RE: Summoned to the parallel...

بواسطة Lerpa2k2

Overworking, underpaid, and frustrated. That is the definition of a certain person named Jack Cooper, an aver... المزيد

Character Sheet Vol 1 W.I.P
Chapter 0: A life cut short
Chapter 1: The TITANFALL PLAYER SYSTEM
Chapter 2: Where I am.
Chapter 4: A bad premonition
Chapter 5: Numb
Chapter 6: A morning of different perspectives
Chapter 7: A metallic abomination's descent
Chapter 8: Giants Clash
Chapter 9: The way of the sword titan
Chapter 10: Status Update
Chapter 11: Reassurance
Chapter 12: Finally...Home
Chapter 13: Miruzo City...finally
Chapter 14: The maidens of the esteemed Quagmire Inn
Chapter 15: A pair of crimson redheads
Chapter 16: Adventurers' Guild registration
Chapter 17: One angry red head
Chapter 18: A very impossible feat
Chapter 19: The enslaved fairy
Chapter 20: The sweet release from her suffering and its adverse effect
Chapter 21: Cause of her suffering
Extra Chapter
Chapter 22: Despair and Hope
Chapter 23: A knight in shining armor?
Chapter 24: A fairy's friend
Chapter 25: The start of certain troubles
Extra Chapter : The fairy and the giant
Chapter 26: The prophecy...
Chapter 27: New stuffs, solo run
Chapter 28: My first solo dungeon dive
Chapter 29: Movements in the shadows
Chapter 30: Miasma Slime
Chapter 31: Man&Drones vs Slime
Chapter 32: Man&Titan vs 3 slimes
Chapter 33: The corrosive miasma slime's true form
Chapter 34: The winning move
Chapter 35: Boss's a pet
Chapter 36: Family
Chapter 37: Date?

Chapter 3: Anomaly at the Mountain

1.1K 36 3
بواسطة Lerpa2k2

What is man's most significant innovation of all time? I remembered a certain point in life when my college professor asked a simple question "what was man's greatest invention?"

 Weapons? Construction method? Vehicles? Books? 

The answer was fire. Man did not create fire however, man accidentally made it, and nature taught man how to do it. 

The man saw that fire could cook food, bring warmth at night or in rainy weather, fire can scare predators....but man also knew that fire could consume the maker, burning their belongings and themselves, after seeing the aftermath of their negligence and ignorance man then learned that fire is a double-edged sword. 

If you don't know how to use it, then expect that you will get burned due to your own ignorance.

=====================================================

*SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA*

I was right. The weather situation is as fickle as it gets as always, it rained after I found a temporary shelter to place myself under. My only source of light is the flashlight that was attached to the pilot helmet as well as the enhanced night vision feature that came along with the helmet.

[I want some barbecue] I swallowed my saliva as I imagined grilling on a rainy Sunday evening BY MYSELF, damn it. I never had any to accompany me on that one so I brought myself to remember something sad. 

I'm currently resting on a rock formation that was convenient to sit into, and then patiently waited for the rain to settle. The sound of the rain hitting the ground is dampening any noise outside and inside the cave. My only way of knowing if a threat is nearby is by glancing occasionally at the tactical map to see whether a nearby enemy is present or not.

But man this is boring. I have nothing to do except stare at the UI and the less-visible forest.

It sure is peaceful that it makes me feel that something out of a horror movie would pop out by surprise. 

To be honest, I like it when it rains, but not when I am outdoors.

*Ping!Ping!Ping!Ping!Ping!Ping!Ping!Ping!Ping!Ping!Ping!Ping!Ping!Ping!Ping!Ping!Ping!Ping!Ping!Ping!*

When I was about to get deep in my thoughts, a notification sound alerted me and I immediately glanced at the tactical map. 20 red dots appeared at the foot of the mountain, though it was on the opposite side of where I am.

[What are they?] I don't know what they are unless I saw and identified them myself, that is how the map feature works. The map's hostile and friendly markers can only identify something accurately once I have identified whatever that is by myself, however, it would always be indicated with a blue for friendlies, white for neutral, and red for hostiles.

I feel that going there by myself would be a bit of a dangerous thing to do, hence I opened the INVENTORY window and looked at whatever I can find that seems to be useful.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

INVENTORY LV 1 [38/100] 
-5, 100-round box magazines
-10, 15-round pistol magazines
-1 Plasma Drone 
-1 Plasma Drone Controller
-3 unidentified safe-to-eat berries
-3 MRE
-10 person first aid kid
-5 water purifying kits

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Ammunition, a drone dispenser, a controller, and then berries. 

I already found what I needed, but I am a bit curious as to why these berries were still left as "UNIDENTIFIED".

[Hmmm...it's a bit bigger than what I remembered it was in the game] 

(Illustration, not mine, CTTO, you can find it here 
https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/titanfall/images/0/0f/TF2_Drone_Concept_1.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20170523104505)

When I took it out, it was about 5 heads taller than me and has a circumference similar to that of an underground canal pipe. Still, the sheer size of each compacted drone alone amazes me. In the game, you are told to eliminate these bad boys because they are searching for the protagonist who coincidentally has the same name as me. Each drone is about as tall as my knees when in a compacted version and is super-duper-heavy. As in heavy, it's heavier than me and that is for sure.

[Okay, now how do I start one of these up?] I took out the tablet-like controller that has these fixed joysticks on the sides, making them look like a certain game console except this one has more than just AXYO, LR&UR, and LL&UL. It has a sliding switch at the top which can change the view of whatever drone you want to control among these 5. 

[Oh? Oh...OH?!!!] When I turned it on, the logo of the IMC then appeared.

INTERSTELLAR MANUFACTURING CORPORATION

The UI of the drone controller then appeared after that.

How do I start this? Like a kid being given their first mobile phone, I immediately looked around it and begin pressing whatever I can.....

{ACCESS DENIED}{ACCESS DENIED}{ACCESS DENIED}{ACCESS DENIED}{ACCESS DENIED}{ACCESS DENIED}{ACCESS DENIED}{ACCESS DENIED}{ACCESS DENIED}{ACCESS DENIED}{ACCESS DENIED}{ACCESS DENIED}{ACCESS DENIED}{ACCESS DENIED}{ACCESS DENIED}{ACCESS DENIED}{ACCESS DENIED}{ACCESS DENIED}{ACCESS DENIED}{ACCESS DENIED}{ACCESS DENIED}{ACCESS DENIED}{ACCESS DENIED}{ACCESS DENIED}{ACCESS DENIED}{ACCESS DENIED}{ACCESS DENIED}{ACCESS DENIED}{ACCESS DENIED}{ACCESS DENIED}{ACCESS DENIED}{ACCESS DENIED}

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The heck?! I remembered now! I am on the militia side.....fuck. I almost threw the controller out of frustration, but good thing that it crossed my mind about that matter.

[Ah oh, there's that] I searched my belt and found what I was looking for, a not-so-lethal knife for its use is not for combat. A data knife. There was something like a slot in the side so I inserted the tip there...and...

{HACKING....COMPLETE}

{ACCESS GRANTED, WELCOME USER}

Access granted, nice. With that, the screen has now turned on showing me buttons that you can use in controlling 5 drones. A deployment button, a return to compact button, a firing button, an elevator slider, a thermal imaging button, a scanner button, and a black screen.

Well, just like a mobile phone-controlled drone, it needs to be paired I think. 

{PAIRING.....PROCESS WILL TAKE 10 MINUTES}

[Hmmm....I guess I will just take one out for now] The dispenser has an emergency door at the side so I took the top most compacted drone and then placed it at the ground.

God, it's heavy. My back almost broke as I tried to find my core when lifting it up, if I did not hold my breath then perhaps I would have been injured by that. Self-inflicted injuries are a no-go when it comes to survival in the wilderness.

Since I only needed one drone, for now, I stored the dispenser and its remaining drone units and then headed out of the cave. Still, I find it hard to carry such a bulky thing.

{PAIRING COMPLETE, DEPLOY DRONE? YES|NO}

[Yes please]

{DEPLOYING PLASMA DRONE#1}

*Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr*

It's solenoid and motors then expanded its compacted frame, showing me what it looks like when it is about to fly.

*RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR*

It instantly hovered after that about 2 meters up in the air, its fan and propulsion system for its VTOL generated that much air to perhaps push me back.

[Wow] Any geeky teenager would love seeing this physically. The camera of the drone then looked at me, and then the screen on the controller then highlighted my body with a green light indicating that I am the controller.

With the onboard joystick at the side, I then controlled it to move there and here, then up and down with the elevator. Its maximum speed is 50 kph, and its rate of climb is 10 m/s. It's a decent drone, in fact, it has a gun with it.

If I control the drone's flight control with the joystick and elevator, the gun can be aimed and fired using separate controls. There's an auto-follow feature where if the user stores the controller, the drone will follow the user and hover nearby. As for the firing mechanism, it is highlighted here that I can fire it and zoom its sight. Next is the energy meter at the top...

[So it has a limited flight time huh, as expected it uses batteries after all] Though I can recharge it back by placing it in the dispenser.

Okay, now with this setup going on.............

It's scouting time.

================================================================================

In the cover of the rainy weather, the night was about to start creeping into the skies as the moon barely peeks at the slight opening within the thick dark clouds. 20 men, all in a cloak traveled at the foot of a mountain bringing with them waterproof lamps to guide their way. 

Wet footsteps can be barely heard as their group treads continuously under the harsh weather.

[Are we there yet?] (??) Asked one of them, clearly, his voice is irritated because they'd been walking for hours now without any stop. His feet were sore and wet, not just his' but also included the others, it was difficult to walk as their footwear is beginning to get soaked with muddy water.

[Just shut it, you're still new so you just have to follow, or else we'll have to shut you ourselves] (??)

[..............] (??) Out of fear, the complaining member just nodded in silence while cursing under his breath.

It has just been a few weeks since he joined this sketchy group due to their promise of giving him a big sum of money. He took the offer, and now he's complaining.

The other reason for that is because he's also one of the members in this group who are carrying luggage. They're being treated as baggage handlers that's why.

[Fuck....am I supposed to work like this?] (??) He cursed again, forcibly pulling up the hemp bag on his back. Inside it is food and water, and it is heavy. 30 kg, that was how heavy it was. 

Unbeknownst to him and the rest of them, hovering 50 meters above them, something is silently watching each of their movements.

==========

Author here

"When life gives you lemons, you make them into lemonade"

The quote above has no significance with what I will share to all of you. I am still rewriting the story so don't be worried, and don't be impatient too. My course only allows me to have 1-3 classes per day with the lowest class amount being at 1 for M T W F S SN, In short I have classes all the days of the week....huhuhuhu....that is life, but at least I now have more time in writing the story so rejoice!

As for the story, I decided to settle down on one TITAN for one thing, shifting to others caused me to almost forgot their abilities and such, hence a measure must be taken and because of that I arrived with choosing one TITAN for the protagonist's main partner.

Another matter too has rose for the past days, I received 10 messages both in this story writing platform and in my social media account of "why a reboot?".

Let me be clear with this....cough....

Why a reboot? Why not smooth out the first story? Well first and foremost, rewriting a 100 chapter story is tiring as heck and that is true, and a single mistake of deleting a chapter would be detrimental for the story, so to avoid that I decided for a reboot. Just like Light Novels, they too can start doing a reboot instead of rewriting the original story for a reason. Readers who have read the first story would get confused because of the revisions made by any author for the first part of the story down to their latest, I wanted to avoid confusion so I did a reboot. Also this reboot will just add more concrete information to make the information and lore surrounding the story more...definitive? IDK what to put with that, but I hope you read this without scrunching your forehead. The story will still be almost the same, but with a few revisions as well as adding a character sheet now because I don't want to forget about who the fuck is this and that. 

Still, if you like the story please give it a vote, and if you have thoughts please comment it down. The author is a masochist anyway so negative comments are [positively] welcomed as well~

-Author

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

2.2K 102 43
Ok... this is entry log numbraro-or however you say "number" in Spanish-1... Do I really have to do this? Distant female voice: yes, just keep going...
1.8K 25 14
This is part 1 of Rocket x Oc part 2 coming soon I used to have a beautiful nice life with both my parents that was until my father had passed away j...
2.9K 64 17
Tropes: Childhood friends to lovers, Soulmates, Twin Flames, she falls first but he falls harder (or is that the case . . .), you complete me, Tragi...
Ignorance بواسطة Hafsat Aminu

قصص المراهقين

1.1K 213 25
Life comes at us with different tests, different tricks and different obstacles and the more you go through them the harder they get, just like a gam...