MCYT Oneshots (Mostly Tommyin...

By Am_Mood

Yo, here we go. Cross posted on Ao3, where I am ServerNotFound. If you want a better description on each cha... More

Suck It Up
The King and His Son
Smile
Claimed
Gods
True Family
The Traumatized Youth
Protection
Nobody Can Win
Finally Home
Disc
Doomsday, Rewritten
Explanations, Now
Can I Stay for the Night, or Maybe Forever
Death of a Child
Back In Business, Boys
Left Behind
Oikogeneia Aimatos Kai Chrysou
He
It's Lovely, Isn't It? Having People Who Care?
Love
The Mismatched Calling Of Family (1/3)
The Mismatched Calling of Family (2/3)
I Have a Family, But You Are Not Them
Time Itself Was Against Him
The Mismatched Calling of Family (3/3)
Home
Loss
Brothers
Siblings
My Fault?
Dancing and Confrontation
Drift Away (1/2)
Darling
Bust Your Kneecaps
Blood
Family of Choice
Platonic
Ghostinnit 3shot
The Blood of the Covenant is Thicker then The Water of the Womb
Drabbles/Not Finished
Platonic (Again)
SBI Family AU
Healing (1/2)
Before He Cheats
The Five
Moral of the Story
Mama
Dadnoblade (With SBI Family Feels)
Karlnapity
Petals
Death Doesn't Discriminate
Boundaries and Standards
It Was Never Meant to Be
Currency
Flowers
Quackity Hurt/Comfort
Roommates
Sadness
Healing (2/2)
Wings
In the Ruins
It's My Birthday
It's My Birthday Part 2
Home
Unfinished Oneshots
Dadnoblade but more Angsty~
His Last Words
Victim of Choice (Unfinished Oneshot, Free for Taking)
Talk
The End of an Era
Headcannons
Floor
Soulmates
His Final "I Love You"
It's Highschool Darling, You Don't Want Me to Have a Soul
Never Coming Back
Parents Suck
Awesam Family (Including Tommy)
The 4 of Us (Turned 10)
I'm Sorry (You Really Aren't)
Family
Platonic Husbands or Not (Only Few Know)
Nowhere (Part 1/2)
Wisp Hurt/Comfort (Kinda?)
Announcements!!
Goodbye
Sex With a Ghost
Family and Husbands
You're Gone... (Part. 1)
Incorrect Quotes, Husbands Style
Dream's a Bitch
Quick A/N
And the Universe Said, "I'm Sorry, Little Ones"
Mourning
Hobbit Hole
Game
Update!!! New fic :D!!!
Fighting
Savior
Leaves From The Vine
Marriage and Family
Parents Day
The Art of Acting
All For You
Update/Author's Note

What is Love? What Does it Mean?

451 3 2
By Am_Mood

A/n: Here! Have some of this! It's Team ZIT, Rancher Duo and Flower Husbands with polyam. 5.1k words of my brain.
Some things are meant to be crossed out but idk how on Wattpad, so look out for random italics in sentences that make no sense.

-

Tango remembers when it used to just be magma and Impulse against the world. 2 fellows in love, willing to fight the word for each other but who just wanted to build, create, and have fun with their friends. 
Tango had joined late into Season 2 of Hermitcraft (which had started picking up more, calling new worlds with the same people seasons, like they were a TV show). Impulse joined not long thereafter, joining them when they started their new world, Season 3. They hadn’t known it then, but they were about to change each other’s lives. 
All Hermits were friends, basically family. That was a fact. But nobody knew Impulse the way that mag did and didn’t. And nobody knew Tango the way that he did and didn’t. That was just the way it was. 
So days of building alone turned into chatting with Impulse over a redstone contraption, literally. Munching on carrots every few hours or so in lieu of eating turned into rushing to make it to Impulse’s base for lunch. Working magmaself to death on a build or an idea turned into Impulse ushering magma to bed, something in its eyes set that sent shivers down magmas spine. 
Spending nights alone grinding, trying to chase away the lonely ache in magmas chest turned into falling asleep with someone, listening to his breath and falling asleep to how soft and simple it was. 
Time came and went, season 3 and 4 passing in a blur of fond memories, kissing, building, and games. Plus pranks, who doesn't love some good pranks? 
And then season 5 hit. With that came Stressmonster, a lovely nature fairy with shimmering wings, and her brother Zed, who was almost the definition of an enigma. Stress' accent was thick, and it loved to grow anything and everything. Zed, on the other hand, was more of a contraption guy it seemed. Its eyes were always sparked with mystery and ideas. They had ram horns that curled out of their head, akin to Doc's goat ones and hair the color of the sun, almost as bright as Tango's, even if magmas was more of a dirty blond.
The duo became a trio. Impulse and Tango, Tango and Impulse turned into Impulse, Tango and Zed, Zed, Tango and Impulse, Tango, Zed and Impulse. They were Team ZIT. Zed also seemingly didn't mind that Tango and Impulse were dating, sticking around unless asked to leave. Red never seemed put off by their love, never seemed to feel left out. It jokingly complained when they would kiss or would make kissy faces at one of them behind the others back, trying to elicit a stuck out tongue or maybe even a chase. 
Zed just seemed… comfortable with them. Enough so that eventually, it was normal for them to just be there. Cuddles? Include Zed always. Falling asleep? Red would worm reds way between the pair, flashing a grin and then promptly falling asleep. Mornings? It would be particularly weird and concerning if there was no note or hurried text on the comm explaining why Zed wasn't with them when they awoke and started their days. 
Eventually, Zed became like breathing. Tango could tell it was the same for magma and Impulse. 
Worrying about dinner for magma and Impulse because worrying about dinner for the 3 of them. Remembering blocks Impulse needed became remembering blocks Impulse and Zed needed. It was second nature at this point for Tango to think of Impulse and Zed as nearly the same.
Mag still loved Impulse. That was a given, he was magmas partner, magmas moon. But if Impulse was magmas moon, then Zedaph was the sun. Not to say that one was gloomy and the other bright, it was just… 
Mag couldn't explain it. But somewhere along the way, thinking about it turned into thinking about them.
Of course, as soon as Tango realized that, mag had to talk to Impulse. So, they talked. And they decided to try and court Zed. Kind of. 
Of course, that just meant Zed just had to beat them to it. Even if they didn't know that's what they did, they did it. 
Red had pulled them to reds base one day, a determined look in reds eyes. And then it asked if it could join their relationship. Of course, then came the ramblings of ZedTM. It was hard to understand all of it, but the gist of it was that they were getting mixed signals from the pair and their friends and their sister was no help so they had to ask because somewhere along the way, they had fallen in love with the pair.
The pair had already been thinking about polyamory. Tango had known mag was polyamorous since mag was young and Impulse was still questioning that itself. But it was Zed. At this point, they basically were in a relationship honestly. Everything Tango and Impulse did together, they did with Zed. Besides kissing. 
But mag had thought about it before. And Impulse had confessed he did too. 
So, of course they agreed. 
And even with how close they were, there was still a learning curve. Relationships were easy and hard all at once, especially polyamory ones. All 3 of them had their moments. Nothing could be perfect and that wasn't really what they were striving for. They loved each other and they just wanted to be happy together. 
Which, they were.
So more seasons went by. Grian came in season 6, and so did Civil war. All just fun and games, and Tango knew Zed would pull them out if it went too far. Season 7 came next and with that, the Mycelium Resistance and mother spore and Decked Out, one of magmas biggest projects yet. And most fun, in magmas opinion. Season 8 brought Gem and Pearl, and Big Eyes Crew n Boatem and moon big. Moon crash. Fleeing. 'Lore'. Glitching. And then season 9. The current season. No new Hermits, but mag had plans. Decked Out 2, building a biome, farms, and much more. 
Some other things happened in between, of course. Hardcore Hermits and other Hermit assorted world ideas, the Life Series kicked up (which, Tango never had expected to keep going, but Grian was having fun and honestly, mag kinda was too), and some other stuff. Watching MCC was always fun, cheering along a Hermit or a friend, watching the challenges with watchful eyes. 
And then came Double Life. 

-

If you had asked Jimmy when he was younger what love meant, he would’ve told you it was the feeling of sliding through the water with his sister by the side, the smell of salt in the air and the colors pink and blue. Love was going to bed snuggled up to his older sister and racing around reefs and learning how to make food. Love was his sister and then eventually her boyfriend too. It was just the 3 of them against the world. 
Then they grew up. Then came EVO the Empires and becoming rulers and caring for people. Learning rules and regulations and the proper way to do things. Spending less and less time together for awhile with Lizzie as the Queen of the Ocean, Joel the king of Mezelea, and him the Codfather, father to the cod. 
And yes, after learning how to rule, they saw each other more. They got to server hop and go to MCC and other servers their fellow rulers came from. So much and so little. 
But love was still the same. Lizzie and Joel were in love with each other and they loved him because they were his sibling and sibling in law. It was simple and it was easy and fun and-
And then love was red poppies, fields of flowers and the color cyan. Love was hobbit holes and the faint sound of cows and red, eyes the color of blood, the same substance that drips down his face and where is his husband? 
Because he found love on 3rd Life, a server made by Grian to have fun killing each other. Make 'lore'. It was just supposed to be fun and games and then-
Then he found a poppy and Scott was already mining with him and it was supposed to be a joke. It was! All fun and games! And then they were married. One poppy, one offering and then they're married. But it's platonic, yeah? All platonic until oops! He's falling in love. He talked to Joel and Martyn and yep, love! He's in love and well-
So is Scott. He can see it in the way xe fixes his dumb little hobbit house, and the way that xe protects him. Scott smiles at him, all soft and fond, and even when xe is shouting and loud and sarcastic, he knows xe loves him. 
And then he dies. Final death, shot in the head by Skizz. Scott says later, when they talk about it, that xe had cried out for xyrs husband. And that xe had made him a little grave before swearing vengeance. 
It's not all candy and roses from there though. They're rulers, with empires to run and council's to listen to and age old traditions. Scott writes a letter to form an alliance, but it takes a while. Xornoth is still there and there’s so much and so little. But then Scott asks him on a date and it’s cute and sweet, and he’s just glad xe still loves him and is his husband.
Jimmy remembers Lizzie’s reaction. Telling her he got married while he was away is a shock, especially when she finds out Joel knew and hadn’t told her yet. She, of course, then gave Scott the shovel talk. He loves his sister, but he knows Scott would never hurt him. 
Their Empires come and go, Xornoth causing enough chaos and so much more that makes them flee. Away from their collapsing world. And then they start up again. New world, similar premise since they lost their old world. Empires and rulers and just, fun. 
And of course, other things happen. MCC comes and goes, there’s Afterlife and Last Life and so much more. But then Jimmy’s missing his finns. Which, that’s weird, but it fits him in this world. He lives in a mesa, far away from the sea. Here, he’s not the codfather, he’s Sheriff Jimmy. And he is not a toy, thank you very much Joel. He just placed himself in a Wild West area.
And it’s fun! Scott still visits and flirts. Xe dresses up as Jessie once, just to mess with him and see him all flustered and upset. Xe refutes Joel when xe notices it’s too much for him, and they get to sleep in the same bed together more often. Xe helps him with his building and stays xyrs sarcastic, joking self. It’s wonderful and nice and void, he’s married to the most beautiful and wonderful person ever. 
And then Grian is back, a grin on his face, and an invitation to Double Life on his lips. 

-

It doesn’t really hit Tango until mag sits in their box, staring down at the wood planks beneath magmas feet. Soulmates. Mag is soulmates with someone who isn't Impulse, one of the loves of magmas life.
And yes, its all random. They aren't actually soulmates soulmates, the code just paired up people to share damage. But mag can't stop the hurt.
It takes even longer for it to settle into Jimmy's brain. It's night, and he's laying on his bed. He stares up at the ceiling, brain processing everything that has happened. 
His husband isn't his soulmate. Which, that's okay. It doesn't mean anything. Just that he's gotta stick with Tango and stay alive. Mag is nice, and funny. He needs to control his canary curse why did you do this to me? because Tango doesn't deserve to be subjected to that. Subjected to dying first everytime. Mag deserves a win. 
He misses Scott though. He can't help the yearning, xe is his husband. 
But the 2 go on. They talk with the others and stay together. They build a ranch and they're ranchers! It's fun and nice and Jimmy genuinely enjoys Tango's company.
Somewhere along the way, Jimmy starts to fall in love. And, don't get him wrong, he knows what polyamory is. Some of his friends are polyam and Scott is too, but- 
He's never been in love with more than one person before. Because yes, he still loves Scott. Xe is his husband and his life. Xe saved him when the whispers got too loud and he saved xem. 
And he knows Tango is in a polyam relationship. Team ZIT have been Team ZIT for a very long time, before Jimmy even knew them, before Jimmy knew anyone really. Besides Martyn and Grian-
But that's a tale for another day…
And Tango? Well, Tango is in love again. Mag's not unfamiliar with falling in love whether slowly or fast, but it's still nice. Falling in love with Impulse had been easy. He was kind and level headed but not that different from magma, chaos followed the pair of them. With Zed, it was different. It just slipped in, it happened. They were chaos incarnate, an enigma. It was slow and steady, simple. Snuck up on magma, and Impulse too. 
Falling in love with Jimmy was… different. It was quick, and it wasn't hard but it wasn't easy. There was a bit of conflict, mainly in magmas head. Jimmy had a husband. And mag had no clue if he was polyam, nor if Scott was okay with it.
Scott and Jimmy were in love. Mag knew that, and has known that since the pair stole some of magmas cows back in 3rd Life, wind in their hair, smiles on their lips, flower petals on their clothes. 
But Tango was Jimmy's soulmate, and Jimmy was Tango's soulmate and mag was in love again.

-

"Do you hate me?" Tango asks. 
Impulse looks up at magma, startled. His eyebrows are furrowed and he leans forward so he can get a better look at Tango. 
“What? Why would I hate you?” It takes magmas hand in its own, mouth pressed into a line. 
Tango gives him a look. "I just told you I fell in love with Jimmy."
"We're polyam, Tango," it gives magma a deadpan look. "We're not technically closed, either. If you wanna try and date Jimmy, you can. We can even ask Grian to use our cross world comm if you wanna ask Zed for permission. Because I'm assuming that's what this is, you're asking me for permission, yes?" He raises an eyebrow at his lover. 
Tango's cheeks flush red. "Kinda? I think so? I'm just- Jimmy's married to Scott, Impy," mag tries to explain, not sure if mag is doing it right.
"And?" Impulse replies, before sighing. It scoots closer, pulling Tango close. Mag rests magmas ear against his chest, listening to the demon's heartbeat. "We all know Jimmy, luv. Just talk to him and Scott, okay? The worst that can happen is its awkward for a bit during other Life series installments." 
"Okay… but can we go talk to G so we can message Zed?" Mag pulls back to face Impulse head on.
Impulse offers a grin. "Yeah, of course," he stands, dusting himself off. "Also, if it helps, I think Jimmy likes you too." 

-

"Scott, Scott!" Jimmy calls, crashing into xyrs base haphazardly. 
He vaguely misses his elytra, not gonna lie.
"Jimmy?" Scott walks out, Cleo on xyrs tail, the latter with her sword out. 
"What do you want, rancher?" They ask, eyebrows furrowed, scowling.
Jimmy puts his hands up into surrender easily.  
Scott holds an arm out. "Wait Cleo," xe says, gesturing for her to put her sword away. 
They sigh but listen, tucking it away into their inventory. 
"What's wrong?" Xe asks, stepping forward, grabbing Jimmy's arms to try and calm him down. 
"Uh, love things!" He squeaks out nervously, glancing between Cleo and Scott, face heating up. 
Scott softens slightly before turning to Cleo, still holding Jimmy. 
"Can you give us some space, Cleo?" Xe asks. 
Cleo's eyes narrow suspiciously. "Are you sure? It could be a trap." 
"Uh," Jimmy's brain wracks. They have a word for just in case they want to stop or need to talk during a series where they're on opposing sides. "What's the word…" his eyebrows furrow and it looks up at Scott before remembering. "Peaches! Please, I just want to talk." 
Scott glances at Jimmy, offering a soft smile to diffuse his panic, before turning back to Cleo. 
"It's okay, Cleo. He just wants to talk," he glances at Jimmy again before smirking at Cleo. "Or we might not talk at all, just-"
She waves her hands. "Okay! Too much information!" Cleo waves and then enderpearls away. 
Jimmy's cheeks are red when Scott turns back to face him. 
"Petal!" He complains with a huff, a smile on his face.
"What?" Xe teases, leading the blond to where xyrs bed is, sitting them down. "I'm not wrong! We could!" Xe insists. 
"No, no!" He shoves xem slightly, all lighthearted. "Peaches! I need to talk about something!" 
Scott laughs but nods, kissing Jimmy's lips quickly. "Okay, okay, what's happening, poppy?" 
Jimmy sighs, mood turning a bit more serious. 
"Okay, so, remember when you told me you were polyam and I said that was okay?" He asks. 
Scott's eyebrows furrow. "Yes, I do," xe worries xyrs lip. "Did something change?" Worry coats xyrs tone. 
Jimmy's eyes widen. "No, no, heavens no!" He reassures xem, grabbing Scott's hands and holding them against his chest. "Just, I think I am too," he's nervous. 
Scott grins. "Oh!" Xe leans forward and kisses Jimmy's forehead. "Oh Aeor, Jimmy, you scared me," xe leans xyrs forehead against his. "Is it Tango?"
His cheeks go a darker shade of red, and he nods slowly. 
"Yeah, it is. It just kinda happened, honestly. Sorry." 
Xe clicks xyrs tongue. "Nuh uh, don't apologize," xe leans back, eyebrows furrowed. "It's okay, poppy, to be in love. I'm polyam, Jim, it's not like I'm gonna be upset or anything. Tango is nice, we've known mag for a while, I trust magma." Scott's voice is soft, reassuring.
Jimmy nods slowly. "Yeah, I know just-" he struggles for words for a moment. "Isn't mag in a closed relationship with Impulse? Like, is mag even polyam?"
Cleo sticks her head in. 
"Hi, yes, hi," she starts awkwardly, cutting both of them off. They look over, both surprised. "I know I shouldn't have listened in, but I came back cause I needed something and happened to overhear that last part," they explain quickly. 
Jimmy covers his face, embarrassed. "Cleo!" He exclaims, flustered. 
"I know, I know!" She puts up her hands placatingly. "Just, Tango's polyam, okay? Mag doesn't really hide it, but it's not well known if you don't see magma constantly. Mag is in a open relationship kinda, and is dating Impulse and Zed," they explain. 
Scott and Jimmy blink at the zombie gorgon hybrid.
"Oh," Jimmy breathes out before hiding in Scott's chest. Xe chuckles, holding the back of his head. 
"I'll take that as my cue, bye!" She enderpearls off once again. 
"I think you just need to talk to Tango, poppy," Scott speaks up after a few moments of silence.
"Yeah?" Jimmy asks, muffled into xyrs shirt. 
"Yes, you big baby. Now, c'mon, lay with me, it's been a bit. I demand cuddles, petal." 

-

"Jimmy!" Tango calls out, a pep in magmas step as mag enters their shared home.
Jimmy looks up from where he had been crafting something, a smile on his face. 
"Tango!" He replies, moving to greet magma, giving magma a hug and a kiss on the cheek. "Where did you go?" He inquires, turning back to craft himself… something. 
He doesn't remember. 
"Oh!" Mag moves to sit down on magmas bed. "Talking to Impulse. Non-game related stuff."
Jimmy nods in understanding, moving to his own bed, crafting forgotten. 
"Yeah, same here, just with Scott," he replies honestly. 
The 2 stew in silence for a few moments, both wanting to talk but both 2 awkward to talk. When they do end up speaking up, it's at the same time.
"I think I like you more than as a friend!" 
"I have a crush on you!" 
The 2 stare at each other, surprised.
"You have a crush on me?" Tango asks as Jimmy asks "You like me more than as a friend?" 
The 2 stare at each other, both flabbergasted.
Jimmy breaks the silence first by starting to laugh. Soon enough, Tango is laughing as well, bending over. The 2 laugh for awhile at how dumb they've been acting. 
"We're so bad at this," Jimmy states once he has his bearings back. "Oh Aeor," he shakes his head. 
"Yeah, we are," Tango agrees, moving from magmas bed and sitting across from Jimmy on his. 
"What does this mean?" Jimmy asks, looking up at Tango. 
"Well, I've talked to Zed and Imp, so if you and Scott are okay with it, I'd love to try dating?" Mag offers with a lopsided grin. 
The fish hybrid brightens, wings twitching. "Yes! That's what I was talking to Scott about, actually. Scott's polyam, I just didn't know if I was," he explains, scooting closer with a grin. 
Tango's grin is breathtaking and blinding. Jimmy's is soft and loving. 
It's the start of something new. 

-

"Tango!" Zed comes crashing into Tango's base, grinning wildly. 
Mag looks up, raising an unimpressed eyebrow, blue fire hair flickering slightly. 
"Hey, Zed," mag replies, task forgotten, moving over to magmas lover. 
"Did-!" Red starts, practically vibrating with excitement, but mag cuts red off. 
"Nuh uh, not til Impy is here, okay?" Tango replies, moving to wrap magmaself around the shorter blond. 
It huffs but nods. "Fine!" They relent, letting Tango hold them. 
Mag laughs and leads them to a bed magma had set down earlier so mag could work, pulling back a bit. Zed leans against magma, humming softly, calmly waiting. Tango starts to doze slightly, listening to Zed, waiting for Impulse to pop up. 
Mag awakes fully when mag hears the sound of someone landing. Tango looks up, feeling Zed do the same, and grins when mag sees Impulse. 
"Impy!" Mag exclaims, standing up and moving Zed and magmaself over to the other. 
The demon grins, and moves forward. It hugs them and wraps its wings around them, holding them close. Zed bleats happily and Tango laughs. 
"C'mon, bed," he says, guiding the 2 over after he pulls back, wings folding over his back. 
Tango nods and moves to sit. Zed sits down on magmas lap, and Impulse sits beside the pair. 
"Okay, what did they say!?" Zed asks urgently once they're settled, happy, excited and a bit nervous as red worries red lip. 
"Okay, so, I talked to Jimmy and then we talked to Scott and-" mag starts, stopping at a shout. 
"Wait!" Grian lands in the doorway, breathing heavily. "Wait, wait!" He rushes over with a grin, wings flapping happily on his back. 
"G?" Impulse asks, its head tilted. 
"Okay, wait, Jimmy and Scott want to talk to you directly, okay? And they're at spawn and I just knew you muted your comms or something because none of you reacted to them joining or any of us pinging you," it rushes out quickly.
"How are they here?" Tango asks, just as surprised as the other 2. 
"They talked to Xisuma, c'mon!" He flaps his wings, starting to hover. 
The trio glance at each other and then they set off to spawn on Grian's heels. It takes mere moments and when they arrive, Scott is talking to Xisuma animatedly and Jimmy is poking at fish in the river, a soft smile on his face. Scott looks… different, less like an ice regal and more colorful. Xyrs cyan hair is still the same, but xe also has a streak of green still and xyrs coat has a different color on each piece. Jimmy still has his gills and fins, but he looks like a sheriff now, and wears a cowboy hat. 
Both of them turn when they hear the 4 land. Grian is quick to grab the admin's arm and pull void off, spouting something about… needing Assistance assistance? 
"Tang!" Jimmy exclaims, rushing over and jumping at magma. 
Mag yelps but catches him, laughing. Jimmy's laughing too and gives magma a quick peck before pulling back to stand by Scott. 
"What are you doing here?" Tango asks, grinning, one hand held by Zed, the other running through magmas hair subconsciously. 
"Well, you talked to us the other day and we know you wanted to tell them the answer! But then we remembered that we forgot to tell you something important!" Jimmy rushes out an explanation, face red in embarrassment. 
Impulse chuckles, arms crossing in front of him. 
"Take a deep breath, Tim," it advises, giving him a fond look. 
Jimmy nods, taking a breath, red fading. He takes another moment, puffing out his cheeks and then opening his eyes. 
"Thanks Impulse," he replies, offering a smile. 
Impulse nods, giving a smile in return. 
"Poppy," Scott reminds, placing a hand on the small of his back, giving a soft smile. 
Jimmy nods. "Right, yes!" He claps his hands. "You know how Grian is a Fouvale, yes?" He asks. 
The trio blinks. 
"Foe-vale?" Zed asks, testing out the word. 
Jimmy winces. "It's when a player made Watcher or Listener rebels and it makes them not quite human/hybrid but not quite Watcher or Listener, but still with the powers," he explains. 
"Ohhh, yeah!" Tango replies. "Yeah, G told us back in season 7, but never told us the term." 
"Yeah, Fouvale wasn't a term until recently," he says, a bit apologetic. "But uhm, I'm Fouvale. Not like G, though, Grian's a W-type cause of the Watchers, I'm an L-type, with the Listeners." He fiddles with his hands. 
Tango blinks, taking a moment to take that in. 
"Is that how you knew our anniversary before we told you?" Zed asks, eyebrows furrowed. "Or, kenw Tango was sick before we even knew-?" 
Jimmy laughs. 
"Kind of. It's… complicated. It's kind of like how G Watches? But I Listen. It's very weird. I could know everything, but that just hurts my brain. Plus, it's not that hard to be near silent," he attempts to explain.
"Is that why your eyes go green sometimes?" Impulse asks. "I remember it from Last Life. You were a yellow life, but sometimes your eyes would flash green and I'd get confused. I asked Grian but it just shook it all off." 
Jimmy sighs and nods. "Yeah, G's known. Same with Martyn and Pearl. EVO side effects. But it's harder to control on the Life series since it's gathered attention from Watchers and Listeners. It's why the bloodlust can get out of control, because They keep trying to amp it up. It's also why I have the 'canary curse' and die first." 
"And you didn't have bloodlust as a red life in 3rd Life," Impulse points out. "You just got defensive of Scott."
Scott grins. "Oh, he's very protective of those he loves. When Ren and Martyn came, he got so defensive, thought they were going to sacrifice us, told them to fuck off but in nicer words." 
Jimmy covers his face. "Scott!" He complains, turning to hit xyrs chest lightly. 
The elf just laughs and gives Jimmy a peck on the cheek. 
"Can we know the decision now?" Zed asks with a grin, excitement making it shake happily. 
"Right!" Jimmy grins. "So, we had to tell you that because we would love to have a server together, but we had to make sure you knew about me first."
"Jimmy," Tango steps forward, taking his hands. "I'm going to love you no matter what, okay? Having complicated origins doesn't change that and never will," mag promises.
"Plus, we're your friends," Zed adds, offering a smile. "That's not going to change either." 
Scott grins. "See! I told you it would all be fine," xe says, giving Jimmy's shoulders a squeeze. 
"I know!" He exclaims. "Still scary." 
"So, this is happening?" Impulse asks, stepping forward, hand holding Zed's behind Tango's back. 
"This is happening," Scott confirms.

-

"Who's in the kitchen?" Tango asks Jimmy hurriedly once mag makes it downstairs, noticing Jimmy watching TV on the couch. 
He hums, looking up. "Imp and petal, said something about sharing their dinner night?" 
Tango groans, flopping down. 
"At least its not Zed, but that means I have to do an extra night," mag complains. 
Jimmy laughs. "I'll do it for you. I can teach Zed how to make something other than cereal," he replies. 
Tango looks up, eyes narrowed. 
"You promise to make sure the spoon doesn't burn down the house again?" Mag asks. 
"Yeah, I promise," he gives Tango's head a pat and then a kiss to the cheek before heading upstairs. 
Mag stretches across the couch, eyes slipping shut. Mag barely reacts when a body slips onto magmas, just cracks an eye open and then closes it with a soft smile.
"Hey Imp, what happened to cooking?" Mag asks, moving to run a hand through the demon's hair as it gets settled. 
"Waiting for a timer, Scott's gonna go woo Jimmy or something," Impulse explains, humming softly. 
"Ooooooo, 10 bucks says he comes down here with at least one hickey," mag says with a grin. 
It chuckles. "I'll take that bet, I think xe will have the hickies," he replies, patting magmas chest for a handshake.
"I'd say both," Zed pipes up from below them. 
The 2 turn to see Zed laying on the ground, grinning up at the pair. They wave, before getting up to join their cuddles. The pair move easily, becoming their trio.
They cuddle for a few minutes before a timer goes off. Zed moves so Impulse can stand. Tango sits up and the trio watch as Jimmy and Scott come downstairs, talking quietly. 
"Ha! I win! You both owe me 10 dollars!" Zed exclaims, grinning like a maniac. 
The pair on the stairs startle and turn to face the 2 in the living room, Impulse having moved to deal with the food. 
"What's happening?" Jimmy asks, moving to sit down on the couch beside Zed and Tango. Scott stands in the doorway between the kitchen and the living room, also curiously. 
"You both have hickeys," Zed points out with a grin. "We made a bet. Tango said you'd come down with hickeys, Impy said Scott and I said both of you," it explains. 
Jimmy rolls his eyes fondly. 
"Only you, c'mon!" 
Scott is red as xe helps Impulse finish up the cooking.
And it's perfect.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Fake love By :)

Fanfiction

108K 2.5K 40
When your PR team tells you that we have to date a girl on the UCONN women basketball team and you can't say no to it... At first you don't think too...
561K 12.4K 39
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
135K 5K 87
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
513K 16.1K 74
Hiraeth - A homesickness for a home to which you cannot return, a home which maybe never was; the nostalgia, the yearning, the grief for the lost pla...