Ladders OF Love

By addy_1205

ADITI SINGHANIA, a heartwarming, innocent girl looking for love in her life. She always wanted to have a pers... More

Ladders OF Love
Author's Note
PROLOGUE
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Character Sketch Part 1
Character Sketch Part 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Author's Note
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Author's Note
Chapter 12
Author's Note
Chapter 13 - Mehndi Ceremony
Chapter 15
Chapter 16 - The Wedding
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Authors Note
Chapter 20
Chapter 21 - Honeymoon
New Cover
New Story
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24

Chapter 14 - Sangeet Ceremony

119 7 0
By addy_1205

Aditi's POV

Today is our Sangeet Ceremony, and here I am sitting in front of the mirror and impatiently waiting for the make-up artists to finish their work, I so hate sitting like this but cannot protest either.

After my make-up and hair were done, I went to wear my lehenga. I looked at myself in the mirror and gasped, not believing it was me. These make-up artists sure did a great job on me, I had my hair open, just some wavy curls and accessories because I love my hair open. 

I am beyond happy with my choice of lehenga, I am getting the same vibes and feelings wearing it that I had dreamt of, the first time I saw this lehenga, I had made up my mind to wear it in any of my wedding functions, and thanks to Maya Di, she I got this one, at first she was upset that I did not want to wear her designs or they were bad, but then I explained to her how I felt about this one, she happily agreed to get me this lehenga as my wedding gift at any cost. And I had to give in to her. Now, you must be thinking why I had to give in when I was the only one to ask for it, but when she mentioned it as a wedding gift, I was a little reluctant, I had strictly told everyone to not give any gifts because their presence and blessings are the only gifts, I need from them. 

I don't know but I had some emotional connection to this dress the moment I laid my eyes on it, maybe because it's my dream dress, I don't know honestly, but I am ecstatic right now for being able to fulfill all my dreams for my wedding. 

Shivansh's POV

I am so much excited as tomorrow is the day of our wedding, I have been waiting for this day ever since I met her, I know sounds cliche, but it is what it is. 

Right now, I am getting ready for our Sangeet Ceremony, I quickly freshened up, wore my outfit for the day, and did my hair, soon I was ready and noticed that there still was a little time so thought of calling my Angel and see if she is ready or not,

"Hello Angel, are you ready yet?"

"Hello to you too Jiju (brother-in-law), and no, your Angel is not and is still getting ready that is why her phone is with me." 

"Oh, I didn't know her phone was with someone else, by the way, if you don't mind me asking, which one of my many Sali's (sisters-in-law) am I having the privilege to talk to?"

"Oh, I don't mind at all, and I am the one who shares the same first name as your Angel"

"Oh, Dr. Aditi, ok, God, why do you girl's take so much time to get ready"

"Haha, not funny Jiju, she is The Bride, she is bound to take time to get all decked up for her big day, and a free advice, you should probably get used to waiting because after marriage also this will happen a lot because we girls have so many things to wear and apply that it takes time and this is something quite foreign to you guys, Hehe" - Dr. Aditi

" Ok, learned the lesson never to mess up with ladies, (laugh) I'll keep your advice in mind in the future, thank you for your pep talk Sali Sahiba (madam sister-in-law)"

"Hehe, my pleasure Jiju, now I have to go so that I can bring your Angel to the function on time"

"Ok, Sali Ji"

My Angel has some crazy, pure-hearted friends; she once told me all about them, and I am thankful to them for being with her in her hard times. 

Anyways, I went to the venue where the function was going to be held and the decoration is perfect, and I know this is all my Angel's wishes and I am happy she is having her wedding as she has always wanted, I have promised myself that from now I am going to give her all the happiness in the world, and will be there to support her through her every emotion and decision in life, I know I cannot say that I will never let her cry or will never let her face any problem because this is life and here we do not have control of what's in store for us in future, but I can promise that I will be there with her in any problem and we will together face it, I will be the shoulder she can cry on and someone she can share her heart to. 

I was in my thoughts when my family and cousins came, all ready to rock today's function, soon guests also started arriving and I greeted them.

Everyone's attention was at the entrance, and I curiously looked over there and saw the most beautiful girl I have ever seen, walking towards me, looking like my queen, my Angel. 

Author's POV

(Shivansh and Aditi's Outfit for the ceremony☝️🥰)

(The text in Bold is some information about the Sangeet Ceremony for those who are not aware to the culture)

The Hindu, Punjabi, and Gujarati wedding ceremonies are known to involve several pre-wedding events, including the Sangeet. The Sangeet is however unique because it is where the party starts. Sangeet means 'to sing together in Sanskrit. Also referred to as Guan (meaning 'songs' or 'to sing' in Hindi), the event is traditionally celebrated in the Punjab regions of India. However, several other regions now include it in their pre-wedding celebrations. Initially, the Sangeet is strictly for females, with attendees coming from two families. But now, we have men joining the party. The Sangeet is not considered a religious pre-wedding ceremony. Instead, it is an avenue to partake in the joy and happiness surrounding the couple.

The highlights of the event include songs rendered collectively by the elderly female members of the families and dedicated to the bride; dances by the relatives and friends of the couple; and an open dance floor to celebrate the festivities for the other days of the wedding week.

 While the Sangeet is premised on rejoicing, it is also an important avenue for the families to gather and get familiar before the wedding day.

The couple is entertained by the choreographed dance numbers performed by friends and relatives. And it is also considered a form of social bond that connects the families with themselves and the couple. You may hire an Indian Wedding DJ to host your Sangeet.

(Flower letter decoration at the entrance)

(Stage Decoration)

(Bride and Groom's sitting area)

After Aditi arrives at the venue, the function is started by the Hosts, and the hosts were DEV and SHIVANGI OBEROI. 

"Today we all are here to celebrate the union of two beautiful souls, Shivansh and Aditi, and their families." - Shivangi

"They are the apple of everyone's eyes, loving personalities, and most importantly they love their families more than themselves" -Dev

"So, today their families are here to celebrate their happiness with them and bless them for their amazing married life ahead. Let's start this grand celebration with some blessings showering upon them, let's welcome Shivansh's baby sister, SACHI" - Shivangi

After Sachi's graceful performance, one by one there were great performances by everyone in the family.

(Aditi and Shivansh's family together performance including relatives)

(Aditi and Shivansh's cousins and friends)

(Stereography for their love story)

Aditi's POV

All the performances were mind-blowing and heart-touching, then Shivansh's parents came to the floor, and they are so lively and amazing couple *touch wood*, they touched our hearts and especially Shivansh's. 

Then came my mom and I am surprised because she never liked to dance much but today for me, she did 🥺

My Mausi (Mother's sister), Mami Ji (Mother's sister-in-law), and Chachi (Father's younger sister-in-law) also joined, I was so emotional and couldn't control my tears, I love my family the most they are my precious ones, and now my family is extended, and Shivansh and his family are also my families whom I love the same. They made me join too and all this feels so surreal.

 Then came all our sisters (Sachi, Kriti, Maya Di, Sumedha Di) and sisters-in-law (Shivangi Bhabhi, Anusha Bhabhi, and Nandini Di) for the performance.  

Then all our brothers rocked the dance floor (Dev Bhai, Bhai, Neil, Shiv Bhaiya, and *shockingly* Vansh Jiju) *shocking because he never danced except for some steps in his wedding*

  Even Dev Bhaiya and Shivangi Bhabhi killed it with their amazing dance.

Suddenly Shivansh got up and went to the stage singing the song surprised me.

OMG! He is so good, and I am blessed to have him, his dance, his performance, everything was special for me, he did that for me, and I feel overwhelmed by his gesture. His performance made my day super special and memorable forever.

His friends performed for him, and it was so fun watching his all friends this crazy for the first time.

My friends surprised me with their performance and then pulled me with them and I was so emotional, seeing all our memories in the background made me so emotional, they mean the world to me, I love them no matter what, no matter how much we fight or argue or be sad, our bond is just unbreakable.

After the dance, I hugged the life out of them and was so emotional, even they cried, and I was surprised because they have rarely cried no matter what happened in their life but today seeing the place, I hold in their hearts has given me so much joy and happiness that I cannot even express.

Now it was time for my performance, and no one know about it as it is a surprise for everyone.

Mom was emotional, the first song was dedicated to her, and the second son, was for Papa, our pictures were in the background, and even I got emotional while dancing remembering papa. Everyone got emotional on the third song.

This one is for Bhai, first time all through my wedding functions I saw him crying, even Shivansh teared up a little bit this time, but at last, Bhai said something to annoy me as well and made me laugh, he said my make-up will be spoiled if I cry like this and I will look like a ghost at my own Sangeet.

Then I dedicated my dance to him, and my friends also joined for some songs, at the last, I went up to him and hugged him tightly.

After my performance, everyone came up to the DJ and grooved for some time, then we all had dinner together and also clicked some photos and had our couple photo session with the photographer.    

This night has been amazing, and I wouldn't want it any other way. Soon we all retired to our rooms to rest and prepare for tomorrow's big day.

 I talked with Shivansh for some time and then slept with a content smile on my face.

A/N-

Hello readers, I apologize for the delay in the update. I hope you all enjoy reading this chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it. This chapter is dedicated to all my family and especially my best friends as they have always been there for me. The wedding coming up soon and I promise that after the wedding there will be progress in the story line and will not just be about the functions anymore. Let me know your thoughts and opinion through your votes and comments. 

STAY TUNED

XOXO

~Addy 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 65.3K 59
π’πœπžπ§π­ 𝐨𝐟 π‹π¨π―πžγ€’ππ² π₯𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐑𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐒𝐞𝐬 γ€ˆπ›π¨π¨π€ 1〉 π‘Άπ’‘π’‘π’π’”π’Šπ’•π’†π’” 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒇𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒕 ✰|| 𝑺𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒂 𝑴�...
4.4M 279K 104
What will happen when an innocent girl gets trapped in the clutches of a devil mafia? This is the story of Rishabh and Anokhi. Anokhi's life is as...
2.7M 154K 49
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...
2M 111K 96
Daksh singh chauhan - the crowned prince and future king of Jodhpur is a multi billionaire and the CEO of Ratore group. He is highly honored and resp...