Escape [Fruits Basket OC]

By par13ker

Hatori paused for a second finding his choice of words. "I understand you and Akito are still at odds..... do... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
The Beginning
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Your Highness
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
He's Different
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
The God is Here
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
You Saved Me
Who?
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
The Original Story
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Epilogue

Chapter 25

745 27 9
By par13ker

   And they won..... more times than the rest would like to count. By the time they were all finished it was a couple of hour before midnight. That when a inversion moment of 20 questions came into play. And of course Audrina was the target.

"So Audrina..... I heard you're not a sweet tooth."

Audrina shook her head. Kieran had leaned back on the couch they were sitting out. His form relaxed. She glanced back him, and rose an eyebrow. In order for them to know such fact, he had to have told them. "You told on me."

He smirked,  "I did"

She scoffed, rolling her eyes to turn back to Ethan, "No, I'm not."

He nodded, and next to him, Lucius mimicked Kieran, and leaned back against the couch. He had finished his glass and looked to the ceiling when he spoke, "Trust me he has told on you more than a few times sweetheart."

Audrina once again turned back to him. Kieran sighed and dragged a hand down his face. She could only make out the hint of embarrassment on his features. That was before he changed his expression as quickly as it came.

She could only think of the fact that clearly he's been talking about her. Her heart fluttered at the simple thought. But instead of showing it she, turned back to Ethan. "It's only fair that I know more about him.", she quirked an eyebrow, "Give me something valuable."

"Hell yeah", Ethan perked up, "You know he's afraid of bunnies."

She was caught off guard as, she receievd that information while taking a drink from her glass. She almost chock and had to quickly swallow. And once again her gaze went behind her to the male. Kieran this time didn't try to hide his embarrassment. He threw his forearm over his face to cover his eyes.

However he felt her looking at him and smiling, "I'm not going to explain myself", he mumbled. Audrina chuckled and turned back to Ethan for more information.

"How long?"

"Since we were kids", Lucius chimed in. "We had a class bunny too in high school. Our boy here sat on the other side of the classroom all year."

  Audrina laughed at this. Kieran groaned and she felt the couch shift. He rose to his feet and looked back to hold out a hand. Audrina had the glass of wine in one hand as she was ready to ask for more. All of his friends easily got on her good side. She stopped her conversation as soon as she saw the hand and looked up.

"How about we not talk my completely rational fear, and get some fresh air?"

   "Yea that's sounds nice thank-.", Ethan patted his hands on his lap about to stand to but Kieran turned to him immediately turning him down.

"Not you... sit down", he said annoyed.

Ethan chuckled and fell back into the chair, he kicked one leg on top of the other and cheered his drink to no one in particular before downing the rest. Lucius beside him flicked his hand.

"Just be back by this year", he too drunk the rest of his drink.

  "No extended curfew?", Audrina smiled. Her energy matched with them both facing her. While the two to the other side of her were relatively quiet. She didn't notice but it only was due to the silent exchange of conversation they were holding with each other.

Lucius only smirked and shook his head. So Audrina took her opposite hand and grabbed onto Kieran's. They made their way outside where the warm temperature hit her skin. It soothed her senses and soon enough, they were walking side by side.

She noticed that his house was right beside a huge lake. The moonlight gleamed against the surface. It too reflecting the sparkle of the stars the coated the night sky. She was on the side closest to the lake, and again her distraction was enough to have her blank out. But there was someone who was willing to reel her back in.

"They have weird fears too."

Audrina smiled as she looked up him. He was trying to distance the topic that they knew was going to surface again. But she let him, "Oh really?"

  "Ethan hates balloons and we can't even talk about throwing up in front of Lucius. He has emetophobia."

Audrina rose her eyebrows, "Y'all are perfect for each other."

He smiled, "I guess...."

And that struck up a conversation. They talked and talked. Laughed and laughed more than Audrina had in a long time. That by the time they were walking back to the house, they hadn't realized how long they were out. Kieran had turned his notifications off, and they were both caught up in talking with each other that they weren't bothered to even check.

But half-way back Kieran for the first time since they were out took his phone out of his back pocket. And he just started laughing. Audrina scrunched her eyebrows and peeked her head over and saw what he found humorous.

It was well past midnight. And to make matters worse was that his phone had blown up with texts from all of his friends.

And it slowed down. Kieran gave a long sigh. He stopped and Audrina didn't noticed until she was a few steps ahead of him. She felt in more of a hurry to meet up with his friends and apologize but she noticed his steps weren't following hers.

She quickly turned around and walked back up to where he stood. And after a little while he looked back at her from his phone as he put it back in his pocket.

"Happy News Years", he whispered. Audrina was caught in the image of the how the moon reflected from his eyes. And without them hitting the exact time. That didn't make the moment any less special.

They were talking so much that they had forgotten the time. Forgottten that outside of them there was a world. People inside celebrating in their own way. It wasn't traditional in the slightest. But she can say that this New Years was just as (if not more) special than her previous ones. She wouldnt go back in time to meet with the rest of his friends. She was contempt. Happy if that.

"Happy New Years", she smiled back. Her voice soft and free caring.

They both turned to the first sign of a rising sun. The ray of striking up in the sky. She didn't realize how close they were, but for some reason she wasn't drawn back.

"What's your wish?", he spoke.

"Nice try...", she chuckled, "I can't give it away."

He shrugged and Audrina wished she could say her wish wasn't about the moment. He she wished there could be many more like this where she felt, relaxed. Happy and free.

Upon realization Kieran turned to her, them still only being a distance away from each other. He lifted the glass in his hands, and took a sip. Audrina only then realized she didn't have hers and left it back at the park they were sitting at and talking.

"I don't have mine", she smiled. Mimicking his expression when he brought the drink back down.

"Here", he stretched out his. Audrina looked down at the little bit of liquid left in the glass. "Can't have you missing out on tradition."

Audrina eyes his and then the glass. But after a second of contemplation, she took it out of his hands, there's touched for a split second but both of them could feel the ghost of each other's fingers on their own. And at that, she downed what was left in his glass which was only barely enough to confirm something he's told her before.

She scrunched her eyebrows, cringing, "you like your wine sweet too?"

"Yes... yes I do."

Audrina groaned and handed it back to him. Kieran chuckled upon taking it. And right again they were back to just looking at each other. Audrina was about to shy away, before he whispered. "He wasn't lying you know?"

"Who?"

"The idiot in there...", he pointed towards the house behind her. "I tend to bring you up often."

"Oh? Good things I hope", she rose an eyebrow and looked back at the house.

"Well, you tell me? I'll give you just a sample."

Audrina turned back to him and didn't say anything, she just nodded. Kieran hummed.

"I go on about I work with the most beautiful girl.", he tilted his head up in question. "I say 'beyond gorgeous' if that helps with your analysis of course.  I talk about how funny you are and how your probably one of the most down to earth person I've met. You couldn't be any more perfect. Whenever I'm around you and the other Sohmas, I see how much you take care of them. How they look up to you. And its none of my business but I can say they couldn't have a more perfect role model. And what I hate the most, is when my friends ask me questions about you and I can't answer them. I want to know more about you....... I know we aren't sharing New Year wishes but, that's mine ."

Audrina stepped back, in complete awe. Kieran noticed her movements and smiled. He then noticed how she instinctively wrapped her arms around herself.

"I hope that's good enough. You deserve it."

"I'd ummm..... I wouldn't say perfect role model", she tried to joke her way out of it. But there was nothing more she could say without it coming out shuttered. Kieran took a step forward ensuring that she wouldn't go back into herself.

"Yes perfect role model..... but you're right there is something you could work on."

She scrunched her eyebrows, and he waited for that reaction. She flinched as she felt warm hands touch her arms and lower them from covering over herself, she looked into his eyes, "The ability to open your eyes and see beyond what you think of yourself."

  "Ok ok", she looked away. "Those are definitely good things."

Kieran move to face where she was looking. And she saw how he hesitated, but made the final decision to direct her face up to him with his fingers. "You know my wish is a team effort."

She didn't say anything just waited for him to finish.

"What do you say?", he smirked, "And of course I'm willing to share with you whatever you want."

She couldn't say no. Because that same sense of crave washed over her. This sort of felling was different compared to Amrin. She was more sure of herself.

"I-.", her phone rang. Audrina cleared her throat, and her chin released from his soft grip as she tried to find her phone through shaking hands. It was too early in the morning for it to be anyone else that Hatori. Kieran was holding back his desperation to hear her answer. Especially since he could tell that it was going to be the one that he wanted. She lifted the phone and of course it wasn't Hatori, but the one person she least wanted to be calling.

Kieran scrunched his eyebrows at the caller id, for them to be calling that early was far from terrible timing.

She pressed the answer button, a little shaken up, making it apparent in her voice.

"What do you want."

Audri! We were missing you last night.

"Yea...", was all she could mutter, she looked up at Kieran but quickly turned away. "What do you want."

Akito is putting on quite a show dependent on your absence. If you're willing to give an explanation why you couldn't make it.

She hadn't thought Akito would be that upset, "I-I had work to do..."

With Kieran

"No!", she shocked herself by how quick she was. But quickly she took a deep breath to calm herself, "No.... Just work from home."

That's strange, I called dear Rin and she said you were out.

She couldn't find another excuse, realsing an exhuasted sigh, she looked back to Kieran and gave an apologetic look, "I'll be there to stay for the remaining few days."

Of course! See you soon Audri.

And he hung up. The air was more heavy than before which was strange because the heat was gone. And now what was left were two unsatisfied people. Kieran not getting an answer, and Audrina not being able to tell him her answer.

"I'm sorry, I......."

"Have to go.", he softly smiled. "How about this."

Audrina didn't move an inch, "Friday, wear something nice, and I'll take care of the rest."

"Rest of what?", she scrunched her eyebrows.

"Leave it to your imagination.", he winked. "But can I expect an answer by then."

"Wait no.... I have an answer n-.", she paused seeing Kieran shake his head.

"If your answer is what I want it to be. I'd kind of want you to stick around for more than a few more minutes.", he joked but it was apparent he was slightly disappointed.

Audrina was just as equally disappointed. She pulled her lips in and tried her best to conjure up the best smile she could.

They walked back to the house, going around to avoid conversation with his friends. And she turned before leaving out to her car.

"I'll see you Friday.", she tried. Tried her best to remind both her and him that there was a second chance in attempt to share their feelings. But still there was the moment that was gone. The specific moment that was taken away by Shigure. By Akito.

Kieran despite holding his composure, he wanted to ask her to stay. Wanted to question why she had to leave. Why wasn't her choice an option in this matter. But a las he nodded with another disappointed smile.

"Friday."

—————————————————

Bonus Kieran POV:

He watched her leave slowly shut the door once she became to far to see. Sighing enough, he walked back to the living area in which all his friends were sitting. He felt their intrigued gazes when he entered, but he didn't bother to acknowledge them.

Instead he grabbed one of the bottle from the table moved to the couch. Once he flopped onto it, he threw his head back and took a couple drinks from the bottle.

"Well?", Ethan broke the silence.

"Shut up", Kieran forcefully placed the bottle back down on the counter.

"Is this a 'she regretted me' mood, or a 'sexually frustrated' mood."

Kieran simply glared at him with enough intensity to cause Ethan to back off. He lifted his hand in defense and let his attention directly back away to someone else.

"Happy New Years to you too.", Lucius  mumbled.

Kieran only nodded......

"Yea..... Happy New Years."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

142K 5.3K 60
"𝘈𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘧𝘳𝘢𝘪𝘥 𝘰𝘧 𝘮𝘦?" 𝘏𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴, 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘶𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘪𝘰𝘶𝘴 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘥𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘦�...
14.7K 740 18
"Even when the world doesn't need us, we live for the people who do" "So do you need me?" "Of course I do." A warm smiled graced her features as sh...
12.6K 293 27
Her name is Mizuki Sohma, the twin sister of Hatsuharu. She isn't a part of the zodiac, but growing up around them has given her a vague idea of thei...
173 8 5
"Foxes travel alone right?" 7 years ago, Kitsune and Yuki were Best Friends that could never be separated. But that soon comes to an end when somethi...