The Broken Mate

By HumbleSmith123

Lola's life came crumbling the moment she met her mate, Alpha Torian, smooching and kissing another lady in h... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
New Book Alert!!!

Chapter 32

12.1K 400 25
By HumbleSmith123

Lola's POV

Hot tears warmed up in my eyes again and threatened to fall, but I sniffed and pushed them back while dishing out the food. My eyes glanced around and I hissed in more sadness on seeing the three guards who always stay in the kitchen to watch me cook and dish out food.

He was positioned there to make sure I never poisoned the food. He would keep staring straight at me with nothing but suspicion.

I had never thought of poisoning anyone since my stay in the royal pack house, but just now, it crossed my mind and I felt the greatest desire and urge to find one and spray in the Alpha's food so he would eat and die.

The burden in my heart won't stop making my eyes wet. Every second, my heart would be reminded that my beloved parents were already gone forever and their killer was out there fully alive.

I hate myself for being weak. Even the strange beast in me seemed to be asleep too, as it was never going to show itself. Not even when my parents were being tortured. Why didn't it make me strong and powerful enough to save them from the cold hand of death?

I dished out the last portion and dried my wet eyes well before carrying the tray.

"Make sure your dirty tears don't enter the food!" One of the guards in the kitchen huffed in disgust while I rolled my eyes at him, taking quick steps away.

The anger burning in me wouldn't even let me talk anymore.

On getting to the dining room, they were already sitting around the table chatting cheerfully and laughing at the jokes Alpha Daren would tell. My parents are already forgotten. Yes, like every other hunter out there, they would be buried as heroes  who lost their lives protecting the pack when their deaths were never caused by that.

The devil right here killed them and would cover his act like it was nothing.

I dropped the food on the table and spun, heading away immediately as my whole body seemed to heat up at their presence. Everyone was like a sting to my flesh, and I was growling inside me. My wolf was panting and snarling at the fury that was taking over my system.

I thought I had felt the deepest pain when I faced those tortures and insults in the past, but I was wrong. It was never compared to watching the death of your parents, feeling every single extraction of life from the body.

Hot tears gathered in my eyes, and I quickened my steps away to hide it from Daren. I felt ashamed to cry in front of him.

"I am sorry for your parents' death. We are all sorry, but why would you point out the alpha as their killer? They died as heroes, saving us. None of us wanted them dead, even when they had a horrible child like you" The Luna broke the silence, and I paused my pace. Without turning back at her, I hissed and walked away.

"Did you just hiss at the Luna?"  Alpha Daren growled, banging his fist on the table. This forced me to stop and pause again.

I swirled and faced him with my wet eyes as sadness and anger covered my heart. He had risen from his chair, anger written all over his face, with hatred visible in his eyes as he glared at me.

I had thought the devil was in hell. I thought the evil ones were the vampires and demons, but that was a not true. The alpha standing in front of me now is the real devil, and it hurts so much that he kept it all hidden. I had met a vampire who was never like what I was made to believe they were.

"Yes I did. You can kill me for that. You have never cared for anyone's lives" I replied bluntly before heading upstairs. It was clear in his eyes that he was going to kill me very soon. I don't know where the courage came from, and I knew how dangerous it was to talk back at the alpha that way, but at that moment, I gave no damn.

The only plan is to run away and never come back.

Daren's POV

I lost my entire appetite.

Every urge to eat left me as my stomach seemed to be filled. Not with food, but with anger and confusion as I watched her climb up the stairs, but I struggled to hide it all by forcing the food down my gullet.

Each glance I cast at my son causes my heart to skip a beat as he continues to cast suspicious looks at me, and Sophia also stares at me strangely for a few seconds, all of which adds to my rage.

They both suspect me of killing Lola's parents. I don't know how Lola was able to recall the scene even after I had blocked her memories with a dark spell when she slept off in her room.

I really wonder how she got the powers to break away from it. Now she has almost blown off my secret of killing her parents. Well, there is no need to panic. I made a mistake by allowing her to live until now...

My life would be the first sacrifice I would make to improve my abilities, and I would begin this night.She wouldn't live to see the next day. The burial won't be for just her parents, but also her...

Nobody will ever stop me from being the greatest alpha that ever lived. I will be the only Alpha to overthrow the vampires and rule over them.

**********

Blake's POV.

I stood in front of the mirror, smiling widely as I stared at my reflection. For the first time in my entire life, I appreciated the fact that I looked cute. A sudden gasp slipped from my lips as it dawned on me that I was falling in love for real. There was really no doubt anymore, and it was useless to try to doubt it.

Right here and now, I am glad that I looked handsome and charming just because of Lola. I wanted her to love me more.

I combed my hair and smiled, loving how dark and smooth it was. My hair was shoulder length and I had grown a beard that gave me that manly look. As I smiled, my teeth gleamed, and another wave of excitement rushed through me.

Lola would surely be crazy over me. She had seen me when I was wounded and dirty. Now, she would get to see my cute and fresh face.

I thought all this with a grin, which later turned into a short chuckle. I was wearing a red long sleeve shirt, tucked into black trousers.

It was funny how I appeared with it.

This was the last thing I ever thought I would ever do. The appearance the attire gave me was that of a bookish and serious-minded student who aspires to be a doctor. If anyone had ever told me I would be doing this, I was never going to believe it.

In the eyes of my parents and the royal family, I was going to act as a spy, but that wasn't just it. I badly want to set my eyes on her. My wolf sweetheart had been running in my head and hadn't let me rest for a second. I crave her touch, smile, voice, smell, everything about her.

"Are you not done yet?" The voice of my mother chirped from outside, and I flinched a bit, before primping for the last time as I stepped out.

I could hear my heart whispering to me how much I had turned to my sister, who died from being crazily in love, and each time I would reply with a sigh and hiss, but the power to push away the feelings was lost. I still want to fall in love with Lola.

I got down to the sitting room and my parents were relaxing on the sofa. As soon as they saw me, they smiled.

"Wow, I never knew my son could appear this good in appearance." Dad praised and I grinned, not from his compliment, but from the fact that I appeared good and would really get Lola's attention. That seems to be my main priority.

"You know why we allowed you to go into that school, right?" My mother questioned me with no smile. I already know how much she hates the werewolves for setting up the death of my sister. Not like I like the wolves. I hate them so much, but Lola can never be among them.

"I know... and please trust me. I really abhor the wolves and want them all dead and erased, or have them work as slaves to us... When I last visited that school, I killed many students. Stop making me feel like I have become stupid to like the wolves in anyway" I grumbled, seeing how my mother was staring at me.

"Over the cupboard there, take out the necklace and ring. Put them on, then drink the concoction beside it. Those are the two things you need. It will hide your true identity and also give you the power to disappear and appear here if things go wrong in anyway." She muttered with a shrug, resting her head on dad's shoulder.

I exhaled heavily while moving over to the cupboard. I got to the cupboard, which was a few metres away, and I couldn't understand why something seemed odd with my feelings.

My heart was suddenly thumping fast and hard inside my chest, and I was shivering a bit with every part of my being telling me not to wear the gold ring.

"What are you still delayed on? Hurry up before it becomes too late, " Mom half-yelled, and I glanced back at her, swallowing the huge lumps that formed in my throat.

With a single gulp, I took the entire concoction into my belly, then put on the necklace. My hand picked up the ring, and I suddenly had a sweaty palm which was shaking as I drew it close to my left middle finger.

After taking several breaths, I put it on and I felt my entire body attacked from the inside by an unseen force. At that moment, I began to see different scenes in my head and it was making me extremely angry; the death scene of my sister by the wolves was one of them. At that moment, I was attacked by the hunters. At the same time, something was leaving my head. I tried to bring it back, but it wasn't in my power. Every single memory I had with Lola vanished.

"Now go to that school with one intention. Spying on the best way to bring them down!" The voice of my mother played in my head and I nodded, feeling that intense hatred for the entire wolf community in the core of my heart.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

89.8K 275 5
"I'll ruin you till there's nothing left to give." Every member of the lupine Realm lost his sanity after few centuries of living without a mate. Kin...
13.4K 501 38
Having a mate is supposed to be the best thing in a person's lives right? Wrong. When I first met my mate I found out something that changed everythi...
9.1M 255K 54
Highest Rank: #3 in werewolf THE LAST 15 CHAPTERS WILL BE TAKEN DOWN FEB. 1, 2019 DUE TO THIS BOOK BEING PUBLISHED IN MARCH. He looks over everyone...
762K 19K 26
Then it hit me. The scent of my mate. The one I'd love and spend the rest of my days with. "Mine," he growled. I was forced up against the wall as he...