Invisible String. Stiles Stil...

By graciesriddance

"Amelie Nightly can see ghosts!" ( teen wolf s3-tbd ) ( stiles stilinski x fem!oc ) ( april 2022- ongoing ) More

Invisible String
part one, fallen star
o. once, twice...
i. protect him
ii. it was you
iii. honor code
iv. ghost friends
v. dark oak
vi. incongruous
vii. motel california
viii. dig deeper
ix. the anchor
x. dig deeper pt. 2
xi. emotional tether
xii. the nemeton
part two, black out days
xiii. phantom wound
xiv. in a heartbeat
xv. best fake smile
xvi. hammering hearts
xvii. silverfinger
xviii. for amelie
xix. deny, deny, deny
xx. true leader
xxi. stubborn maze
xxii. kanima venom
xxiii. silver arrowhead
xxiv. blink of an eye
part three, rockland
xxv. when in paris
xxvi. angela simone
xxvii. beacon hills
xxviii. intuitionists
xxix. confrontations
xxx. call for me
xxxi. can we talk?
xxxii. the other woman
xxxiii. soulmates
xxxiv. the puzzle pieces
xxxv. berserker's bone
xxxvi. power of tezcatlipoca
part four, hard to sleep
xxxvii. senior scribe
xxxviii. totally paranoid
xxxix. potential girlfriend
xl. promise me
xli. by a thread
xlii. wishful thinking
xliii. all of him
xliv. old and senile
xlv. death sentence
xlvi. weight of the world
xlvii. hidden truths
part five, sign of the times
xlix. the whole universe
l. black and blue
li. fire, blood, and carnage
lii. under the bleachers
liii. bloody massacre
liv. dumb decisions
lv. a vanishing mason
part six. ceilings
lvi. i'll always love you
lvii. elephant in the room
lviii. gold in your blood
lix. zombie cowboys
lx. on the other side
lxi. caleb the ghost
lxii. bring you the stars
lxiii. temporary loss
lxiv. a movie on replay
lxv. invisible string
epilogue
THANK YOU!

xlviii. collateral damage

2.4K 82 61
By graciesriddance

( XLVIII. COLLATERAL DAMAGE )

DESPITE EVERY CELL IN HER BODY BEGGING FOR SLEEP, Amelie couldn't shut her eyes for a second. Beside her, Stiles leaned his head on her shoulder, his eyes tightly shut as he slept, waiting for his father's surgery to finish. Amelie wanted to sleep, too, but she just couldn't bring herself to, like something very bad would happen if she did. She decided to go with that.

After what felt like hours, Melissa finally approached them, her expression grim. It made Amelie's nerves tense, bundled up with thorns. The brunette gave her a questioning look, but the nurse did not respond. Instead, she kneeled in front of the sleeping boy and patted his shoulder to wake him up.

Stiles woke up with a jolt. His eyes were wide awake, like he hadn't slept a second. He turned to Melissa expectantly.

"He's okay." Melissa nodded. Amelie felt a sigh escape her. "Dr. Geyer is stitching him up right now."

"Okay," Stiles said breathily. "I wanna see him."

Melissa nodded, "Okay, okay... The anesthesia needs to wear off. It's gonna be at least two hours."

Stiles turned to Amelie, who gave him a reassuring, teary smile, as she patted his shoulder before turning back to Scott's mom. "Okay, yeah, but everything's gonna be okay, though? I mean, he's okay?"

"Mmhmm. He's gonna be just fine."

"Oh, thank God."

But, that relief wouldn't last long. Amelie needed to learn that this was their luck with most things right now.

"What do you mean, "You don't know?" She asked angrily, arms crossed across her chest as she and Stiles faced Dr Geyer, who met them with disappointing news.

"Two hours ago, he was fine!" Stiles yelled, "Now it looks like somebody took a baseball bat to his neck."

"There could've been some minor internal—" Dr Geyer tried to say.

"I don't think those two words should be in the same sentence," Amelie muttered.

Amelie could feel Stiles shaking. "I need to know what's going on with him, okay? Dr. Geyer, somebody needs to tell me what's happening. Somebody needs to tell me what's happening to him!"

"We don't know..."

Just as Stiles was about to get into another argument, a figure walking up to them caught Amelie's eye. She stiffened at the sight of the last person they wanted to see right now. She patted Stiles shoulder and whispered, "Stiles..."

The boy looked at her for a second before turning to where she was looking, and it was like he forgot all about the argument. Instead, he ran up to Scott and slammed him into the wall.

"Stiles—!"

"WHERE WERE YOU? You trusted him? You believed him? Right? Huh?" He bellowed, eyes wide with anger. "So, WHERE. WERE. YOU?"

"Stiles, stop," Amelie gripped his elbow, trying to pull him back.

"Where the hell were you???"

"Stop it!" Amelie yelled, placing herself between the two boys, hands on Stiles' chest. The silence between them was thick, they could feel it. Stiles furrowed his brows, staring at Scott apologetically, who was staring back with a hurt expression. If it weren't for the circumstances, Amelie would've let Stiles do what he wanted.

She turned around, arms crossed as she and Stiles both faced Scott, almost like he was under interrogation.

"Your dad's not the only one who got hurt—"

Both Stiles and Amelie shared a glance knowingly before they spoke together. "Oh, you'll heal," The blood stain on his shirt spoke a thousand words.

"I'm not talking about me," Scott raised his brows, covering the stain with his jacket.

"Then who?"

🥰

When Parrish and Scott informed them it was Lydia, Amelie thought she gained an immunity from shock. It seemed like everyday, someone was getting hurt or dying. At that point, she was just focused on fixing everything— Amelie thought killing Theo was their best option.

She was just so furious. At Scott, at herself, at Theo. How could they have been so stupid to let someone into their pack like that? To infiltrate it and ruin it from the inside. They put their trust in the wrong person, and now they were dealing with the consequences— the lives of their friends.

"It could be a side effect of shock," Parrish pointed out.

"She's catatonic," Amelie scoffed, running a hand through her hair, "It was Theo digging his way through her mind."

"Why would he do that?" Melissa asked hopelessly. "What is he looking for?"

"The same thing he's always looking for—" Scott sighed. "An advantage."

"So what did he gain by trying to kill Stilinski?" Parrish furrowed his brows.

"It left me alone with Liam," Scott replied, "Theo wanted to make sure no one would be there to stop him from... killing me."

Stiles mumbled, "Okay, so he gutted my dad as a distraction?"

"We need to find this kid."

"Isn't that a little dangerous?" Melissa quirked a brow, "Especially since he almost killed my kid?"

"Yeah, but he said he didn't want my dad to die," Stiles defended.

"And you believe him?"

"He told us where to find him," Amelie added with a shrug. "So, maybe he also knows how to save him."

"What do you want to do?" Melissa shrugged. "Talk to him?"

"If it saves my dad, then yeah."

"I'll come with you," Scott suggested, receiving nervous looks from Stiles and Amelie. "He doesn't know that I'm alive— maybe that gives us an advantage."

"Absolutely not," Amelie shook her head. "He'll know you're there. He's not a werewolf, but he is still a Chimera."

"I just need to talk to him, not fight him," Stiles said, walking to the door to leave.

"Stiles, you can't go alone," Melissa rolled her eyes, "Does anyone even know how to find him?"

"We don't have to find him— he'll come to me."

🥰

Amelie couldn't stop shaking her leg.

As she and Stiles situated themselves on Scott's stairs, they waited for Theo to show up. Stiles was pretty adamant on the fact that the Chimera would come to them, so Amelie decided to just let him be. As long as his dad turned out fine.

Warmth pressed up against her knee. Her eyes travelled to Stiles' pale hand trying to stop her shaking. She mumbled a quiet apology before leaning her head on his shoulder, his hand still on her knee.

"Don't stress about it," He whispered, his breath fanning her face, "We'll be fine."

"I'm not worried about us," She replied shortly.

Before Stiles could reply, Theo's figure emerged, a smirk on his face, making them both straighten up. He eyed the line of mountain ash Stiles left at the door before scoffing and stepping over it.

"I guess we're all telling the truth now," He said amused before a distant look grew in his eyes, glancing upwards to where Scott hid. Amelie quickly threw one of Scott's shirts at him.

"You killed my best friend?" Stiles asked, his voice hoarse.

"Let's be honest, Stiles—" Theo rolled his eyes. "Was he still really your best friend?"

"Are you going to let my father die?" Stiles ignored Theo's question.

"If I wanted him to die, I wouldn't have told you where you can find him," Theo retorted.

"Then why are they saying his body is shutting down?" Stiles asked, "That some toxin is poisoning him, and they don't know how to stop it?"

For a short second, Theo didn't look smug— he's surprised.

"I'm not the bad guy," Theo sighed, "I'm just a realist. I'm a survivor. If you knew the things that I know..."

"Yeah, but what do you know?" Amelie crossed her arms across her chest.

"I know what's coming. I know what the Dread Doctors created," He raised a brow. "And, I know what Parrish is."

"You know what Parrish is because Lydia knows what Parrish is," Amelie pointed out making Theo shrug innocently.

"Lydia figured it out," He admitted, "I saw it in her memories."

"Right after you drove her out of her mind..."

"Collateral damage," Theo shrugged again, and Amelie's heart dropped.

"Was my sister collateral damage too?"

An almost apologetic look crossed Theo's features, but he managed to regain his composure at Amelie's heartbroken expression. He turned back to Stiles, whose face held the same agony as Amelie, his hazel eyes watching her.

It was that moment Theo realized how much those two meant to each other because even though Amelie's world was down in shambles, she showed up for Stiles— for his dad. And even with everything happening with his dad, Stiles' face held the same heartbroken expression— he was heartbroken for her.

"If Lydia is right about Parrish, then things around here are gonna get a lot worse," Theo sighed, ignoring the painful expressions on the duo's faces.

"I don't care," Stiles snarled.

"You should..." Theo smirked, "Because if your dad does survive, he's not gonna be Sheriff of anything much longer."

It was like he knew how to get under Stiles' skin because the human jumped to his feet, his heart hammering beneath his ribs. "What's happening to him?"

Theo backed away slowly, which only infuriated Stiles more as he roughly grabbed him by his shirt, but Theo was stronger— he shoved him to the ground, his head hitting the wood hard enough to knock him unconscious.

"Stiles!" Amelie gasped as she grabbed his face in her hands. Looking back, Theo was gone and she could hear Scott's feet stomp down the stairs.

"Stiles, get up," She mumbled, patting his cheek softly, "Come on, you need to get up."

"Stiles!"

The boy woke up with a heaving gasp. Amelie and Scott exchanged worried looks. "Are you okay? Are you hurt?" Scott asked, eyebrows furrowed.

Groaning, Stiles sat up, wincing at Amelie's hand that went to his head to make sure he wasn't seriously hurt. "I'm fine," he nodded.

"You blacked out..." Amelie trailed off.

"I'm okay," Stiles insisted, "Didn't you get anything from him?"

"Nothing," Scott shook his head grimly, "He was calm the entire time."

"What about his heart?" Amelie asked.

"I heard it jump, but only once, and only for a second," Scott shrugged.

"That doesn't mean he was lying," Stiles mumbled.

"Not really," Scott pursed his lips awkwardly, "The rest of the time it was steady."

"When did it jump?" Amelie asked, "What were we talking about?"

"It was when you said that your dad was poisoned."

"That could be something," Stiles replied 
hopefully, "A jump could mean surprise, right?"

"Yeah," The Alpha nodded, "Yeah, I think so."

"So, why would he be surprised that my dad's still dying?" Stiles furrowed his brows.

Scott's eyes suddenly widened, "Oh, wait... He didn't say that he was the one who attacked your dad, did he?"

Amelie's eyes widened in realization, "There's another Chimera."

The trio headed outside together to get moving when Amelie's phone started ringing. She half-expected it to be Karly but was hit with the agonizing reminder. Her eyes widened when she saw it was her mom, whom she hadn't heard from since the day Karly died.

"Mom?" Amelie called suspiciously.

"Get home, Amelie," Sydney's voice shook, "Now."

"Why? What's wrong?" Amelie's brows tightened, "Did something happen?"

"Do as I say. Now, Amelie."

Before she could get another word in, Sydney hung up, leaving Amelie more confused than ever. She turned to Stiles, who was staring at her confused from the driver's side of the Jeep.

"My mom wants to talk," She explained apologetically.

"Is everything okay?" He frowned as she walked up to him and held both his hands.

"Yeah, it just seems urgent," She nodded, "I'll be back as soon as I can—"

"Don't worry about it," He shook his head, "Take your time. This is your mom."

Sighing, she smiled softly at the boy before kissing him quickly. "Be safe," she whispered.

"You too."

🥰

The house was quiet when she arrived. If it hadn't been for the fact that Amelie knew her mom was home, she would've thought the house was empty. A little sting pained her heart, knowing that this house used to be so full of light and sound. That there was always someone home, waiting for her.

When Amelie got to her room, she froze. Sydney sat on her bed, head in her hands, which clasped onto the orange bottle she had almost forgotten about.

"Mom?" Amelie whispered.

Sydney raised her head, revealing bloodshot eyes, and tear stained cheeks. Amelie frowned. Her mom shook her head in disappointment, clutching the bottle tighter.

"Where did you get these?" Was the only thing she said.

Amelie approached her carefully, but her mom only glared at her. "Mom, I can explain—"

"No," Sydney shook her head, "I've been through this once, and I lost your father because of it. Now, I lost your sister. I won't lose you too, Amelie."

"Mom, I get you're upset, I just need you to listen—"

"I listened to your dad," She snapped, "I listened to him tell me it would be okay. That he was okay. Then, he died. You think I'll believe you, too?"

Sydney sprung to her feet and left the room, dragging her daughter by the forearm, leaving Amelie confused and distraught. "Mom, where are you going? Let me go—"

Sydney wouldn't answer, she just dragged her to the car. "Get in."

"Where are we going?"

"To get you some help."

"Mom, please you need to listen to me," Amelie pleaded, her voice thick with tears as she was pushed harshly in the passenger seat, watching her mom get into the drivers seat. This couldn't be happening right now. "Stiles needs me—"

"Stiles can wait, Amelie. Eichen won't."

"Mom!" Amelie's voice ripped at her seams, trying to get out of the car but her mom was quicker— she locked the doors, "Not Eichen. Please—"

"I knew you'd be difficult," Sydney's voice turned cold, as she turned to get a bag from the backseat. At that point, Amelie was trembling, tears flowing down her cheeks in disbelief of her own mother. Where would she take her? How would she tell Stiles?

"Mom, stop," was the only thing she managed to say.

"Stay still, this won't hurt."

Amelie's eyes widened at the large syringe Sydney took out of the bag. She turned to her mother's face, and for a second, it was like she wasn't herself. Sydney was trembling, lips wobbling, as she hovered over Amelie.

"Mom, NO!"

A small gasp escaped Amelie as she felt the needle pierce the skin of her neck, an instant numbing feeling taking over her head like a buzz. She kept mumbling quiet 'no's, hoping she would wake up in her bed. That this was some horrible nightmare. That she would find Stiles next to her.

But, before she could think of anything else, blackness took over her vision, and the world went quiet.

author's note...!

welcome to the first chapter of part five!!
as u can see, very scary times are ahead so
grab your tissues and popcorn and enjoy the
ride... THE ROLLERCOASTER.

also, thank u guys so much for 300k?!?!?!
this is a dream omg

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75.9K 2.8K 61
"𝐵𝓊𝓉 𝓃𝑜𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃' 𝒾𝓈 𝒷𝑒𝓉𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝓈𝑜𝓂𝑒𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒𝓈 𝒪𝓃𝒸𝑒 𝓌𝑒'𝓋𝑒 𝒷𝑜𝓉𝒽 𝓈𝒶𝒾𝒹 𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝑔𝑜𝑜𝒹𝒷𝓎𝑒𝓈 𝐿𝑒𝓉'𝓈 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝓁𝑒𝓉 𝒾�...
11.5K 291 30
i made a fist and not a plan. [ FEM!OC / STILES STILINSKI ] [ TEEN WOLF S5 ]
133K 3K 63
"All along there was some Invisible string tying you to me - derek hale x fem!oc! •++***++• Teen wolf SEASON ONE - SEASON SIX *• started: 6/26/23 *•...
31.3K 1.6K 46
"𝓑𝓮𝓽 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓝𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻 𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷 𝓶𝓮𝓽 𝓶𝓮 𝓘 𝓭𝓸𝓷'𝓽 𝓫𝓵𝓪𝓶𝓮 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓑𝓻𝓸𝓴𝓮 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻𝔂 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓽𝓫𝓮𝓪𝓽" 𝘤�...