After Solitude

By BabyGurl5119

Have you ever felt the love and protection of three vampires? Zoey hasn't, she didn't even think it could've... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Epilogue

Chapter 35

10K 271 32
By BabyGurl5119

Zoey's POV

"Oh my fucking God. Tell me about it! Spill all the dirty details!" Poppy dances in excitement.

I guess it was a slight mistake to tell her what happened between Nik and I while she was out yesterday.

I just had to tell someone though. I lost my virginity, popped my cherry, had sex! And it was with one of the hottest guys I've ever seen.

His voice, his muscles, his hair, eyes, his...thing. All sexy as all hell.

When did I become such a horndog?

"Well, the witch's potion thingy actually worked, which I'm pretty sure you already know because Wyatt is here and because you're able to stand being in the same room as me," I giggle, "but with Nik, it was good." I smile, trying to keep my sex life a little more private.

She rolls her eyes as she pulls a button up flannel over her shoulders, "come on. You have got to give me more than that. Are you sore? Was he big? Are you happy about it?" She rolls her hands as she lists the questions.

I'm hella sore.

"He was...very well endowed, I'm actually very happy about it, I feel like an actual adult now, and yes...it hurts to wipe after I pee." I tell her, probably sharing too much information.

She taps my knee, supporting my judgement, "I'm happy for you." She smiles before throwing shoes onto her feet.

"Where are you going?" I ask, just now noticing that she's been getting ready.

Her finger touches her lips as she tells me to hush and her voice drops to a very faint whisper, "you can't tell anyone." She gently closes her room door and meets back with me on her bed, "I'm going to see Desmond."

Desmond. That's her boyfriend.

"Why can't anyone know? I didn't know you were still seeing him." I smile, being happy she still has him. It's odd she hasn't been talking about him though. I assumed they broke up.

"I'm not exactly allowed to see him." She sighs.

That's stupid. Obviously Poppy can be trusted, she hasn't killed me or any other human, even when I was bleeding right next to her.

"My lips are sealed." I zip my lips closed to which she smiles.

She deserves to be happy.

"The guys are looking for you, I heard them call you from downstairs." She opens her door, "cover for me?" She asks.

I nod as I leave her room to find the guys.

Poppy deserves love just as much as anyone else does. Desmond doesn't seem like a bad guy, although I've only met him once.

I find the three men in the kitchen with a sandwich freshly prepared sitting in front of them.

"We have a few questions for you, doll." Wyatt slides the sandwich towards me.

I sit on the bar stool and inspect the sandwich. Whole wheat bread, oven roasted turkey, cheddar cheese, lettuce, thin slices of tomato, mayonnaise, mustard, and a few strips of bacon. My mouth waters at the magnificence.

"We know you lied about your friendship with Brexley." Jett states with his arms crossed and a single eyebrow raised.

My heart sinks to the bottom of my stomach, "I didn't lie." I shake my head, not understanding why they think I lied to them.

"You said you weren't close." Wyatt tilts his head, not in an accusing way, more in a curious way.

The air around us is so silent, I could hear a fly buzzing in the next room.

"We weren't." I state.

"Love, were you two ever close." Nik asks, no smile or happiness present in his voice. Knowing he's upset with me...knowing they are all upset with me, hurts my soul. I can feel something crumbling inside me.

"When we lived in the group home, yeah. But after she left we drifted apart and never talked again," I look at my lap, "so no, we weren't friends. But once upon a time, we were the best of friends."

Loosing my appetite, I place the sandwich back onto the plate. Maybe I should've told them we were friends at one point. I didn't think that would matter though.

"Thank you for telling us, doll. We aren't mad at you." Wyatt slides the plate closer to me, encouraging me to eat.

Sure does feel like they are all upset with me, Nik and Jett still have that fire in their eyes.

Jett clears his throat, "we just know that what happened with Brexley and Poppy now probably has something to do with you. Whatever is going on is targeting you. So yes, we're mad, livid to be exact. But not at you, baby."

Jett and Nik leave the room, leaving me alone with Wyatt and a curling tummy.

Wyatt takes a big bite out of my sandwich then places it at my lips. My eyes quizzically meet his as he chews.

"I'm helping you, take a bite." He nudges the sandwich on my lips, making a small smile spread across my face.

I take a small bite, realizing that he's eating just so my hungry belly can eat too. He somehow senses that eating under stress is very hard for me.

Despite the sandwich being delicious and Wyatt helping me by taking big bites, I couldn't finish it. It took me four small bites until my body just said no.

After Wyatt finishes it for me, I return to the sunroom to work on my upcycling project a little more before the annual gathering.

As I glue a hollowed out box to the book, I can't help but think about Nik's parents.

I haven't seen them since we first met. I guess they've been being reclusive in their room or they wait until I'm asleep to come out and be social with everyone.

His mother finds me weak, a mere human. Sometimes, I believe that too but other times, I know I'm so much more than that. I survived the foster care system, I survived losing my parents, I survived being homeless, and I've always gone above and beyond whenever I can. I may only be a human, but I'm not weak.

Sometimes I feel weak, but I hope that's just my brain playing tricks on me. Fake confidence is still confidence.

I'll have to see them later on tomorrow afternoon. I know for a fact they aren't too keen on seeing me on Nik's arm, and I'm not too keen on only being on Nik's arm. I want to be with all of them but royalty isn't supposed to share I guess.

What will all the people be like? Will they all automatically hate me for being a human for thinking the same way his mom does? At least I'll have Poppy and the guys. Wait, can I talk to Jett and Wyatt? Of course I can, I'm still my own person.

"A secret box?" A voice appears from behind me, causing me to jump and let out a quiet squeal in surprise.

"Henry! You scared me." I force a laugh, trying to not show fear on my face by relaxing my worry lines.

"Sorry," he smiles gently, "I forget that human ears aren't sensitive like mine are sometimes." He admits, sitting on one of the couches across from me.

I feel as if he sits further away from me and right where I can see him on purpose. He knows I have a slight fear of him, so he sits out of arm's reach but still where I can keep my eyes on him to watch his every move.

"It's not a secret if you know about it." I smile, referring to his first question.

He nods, "you know, I won't tell anybody. The secret box is safe between you and I."

I giggle and begin to paint the sides of the hollowed out wood an off white color to later resemble pages.

"I just wanted to talk about tomorrow," Henry starts scooting back onto the couch while I sit up a little straighter to show I'm listening, "as you know, my wife will take a while to warm up to you."

I nod, "she hates me, yes." I borderline joke.

He deeply laughs, sounding like Nik, "perhaps. But tomorrow, while Nik is giving his speech, I want you to keep a straight spine, elegance and power comes from having an elongated back. Don't smile until the end of the speech, on a pretty soft face like yours, a smile can be seen as a weakness of shyness or fear, don't show that. Lastly, for the love of all things holy, be careful. If you cut yourself, fall or do anything that may cause you to bleed, Nik and I along with Jett and Wyatt will have to probably kill a ton of our own because they can't control themselves. Your blood is different, it's...more pure so..."

"Why the fuck do you smell like that? I hear Jett seethe from outside the room.

Thank you all for reading! Please remember to vote, comment, and follow!

To whoever was impacted by hurricane Ian, I hope you're okay and safe! 

I've also gone a whole month without smoking a cigarette! I don't know how I did it, but I'm happy I pushed through. :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59K 3.9K 38
Not knowing who she was...what she was, caused; lets say, problems for Kaliska. Kaliska life changed dramatically when she discovered she was more t...
38.9K 1.3K 69
STORY COMPLETE Two best friends, about to enter into the dating scene separately. Except the boy is a werewolf and the girl a vampire / human hybrid...
513K 21.3K 59
*This is not your typical romance. My characters are deliciously wicked anD unrepentant. This book features very mature content that includes sex w...
69.1K 2.9K 62
Keava Knight was born into a family that knows there are supernatural creatures in the world. Right after she turned eighteen a group of vampires tur...