The Broken Mate

By HumbleSmith123

Lola's life came crumbling the moment she met her mate, Alpha Torian, smooching and kissing another lady in h... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
New Book Alert!!!

Chapter 46

10K 376 15
By HumbleSmith123

Blake's POV

"Are you not going to school today?" I heard my mother's voice from the door and spun my head in the direction to meet her standing right at the door staring at me with both hands placed on her waist.

I drifted my eyes to the wall clock and saw it wasn't just late, but had already passed the break time. It was already 12:00. I didn't even know how long I had lain on the bed, but I was sure I had never slept for a second. Sleep seems to have run far away from me since last night as my entire mind and senses were fixed on Lola.

My heart was racing like never before. The excitement was more extreme than I ever imagined. I had never been this happy in my life. It took away the sleep from my eyes and I was already imagining having her here with me.

I really can't wait to find a way to hide her wolf scent. I badly want to feel her touch again and again. I want her eyes to rest on me. Those lips. I want to kiss them so badly. I don't know what to say, but I think I have found my obsession.

"Blake!"

The scream jolted me out of my reverie, and I sat up from the bed, looking around until my gaze fell on my mother, who was staring at me with raised brows.

"What took your entire senses just now? "What were you thinking that you forgot to answer my question and won't even respond when I called your name?" She half-yelled, her eyes wide with confusion and astonishment.

I sighed and began quickly racking my brain to find the best lie to tell her.

"You met that wolf girl in school? You remembered her even after everything I did." Mom's suddenly blurted out. Her voice resonated inside me, forcing my gaze to be drawn to her as I flinched a bit while she walked closer to me.

"You really made me lose my memories of her. Why? Why would you do such?" I found myself huffing those questions angrily at my mother.

She kept silent and dragged a stool, which she sat on, facing me closely.

"What really happened yesterday? Tell me." She asked, and I shuddered, looking away with a deep grunt rumbling inside my throat. Once again, I regretted having a mother like her.

Her witch powers are making her tough to handle as she finds out the slightest lie so easily.

"I already told you what happened. So what? I said it clearly that I was just so angry and killed those hunters after they joked with me that I was looking like a werewolf because of whatever you did to me." I responded bluntly, making sure to avoid my mother's sharp eyes, which seemed like they could see into my heart.

"That was a good lie, but how would you expect me to believe that? I am your mother. I just didn't want to put you in a tight moment in the presence of your father. I pretended to believe the lie. Blake, tell me why you killed those Hunters..." She inquired calmly, her voice strong and stern.

I turned my gaze back to her and saw her eyes fill with suspicion. I kept swallowing the lumps in my throat as my brain suddenly went blank. Lying to my mother is just so hard. Even just her eyes would make you forget that lie you studied for hours.

From her voice, I noticed she knew a lot and just needed me to say it out loud.

"What if I say I am not giving you a reply to that question?" I frowned in exasperation.

For the first time, I felt the urge to yell and curse at my mother and walk away.

"Oh, you just made it obvious that all you said yesterday were pure lies." She burst into laughter, which died down in a few seconds.

Her lips curled into a smirk.

"Yes, I lied. If you know the truth, fine! Have it and just stop talking to me!" I snapped, rolling my eyes at her and lying back on the bed, covering my entire body with the duvet. I won't be wrong to say I hated her at that moment.

"Oh, yeah, I won't talk to you. I will just sit back and wait till you find a way to hide her wolf scent and nature. You know, I am the only one who can do that. Let's see if you can find a way by yourself, and also know that the hunters are out now hunting for her. " My mother spoke out with a crazy giggle that stabbed my heart.

I tried not to react, but I couldn't. It was so hard to stay calm after hearing what she just said. It wasn't a lie that she was the only one who could hide her true nature. My plan was to trick her into telling me how she does it, so I would use it on Lola and bring her here, but the witch mother of mine has already found out.

"Mom, who are you? Who the hell are you that you keep reading people's minds and finding out every secret they have? " I screamed in exasperation, sitting up immediately.

"That's why the goddess chose me as the vampire queen. to help protect the clan from the invasion of the wolves. That girl is a trap and it is obvious you are falling blindly into it." She snorted, standing to her feet while I glared angrily at her.

"What will happen if the hunters see her?" I sighed, taking a deep breath.

"Kill. They will kill her instantly without wasting a single second. That's my order. I am here to help you regain your senses because it seems they have caught you with their evil spells just as they did to your sister!" She scoffed and stomped away without waiting for any other words from me.

I gritted my teeth, fuming so hard as my fists clenched so tight till they turned white. My heart was hammering so hard inside my chest as every word my mother said came reverberating inside me.

I killed those hunters just to make sure they didn't send back a message to her. Yes, I killed them because they found out Lola was the same wolf girl I had fallen in love with, yet my witch mother found out.

How she got the information is what I don't know. I had taken Lola to a friend's house. The hunters are large in number, and if they should search every home, it would take barely one hour to fish her out.

Oh God!

I need to do something immediately.

Should I beg my mother to spare Lola?

Oh, gosh! It is like pouring water on a rock. Lola is an inborn enemy. Not only had her pack planned the murder of my sister, she was also a member of their hunters.

Maybe I should tell my mother that she's my mate!

With quick steps, I hurried out of my room without caring to clean up. I was only wearing shorts, my dick dangling to the beat of every step I took.The sudden run along the hallways and passages in my short made all the cleaners stare in shock, but who cares?

The hunters need to be stopped. They can't kill Lola. No! Never! I won't allow that!

After what seemed like an eternity even though it was barely a minute, I got to the palace where I guessed my parents must be, and I was right; they were there attending to a family issue.

"Prince, they are busy with...." The guard at the door tried to inform me, but I pushed him away from my path, so hard that he slammed his head on the wall. Everyone turned to me.

"Blake! What is wrong? Have you gone mad?" My father mumbled, scanning me from head to toe, but I totally ignored him and everyone else, falling to my knees before my mother, who already knew what was wrong with me.

"Please, don't kill my fated queen! Don't let them kill her!" I pleaded with her, swallowing all the shame and embarrassment.

"What do you mean?" My father asked in confusion.

"She is not your fated one, dear son. I know so well how you feel towards her and I can tell you are under her spell. Once she dies, I promise you, you will feel better and find out how stupid you have been to fall for their charms." That was the response she gave me, smiling freely.

She was talking about Lola's death with a smile, calling these true feelings of love an evil spell. Is this a joke? For real, Lola will be killed?

I stayed still on my knees, trying hard to get everything settled in my head. In a faint tone, I could hear my mother explaining everything to my father, but that wasn't my concern.

"Son, the hunters have just four more homes to check. Even if I decide to change my mind now, it is already too late to stop them. I'm sorry" my mother cooed to me, standing up to her feet and coming over to help me up my knees.

"Don't you dare touch me or I will be forced to fight you till I die!" I thundered threateningly, springing up to my feet as tears suddenly formed in my eyes.

I never planned to cry. I hate crying in front of anyone as it makes them think you are weak. It was something I avoided so much, but the strength to push back these tears now is gone.

Four more homes to be checked. Lola is definitely in one of them. They will find my love and kill her like every other wolf out there. It was like multiple stabs to my chest, forcing it to hurt me so deeply.

All the plans to save her were all useless. What about the promise I made to always protect her? Was that laugh we shared the last one I would hear from her?

"Son..." My dad and mother called out in unison, but their voices were irritating to my ears. I don't want to hear their voices anymore.

"Don't call your son!" I bawled, looking up at them. My vision was blurred with hot tears, searing my eye sockets and triggering more tears. I had never been so hurt like this in my entire life.

"You don't know the good thing we are doing for you now. In the future, you will..."

"Shut your dirty mouth!!" I fired at my father, who was blurting out that garbage that made my stomach grumble.

"Shut your mouth, man!" I repeated, gritting and breathing heavily.

"Mom, don't let them kill my Lola or I will kill my..."

"I'm sorry, they just killed her. She is dead."

My mother spoke out under her breath, wagging her head at me.

"No! "

"No"

"No, it can't be!!"

"Never!!!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

470K 6.9K 32
"I’ve been beaten, I’ve been raped, and I’ve been battered and bruised, ruined all around. I don’t like to trust, I don’t like it when boys look at m...
399K 13.8K 56
He had strength, she had powers she didn't know she had. He hated her after what her parents did to his family, she didn't know her parents were eve...
14.8K 888 100
"I want you. I want all of you because you are mine." As an Alpha, Amber has it all except for a mate. She has been waiting for the Luna's time but t...
762K 19K 26
Then it hit me. The scent of my mate. The one I'd love and spend the rest of my days with. "Mine," he growled. I was forced up against the wall as he...