Cut From A Different Cloth

Av beysfavorite

Leia Drew, 14, and her baby sister, Logan, 3, now lives with her Aunt May after her mom died unexpectedly. Sh... Mer

Characters
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10

11

737 39 136
Av beysfavorite

long time no see😃

Omniscience
Monday
November 25
__________________________

Leia was standing next to one of the only jail phone's open and she had no idea who she was going to call.

Lauren and Serenity are still out of town obviously. She knew CJ's number by heart but also knew he wouldn't be able to pick her up since they were the same age. And it made no sense to her to ask Christian, a drug dealer, to pick her up from a precinct? Calling May was not one thought in her mind.

Leia stuck her hands in her jackets pockets thinking about anyone else she could call. She felt something crinkle in her pocket and took it out hoping it was candy since she was hungry.

It was a piece of paper and she quickly recognized it to be the paper that Beyoncé gave her last night. It had both Beyoncé's and Jay's numbers on it but Leia was still hesitant.

When they left their home, she was still in it. How would she be able to explain that she winded up arrested the 4 hours they've been away?

Leia just wanted to be with Logan and it seemed like Beyoncé was her only choice. Fuck it, Leia spoke in her head started to dial Beyoncé's number.

Beyoncé didn't even get to start her car before she saw her phone ringing. It was an unknown number and she had a good mind to ignore it, but something in her just urged her to answer.

"Hello?" Beyoncé spoke holding the phone up to her ear, looking at Blue being distracted by her phone.

"This is a prepaid call from a person currently in a jail in Los Angeles County Jail." The siri-like voice started.

Dammit Solange, Beyoncé shook her head.

"The person calling is..." There was a pause until Leia spoke her name, "Leia Drew" Beyoncé's jaw dropped, she was so confused and felt her blood start to boil.

"All calls are logged and recorded and may be listened to by a member of the prison staff. To accept the charges, please press one. To refuse the charges and end the call, please hang up." Although she was hesitant, Beyoncé pressed one.

"This better be some sick joke." Beyoncé spoke trying to keep her calm knowing her nosey child was less than 2 feet away from her.

"Can you come pick me up?"

"And you say that without a care, won't even explain yourself. Don't worry we'll talk when I get there." Beyoncé hung up to refrain from saying something she would regret.

"Hey Blue Blue, how about you go take a visit to grandma's house? Do you want to do that?" Beyoncé suggested to Blue although she didn't really have a choice.

"Did you just get off the phone with grandma?" Blue asked peeping up from her phone.

"No." Beyoncé answered slowly.

"Daddy?" She questioned.

"Negative."

"Who were you talking to then? You sounded like how you talk to me when I'm being too loud in church." Blue inquired as Beyoncé just shook her head.

"Sit back and enjoy the ride little girl." Beyoncé turned on the radio silencing Blue from asking another question.

Blue was dropped off at her grandmother's house and Beyoncé felt the need to call Jay and make him aware of what happened. The couple was very confused with the minimal information but knew that Beyoncé would be the one to figure out.

Beyoncé took a deep breath before walking in. The entire process wasn't long at all especially Beyoncé opted out to lying and saying she was Leia's older cousin.

When Beyoncé locked eyes with Leia she was ready to snatch her up and get out of there. She started to approach her and before she could say a word she heard someone call her name.

"Ms.Carter." The voice repeated.

"It's Mrs.Carter." Beyoncé corrected coldly turning her head to be met with who was calling her.

"Right Mrs.Carter my apologies. I'm Denise, Leia's social worker, working with child services." Denise reached her hand out and Beyoncé shook it.

"If you could follow me right this way, we have some things to discuss." Denise turned and started walking away.

Beyoncé mugged Leia before she followed Denise and Leia was right behind them both.

"If you were not informed by Leia she was arrested for attempting to sell drugs. She had two pill bottles that were already half empty." Denise started to explain once they were sitted in a cubicle.

"Are you serious Leia?" Beyoncé said in the most disappointed voice and had a disgusted look on her face.

Leia looked Beyoncé's way and shrugged not really looking at her. Beyoncé was so fed up with how nonchalant Leia was being about the entire situation. Not even her husband got on her nerves this bad.

"In Leia's favor I was able to convince the cop to give her community service instead of taking this to court since she had no prior offenses." Denise announced making Beyoncé let out a deep breath, "It's called the F.L.Y program it stands for Fresh Lifelines for Youth, she'll be joining their Law program. Teaches the kids about the law but in a fun interactive way, it's been beneficial for other cases I've worked on."

"Though Leia being arrested is a very unfortunate situation to be discussing, that is not why we're having this meeting currently."

Not wanting to say anything prematurely Beyoncé sat waiting for what Denise had to say.

"Last night around 9pm it was reported by Leia's next door neighbor that there was a loud commotion coming from their house. Police were dispatched 40 minutes later and found Mable Brown unconscious and injured in the home. To my understanding this was her great aunt and guardian after her mother's passing. Mable is currently being treated in the hospital for overdosing on heroine and being in a coma." Denise took a breath finding it to be a mouthful to spew all of the unfortunate events Leia has went through at the age of 14.

Beyoncé was surprised enough to hear all of these details. She predicted and damn near knew about Leia's aunt to be on some type of drug but the last thing she assumed was for her mother to be dead. She was really wondering what happened the night at their house because Leia had cuts and her aunt was injured. She had so many questions.

Leia on the other hand had her mouth agape when she found out her aunt was in the hospital but she quickly closed her mouth looking down at the ground. She was beyond embarrassed that all of the information she was trying to keep private from Beyoncé was now out in the open.

"Which is why I was called in the first place. With Mable being in the hospital neither Leia nor Logan has a guardian to look after them. I did suggest their maternal grandmother but according to Leia she is 'unfit' so the only other option would be foster care but-"

"I already told you no." Leia interrupted, the first time she had spoken during this entire ordeal.

Beyoncé couldn't get mad at Leia interrupted because she wanted to interrupt herself. There was no way she was going to let those girls get put into foster care.

"I was about to bring up another solution Leia." She reassured the teen before turning back to Beyoncé, "If you are willing to make the commitment and do the paperwork then-"

"I am. I would love to." Beyoncé spoke before Denise could even finish.

Leia wasn't surprised by her answer, she was already sure that Beyoncé and Jay had a hero complex so she expected her to jump at the opportunity to seem like a great person.

They must be family because they sure do love interrupting people. Denise spoke in her head, but she was grateful for how willing Beyoncé was.

"That's great. I have a few papers for you to sign basically saying that both kids are in your temporary care before the actual process begins." Denise announced with a smile starting to gather the papers.

• • •

"If you think even for a second that you're gonna get out of this car without telling me what went down today. Hell is gonna freeze over and the devil better learn how to ice skate." Beyoncé spoke bitterly to Leia as they were sitting in the car silent.

"I'm really not up for this right now." Leia spoke lowly shaking her head while rubbing her temples.

"What Leia?" Beyoncé huffed, "What is it that has you so flustered right now."

"You!" Leia raised her voice, "You're sitting here trying to play Mommy! Or should I say cousin? I don't need this! I don't need you in any other position in my life but my teacher!"

"Leia I'm not trying to play Mommy, but if at any time I wanted to I have my own daughter to do so. This is like Deja Vu, the same exact situation I've been going through with you. You're blocking your blessings, you think you have everything in control and you don't!"

"I know you think that you're a hero and all, but you can't save everybody!"

"Well thank the lord that I'm not trying to save everybody. If I'm trying to save anyone it's only you and Logan."

"I don't need saving! I have a lot of fucking responsibilities so it makes sense if it seems like I don't always have shit in control but I'll always figure it out!"

"Well now that you're staying with me Leia, these are your only responsibilities. Go to school and actually try! Attend this damn F.L.Y program. And stay the hell out of trouble!"

"I wouldn't be in fucking trouble if I didn't have people down my throat twenty four seven and pushing my hand to do shit!"

"Who is pushing your hand Leia?! Who is jumping down your throat?!"

"EVERYONE!" Leia screamed at the top of her lungs, "Every fucking person I come in contact with! Expects something from me! I have to do something for them! I provide! I protect! And I go insane out of my fucking mind! I never get to rest! I'm sick of this shit!" The car was completely silent as Leia screamed the entire time.

After a very somber moment Beyoncé spoke up, "Tell me where we're going to pick up Logan, Leia. Because I know damn well you didn't leave her by herself." Beyoncé spoke in a normal tone.

"Nickerson Gardens." Leia replied quietly.

"NICKERSON GARDENS?! LEIA ARE YOU CRAZY!" Beyoncé jumped and turned in her seat facing Leia.

The Nickerson Gardens, better known as 'the projects' was easily known as one of the most dangerous neighborhoods. Filled with gangbangers, drugs, crackheads, and drug dealers.

"Did you walk there with Logan?" Beyoncé questioned staring at the girl's look ready to detect any lie she was going to tell.

"How else do you get places without a car or a bus pass?" Leia asked rhetorically cocking her head towards Beyonce.

Beyonce shook her head and let out a bitter laugh, "I've had you in my class all school year and would have never known you had a mouth or attitude like this." She started to drive out of the police station parking lot.

• • •

"Who is it in the Nickerson Gardens that you know and your comfortable enough leaving Logan there by herself?" Beyoncé questioned as the GPS signaled that they were arriving to their destination.

"In the nicest way possible, that doesn't concerns you. I'll be back." Leia hurriedly said getting out of the act before Beyoncé could ask anymore questions.

"Unbelievable." Beyoncé huffed out shaking her head. She decided to start texting her husband a lengthy text of what she has been going through with Leia.

"Logan! C'mon we have to go!" Leia yelled out as soon as she walked through the door.

"Coming!" Logan replied.

"Nah nah nah, look at you tryna run out on me. I told you I wanted my rematch." Christian said coming from the hallway meeting Leia where she was walking.

"You gone have to get that another day because I really gotta go."

"Oh aight, I've heard that before."

"Nah forreal, chill on me man." Leia laughed off as she walked in the CJ's room.

"You better be coming outta pocket cuz because I know I don't look like no damn babysitter, but I better be getting paid like one." CJ complained as soon as Leia walked in.

"Shut up stupid. If you knew the shit I went through these last 4 hours you would not be talking like that. I was arrested, so stupid enough to almost get myself and Logan put in a foster home, and now Mrs.Carter is parked right outside the damn door."

"Mrs.Carter? She parked outside of my house? What the hell Leia! And when the fuck did you get arrested. Say sike right now bruh I'm not playing with yo ass." CJ jumped up from his bed causing his controller to slide on the other side of the room.

"Does it really look like I'm playing?" Leia looked CJ in his eye which a serious face while placing her duffel bag on her shoulder.

"It doesn't but I really hope you are though." CJ said running his hand through his hair.

"I didn't tell her we were at your house though so you can't come outside."

"LeiLei my iPad is dying, look." Logan stood in front of Leia holding up her iPad so it could be in her big sister's eyesight.

"We're about to leave anyway Logan, I'll charge it later."

"I don't want to walk!" Logan tossed her head back starting to whine with a pout.

"We're not walking, hush girl. Put your jacket on c'mon." Leia ordered her patience running thin with Logan.

Once Logan put on her jacket Leia was eager to leave so that Beyoncé wouldn't feel the urge to come to the door.

"I'll tell you everything later." She spoke to CJ before she left.

She helped Logan in the seat behind the passenger before getting in the front seat.

"Hey Logan" Beyoncé smiled back at Logan her pitch heightened and very welcoming.

"Hi!" Logan waved with a smile innocently.

"Where did you just come from?" Beyoncé asked slyly trying to get information from Logan.

"Logan, quiet game!" Leia interrupted blowing air in her cheeks and putting her index finger over her lips causing Logan to do the same.

Beyoncé looked over at Leia before shaking her head starting to drive to her house.

• • •

Jay knocked on the familiar guest room door waiting for a answer, something he learned growing up with sisters.

"Yes?" Jay heard a soft voice call he could've mistaken it for a mouse how quiet it was. He took that as his cue to walk in.

"Leia-" Jay spoke as he walked in the room.

"Bey already yelled at me if that's what you came in here to do." Leia was sitting on the foot of the bed with her elbows on her knees resting her face on her hands not even facing the door.

"Beyoncé isn't capable of yelling unless it's at me and usually for a great reason." Jay said matter-a-factly walking to sit in the chair at desk in the room.

"I feel like we need to have a discussion about why you were arrested." Jay ran his hands over his face feeling very eerie since he was now on the other side of the conversation.

Leia lightly chuckled and shook her head, "Isn't this great? Bey is tryna play mommy and here you are trying to play daddy. So pops, how exactly is the 'discussion' going to go." Leia replied sarcastically.

Jay felt his blood start to boil as he clearly noticed that Leia wasn't taking the conversation seriously. Jay stood up from the chair not even wanting to have a civilized conversation with Leia anymore. He was once in her position, he knew how she needed to be dealt with. She didn't need nor deserved the respect that he and Beyoncé tried to give her. She needed to be pushed to her breaking point.

"You're hardheaded." Jay spat out staring directly at Leia.

"Excuse me?" Leia's face read disgust clearly not expecting Jay's response.

"You're hardheaded. You selling pills and shit. You just did that shit for money, which I wouldn't put past you. What I would put past you though is being a drug dealer because it's clear as day that you're not." Jay shook his head before being interrupted.

"And how would you know? How would you know that I'm not running for the biggest kingpin in the city right now!" Leia stood up matching Jay's demeanor.

"Because I was the biggest fucking kingpin Leia! Me! The nigga running restaurants and shit right now was running from Brooklyn to Manhattan and nobody could tell me shit because I was top dog!" Jay raised his voice making Leia take a step back from him, "I know for a fact we wouldn't have someone like you in the streets. Or at least not on the streets to sell drugs."

Jay's remarks made Leia feel extremely small. This wasn't like any of the conversations that she had with Beyoncé, she had no power or control during this conversation. She truly felt like she had to sit there and listen.

"You're living here now. I'm not mad at what you did but I am letting you know now all of that shit stops now. Do you understand?" Jay asked, really as a test to see if she would continue to hold up her facade.

"Yes." Leia nodded her eyes straying away from his.

"You're not bringing drugs in here anymore, you shouldn't even be in the same vicinity as drugs unless you're in CVS. You're not working at the shop anymore either. You need to be completely focused on school." Jay told Leia strictly knowing she would refute, which she did.

"That's not fair! You can't do that!" Leia yelled, if she didn't have an issue with anything else not having a job was that.

"Why can't I?" Jay asked Leia and she stood there without an answer.

"Things are changing for you Leia. Get ready for structure. I'm not here to your daddy or dictator but what my title to you is, a guardian." Jay spoke and headed to the door once he realized Leia had nothing more to say with tears welling up in her eyes.

Once Jay closed the door he let out a huge sigh and Leia rolled over on the bed crying into the pillows.

"Do you think you helped?" Beyoncé asked vaguely to Jay with a sympathetic look as she caught him walking in the hallway.

"I don't know what I did for her." Jay admitted running his hands over his face.

• • •

Leia POV

Sitting here in what I'm guessing is going to be my room now, and I am so exhausted. I feel like I've been through hell and back this one day alone.

Honestly Beyoncé's conversation just kissed me off more. But Jay's conversation put some stuff in perspective for me. They're my guardians now, I don't have a job, I have to do some program for community service. Why is my life so fucked up.

I got a notification from my phone making me take notice that the time was going on 10 o'clock. I looked to the left of me and saw Logan wide awake on her iPad.

"Logan please, that iPad is gonna be the death of me. You need to go to bed." I told Logan watching her brain rot right in front of my eyes as she played her favorite game.

"Hold on!"

"Once you die in that game, you're going to sleep. No if's, ands, or buts." I told Logan sternly but she didn't pay me any attention and kept playing her game.

After a minute I saw her die and look up at me before trying to quickly press restart, "Nope!" I snatched her iPad from the bed and got up to charge it.

"LeiLei! You're mean!" Logan caught an attitude mugging me while she crossed her arms.

"Goodnight Logan Kaia." I told her as she fell back on the bed dramatically.

After plugging up her iPad I went under the covers with her. I pulled her close to me so I could hold her in my arms as we slept. It didn't take me or Logan long to drift off to sleep.

FLASHBACK
2013

I hit the ball against the wall and it bounced into the direction of the street. "Dang it!" I exclaimed.

I ran to go get the ball before it ran into the street but luckily it just sat underneath a car by my side of the road. I bent down trying to get it but my arms were too short, right when I was going to go inside the house to tell my mom, a man walking down the street stops me.

"Hey little girl, you need help getting this ball from under here? I saw you struggling." He chuckled at the last part. I nodded my head.

The man bent down and retrieved the ball from under the car and handed it to me. I used my manners and said thank you, he nodded and kept walking down the street.

"Leia Drew! Get back in this house!" I heard my mom call, she sounded mad. I ran into the house without hesitation taking my ball with me.

My mom was standing by the door holding it open and closed it as soon as I ran in. She pulled me by my arm and had my back facing the door and me facing her right in front of me.

"Why would you do that? Huh?" I stayed quiet and confused about what she was talking about.

"Why would you let that man get that ball for you? You are 8 years old and you are more capable of doing it yourself! You don't need anyone to do anything for you. Are you weak? Do you need help? Is that what's wrong with ya?" I just stared at her while maintaining eye contact.

"I want an answer!"

"No, I'm not weak." I answered her.

"Well then don't act like it. Girl you must be crazy, having some man help you. Do you know who he was? I don't even know why I asked that I know you don't. He could've kidnapped you, Leia. He could've been a pedophile who looks for little girls like you. He would've taken you away far from here and he would've made you his bitch. I would've never seen you again. Think of that the next time you let a stranger, let alone a stranger who's a man help you because he'll do more than that I'm sure of it." She exclaimed before walking to the coffee table and grabbing her duffel bag.

She walked back over, "Alright I'm about to go to work at the club. Make yourself
a hot pocket for dinner and I'll be back at home around 3am."

"Mom, I thought you worked at a bar."

She stared at me for a minute, "I do, that's what I said. Leia you're eight, stay in a child's place."

I stopped talking but I'm sure that's not what she said. "Mom, your nose is running, are you sick?"

"No Jadah, this is from my medicine, you know that." She wiped her nose and moved me out the way of the door.

"I'll be back later, stay inside this house, keep the doors and windows locked." She said opening the front door to walk out.

"Okay, bye mommy I love you."

"Bye Jadah" she closed the door and locked it.

—————

YALL IM SORRY OKAY! I SUCK YALL PROBABLY HATE ME A LIL BIT I UNDERSTAND😭. Idk I just don't like this chapter that much it was so hard to write. But it's done!

I was also threatened by BeyBeyBeyx so y'all can either thank her or be mad at her because this was EXTREMELY RUSHED! LMAO😭

Thank y'all for your never ending support, even when I think that y'all don't really care for this book anymore... y'all get on my head and make sure that I know that y'all do!

1/31/23

FortsÀtt lÀs

Du kommer ocksÄ att gilla

137K 1.7K 28
It's pretty clichĂ© 🔆 DISCONTINUED - I just lost interest in them :)
12.4K 958 42
Enjoy đŸ„°đŸ’›
8.9K 361 16
When Zayn and Harry adopt a cute 3 year old baby boy named Mathew Mendez who's been through a lot. There life's has been completed and now they will...
35.5K 2K 17
What happens when two women who have never met in real life keep constantly meeting each other in their dreams. Will they ever come together in real...