending to me.

"She is the one, right?" Vienna chuckled, her gaze shifting from me to Blake, who was already irritated by the so-called Vienna's attitude.

"How dare you step your feet here? Aren't you ashamed? I thought you'd grown up to realize that you are making a nuisance of yourself by forcing yourself on a guy who has no single trace of feelings for you!" Blake snorted, peering straight at her face as his fists clenched.

"Hey, son, calm down. Why are you acting like this? She might have come to congratulate you like every other person here!" The Alpha chimed in, but Vienna's smiles were so fishy that it just kept telling us that something wasn't right.

"Blake, you should calm down. We really need to talk after the party, but before then, I would like to know while my friend is beaten and lying on the ground like a slave!" She huffed, looking at everyone in the room. Her smiling face contorted into an angry look in an instant.

"Daughter, please have a seat. She really deserved those hits after playing deaf when she had already been healed!" A man among the visitors explained it to her, and I glanced at him to see the resemblance. He was obviously her father.

"Really? Okay, who hit her? And why was she beaten already? What if she has a reason for keeping it secret? In fact, I am the one that told her not to tell anyone." Vienna shouted at everyone with no fear in her eyes. Not even the Alpha or Blake could make her lower her voice.

"Vienna, what has come over you?" The woman sitting beside her father, questioned, and the woman's face also revealed that she was Vienna's mother.

All I could do was stand there and repeat silent prayers for my nightmares to remain nightmares. Although it was a bit obvious, I still prayed and hoped that Liya hadn't told anyone.

"You have gone mad and I can see it clearly! See how you're shouting at everyone here? It is clear you are drunk!" Blake scoffed, and she burst into laughter.

"You hit her and brought her here to be punished. Aren't you afraid in any way? For real? You think you are safe doing this? Even if you are safe, what about her?" She smirked again, flashing a wink at me, and it all became clear to me that she already knew my secret.

"What are you talking about, Vienna?" Blake breathed, his voice calm now as it also dawned on him that Vienna knew it all, and was doing us a favour by not spitting it out here and now.

"You know what I am talking about, but trust me, I am not a bad person. Just tell them to free my friend and treat those wounds," she grinned, licking her lower lips dramatically.

"What is going on between the both of you?" The Luna inquired, her eyes wide with curiosity.

"Nothing!" Blake snapped and turned to the guards.

"Let her go. I was acting rashly. Vienna is right. Hiding the fact that she was healed could be a precaution to save her from the same enemies who had made her deaf in the first place," Blake added with a shrug, every word coming out like it was forced out.

"But...." The Alpha made to interject, but Blake wasn't ready to hear anything else.

"Daddy, no "but" please let my command be carried out. She is innocent and hadn't harmed anyone here before, so she shouldn't be punished."

That was his last sentence before he took Vienna's hand, leaving the palace at a quick pace. I followed them with a little run to catch up as Blake was walking so fast it looked like he was being chased.

"Please, baby, you are too fast.." I heard Vienna whine at him and felt my legs wobble. Why did she just call him "baby"?

Blake gave no response till he got upstairs and into his room. I was quick to catch up. Now the three of us were inside the room.

"Why were you sprinting over here so fast? You didn't even care about my legs, which aren't as strong as yours. That isn't the right way to treat your love. " Vienna pouted and all I could do was stand some distance away from them with folded arms.

"So what do you know?" Blake snarled, ignoring her former statement.

"Huh? Oh, you mean her secret?" Vienna gestured at me, and that alone made my heart skip a beat. Gosh! I wasn't overthinking. Liya, the deaf girl, had told Vienna everything.

"Yes, what do you know about her? Liya told you, right?" Blake's voice was now like thunder at this moment, and the way he puffed in rage would make you think he was going to spit fire. His eyes, which glowed like flames, were no different.

"You got it right. She told me, and I was the one who told her not to tell anyone else. You see, she kept mute even after you punched her and caused her to bleed. I am not a wicked girl. That's why I haven't told anyone too. Blake, I really care about you," she cooed, her eyes shimmering as she took slow steps forward to Blake.

"If you care about me, then keep the secret and get out of my life. That's the best thing you will ever do for me, and I will be forever grateful. " He growled in exasperation. I could see sweat forming on his forehead, something that tells you how disturbed he was at the moment.

"I have told you countless times how much I love you. I was in pain when I heard you had already found another girl who you chose to be your mate and queen. I almost killed myself from agony, but now I think I was mistaken in thinking there was no hope for us, because we are meant for each other. She is a wolf and doesn't have a place here." Vienna has finally let out.

My world became blank at that moment, with sharp pain hitting my heart like a million stabs of knives. Her last statement resonated inside me like a time bomb about to explode.

Just the moment I thought everything was going fine, here it was shattering again, crumbling in front of my eyes.

"You are saying rubbish! Pure nonsense, because she isn't a wolf. Does she look like one? Do you smell any wolf scent or sense her inner wolf? Nothing about her tells me she is a wolf, so I don't know the trash you are spitting from that smelling mouth of yours!!" Blake roared as his breath went rough while glaring at her like he was going to burn her alive.

"Oh... I am sorry for accusing her wrongly " Vienna drawled with a sarcastic tone, which Blake couldn't figure out immediately, as he let out a sigh of relief.

"Please don't say things you aren't sure of. My werewolf friend was killed by my mother, which everyone knows. I am sorry for being harsh on you. Just know that I have found the girl I love and it is not you. We can still be friends," Blake reassured, but Vienna's laughter got him stunned.

"Why the laugh?" He gritted, and she dipped her hand inside her pocket and brought out a jar that had silver in it, but Blake couldn't recognize it earlier.

"It's a liquid silver!" I screamed and Blake's eyes widened, but it was too late; Vienna charged at me, grabbing my neck from behind with the opened jar of silver above my head.

"No don't!!! Please don't do that!!" Blake shrieked out, with horror filled in his eyes as he fell to his knees instantly.

"Vienna, I beg you, don't pour that silver on her. Blake kept pleading, while I was stiffened with my hands raised in terror. I couldn't think of fighting to free myself because it could make the jar pour on me.

Once it touched my skin, every trace of my wolf scent would spread around the room and find its way out, and the hunters would track me down in no time.

I will be killed and not even Blake will be able to save me. To make it worse, the silver was going to weaken me so I wouldn't be able to escape.

"I have to take her off you so you will accept me. I love you from the depth of my heart and have never forgotten you for a day since you turned me down. I have been crying and praying for you to accept me. But you made it clear that your heart is dark and far away from love. Why then did you choose someone else over me!!" She screeched, crying at the same time.

"Vienna, you are not going to do that, right? You won't pour that on her." Blake took a deep breath and swallowed hard, his gaze fixed on the bottle of silver that was bent over my head.

"I will do it because I want you to accept me as your love. I want to be your queen, the one to sit beside you and rule this kingdom. All my dreams are filled with me and you only. I want it to come to reality, please!!" She shrieked, tugging on the bottle. My body was trembling in fear as I heard the intensity of her emotions laced in her tone.

She was really obsessed over Blake and didn't want to see him with any other girl.

"Please don't do that. What do you want me to do for you? She is the one I love. I might kill you if you pour that on her, I swear." Blake sighed, staring at me with teary eyes as he also saw me in tears.

We both knew it would be the end of our love and romance once the silver touched me.

"I want you to break up with her and accept me. Take me to your parents and choose me over her! Yes, let the world know I am the one for you, not a random wolf who must charm you. Don't you think she might be a spy to infiltrate this kingdom and rule over us!" She yelled with emotions in her voice.

"You don't expect me to accept that, do you? And it will be weird and odd for my parents because they know I love her. Saying another thing now will make everyone suspect something is wrong, especially how I was harsh on you not long ago. Please stop doing all this!" Blake grumbled, and she snickered.

"Wow, your parents will no longer be confused after they find out she is a wolf, right? Then I am doing you a favor by pouring this on her. Blake, I am sorry, but I can't bear seeing you with another girl." She stated, and just like a dream, like an illusion and something unreal, I felt the silver fluid pour down on my head, cascading down my face.

"No!!!..." Blake screamed and sped to her with a powerful blow, but it was too late

It is all over.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

762K 19K 26
Then it hit me. The scent of my mate. The one I'd love and spend the rest of my days with. "Mine," he growled. I was forced up against the wall as he...
399K 13.9K 56
He had strength, she had powers she didn't know she had. He hated her after what her parents did to his family, she didn't know her parents were eve...
202K 8.1K 31
❇ Book Two ❇ ♥ The Rejected Mate Series ♥ ◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼ Skylar Hunter has had a twist...
361K 16.8K 37
Grace did everything she could to separate herself from the supernatural world. Little did she know, one moment of weakness would destroy all of her...