Promised Love ~ Dramione

hh_2000 tarafından

"You said it yourself, you're a Death Eater, and correct me if I'm wrong but that's worse than being a Mudblo... Daha Fazla

The Beginning - Ch.1
Hogwarts Express - Ch.2
Hogwarts - Ch.3
Dorms - Ch.4
Marriage Law - Ch. 5
Letters - Ch.6
Pairings - Ch.7
Morning - Ch.8
Trust - Ch.9
Slytherin - Ch.10
Owls - Ch.11
Classes - Ch.12
Azkaban - Ch.13
Vial - Ch.14
Birthday - Ch.15
Tower One - Ch.16
Whiskey and Wine - Ch.17
Black Shirt - Ch.18
Narcissa Malfoy - Ch.19
Work - Ch.20
Granger - Ch.21
Tub - Ch.22
Halloween - Ch.23
November - Ch.24
Viktor Krum - Ch.25
Jealous - Ch.26
Them - Ch.27
Winter Break - Ch. 28
Dinner (Part 1) - Ch.29
Dinner (Part 2) - Ch.30
Week one - Ch.31
Winter Reunion - Ch.32
Home - Ch.33
Christmas (Part 1) - Ch.35
Christmas (Part 2) - Ch.36
Back to Hogwarts - Ch.37
Surprise - Ch.38
Saint Mungos - Ch.39
Us - Ch.40

The Ball - Ch.34

13.7K 282 149
hh_2000 tarafından

The 24th of December arrived too quickly for anyone's liking.

Hermione, Ginny, Luna, and Lavender had gone dress shopping the day before and had spent most of the day in Diagon Alley. Ginny had gotten a long green dress with puffy sleeves, the skirt not too poofy and the top fitted.

Luna had gotten a one strap blue dress with shimmering stars and constellations on it. The dress flowed against her like a veil, flowy and breathable.

Lavender had gotten a pink gown, no straps. The skirt was wide, spreading off in all directions and making her seem a princess. The top was glittery and the bottom dressed in lace.

Hermione... she had a harder time getting a dress. It had taken three stores before she gave up on finding a white dress. Due to the marriage law, nearly all stores were sold out of white dresses.

That night, she had returned to the apartment exhausted and distraught. She ended up asking Draco to help her find a shop but she still wouldn't allow him to see the dress. He gave in eventually, giving her the address to one of the private clothing stores he knew of.

The day of the 24th, she was standing in what seemed to be a studio filled with dresses. She had three hours before the ball would begin and Draco, who had apparated her into the store, had a hairstylist and makeup artist waiting for her.

"Pansy will come get you at 7:20"He mumbled, narrowing his eyes at her. She knew he preferred that he come to get her himself and smiled shortly, pressing an apologetic kiss to his cheek.

"I'll see you in 3 hours, Draco"She told. He looked over at the dress designer, hairstylist and the makeup artist, all standing around a table as they spoke quietly.

"I'll stay an hour-"

"No"

"Half hour"

"Malfoy"

He glared down at her before letting out a huff. She took off her engagement ring and placed it in his hand. She stepped up on her toes to kiss the corner of his mouth before pulling away as his hand skimmed her waist.

He glanced at her one more time and then apparated away. All at once, the three professionals turned to her. "Mr.Malfoy has asked for a white dress?" The designer waited for Hermione to confirm it.

She gave a small surprised nod. The designer stared at her more closely, "You are the Malfoy wife, are you not? You will be attending the ball?"

"We are not to ask questions"The hairstylist hissed at her. "Ms.Granger, what would you like to do first?"

Hermione glanced around the store, "The dress is the top priority" She said, looking back over at them. "Can we start with that?"

They didn't answer her, rushing towards the back room before she had finished her sentence. They came back with 5 dresses floating behind them, each more poofier and elegant than the next. And Hermione silently regretted not letting Draco stay with her.

—:—:—:—

The ballroom was nearly the size of half of Malfoy Manor. Draco stood at the top of staircase, still in regular clothing as he watched people rush around, decorating. The room was almost entirely white, the stairs, the walls, the floors and even the pillars. They was specks of gold around, gold marble, gold chandeliers, gold streamers and decorations, along with gold trays on the tables.

His mother had spent an endless amount of money, that he knew. He walked down the marble staircase slowly, observing.

His mother was watching the workers rush across the room, ordering them around. "The guests will be arriving in two hours. I hope you have your suit ready?" She asked without turning to him.

"It's ironed and flat on my bed" He told, stepping to her side.

"And Ms.Granger?"

"She's at Eloir's. Pansy will bring her at 7:20"

"Eloir's is a dress shop"

"There aren't as much white dresses as we could've hoped for"

He didn't miss the way his mother furrowed her brows before speaking. "You're still announcing it tonight, then?"

"I thought you accepted us?"

"I have"She snapped. "I am just worried it'll ruin the night. Half these guests are purebloods and have assumed you're single"

"Assumed or misinformed?"

Narcissa let out an irritated sigh. "I have apologized-"

"But not to her" Draco turned his head to her before his eyes followed direction. "You embarrassed her, not me. I don't need the apology, Mother"

She pursed her lips, not looking over at him. "Tomorrow."

He nodded once and averted his attention to one of the workers walking towards them. "Mrs.Malfoy, there are three people at the door wanting to enter. They say they know you, their names were Zabini-"

"Let them in"Narcissa interrupted. The worker rushed off and she finally turned to Draco. "I have invited Blaise's mother, Theo's aunt and Pansy's parents to help me with preparation. You should get dressed before meeting them"

Her tone left no room for argument, forcing Draco to walk out just as he heard a "Oh, Narcissa, dear! It's been too long!"

He apparated to the apartment, landing in the bedroom. His suit was still as he had left it, laid out neatly on his bed. His white blazer was placed over the white dress pants. He would be a wearing a pale blue turtleneck under, a similar shade to Hermione's ring.

He pulled it out of his pocket, already having put it through the chain. He put it next to his suit before checking his watch, 6:30. He didn't have much time to think before he was alerted that someone had came through the floo.

He stepped out of the room, going down to the living room and finding Blaise, Theo, Ernie, Neville and, surprisingly, Harry Potter, all of them dressed in suits.

"Why're you here?" Draco questioned Harry rudely.

Harry raised an eyebrow and rolled his eyes, fixing the cuff of his suit. "Hermione threatened me two days ago to apologize for threatening you" He said, "Today is the deadline"

Blaise snorted as he walked past Draco, entering the kitchen. Draco leaned against the wall, "Well? I'm waiting"

Harry blinked. "Shouldn't that be enough?"

"Granger wouldn't be satisfied" Draco smirked.

Theo shook his head. "Why are you still calling her Granger? Is that what you say when you're shagging?"

Ernie, Neville and Harry scrunched their noses in disgust and Draco glared at Theo. "What I call her is none of your business, Nott. At least she hasn't been ignoring me for 3 days"

"It hasn't been 3 days yet-!"

"Daphne considers it 3 days!"Blaise called from the kitchen. "Maybe you should just be honest and say you took her chocolates"

"It wasn't me!" Theo snarled, rounding on Ernie. "You and Astoria took them!"

Ernie smirked, "But she doesn't know that"

"Just buy her 2 more boxes"Harry rolled his eyes. "Have you never dealt with a witch?"

"Your witch grew up with 6 brothers, I'd hardly consider her a woman" Theo huffed. "She has the strength of a giant"

Harry rolled his eyes, "She isn't ignoring me"

Theo turned on his heel and stormed into the kitchen. They heard Blaise complaining and a low hiss of "I swear Zabini, I will smash the bottle on your head if you don't give me it!"

Ernie, ever the peacekeeper, stepped into the kitchen, leaving Draco, Harry, and Neville alone. "Nice home"Harry noted as he glanced around, "Did Hermione design it?"

"I did" A pause. "Where's the apology?"

Harry cut his eyes back to Draco's, glaring. "Seriously?"

"I'm waiting to kick you out, Potter. I am supposed to be entering with the rest of them because I'm friends with them or their wives- you however, fall into neither category and have 2 minutes to leave"

Harry huffed, crossing his arms. "You're lucky I didn't bring Ron- Not as if he wanted to anyway, seeing as you kidnapped Hermione-"

"You had her for over 2 weeks"Draco narrowed his eyes at him. "She is my wife and I decide how much time I want to spend with her- not you"

"Not this again-"

Neville slid away from the living room and into the kitchen.

"We will keep having this conversation until it gets through your head. You and your weasel might've had a bit of control in her life before we got together but I would rather drink the potion of living death before I allow you to control her decisions"Draco snapped.

"She has decided to spend the rest of the break in our home and if your weasel doesn't accept that-"

"Alright there, mate!" Blaise strode into the room quickly, "No one will be interfering with you or Granger, isn't that right, Potter?" Blaise glared at him.

Harry gave a short nod, sort of stunned by how quickly he had irritated Draco. He hesitated before speaking, "I'll... I'll see you at the ball" and then he flooed away.

"You should've let me continue" Draco said coldly to Blaise.

"And risk Hermione suffering for your childish behaviour?" Blaise scoffed. "You know she hasn't spoken to Weasley, what Potter says shouldn't matter"

"He's irritating"

"He's practically your brother-in-law, deal with it"

Draco shook his head as he walked away, leaving the others in the kitchen as he went to get dressed.

He would be stuck with Weasel and Potter for his entire life. All the other Weasleys as well... 5 brotherly figures for Hermione, and 2 parent ones. He would have to deal with their relatives and spawns.

He didn't know if he could handle a mix of Potter and Weasley... it would be the end of him. Though Ginny wasn't as bad and infuriating, she was irritating. Her and Potter's children would make him regret agreeing to this law. And Brown and Weasley?

He wouldn't be able to go around without having a Weasel near him. As he fixed the turtleneck, he stared in the mirror, glaring. But they were her family and he'd have to tolerate them. Today would be his first test...

He put on his Malfoy ring and then the necklace that held her ring. As he pulled on his blazer, he realized the ring wasn't noticeable unless someone focused closely on his neck.

He left his hair as is, knowing Blaise's mother would ruffle it up anyway the second she saw him, though he was much taller than her now. With a final glance in the mirror, he turned and left the room, going to join the others in the kitchen.

—:—:—:—

"You're going to have Draco on his knees"

Hermione spun around at the sound of Pansy's voice, forcing the makeup artist to take a step back. She was standing at the doorway of the back room, dressed in a dark purple v-neck dress. The top part stuck to her body like skin, from the sleeves to the waistline. The skirt was puffed out but not as much as Hermione's...

She had finally found her dress. She hadn't put much thought into the details but the designer had told her about them. It was called an A-line Dress, and it looked as though it were a wedding dress. The skirt had multiple layers, the top a flowery lace.

It had a Sweetheart Neckline and long off-the-shoulder lace sleeves. There was a built in corset in the dress, which the designer had been tying when Pansy had arrived.

"Is it 7:20 already?"Hermione asked as she looked around for a clock.

Pansy shook her head. "We have 10 minutes, I'm just here to deliver something"She smirked.

Hermione raised an eyebrow at her but Pansy switched her gaze to the Makeup artist and the dress designer. The hairstylist had left after doing a half up, half down hairstyle.

The two left immediately, surprising Hermione as they rushed out of the room. "What did you do?"Hermione asked.

"Nothing, it's manners to leave whenever a relative or friend comes by"Pansy said. She reached into her dress, which had a hidden pocket and pulled out a box. She set it on the vanity not too far from Hermione and waved her over.

They were jewelry boxes stacked into one, undoubtedly sent by Draco. There was a necklace made of gold and white diamonds, though thin enough to now draw too much attention. Long diamond earrings as well, and the pearl white bracelet with the charms... he had remembered it.

"He also sent-"Pansy reached into her other pocket, "This"

She handed a beautifully spread out hairpin to Hermione. It had pale blue sapphires and diamonds in it and it was made of gold. They were in the exact same order as her ring. She flipped the pin over and found in small writing; forever yours.

Pansy had leaned in and her face broke into a grin. "Oh, he's down bad" She cackled as Hermione shoved in the shoulder. "Just help me put it in!"Hermione snapped, her face glowing. She sat on the chair, and Pansy stepped behind her. She held the pin with both hands and carefully slipped it into her hair.

"The ballroom is nearly filled up. I came early because some friends were getting too close to something that belongs to you" Pansy told.

Hermione felt her heart drop. She had been worried about that for hours. She didn't know any of their family friends other than the ones that   went to Hogwarts. She didn't know how they looked like... if they up-stepped her.

"Are Harry and Ron there?" She asked, needing to know if she could leave that instant.

"Potter and Weaselette arrived but Weasley and Brown haven't. Potter said they might be late and Narcissa says just you and Potter will enter if he doesn't arrive in 5 minutes"

Hermione stared at Pansy through the mirror as she put on her jewelry. "How many are around him?"

"Potter or Draco?"

"Draco"She watched Pansy smirk and narrowed her eyes.

"When I left, three were approaching him. He used Theo, Blaise and Bret-"

"Who?"

"Bret? He's a family friend, Bret Styles. Black hair and Blue eyes" Pansy told, glancing at the time. "He used them to cause a diversion to get away. Last I saw, he was hiding away under the staircase, talking with Clark Rosier. Another family friend, Black hair, black eyes" She spoke quickly. "Alright, we have 3 minutes. Are you done? Ready?"

Hermione gave a hesitant nod. She thanked the makeup artist and the dress designer before returning to Pansy. Taking her arm, Hermione let out a heavy breath before they apparated away.

—:—:—:—

Draco stood behind a pillar, his back leaned against it as he spoke with Blaise, Theo, Bret and Clark. He was attempting to hide, checking his watch constantly, waiting for Hermione. He had known Pansy had left but that had been 10 minutes ago. 

"Draco! Is that you?" A question he had been asked seven times so far.

He hid a groan, glaring at his four friends as he turned. It was Sally Davis, dressed in a tight pale pink dress. All the women who had came up to him were wearing pale colours. He glanced at the staircase, the entrance door was not too far from it. Hermione would be coming through there with Potter.

"How are you! Tracey was just talking about you and I thought I'd come see for myself" Her high quirky voice nauseated him. He bit his tongue as he let a fake smile spread across his face.

But before he could get a word out, Blaise pinched his arm. He nodded towards the staircase and Draco turned, forgetting that Sally was speaking to him.

His heart stopped. His breathing did too. His lips parted as he stared up the staircase, watching as Potter, clad in a black suit, walk down with his witch on his arm. He subconsciously took a step forward as Theo and Blaise gaped at the two coming down the staircase.

Her dress flowed around her and down the stairs, the only thing missing was a bouquet of flowers.

She was breathtaking, from her hair to the bottom of the dress, she stood out in the room and it wasn't because of the colour of her dress. It only took 5 seconds for every single person in that room to turn to her. The chattering slowly died and even from his distance, he could see the faint blush covering her cheeks.

He heard Clark let out a low whistle. He glanced around him quickly and found some curious eyes averting from him to Hermione. But he didn't step forward like they had expected. They had agreed to announce it during the dance, it didn't matter how much he wanted to go to her then and pull her into his arms. He kept his distance.

She found him in the crowd, and quirked a brow, as though seeking his opinion. He gave a slow nod, a smirk spreading across his face. "Love eyes with Malfoy"Harry mumbled under his breath as they reached the last step. She elbowed him in the ribs, earning a groan. He didn't get to complain before Ginny and the Weasleys came over as her and Harry stepped to the side.

"You look like a bride"Ginny whisper-yelled as she pulled Hermione into a hug. She took Hermione's hands into hers before noticing the ring was gone. "Where's-"

"He has it"

Ginny looked up with a raised eyebrow. "Oh?" She said, a mischievous glint in her eyes. Hermione blushed and pulled away, greeting the other Weasleys instead.

Draco watched from afar, a glass of whiskey in his hand as he leaned back in his chair. His eyes never left her and whenever she could, she would steal a glance at him.

"I don't see a ring"

Draco turned his head and found Elon Davis beside Blaise. Light brown hair, lighter than it had been the last time they met. Draco narrowed his eyes but none of them noticed. "Do you think she knows about the dress code?"He asked.

"Obviously not"Sally was sitting beside her brother. "She's Hermione Granger, you know of her blood. She's never been invited to a Pureblood ball" Sally was glaring at her, as were many of girls around the room, all dressed in near-white colours.

Blaise and Theo hid smirks, pretending to smile at Daphne and Astoria as they walked over. The two sat down and were wearing amused grins, their eyes following Hermione. "It's a beautiful dress, isn't it" Astoria said.

"Do you know her?"Bret Styles asked.

"Yes, I'd say we're friends"

"Mind introducing me?"Elon was watching her like a hawk. Draco was never fond of him, or any of the Davis' really.

"She isn't available" Daphne cut in. Bless her. "And I doubt she'd give you a chance when she finds out you're related to Tracey"

"He shouldn't try to get a chance with a Mudblood"Tracey snarled as she stood behind her two siblings. Their friends from Hogwarts were walking over, Adrian leading the way. "She is dirty. We do not accept that" Tracey continued.

"Who are we talking about?"Adrian asked as he took a seat next to Draco, having seen Tracey aim to sit in it. He had cut off Draco before he could snap at Tracey.

"Granger. I can't believe Narcissa invited her"

Adrian smirked, raising an eyebrow at Draco. "It's interesting, isn't it?"

Draco stepped on his foot under the table. "My mother invited Potter, it's not interesting at all"

Adrian was grinning like a madman, as though he had figured out a complicated puzzle. He wasn't the only one, Daphne, Astoria, Pansy, Theo, Blaise, Gavin Pike and Graham Montague were at least attempting to hide smirks and grins.

Draco ignored them all, his eyes following Hermione around the room. She stood with Padma, Parvati, Hannah Abbott, Luna and Ginny. At least four guys had gone to introduce themselves to her. Every time, she glanced at Draco before nodding silently. They would walk away when she didn't speak to them or spoke as dryly as possible.

"Shit" Blaise stood abruptly, gaining their attention. "Where's Luna? Hurry, where is Luna?"

"With Weasley and the Patils" Pansy pointed in their direction. Blaise rushed off and only then did they realize the girl heading towards them. Emily Rosier, a girl who had caused Blaise to fear her from her constant mischievous ideas.

She snorted and took Blaise's seat between Daphne and Astoria. "Jerk"

"None can blame him" Daphne told, grinning.

Blaise stepped beside Luna smoothly, greeting the others politely. "You stole every eye in the room"He told Hermione as he raised his cup to her. "He's jealous"He muttered to Luna who grinned. "You do look gorgeous, Hermione, like a true princess" Luna said.

Hermione didn't get to thank her before another person walked over to her. Blaise stood straight as he narrowed his eyes at Elon. He held out his hand to her and when Hermione pretended not to see him, he cleared his throat. "Hermione Granger"

Just then, Theo swooped in, wrapping an arm around her shoulders. "Granger, you look tired. Do you need a seat? Let me get you a seat" Theo said quickly as he dragged her away. Hermione swatted at his hand until he softened his grip, "You almost ruined my hair!"She hissed at him.

"Shit, you're actually sounding like Draco"Theo shook his head.

Hermione pinched his side as he dragged her over to their table. With their delicate manners, a few people she knew to be their family friends, stood in greeting. Men, she noticed. Draco was glaring at them with enough heat to set them on fire.

They introduced themselves one by one but Theo ended up shushing them as he pulled Hermione toward the end of the table. He sat down again next to Daphne and gestured to the seat next to Draco. "Blaise won't mind"He reassured when Hermione raised an eyebrow at him.

She sat down, not missing how Draco subtly nodded at Theo in thanks. His hand slipped into hers under the table, squeezing as Elon returned. The table continued to expand as more family friends walked over. They all glanced at Hermione but didn't say anything as she seemed to give Draco no attention at all.

Adrian couldn't hide the bloody grin off his face, which irritated Draco as many asked him if he was alright.

Tracey Davis was glaring at Hermione the whole time as she spoke to either Theo, Daphne, Pansy or Astoria, ignoring the others she didn't know.

Tracey was wearing the palest shade of gray Hermione had seen and it seemed to annoy her that no one had confronted her on wearing white. "Granger"She said loudly.

Both Hermione and Pansy looked over, their conversation having been cut off. "You do know that white is for the hosts only, right? You look like a desperate fool"Tracey snarled. "I suggest you go change now before Narcissa Malfoy sends you on your way home. She doesn't tolerate these actions"

Draco leaned back in his chair as the table went quiet. His hand went to his necklace, playing with the ring as he smirked. Clark noticed immediately as he was staring at Draco suspiciously. His eyes widened before he looked away, clearly understanding he wasn't meant to say a word.

Hermione just raised an eyebrow at Tracey, "So be it" She responded with a shrug of a shoulder. Pansy was smirking as she began to speak with Hermione again but Tracey interrupted.

"Does Viktor Krum know?" She asked loudly, gaining some attention around them. Narcissa was at the table the next second, standing beside Draco. The parents weren't too far, wondering what was happening.

"Is there a problem?" Narcissa asked, a fake smile gracing her lips.

"Look at her dress!"Tracey pointed at Hermione.

Narcissa slowly looked toward Hermione. "Ah. Ms.Granger, you look lovely"

All the wannabe-Malfoys at the table gaped at her, as Pansy barely concealed a bark of laughter. Draco place his hand near his mouth to cover a smirk.

"As do you, Mrs.Malfoy"

The exchange wouldn't be considered dry but before any could overthink it, she switched her attention back to Tracey. "Is there anything else?"

"She's wearing-!"

Narcissa interrupted before she could finish. "Draco, I expect you to keep this table in line, we wouldn't want an outburst, would we?"

"Of course, Mother"

She smiled at the rest before turning and heading back into the crowd. Blaise came up behind Hermione, silently shaking as he kept in his laughter. His hands rested on the back of her chair as he tried to calm down. Hermione rolled her eyes and glanced as she saw someone walk towards Draco. Four people, actually. The two girls were identical, so were the boys.

The girls had long blonde hair and pointed noses with brown eyes. The boys had dirtier blonde hair but the same pointed noses and brown eyes.

Draco stood when he noticed them, shaking both the guys hands and nodding politely at the sisters in greeting. Blaise and Theo joined them as well, then Astoria and Daphne.

"They're the Gamps" Adrian told Hermione, noticing her curious expression. "And he's from the Selwyns family" He added as another guy walked over, his hair dark brown and eyes pale green.

"Thank you"She said quietly. He gave a nod, watching people crowd around Draco and the others.

Many of the women were glaring at her, especially since it seemed she had no relation to the Malfoys. "She's ignorant and desperate" She overheard one of them say.

"Lonely... so wanting for attention"

"She's bold. Narcissa doesn't seem to like her"

"She's a celebrity, she should be acting more professional at an event like this"

The comments piled in but Hermione tried to not pay attention as she spoke with Pansy. "Don't worry"Pansy whispered to her. "They'll be eating their own shit when the dance starts"

She was glaring at her childhood friends over Hermione's shoulder, each of which were huddled together. As Hermione turned to see where Pansy was staring, Draco parted through the girls, walking straight through them and to Hermione. Pansy stood suddenly, waving Blaise over as she walked away.

Draco took Pansy's seat, turning to face Hermione and she watched his cold eyes pass over the girls behind her until they shoved their way into the crowd. His eyes then rested on hers and he cocked his head to the side, smirking.

"You're a known threat" He leaned back in his chair

She wanted to pull him in and kiss his smirk away but it was far too soon. She rested a hand on his knee instead, the one hidden by the table cloth, because she didn't know how to express her feelings with words. He looked down, amused. "Meet me outside the ballroom in 3 minutes" He muttered, turning his head towards where Theo and Daphne stood. He got up, his hand skimming the back of her chair, fingers caressing through her hair as he walked away.

Draco's seat was taken immediately, Ginny slipping into it. "So?"

"So?"

"You looked upset before he came. What happened?"

"I'm not upset-"

"Not anymore. Malfoy seemed to clear that up"Ginny smirked.

Hermione blushed and looked away. She couldn't answer before someone came and sat across from her. Clark Rosier, she remembered.

"I'm a friend of Draco's"He held his hand out to her in a much different way he had before. Like a friend rather a greeting.

She took it this time, curious. "Draco seems fond of you. Much more than a regular friend" He said.

"Come off it"Ginny scoffed. "I had a word with Parkinson, she saw it click in your head"

Ginny had no tolerance for passive interactions. Clark raised his eyebrows, surprised. "And you are...?"

"Ginny Weasley"The look of disgust Ginny expected never crossed his face.

"I'm assuming she's your friend?" He asked Hermione.

"She is"

"Then it's a pleasure to meet you, Ms.Weasley"

"Potter"

All three turned and saw Harry, glaring at Clark. "Excuse me?"

"It's Mrs.Potter"Harry told. Hermione watched Ginny hide a smirk. She had told her long ago how she adored when Harry got jealous.

Clark looked confused but nodded slowly. "Forgive me, Mrs.Potter"

Ginny waved him off as she stood, hooking her arm through Harry's. "I think Lavender and Ron just arrived" She told, pulling Harry away.

"That was... interesting"Clark drawled.

"Don't mind him," Hermione told. "He must've mistaken your curiosity for interest"

He gave a nod before redirecting the conversation. "So you and Draco...?"

Hermione raised an eyebrow, waiting for him to continue.

"His mother owled half our families and told he he was available. My sister was hoping"

"His mother misinformed you. We're working over the details" Hermione crossed her arms.

"Alright then. Congratulations" And he stood. "Draco is out those doors"He nodded toward the staircase, the same doors she had used to enter. "I'll keep the others distracted"

She was surprised, to say the least, but he was gone before she could speak. She waited a final few seconds before standing. She saw girls approaching her, angered, and she sped her pace.

"She was touching him, Laura! She's desperate enough to touch him, to wear a white dress and act like she belongs. She's a Mudblood-"

She silently casted a confundus charm on all of them as she reached the staircase. She went up and glanced behind her as they looked around, confused.

She went through the doors at the top and she only took three steps forward before she was pulled away.

Draco tugged her further from the ball room, far enough until they couldn't hear the music. He then pulled her into the closest bathroom, locking the door behind them. She caught his face in her hands when he turned around and he quickly pressed his lips against hers.

"You look absolutely stunning, love"He muttered against her lips, his hands gripping her waist as he pressed her against the wall.

She pulled his mouth back to hers, her arms thrown around his neck. She didn't let him speak, continuing to distract him to use anything but his words.

His mouth fell away from hers, going to the end of her collarbone, pressing his lips near her necklace. He was just about to press his body against hers when a voice echoed loudly from the ballroom.

"The first dance will begin in 2 minutes"

He groaned and pulled away reluctantly. His lips dropped to hers lazily, a departing kiss. She grabbed onto his shirt, refusing to let him pull away. "A few more seconds"She mumbled.

He smirked but listened. As his lips dipped to her neck, Hermione's eyes stayed on the clock. They had 100 seconds.

His hands threaded through her hair, holding her still as he continued his pecks and kissed against her neck...

85 seconds.

She managed to get his blazer off, not wanting her makeup to ruin it. Her fingers fisted his hair, desperate to get him closer...

70 seconds.

He picked her up, his hands under her thighs and he deepened the kiss as best he could. Her heel was about to make contact with his waist when she caught the clock...

50 seconds.

He was across the room the next second, fixing his hair in the mirror as she slumped against the wall. He pulled on his blazer, smoothing it neatly as he turned to look at her. He attempted to tame her hair down from the mess he had made and she glared at him. She stepped in front of the mirror, cast 2 spells and then they were out the door.

He kissed her a final time in front of the doors of the room, leaving her breathless as he took her ring from his necklace and slid it onto her ring finger. He tossed a smirk at her astounded expression before pushing open the doors and pulling them in. They stood at the top of the staircase, all the lights in the room dimmed. They were under the spot light but Hermione caught a glimpse of the end of the staircase.

Multiple women, the ones she had confounded, were standing there, trying to get to the front of the line, waiting for Draco.

"Please, for the first dance... the new generation of Malfoys" Narcissa's voice echoed loudly.

All eyes fell to them and they heard the surprised gasps from below. Her arm was through his, and he slowly made his way down the staircase, cautious of her heels. The room was silent other than the slow music beginning to play.

He had heard the music 3 times before. All three times he had dreaded it. He had been forced in the first two to stand with his parents for what felt like hours to take photos for the daily prophet, watching enviously as the others played.

The last one he had hated it due to Pansy. Her dress was much too bright and pink for his liking and she had refused to let him dance with anyone else. It wasn't all her fault, now that he looked back on it. He had been in a bad mood since the mothers kept introducing their daughters to him, desperate to get his attention.

This one however, this time when he heard the music, all his mind could focus on was the witch beside him. How her step fell with his, how her arm tightened around his the closer they got to end of the staircase.

"Trust me"He muttered out of the corner of his mouth as they walked to the centre of the room.

And she did, allowing him to steer her as the music hitched and the waltz music, Symphony No. 3, began. They had practiced for the past three days in their living room, stepping on toes and loosing their balance as they spun around the room.

But they had perfected it, now doing it in front of hundreds of people, together in perfect harmony. Forgetting everyone in the room other than each other.

The song ended and the Slytherins at the closest table and the Gryffindors at the one to their right began clapping before others began to join in. Draco stepped away, his hand holding hers as he bowed his head and pressed a kiss to her knuckles, his eyes never leaving hers.

A camera flashed, bringing both of them back to reality. Draco looked over Hermione's shoulder, and for the first time in the last few months, Narcissa seemed pleased- happy. She smiled, a real one, and gave a final nod of approval.

Another song rolled in and others joined in on the dance floor. Blaise and Luna, Harry and Ginny, Pansy and Neville, Astoria and Ernie, Daphne and Theo, and then Lavender and Ron. Other people she didn't know were joining, many women glaring at her in envy.

They danced to the next song, which happened to be slow and calming. He held her close to him, his forehead against hers, and arms around her waist loosely. Her arms were around his neck, her hands clasped at the back, and her fingers tugging at his hair lightly.

It had been all he wanted. To claim her his in front of all that tried to take her from him. Cormac McLaggen was near the back, glaring at them. Viktor Krum watching from his seat, his wife beside him. Elon Davis between his sisters, staring silently. He caught Ron glaring as he danced with Lavender.

"Draco?"

He brought his attention back to her, closing his eyes. "Yes, love?"

"I love you"

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

94.4K 2.1K 48
❝Loving your enemy is not easy. Some accept it, while some are hellbent on destroying.❞ Students returned back to Hogwarts to complete their final ye...
50.5K 519 134
❝𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘭𝘪𝘧𝘧𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘦, 𝘴𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘨 '𝘨𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘮𝘦 𝘢 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯'❞ *not related to any of my previous hp instagram*
139K 4.2K 35
This is a sequel to Wrong Number (You can read this book without reading it but you may not understand all the references) 5 years after graduation...
486K 12.1K 42
It's been two years since the battle of Hogwarts and Hermione Granger and Ginny Weasley have everything they ever wanted. Great friends, amazing boyf...