Aftermath

By heartlessbrock

This is the sequel to Chaos. Hope you enjoy! More

1
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
114
115
116
117
118
119
120
121
122
123
124
125
126
Not a chapter

6

4.3K 88 97
By heartlessbrock

"So....have you told cute cop that you want to go on a date with him?" Stacie asked as I rolled some silverware.

"No, I haven't even talked to the kids about it." I said with a sigh.

"Are you not wanting to go?" She asked causing me to purse my lips. "It's not that..I just..well I don't want to get close to someone again." I said and looked down.

"I wouldn't want to get close to someone only to have the fear that the kids would get close and the guy would leave. They've been through enough." I said and looked up at her.

"They've been through enough, or you've been through enough?" She asked and raised her brows.

"They've been through enough." I repeated. "Plus, I don't want to leave them alone. Look at them, they're so innocent." I said and looked over at the booth they were sitting in.

Jenna and Carter were working on homework together and Sam was playing legos with Juniper.

They really were such good kids who cared about me so much and tried to make my life a little easier every day.

"What if I watched them. You don't have to tell them it's a date that you're going on, and I can make sure they're taken care of." She said as I frowned.

"I couldn't afford to pay you. I can't even afford my meds right now. Not to mention the stupid speeding ticket." I said and closed my eyes.

Everything has been so stressful which was far from good for my condition.

I had my first seizure in a while the other night, which means that they are probably going to be coming more frequently.

Driving was extremely dangerous when I wasn't taking them and was borderline illegal.

That's the only reason I was considering using the money Colby gave us.

I didn't need his help and I didn't fucking want it, but if I had a seizure while driving and killed my siblings then I would never forgive myself.

"You haven't been taking your meds?" Stacie asked with concern.

She was my best friend and knew everything about my condition and needs.

"They're almost $400." I mumbled, picking at my nails.

"I'll give you the money, Jules! You have to take your meds." She said as I shook my head.

"I couldn't let you do that. I'm looking into getting insurance..it just might take some time." I said with a frown.

"Let me at least drive you home tonight." She said and put her hand on my arm. "How are you gonna get home from my house?" I asked as she grabbed her phone.

"I'll have Parker Uber here and he can follow us." Stacie explained.

Parker was her husband who was the sweetest guy alive. It made me happy that she had someone who loved her.

Stacie was really the sweetest soul I'd ever met.

"If you insist." I said as she nodded. "I really do. I'm gonna lock up." She said and walked away.

I sighed and finished my task then went over to the table my siblings were at.

"Hey guys. Ready to go?" I asked as they all looked up at me.

"Sissy, I'm sleepy." Juniper said and rubbed her eye with her first. "Miss Stacie is gonna help us get home." I said and lifted Juniper out of the booth and into my arms.

"Wait, why?" Carter asked as I tapped on my head. "Gotcha." He said as I nodded.

"Parker is gonna be here in a couple minutes. By the time we get the kiddos in the car he should be here." Stacie said as I nodded.

"You heard the lady, let's get to the car." I said as Juniper rested her head on my shoulder.

When we got to the car I got the kids situated then went to sit in the trunk since my car could only fit five people and not six.

"Are we ready to go home?" Stacie asked as she got in the drivers seat. "You know the way?" I asked and popped my head up through the back seats.

"Yep." She said then started the car. I was glad that Stacie decided to drive us home because I was feeling foggy and a little sick which meant a seizure would come on soon.

I hoped it would wait until I got the kids to bed.

"Thanks for the ride, Stace. I seriously appreciate it." I said and got Juniper, who was now fast asleep, out of her car seat.

"Anytime, Jules. Just let me know if you need me to watch the kiddos." She said then winked.

"I'll let you know." I said then turned to go towards the house.

When we got inside I looked at Sam, Jenna, and Carter. "Can you guys all go into the living room? I have to talk to you." I said as Sam frowned.

"Are we in trouble?" He asked as I shook my head. "No, bud. Just have a question for you all." I said as they nodded and left to go into the living room.

I brought Juniper upstairs and to her room. I didn't bother putting her pjs on because the clothes she was wearing were comfortable enough to sleep in.

"Goodnight, love bug." I whispered then kissed her forehead before turning to leave the room.

When I got downstairs I went into the living room where Sam, Jenna, and Carter were.

"Okay...so..." I said awkwardly as they looked at me. "How would you guys feel if Stacie came and watched you for a night?" I asked and picked at my nails.

"Are you going on a date?" Carter asked as I pursed my lips.

"Not a date, just..to dinner with someone." I said as Sam giggled. "So, a date?" He asked as I shook my head.

"Just dinner! Nothing serious." I said as Jenna squinted. "It's with the cop isn't it?" She asked as I rolled my eyes.

"No! It's just a friend. Are you guys okay with it or not?" I asked and crossed my arms.

"You deserve a night out by yourself." Carter said with a nod. "I agree." Jenna said as Sam nodded.

"Are we gonna meet your boyfriend?" Sam asked as I sighed. "I'm not dating anyone. We clearly remember how well that went last time." I said with a sigh.

"Do you miss him?" Carter asked as my eyes widened slightly. "I don't want to talk about this." I said with a sigh.

"Understandable. I'm tired, so I'm gonna go to bed." Carter said and stood up. "Goodnight. I love you, let me know if you need anything." I said and gave him a hug.

"Goodnight, Jule. I love you, too." He said then left the room. "You guys should go to bed, too." I said then looked at Jenna and Sam.

"Yeah, it's getting late." Jenna said with a yawn as they stood up.

"I love you guys. I'll see you in the morning." I said then hugged them both. "I love you, too." Jenna and Sam said at the same time before leaving the room.

I sighed then closed my eyes, running my hand through my hair.

Today had been a long day but I still had to do some school work so I went into the kitchen to make some coffee.

Coffee and energy drinks were the only thing keeping me alive sometimes.

I went into the kitchen and started brewing my coffee. I then went to get the mail since I haven't gotten it in a couple days.

Getting the mail stressed me out considering mostly everything I got was either bills or junk.

When I got back to the kitchen I started to sort through the letters.

Most of them were the usual bulls and junk but one stuck out.

It was a white envelope with my name handwritten on the front.

I opened it, pulling the piece of paper out.

Juliana,

This is your final warning to bring the kids back to me. I am their legal guardian and you are not. If you don't bring them back to Seattle, then I will be suing you and taking you to court. This is absolutely ridiculous and illegal. This will be the final letter before legal action is taken.

Mom.

I felt my heart start to race as my hands started to shake.

I tried so hard to be strong for everyone around me. I tried to keep my emotions to myself but this was the straw that broke the camels back.

I was sobbing uncontrollably, holding onto the counter so I wouldn't fall over.

I was doing everything right. I was staying sober and taking care of the kids more than I was taking care of myself.

There was literally nothing I could do about this considering she was their legal guardian.

I wasn't going to just bring them back into an abusive place because she was threatening me.

I had to fight to get them into my custody.

"Jule?" Carter asked quietly, causing me to snap out of my meltdown and straighten myself up.

"What's up?" I asked and stood up, wiping my cheeks. I could still feel an intense pain in my chest, but I had to keep it inside.

"What's going on?" He asked gently. "Nothing for you to worry about. Is everything okay?" I asked and sniffled.

"Just came down to get some water and heard you crying." He said as I shook my head. "I don't want you to worry about me. Everything is going to be okay." I said and hugged him.

It sucked that I didn't have anyone to truly help me through all of this but I promised myself the day we left LA that I would protect and love these kids like they were my own.

They didn't need to stress about anything as long as I was here.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.5K 264 27
The sequel to Asylum.
293K 7.1K 112
This is a sequel to heartless, if you haven't read that one yet, read that haha love you guys!
108K 1.3K 81
Hey guys so this is a sequel to Colby Brock Instagram Hope you guys like
44.6K 1.9K 13
Sequel to Downward Spiral "It's not easy to hold onto a person you love, Sam. Sometimes they slip away and nothing you do can keep them holding on. S...