Promised Love ~ Dramione

By hh_2000

"You said it yourself, you're a Death Eater, and correct me if I'm wrong but that's worse than being a Mudblo... More

The Beginning - Ch.1
Hogwarts Express - Ch.2
Hogwarts - Ch.3
Dorms - Ch.4
Marriage Law - Ch. 5
Letters - Ch.6
Pairings - Ch.7
Morning - Ch.8
Trust - Ch.9
Slytherin - Ch.10
Owls - Ch.11
Classes - Ch.12
Azkaban - Ch.13
Vial - Ch.14
Birthday - Ch.15
Tower One - Ch.16
Whiskey and Wine - Ch.17
Black Shirt - Ch.18
Narcissa Malfoy - Ch.19
Work - Ch.20
Granger - Ch.21
Tub - Ch.22
Halloween - Ch.23
November - Ch.24
Viktor Krum - Ch.25
Jealous - Ch.26
Them - Ch.27
Winter Break - Ch. 28
Dinner (Part 1) - Ch.29
Dinner (Part 2) - Ch.30
Week one - Ch.31
Winter Reunion - Ch.32
Home - Ch.33
The Ball - Ch.34
Christmas (Part 2) - Ch.36
Back to Hogwarts - Ch.37
Surprise - Ch.38
Saint Mungos - Ch.39
Us - Ch.40

Christmas (Part 1) - Ch.35

15K 241 136
By hh_2000

"You got me a Christmas tree?"

Draco looked away, a blush rushing up his neck. "I might've..."

They were standing in their living room, a decorated tree by the fireplace. Presents were spread underneath it, wrappings full of colour and illustrations. Hermione stood across from Draco, eyes wide.

The tree hadn't been there when they returned from the ball. Nor had it been there when they closed the floo and headed off to their room. They had been up nearly 2 hours after they had returned, locked in their room. Hermione must've not woken up when he had left their bed. But when she eventually did, she came down in a green silk robe and found the tree and then him on the ground with his head against the sofa.

She walked over to him, wrapping her arms around his waist and kissing his lips softly. "I love it"She mumbled, kissing him again. "Thank you"

She felt him relax against her, his hands burying themselves into her hair. He tilted her head, making his way down her jaw instead. She stopped him with a hand to his cheek, pushing him back. "Presents first"

He raised an eyebrow and a huff of a laugh escaped him. He leaned back in, pressing his lips against hers quickly before grabbing her hand and tugging her to sit on the ground. He sat behind her, pulling her into him. She untangled herself and reached for a present before turning to face him.

He stared at the oddly wrapped present in her hand and saw a small blush cover her face. She held it out to him. "Merry Christmas, Draco" She was smiling shyly which only spiked more curiosity.

He took it slowly and unwrapped it. It was a green snow globe with something jumping around in the centre, running in circles. It was covered with fog. She saw his lip twitch and rushed into an explanation. "It's a two way connection- if we're apart, we can speak through it rather than letters and I thought it would be convenient-"

He interrupted her as he buried his hand into her hair and dragged her close enough to kiss her. She wrapped both arms around his neck and legs around his waist. She pulled back an inch, "Do you-"

"I do" He kissed her. He felt her smile and smirked in return. She pulled away again and pulled the snow globe from his hands. She pressed the bottom and the fog disappeared. His smirk fell.

Inside the snow globe was a white ferret.

"Seriously?"

She smiled sheepishly, threading her fingers through his hair. "It's thoughtful"

He didn't look amused but it didn't stop him from wrapping an arm around her. He reached for another present, and pulled it between them.

He didn't recognize the handwriting. Hermione, however, did. She snatched it from him and spun it so she could see what was written.

Malfoy - Merry bloody Christmas

P.S. if you're going to snog Hermione like that again, have some decency to get a room.

Hermione laughed and Draco took the gift back. "Who is it?"He questioned, bewildered.

She got up, pulling herself away from him as she continued to chuckle to herself. "Open it. I'm going to make some tea"

"Granger, who is it?"He repeated, reaching for her. She took multiple steps away. "Just show me when you open it" She told, walking into the kitchen.

"Granger!"

2 minutes passed and Draco walked into the kitchen, a book in his hand. Hermione was stirring her tea as she turned to look at him. "It's Potter, isn't it?" He said.

"Depends. What did you get?"

He held up a book; Twelve Fail-Safe Ways to Charm Witches. Hermione stepped forward to get a better look but he hid it behind his back with a shake of his head. "If I end up using this book, you're not allowed to read it"

"Malfoy!"

He smirked, magically sending the book back to the living room and stepping towards her. "Of course, not that I do need a book to please you"

She scoffed, handing him his cup of tea and striding away into the living room. They sat together beside the Christmas tree, opening the rest of the presents. He sat behind her, arm resting against her hip and reaching around her to get his presents.

He stopped at an weirdly wrapped package. He opened it cautiously, putting aside the wrapping paper and holding up a green knitted jumper.

There was a large letter D in the middle, white.

Hermione turned to look at him when she noticed he had gone silent. Her eyes grew wide. "Is that a-"

"Weasel Jumper"Draco muttered.

He was staring at it. She expected him to make a twisted remark but she saw the way his eyes visibly softened as he stared at it.

She turned halfway, raising her hand to cup his face before she pressed a soft kiss to his lips. "She's considered you family"

Draco's eyes flickered from the jumper to her. "You know, I taunted the prefect weasel about this- the one older than the twins. I saw him wearing it in first year. Merlin's just kicking my arse with it now"

"You can make it up to him by wearing it when we go to the burrow"

His head snapped up, eyes wide. "What?"

"We're going to the burrow"

"Are you mad?"

"Draco-"

"They'll kill me" He hissed dramatically. "You're walking me into death trap. And wearing their jumper? Oh how great, they'll kill me and bury me with it"

"You're being dramatic"She scoffed. "Molly and Arthur are incredibly kind. They were worried about you after what happened-"

"Why were they worried? They don't care about me- they don't know me"

Hermione turned completely, facing him and the jumper now between them. "Your Aunt Andromeda is close with them" She stopped when he stared at her in shock. "And, according to Ginny, when she heard what happened, she nearly followed after me"

She stayed silent to allow him to process it. He rested his eyes on the jumper, clutched in his hands. "Andromeda"He repeated. He hadn't heard her name since Voldemort had tried to embarrass them with her. Tried to tie them to a blood traitor...

None of that mattered anymore. But the fact that his Aunt, one he had never met, had been worried about him.

"Her and Harry are close because of Teddy- her grandson and Harry's godson"Hermione told quietly. "She has asked about you and your mother a few times, Harry told me. She knows how Narcissa saved Harry. She knows that most of the things you did were to protect your family. She knows and she understands. And she cares"

Draco didn't say anything. "Her worry affects them. And... my worry did too. Watching me run out just to get to you might've showed something to them. And probably with an explanation from Ginny and Harry and Lavender, they probably saw that you were worth caring for" She said, her eyes focused on his, though he wasn't looking at her.

She let out a breath and for a second, he had mistaken it for an irritated sigh. He looked up and found her eyes locked on him. "She's going to be there. And I've told the Weasleys and her that you might come, so they're expecting you... it won't surprise them when you arrive"

He cleared his throat and stared over her shoulder. He weighed his options before he looked back to her. "If I go, I'm not wearing the jumper"

Her face split into a smile, pure joy crossing her face. She patted his cheek childishly, "We'll see about that"

He raised an eyebrow but just as he was about to retort, their fireplace burst to life and Harry damned Potter stepped out.

Hermione spun around, wand in hand. She let her arm drop as she stared at Harry. "What're you doing here?"

He scowled at Draco and at their position. "Gross"He mumbled before looking to Hermione. "Merry Christmas"He added pointedly and Hermione rolled her eyes. "We're just waiting for you lot and Molly won't let us eat anything without you two"

"I thought we were having a Christmas lunch-"

"It's breakfast now. And she expects you both to wear your Weasley Jumpers" He smirked at Draco.

"Get out of my house, Potter" Draco snapped, a hand flying to Hermione's waist when she tried to get up. "And don't come back"

With some impressive bit of magic, he managed to get the floo powder into Harry's hand, shoved him back with some type of force and called out 'The burrow' and Harry was gone. The fire went out, indicating the floo network had been locked.

"That was rude-"

"What's rude is to interrupt our time"He silenced her argument with a kiss, arms slipping around her. He drew her closer, kissing her breathless every time she tried to utter 'Rude' or 'We need to go' or anything that wasn't related to them. He had managed to get them on their feet and half way out the living room when there was pecking on the window.

He groaned against her mouth as he felt her smile. She pulled back slowly, wrapping her arms around his neck, "Karma for trying to distract me" She told, her lips skimming his. Then she stepped away, flashing a smirk and heading to the window.

He watched her as he leaned against the wall, waiting. She had opened the window, taken the letter, closed the window but she didn't return to him. She stayed, looking down at the letter in her hands.

He stepped closer slowly, noticing it wasn't a letter but the daily prophet. He was behind her now, reading it over her shoulder.

DRACO MALFOY AND HERMIONE GRANGER TO BE WED?

There was a picture of them before the first dance under it. Then it faded into a photo of them sitting together at a empty table, their friends cropped out. Then there was another with them standing beside Narcissa and another one of them leaving the ball room. The final photo was slipped in, a picture of them kissing behind a pillar. The photos repeated.

He knew the daily prophet didn't have anything nice to say about him and the way Hermione stayed quiet confirmed it. He took the paper from her, surprising her, and tossing it to the side. "Did anyone say anything about it?" He asked as she turned to him, knowing she had gotten gifts from other Gryffindors.

Hermione looked away from him. "Parvati and Padma wish you a Good Christmas but it sounded a bit forced. Dean and Seamus... they didn't really leave a note other than their names. I did get a letter from Tracey Davis-"

"What?"

"I didn't open it"She told quickly, facing him. "I've learned from fourth year to not open letters from suspicious people"

"Did you get anything from anyone else?" He hadn't thought they would send anything to her.

"Other than gifts, no. Theo and Blaise got me books,"A smile spread across her face. "Pansy sent an invitation to Lunch, so we'll be meeting her there. Daphne got a Christmas ornament of us- but I'm not so sure how she got all the photos before the daily prophet"

Draco smirked at that. "Astoria got me a necklace. I'll show you everything when we return from the Weasleys if you're still willing to go"

He groaned, stepping away and dropping down on the couch. "How do I know they won't kill me?"

"Because Bill is reasonable and so is Molly"

"Reasonable as in-"

"As in Bill was the first one to ask about you and Molly took time to make you a Weasley Jumper" Hermione crossed her arms.

He huffed, "Fine. But only for an hour"

"An hour-?"

"I am not giving them time to make up their minds and torture me"

"You're dramatic"

"My company is fixed with Theo and Blaise,"He retorted. "What did you expect?"

She raised an amused eyebrow but didn't get to speak further before there was a knock on their door. Draco was on his feet and had his wand out in an instant, Hermione's hand was hovering over hers. "Molly wants you!"

Ginny.

"Did you give her the address?"He questioned.

"Of course not!"

"Then-"

"HURRY!"

There was a pop of disapparation. Draco covered his face with his hand. Hermione grinned, walking over to him and pulling his hand away before she pressed her lips against his. "Only an hour. Then we'll come back, have a bit of time together, go to lunch with Pansy, then we'll have a few hours before dinner with your mother and then-"

She cut herself off. He stared at her, his brows furrowing before he caught on. He raised a hand to her face, tucking a hair behind her ear and dragging her attention back to him. "We don't have to go to your parents if you don't want to"

She shook her head slowly. "I need to go. I haven't seen them in two months-"

"That was their decision"Draco reminded, his hand resting on the back of her neck.

"I still need to go"She whispered.

He sighed and looked away, towards the mess of wrapping paper on the floor. He wandlessly cleared away the mess before speaking. "We'll go after Dinner with my mother then"

She tipped her head up, kissing him slowly. "Thank you"

"For what?"

"For wanting to come with me"And she kissed him again.

She stepped away, grabbing his hand and leading him to their room. They had to get dressed quickly after Ginny kept shouting through their connected snow globes.

Hermione stepped through the floo at the Burrow, walking from silence to absolute chaos. Teddy was running around the house, giggling loudly as Ginny chased after him, laughing. Harry was yelling 'Be careful!' and such after them. Fred and George, she saw them outside, were having snowball fights with Ron, Lavender, Alicia and Angelina. Charlie was sending jinxed snowballs at them from the kitchen.

With all that was happening, the living room was empty and no one had noticed her yet. She felt Draco appear behind her. She gave him some room to step out, walking towards the kitchen. She froze almost immediately. Draco noticed.

She spared a glance at him before clearing her throat. "Andromeda, Merry Christmas"Hermione smiled as she walked over to her. Andromeda turned and grinned. She set her book aside and pulled Hermione into a hug.

"How are you? I saw the Daily Prophet this morning, you two looked lovely" Andromeda told. She seemed hopeful almost... to see if he had came to see her.

Hermione looked over her shoulder. Draco walked into the room, examining every little thing before his eyes fell on his aunt. Hermione stepped to the side, an encouraging hand at Andromeda's elbow. She watched them both carefully, waiting for a reaction...

Andromeda seemed overwhelmed, tears in her eyes. Draco stared blankly but Hermione knew his mind was racing. Andromeda raised a hand to her face, covering her mouth before she stepped forward. Unexpectedly, her hand rises to his face. She cupped his cheek lightly and Hermione heard Draco's sharp intake of breath.

"You look so much like your mother" Andromeda said quietly.

He was taken aback, having always been told he looked like his father. He took a few seconds to take in every detail. She resembled Bellatrix, if she hadn't gone lucid. She had the same nose as his mother, though her hair like Bellatrix's. He saw some of his grandparents in her as well, the eyes that neither his mother nor Bellatrix had inherited. He held her gaze for a little longer before his eyes flitted over to Hermione. He was nervous. She could see the panic in his eyes as he looked at her for help.

And Andromeda saved him from answering as she hugged him, her arms around his neck and forcing him to bend to her height.

His face flushed slightly as he wrapped an arm around her shoulders. He almost looked relieved. Maybe at the fact that she hadn't smacked him across the head for his past mistakes, for not blaming him for deaths of loved ones. Her daughter, his cousin. Her husband, his uncle. Her son-in-law, his teacher. Most usually forgot he had connections with fallen ones..., not always the best but he wouldn't have wished severe death on them.

He had seen them on the battlefield, he had watched Remus Lupin die. He had watched his Aunt Bellatrix kick aside Nymphadora Tonks' dead body. He had watched many classmates die and it was too late to turn back. He had been a coward at points...

"I'm Draco Malfoy, I'm Draco, I'm on your side!"

Andromeda pulled back and there was tears in her eyes. It dawned on Hermione that Draco was the first relative other than Teddy that Andromeda had gotten to see after Tonks' death.

Their moment of reunion ended as laughter filed into the kitchen, Teddy running in as Ginny followed. Ginny froze in her spot, eyes wide as she looked from Andromeda to Draco to Hermione.

She tried to turn away but Draco had already stepped back. Andromeda didn't think anything of it as she bent down to pick up Teddy, smiling.

Harry then entered the kitchen, stopping behind Ginny. "Malfoy"He nodded his head at him in greeting. Then he smirked, "Did you get my present?"

Draco scowled, turning on his heel and leaving the kitchen without a word. Hermione smiled and shook her head, walking over to Ginny and Harry. She pulled them both into a hug before she turned to Teddy. He grinned at her and held out his arms, waiting for her to hold him. She took him from Andromeda and after she had kissed the top of his head, she got permission from Andromeda before going after Draco.

He was standing at the window, watching the others play in the snow. "Draco"She said, shifting Teddy in her arms. He looked over his shoulder, his brows furrowing when he saw Teddy. Hermione sat down on the couch, waving Draco over to them. She sat Teddy beside her, watching as he stared at Draco curiously.

Draco hesitated, staring at Teddy for a little bit before he moved to sit on the coffee table across from them. Hermione rested her hand on his knee. "It's alright, you know that? There's nothing to overthink. She likes you"Hermione told.

"There's no reason"

"She gave you a reason"

"What would that be?"

"You look like her sister"Hermione said. "A sister she hasn't seen face-to-face in nearly 30 years. It's as though a part of her has been restored"

He let out a sigh, maybe a groan, she wasn't sure. He leaned forward, his head resting on her shoulder and his hand against her waist.

She threaded her hand through his hair, turning to look at Teddy. He was still staring at Draco, his hair going from brown to teal to white-blonde. Hermione smiled, too preoccupied with watching Teddy's hair to notice that the toddler had reached for the hand Draco had placed at her waist.

Draco looked over, frowning, before narrowing his eyes at Teddy. "You really are a Potter spawn"Draco muttered under his breath.

Hermione shoved at his shoulder, giggling as he just pulled her closer to him. His head was back against her shoulder but he had an eye on Teddy. Teddy looked toward Hermione before changing his hair to Brown, then blonde when he looked at Draco and then red.

"Not in front of the child!"

Draco spun around at the voice, glaring at Ginny Weasley. She rushed around the table, picking up Teddy and putting one hand on her hip. "This is a home to 11 people right now, if you want lovey-dovey time, you'll need to wait" Ginny scolded.

She walked out without another word but Hermione heard her close the door and cast a locking charm. Hermione smiled just as the blinds shut as well, leaving them in darkness, save for the candle on the table.

She brought Draco's attention back to her, cupping his face and pulling it down to hers for a quick kiss. I love you.

-:-:-:-

The Weasleys had welcomed him with as much warmth as possible. Fred and George had gotten to him at some point, when Hermione was distracted, and had threatened him. He had walked toward Hermione uncomfortably later on and told her they had 2 minutes before their hour was over.

Ginny and Harry had treated him as usual. Alicia and Angeline didn't pay him much attention. Bill and Fleur were polite. Charlie had only greeted him. Ron ignored him while Lavender tried to be friendly. Percy was professional, Penelope Clearwater was nice enough.

Molly had accepted him as part of the family almost immediately. Arthur was more hesitant. Andromeda had been smiling the whole time. And Teddy was watching Draco.

But they hadn't made him feel unwelcome, save for Ron. They'd talked as though there wasn't a death eater sitting among them.

Hermione and Draco left 20 minutes after Dinner, 18 minutes after the Twins threat. When they arrived back at their apartment, Hermione cornered him. "What did they say?"

"Who?"

"George and Fred!"

He raised his eyebrows and turned on his heel, walking out of the room. "Draco!"

"Mhm?"

She sped after him, shoving his shoulder. "What happened-"

He had grabbed her by the wrist and spun her to stand in front of him. He had her pressed against the wall in seconds. He dipped his head quickly, not letting her speak as he pressed their lips together. She let out an angry huff against his lips, one hand around the back of his neck and the other pinching his side for distracting her.

The rest of their time passed as a blur after he led her to their room.

-:-:-:-

Draco,

Our family friends will be joining us for dinner. They invited themselves. Theo, Pansy, Blaise and The Greengrass' will be there as well, their parents too. I hope you get this letter before dinner. I'll see you and Ms.Granger soon.

Your Mother, Narcissa.

Hermione placed the letter down on the table. She leaned back against the couch, hugging her robe tighter around her as she looked up at Draco. He had been pacing for the last 5 minutes.

"Are all of them going to go?"

"I'm sure of it. They're planning something. They don't like being surprised"

"I thought most of them were fine with me?"

Draco scowled. "Yes, their sons. Your beauty is captivating. The reason their daughters aren't fine with you"

"Are we still going?"

He turned to face her. "If you don't want to-"

"I've just gotten on your Mother's good side. I am going" She then held up her left hand, her ring glimmering. "You can't get rid of me anymore, Malfoy"

He smirked, stepping towards her. He kneeled down in front of her, taking her hand in his. He brought her knuckles to his lips, eyes on hers. "I'd never want to"

Just as she was about to lean in to kiss him, an alarm rang. Her head snapped toward the clock. They had 5 minutes before lunch with the others. Hermione jumped up, nearly tumbling over Draco. She ran to their room and before he could even process what had happened, he heard the door slam. He got up slowly, about to go after her before he realized.

With a wave of his wand, he was dressed in a black turtle neck and trousers. All he had to do was fix his hair. He was standing in the small bathroom on the main floor when Hermione appeared in the door way. Her hair was in a tight neat bun and she was wearing a dress much too elegant for what they had decided-

"Pansy said the others are coming. All of them. They've invited themselves for lunch" Hermione told. "She said they're trying to upstage me"

He glared at a spot over her shoulder. Of course they did. He looked back at Hermione, his eyes scanning her dress. It was a dark red, maroon like. It had off the shoulder straps and the dress fit her like a glove until it reached her waist, flaring out the slightest bit.

She wore pearl earrings and a necklace, along with the enchanted bracelet he had given her. Her heels were pearl white as well.

He saw the worry in her eyes, how she fidgeted with her hands in front of her. He put a hand against her face, cupping her cheek as he tried to bring her comfort. He leaned down, pressing his lips softly against hers. Her hand raised to his waist, subconsciously scrunching up his shirt.

"Don't worry" He mumbled. She tightened her grip on him in return.

He pulled back to tip her head up, and then pressed his lips carefully against her neck as he made his way down.

She realized too late what he was thinking, he had already left a trail of faded marks against her neck. He seemed to realize she had noticed, he raised his head, smirking, and taking her face in both his hands before kissing her quickly. He summoned a plain black blazer, walking out before she could attempt to scold him.

Then they flooed to the restaurant, unfortunately needing to check in because of the change of plans. He had his hand through hers as they walked to their 'dining room'. Pansy had gone all out to ensure their privacy.

With a reassuring nod from Hermione, Draco pushed open the door and noise filled their ears. The room was filled. What was supposed to be a table for 10 had been enlarged to fit over 25 people.

Blaise and Theo were spotted instantly, the only ones in black. Pansy, Astoria, and Daphne were beside them, their dresses either dark or pale colours. Sally Smith and Lily Moon were next to them. Then Gavin pike, Tracey Davis, Sally Davis and Elon Davis followed. The three Davis' were all in shades of green.

Graham Montague, Marcus Flint and Millicent Bulstrode were there as well. Miles Bletchley and Noah Urquhart from the quidditch team were there too. Adrian Pucey was the first to spot them, smirking proudly for absolutely no reason at all.

Clark Rosier noticed next, following Adrian's gaze. Bret Styles was there as well, a girl beside him who Draco recognized to be his sister, short black hair and blue eyes. Stella Styles. On the other side of her was Emily Rosier.

Roland Selwyn and his sister, Ava, were there too, both with shoulder length dark brown hair and their pale green eyes. The Gamps were next to them, Sebastian and Benjamin noticed them after Clark. Their sisters, Evelyn and Isabella, remained oblivious.

The Burkes, the two siblings he had barely seen the night before, had also attended. Leo and Sofia Burke, the quietest ones out of their family friends.

Hermione barely recognized half the people there. Draco felt her unsteady pulse as his own. He squeezed her hand before silently taking them to their seats between Theo and Blaise. Safe options.

The others slowly began to notice their appearance, Hermione drawing nearly every eye to her. She kept conversation only with the few she knew. Pansy, Daphne, Astoria, Theo and Blaise. She tried to avoid even looking at the others watching ber.

"Where are Luna and Neville?" Hermione asked them quietly.

"Luna and her father went to visit her Mother's grave. They have lunch with her every holiday" Blaise said, a new type of fondness crossing his face as he spoke of Luna.

"Neville is with his grandmother. I barely got to escape putting up the tree"Pansy shook her head.

"And Ernie?"Hermione asked, looking over at Astoria.

"He's out with Thomas and Finnigan" Astoria told. "I honestly don't doubt they're trying to interrogate him about you two" She nodded towards her and Draco.

"Bloody Gryffindorks" Draco scoffed. "Can't they-"

"Draco?"

The seven of them all turned to look at Sally Davis. They noticed the others at the table were focused on them. On Hermione.

"You didn't introduce us to your little girlfriend yesterday" Sally Davis said, crossing her arms and leaning back in her chair.

"She's covered over 10 wizarding News outlets around the world, Davis, I doubt she needs an introduction" Draco said with a raise of his eyebrow.

Hermione glanced at Pansy, who was hiding a smirk behind her glass. She had one leg over the other, her eyes swapping from Draco to Hermione to Sally.

"We don't know her though. We don't know what she's like, who she really is... we don't know anything"

"But we do"Blaise sat up straight. "You're only here for a few days, Davis, there is no reason for you to get to know her"

The table went silent. All around, their childhood friends looked from one to the other. "Actually" Clark cleared his throat. "Our parents have decided to stay for a few years"

"We'll be going to Hogwarts with the rest of you" Elon smirked.

All of them, each person who attended Hogwarts, froze. Each one of them had at least a rivalry with one of the families. For Draco, it was the Davis', specifically Elon. Blaise and Emily Rosier. Pansy and Sofia Burke.

Draco wrapped his hand around Hermione's, resting them on the arm of his chair, visible to Elon. He had had his eyes on Hermione when he had spoken. Draco casted a shining charm on her ring. He would make his point clear.

Elon's gaze wasn't the only one fixed on the ring. Emily Rosier was staring. Sally Davis was glaring. Adrian was grinning. Bret looked amused. Clark hid a smirk after Elon curled his hands into fists.

"All of you are going to Hogwarts?"Pansy wanted clarification.

"We're going to be sorted next week" Bret told, looking down as he fixed the cuffs of his shirt. "They're also notifying the Ministry so we can be put under the marriage law"

Of course. They all, except for Hermione, immediately understood. Arranged marriages without the consent of the two being wed was now illegal in most countries. They were using the marriage law to their advantage. They would be the only ones without partners, forcing the ministry to pair them with each other. Whoever anyone got would be a win to the parents.

They barely spoke after that, eating in silence. Draco had caught Hermione fidgeting more than once and would place a reassuring hand over her thigh. She would tense, almost embarrassed to be caught, but then she would rest her hand over his, squeezing his hand.

When they had finished eating, they slowly began leaving the table. Some went to the bathroom, some to move to the seating area and some to the 3 chessboards in the room.

The group of seven stayed after they had all spread around the room. Blaise and Theo were talking, as were Astoria, Daphne and Pansy. Draco turned in his seat to face Hermione, his hand tucking a hair behind her ear to get her attention. "We'll have to stay for another half hour. We'll have 4 hours before going to my Mother's. We can go to your parents-"

"No"She shook her head.

"Granger-"

"Today is the reunion"Hermione told quietly. Her hurt slipped into her voice, he noticed far too quickly. "We'll go tomorrow"

They hadn't invited her to the annual Christmas celebration.

"Are you sure?"He asked, his hand resting against the side of her neck, his thumb caressing her jawline. "They'll be gone by tonight, won't they? We can go after dinner"

Hermione looked down at her hands. She knew the other 5 were listening in but acted as though they were distracted. "They asked me to sleepover about two weeks ago. I don't want them to pressure us into it tonight..., I don't consider that place home anymore"

They had both lost their childhood homes. Both lost their parents at a point in their lives as well. "Tomorrow then?" He said quietly, his thumb running over her cheek lightly.

She nodded once, sparing him a fake smile to reassure him. He wanted to say more, but just then a shadow casted over the two of them. Draco didn't remove his hand as he glared at Sebastian Gamp.

He introduced himself to Hermione but didn't offer his hand. He had seen her reject Clark's handshake the night before. He then turned to Draco, "A word? There's something I need to talk to you about"

"What is it?"

"Privately, Draco" Sebastian joined his hands behind his back, waiting for him.

Hermione watched him exchange glances with Theo and Blaise, both who nodded shortly. Then he looked over her shoulder, as though he were staring at someone else. He turned his attention to her next. He dropped his hand to her wrist, leaning forward to kiss her cheek. "Press your ring if you need me"He mumbled against her skin. She turned her wrist to squeeze his hand in return, smiling softly.

He got up and him and Sebastian left the room. They were like wolves preying in on a loose bunny. Luckily, Clark was in Draco's chair before Elon could choose direction. Emily Rosier had stood, as had Sally Davis. Sofia Burke seemed to have stood halfway before sitting back down.

Draco closed the door behind him. Sebastian was leaning against the opposite wall. "Our parents are staying at your manor until New Years. Have you seen them?" Sebastian asked.

"I don't live at the Manor"

Sebastian stared at him, his brows furrowing as he frowned. "What do you mean?" He asked. "We don't move out unless children are involved? Are you and her-"

"No"Draco interrupted. "But I've decided to move out early-"

"That's unheard of-"

"That's life with Death Eaters"Draco snapped. "If I continue to live in that Manor, I have no future to hope for. As long as I am in that Manor, I am considered one of them"

Sebastian opened his mouth to speak but Draco raised a hand to silence him. "I moved out weeks ago and I don't intend on returning. If that's the only thing-"

Sebastian shook his head. "No- No, that wasn't what I wanted to talk about"He said quickly. "We're all staying at a hotel not far from here. It's perfect and all, but if I'm expected to have a child by the end of next year, I'll need to start looking for a house. I wanted to ask you"

Draco was surprised but he didn't let it seep into his face. "Doesn't your family have land in Britain? Passed down from generations?"

"Yes but my parents are planning to use it. Me and my siblings have to find our own land"

They walked down the hallway slowly, out to the balcony. Draco took a breath, stuffing his hands in his pockets to warm them before he began.

-:-:-:-

"So you're Draco's girlfriend?"

Hermione and Pansy looked up, their conversation dying away. Emily Rosier was sitting in her chair, leaning back and one leg was crossed over the other. She sat in it as though it were throne.

"Fiancé" Hermione corrected.

Emily scoffed, "Narcissa said he was available"

Hermione narrowed her eyes at her and shifted in her chair. "You were misinformed"

"Narcissa hasn't ever been wrong about her son"Emily snapped. "She must think the two of you won't last long"

"That isn't her decision to make"Hermione raised an eyebrow. "Neither is it any of your business"

Emily leaned forward, her hands clasped in front of her. "You are not pure. You will not last"

"I've lasted longer than you have"Hermione tilted her head to side. "I believe that should prove something to you"

Hands fell on her shoulders and by Pansy's smirk, she didn't have to guess who it was. His thumbs caressed the back of her neck as he cleared his throat. She saw Clark smirk out of the corner of her eye. Draco lowered his head down to her ear, his breath skimming her skin.

"Why don't we leave and have our own fun, Love?" He muttered. She felt him smirk against her skin. "I much rather have you to myself when you're like this"

Emily looked livid. Her face was fuming, the same went for Sally Davis and Sofia Burke. They hadn't heard a word, she was sure but she assumed her blush must've infuriated them.

Theo, Blaise and Clark were smirking. Astoria, Daphne and Pansy were trying to suppress their giggles.

His hands fell away as she slowly stood, heels unbalanced under her feet. His stability charm was casted instantly, his hand at her elbow to balance her. It fell from her elbow to her waist and he pulled her to his side. "Excuse us..., we'll see you in the afternoon" He announced to the others in the room.

He apparated them out before anyone could answer.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

849K 25.4K 91
"This is all your bloody fault, Malfoy." When an accidental spell throws Hermione Granger and Draco Malfoy back in time to the Marauder's era, they a...
297K 8.6K 23
Hermione spit her tea out in shock. This was not for real was it? It had to be a joke! I mean, come on, how could the ministry do this? A marriage la...
50.6K 519 134
โ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ฐ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ค๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ง๐˜ง๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ, ๐˜ด๐˜ค๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ '๐˜จ๐˜ช๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ข ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ'โž *not related to any of my previous hp instagram*
211K 7.3K 42
Five years after the war, Draco and Hermione meet by chance as she wanders into a French vineyard just hoping to re-live a trip she took there with h...