Escape [Fruits Basket OC]

par13ker tarafından

Hatori paused for a second finding his choice of words. "I understand you and Akito are still at odds..... do... Daha Fazla

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
The Beginning
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Your Highness
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
He's Different
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
The God is Here
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
You Saved Me
Who?
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
The Original Story
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Epilogue

Chapter 26

702 32 9
par13ker tarafından

She arrived to the estate and to say she was mad was an understatement. She knew she'd have to be here. That wasn't the issue. Timing... terrible timing was the problem.

She ignored Akito's call from demand and once again headed straight towards him. Shigure this time was sitting on the steps. He heard Audrina's footsteps but didn't acknowledge them until they were right infront of him.

"Have fun Audri?", he questioned.

Audrina grabbed his collar and lifted him up until they were standing face to face. He only looked to her with neutrality.

"Why do you keep doing this....", this time she was serious. Her voice scarily calm. "Showing up to work, sending Akito to us, and you knew damn well where I was. Hatori must have told you. He also told you that I'd be here. So why is it you had to call. What is your problem? Honestly."

One thing Audrina disliked about Shigure is that he knew how to match her energy. They have been together for way to long. So calmly he wrapped his hand around her wrist. Lowering it from the collar of his kimono.

"Mad at me I presume."

"You are crazy", she pushed him back. He stumbled until finding sturdy ground, she once again stepped up not in his hands, " I dare say as crazy as her! Why is it with both Amrin and Kieran, I find myself having to deal with you. I was gone for damn near 8 years. You knew my address, where to find me. And don't say you were kind enough to respect my boundaries because I know you didn't give shit! So go ahead..... I'm here now. What. Do. You. Want."

  "And alas.... You answered." That statement alon forcing Audrina to freeze. Regarding the phone call. She knew who it was, and she knew he was one the other end wanting cause trouble. But she still pressed answer. Shigure walked up to her and closed the distance. Audrina only looked up to him, his next move clear.

"Don't", she sternly spoke. "I asked you a question."

  Shigure hummed, "if you allow me, I'll show you what I want."

"You're psychotic.", she shook her head. Not wanting to deal with him anymore she stepped. Aside and walked past him. Aware but completely ignoring the set of eyes on them. She would have to deal with her later.

But what Audrina didn't realize was her assumption to who was watching was completely wrong. Akito was waiting for her in the God's designated living space. Who was watching her was someone else who despised her for a complete different reason.

Shigure titled his head back and watched her stomp off. Audrina felt his gaze, but what she hadn't noticed about that entire conversation was the key sense of change. Shigure was aware that moment she didn't apologize for her harsh words. Because she haven't as much care towards how he felt. While Shigure was sure of himself before, he was much more confident in his assumption.

Audrina held her composure when she entered Hatori's office. While initially she was there to rant, she stumbled in on one of the estate maids. The same one who has been lecturing her since she was a kid. The last encounter that she needed to make her night worse.

"Audrina! Heavens sake where have you been", she walked up to her. Audrina stared at her blankly before turning around about to leave. However, this time they were insistent.

"Don't walk away when you've already put Akito an immense load of stress. Do you have no shame?"

"Where's Hatori", she poked her head out of the door and looked to either end of the hall. Just to be disappointed that he wasn't there. 

"That doesn't matter at the moment, your God wishes to speak with you."

Annoyed that she hadn't bought herself more time. Audrina sighed and walked out not acknowledging the trail they had on her to ensure she actually went to her. She didn't knock either. Audrina walked in and shut the door behind her. Leaving her in a room with only the light of the sun  to make aware someone else's was there.

Akito had similar positioning to Shigure. One arm resting on the top of her knee. She didn't turn at Audrina's presence. It was clear no one else would enter in such a way.

"We missed you last night.", she started. Audrina crossed her arms and rolled her eyes. She still held the grudge that both Akito and Shigure played a part in her having to be there. When in alternative situation, she could of been with Kieran. At his house m, she would able to say how she felt.

She kept replaying that whole scene in her head. His complements. The way his hands felt.... right in hers. He was beyond what she could ask for and the only thing that is setting her back was the entire curse. Shigure. Akito. All of those combined into one has led her to where she stood then. More upset than she's ever been.

She didn't say anything, just waited for whatever she had to say next. But it was only a chuckle.

"I figured you'd be difficult. That guy has messed you up. And to think you had the audacity to let him speak to me in such ill manner."

"Why don't we leave him out of this?", Audrina finally spoke. She wasn't going to bring Kieran up. There was too much risk. It was already a demand that he'd have his memories erased.

  "No I think the issue is that we haven't spoke of him.", she turned and stood. Audrina didn't moves an inch and allowed Akito to walk up. She was tired. Tired of dealing with Akito. Tired of trying to keep the perfect attitude. It was all starting to dawn on her. But Akito took her silence as vulnerability, instead of seeing what it truly was.

"What is wrong with you", she chuckled. "Why is it out of the Zodiacs, you have caused me the most stress. You're stubborn and ungrateful to when I truly want the best for all of us. You are screwing us up."

"Really", Audrina finally spoke up. Taking all the words that Akito spewed at her and turned it back, "I'm screwing us up. Me. Because it seems like the only reason every one of us are miserable is because of you."

"How dare you!", Akito stepped up. But Audrina kept going. What made Akito mad, was her tone. Not yelling. Aggressively calm.

"You know I tried.", she scoffed. "You kicked me out. I stayed away...... And mistakingly I've come back only for you to be back obsessed with what I do in my life."

"You're not suppose to be caring for anyone else! You are the owl, the maid for everyone in the Zodiac !"

"And your suppose to be our God.", Audrina snapped. "If you don't play your part why the hell do you expect me to do mine."

Akito slapped her. Audrina took it, nothing would lead her to put her hands on Akito. But with that Audrina felt the conversation was over. Resulting to physical violence was a tell-tale sign that she had nothing left to say. So sighing, she turned around and started out the door.

"You don't turn away from me!", Akito came up and stood to block the doorway.

"Get out the way", Audrina spoke clearly.

And Akito in that moment came to terms. She realized that despite Audrina's words. She had the ultimate power. So instead of yelling or denying. She stepped aside. And that alone took Audrina by surprise.

"I want you moved back into the estate by Friday."

"Okay", Audrina nodded.

It wasn't enough. Akito needed something else. To drive her off the edge. And while she was waiting till the task was complete to actually announce it. Her mouth was faster than her brain.

"It's a shame...... really."

Audrina rolled her eyes and placed a finger on the doorknob.

"Let's hope Kieran isn't as weak on his own than your last one."

"And what is that suppose to mean", Audrina drew back from the doorknob. Her brain after hearing Kieran's name out of her mouth was working fast. Akito hardly speaks names outside of the Zodiac so something was up.

"Nothing really", Akito walked behind her back to sitting in the steps. Audrina turned and watched. Waiting for the rest of her statement. But she was not going to. Leaving Audrina to think.

Weak on his own....

Weak

Audrina thought back to Amrin. When he was most vulnerable after them being together. And when the thought hit her. It hit her hard. Her eyes widened to the point they were ready to pop out of her head. Akito took her silence this time as realization.

An all too familiar situation.

Her heart stopped. "Where is Hatori..."

Akito had no issue answering. "Doing something he should of done a long time ago."

"W-wh-.", Audrina immediately was dialing Kieran's  number. But it automatically went to voicemail. And there was nothing left for her to do except panic. "He hasn't done anything wrong."

Akito shrugged her shoulders, "you haven't learned."

"I've learned", her voice came out strained.  The wall she built up now crumbling. Her true vulnerable state coming out for the first time in front of Akito. This whole time she's been redialing his phone.

"Does this Kieran know that you've slept with him. Whoring around like nothing bad could happen?"

But her words were disregardedq when a ring came from the other end. Audrina walked out of the room, slamming the doors behind her.

Hello....

Kieran's voice was exhuast-ridden. It was about to be noon but they have been up all night.

"Hey. How are you?", she tried to keep her voice from shaking.

Hungover. He groaned. You get any sleep?

She sighed out of relief. He remembered. That either means that Hatori hasn't done it today, or he won't do it until she doesn't notice.

"Not really."

He hummed in the other end. You need to get some rest. Clearly he was still half sleep but Audrina was just glad to hear his voice. But one thing she wanted to stress while on the phone is something he needed to be awake for.

"Kieran..... can you do something for me."

Anything

Her heart constricted at that. The sincerity in his tone despite his state. There was nothing more she was sure of than what he has her feeling like. But it was getting to real. To much.

"Just know that I'm sorry. For..... If you haven't noticed I'm kind of a mess alone and then the entire Sohma drama", she sighed as she noticed herself rambling, "if someone comes up to you black hair, tall, purple eyes. . Don't talk to him. He might mention my name. Oh and he's a doctor.... So maybe white coat and-."

Audrina

She pulled her lips in. This entire situation was all too familiar. But this time she was not going to let it happen again. Kieran couldn't forget her. Because she wasn't willing to let him go.

  What's going on

And she wasn't planning to cry. But before she knew it a tear trickled down her face. She quickly wiped it away. But there was only one way to prevent any of Kieran's memories being wiped. Only one sure factor to have Akito back off of him. She hasn't gotten the chance to act on anything that she desperately wanted.  And it was killing her.

"Nothing.... nothing", she shook her head.  Wiping the other tear that slid down her cheek. "Umm just wanted to say I had fun last night."

There was a pause on the other end. She looked at the phone to double check he was still there. So when he spoke again, she was only surprised to hear his voice completely cleared up. No more drowsiness in his tone.

Yea me too.  And I will try and make Friday enjoyable.

"Mhmm", she couldn't stop more from falling. "Well, drink coffee, take an ibuprofen. And-."

Calm down.... He chuckled on the other end. This is not my first hangover... I'll be fine. But thank you... seriously.

"Yea... Of course." And Audrina couldn't take it anymore. She hung up the phone. And turned around. Akito came out of the room..... and the smile on her face was devilish.

Audrina didn't bother hiding her frustration. And she was at a stump. Her worlds were mixing once again and if she could barely handle the first time it happened, she was falling.

"See what happens when you don't listen. You go and hurt others. You're selfish."

No matter what she did. She was to blame. She released a shuddered sigh and turned. "Bye Akito."

——————————————————

She walked into what she assumed to be an empty room in the estate and shut the door. And with tears streaming down her face she dialed another number.

And it went to voicemail, but she knew they were most likely busy. She already had her statement prepared.

Hi Tristan, it's Audrina. I apologize for the delayed response but I have an answer. And I'd love to take part of the working interview. I've received all the information and can't wait to hear back from you. Thank you.

She pressed the end call and leaned her head back against the wall. Startled when a voice came from the other side of the room.

"Audrina...."

She looked across, her eyes wide and met with orange ones. Kureno stepped from the shadows and walked up to her.

"What do you want?", she mumbled her eyes closed. Her head was pounding and she was already ready to be done with the conversation before it began.

"Where is the job at."

Audrina wasn't surprised he overheard, but this is the one thing that she didn't care about people knowing.Because at the moment, the distance was the only thing that was pushing her to do it. While it was a handicap before, she had to resort to last measures.

"U.S.", she whispered.

Kureno's eyes this time nearly popped out. He hadn't seen Audrina like this ever. It was more than just being exhausted. It's like she'd given up on everything that she's been familiar with.

And Kureno hates that he blames himself. There was more parts that he played in this entire situation than he like. "You can't do that."

"And why not", she opened her eyes at him. Them alone being tired.

"B-because..... what about him."

And like his name didn't heaven have to be mentioned to cause her pain. She squeezed her eyes shut and sighed out desperately, "Doesn't matter anymore Kureno."

And with that she needed a moment truly to herself. And what best to do it at the place she used to call home. So with that she pushed herself off the wall and turned to leave the estate and take the walk to her home that was a far distance away from everyone.

"Hatori isn't going to do it. You know this.", Kureno spoke with a desperate plea following her.

"That's not the point!", she turned. "It's the simple fact she can threaten me with that every single time and it will never not be heart wrenching. We all know what happened last time Kureno. I can't do that again."

And while Kureno was ready to speak again, Audrina turned and walked out the door. Completely ignoring the calls from him, or the figure that was right outside. Like always Shigure knew everything. But one thing he didn't account for was how far Audrina was willing to go to distance herself. Especially when her owl spirit was initially thought to want to be close.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

103K 3.1K 31
"she does not remind me of anything, everything reminds me of her." lando norris x femoc! social media x real life 2023 racing season
142K 5K 39
❝ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. ❞ She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...
1.1M 29.9K 37
After the passing of Abigail Bentley's mother, she is now the only one responsible for her family's well-being. Her father, often too drunk to stand...
136K 6.3K 35
"I can never see you as my wife. This marriage is merely a formality, a sham, a marriage on paper only." . . . . . . She was 10 years younger than hi...