The Future Is The Past (Trans...

By PrincessAura273

Vaughan Witwickey is a music lover. Listens to any kind of music she can get her hands on. When she creates a... More

The Future Is The Past (Transformers G1 FanFiction)
Part 1
Chapter 1 - Strange Noise
Chapter 2 - Decepticon Attack
Chapter 3 - Say Hello To The Autobots
Chapter 4 - Operation: Power Plant
Chapter 5 - The Crystal Mines
Chapter 6 - What Happens Now?
Chapter 7 - The Dubstep Discovery
Chapter 8 - A Musical Truth
Chapter 9 - Surprise
Chapter 10 - They Just Had To Come Back
Chapter 11 - Rescue
Authors Note - Which Episodes?
Chapter 12 - Meeting The Whiz Kid
Chapter 13 - Anti-Matter Formula
Chapter 14 - Fight Back
Chapter 15 - Autobot Down
Chapter 16 - One Way Or Another
Chapter 17 - Going Home
Part 2
Chapter 18 - Senior Year
Chapter 19 - Good Things Will Happen
Chapter 20 - Return To Mission City
Chapter 21 - A Messed Up Sparkplug
Chapter 22 - Atmosphere
Chapter 23 - Natural Disasters
Chapter 24 - A Plan of Action
Chapter 25 - Battle of Cybertron
Chapter 26 - Another Transformation
Chapter 27 - Get Back Up
Chapter 28 - Animals
Chapter 29 - Losing Control
Chapter 30 - Old Memories
Chapter 31 - Take Your Mind Off Things
Chapter 32 - Immobilized
Chapter 33 - Demobilized
Chapter 34 - Seeing Double
Chapter 35 - Father Figure
Chapter 36 - Fast Future & Corrupted Minds
Chapter 37 - Personalities
Part 3
Chapter 38 - Who Is Remix?
Authors Note: Removing Some Episodes
Chapter 39 - Open House
Chapter 40 - Empire State Of Mind
Chapter 41 - New York State Of Mind
Chapter 42 - Surprises At Every Corner
Chapter 43 - Autobot Day
Chapter 44 - Decepticon Day
Chapter 45 - One In The Same
Chapter 46 - Return
Chapter 47 - Exposed
Chapter 48 - Origin
Chapter 49 - Graduation
Authors Note: Review!
Chapter 50 - Summer Vacation & Seperation
Chapter 51 - Cybertonium
Chapter 52 - Welcome Back To Cybertron
Chapter 53 - Blaster
Chapter 54 - Dark Side Of The Moon
Chapter 55 - College
Part 4
Chapter 56 - Car Chase
Chapter 57 - Raoul
Chapter 58 - Fast & Furious
Chapter 59 - Dancitron
Chapter 60 - DJ Got Us Falling In Love
Chapter 61 - Old Bonds
Chapter 62 - He Could Be The One
Chapter 63 - Transform
Chapter 64 - Getting The Band Back Together
Chapter 65 - Guitar Cases
Chapter 66 - Drop That Bass
Chapter 67 - Piano Player
Chapter 68 - Better Than Ever
Chapter 69 - Battle Of The Bands
Chapter 70 - Bad News
Chapter 72 - Slumber Party Blues
Chapter 73 - Shake Your Tail
Chapter 74 - Under Our Spell
Chapter 75 - Semi-Finals
Chapter 76 - It's A Trap
Chapter 77 - Arguments To Solutions
Chapter 78 - Pull It Together
Chapter 79 - Welcome To The Show
Chapter 80 - Destinies
Chapter 81 - Final Goodbyes
Epilogue
Possible Sequel?
Ko-fi

Chapter 71 - The Mesmerizers

640 31 3
By PrincessAura273

Vaughan took the others to the Starbucks cafe across the street from her apartment. It was no Tim Hortons, but it was better than nothing.

They gathered at a booth; Vaughan, Daphine, and Spike sitting on the leather sofa while Josh walked towards the group, carrying the trays of drinks for everyone. Jazz, Andrew, Raoul, and Blaster all sat on chairs around the table.

Blaster and Jazz were explaining their findings to the others, and it wasn't until Josh sat down, passed everyone their drinks, and took a sip of his own frappicino did he realize what they said.

His eyes widened, and he spit ticked. "They're Decepticons?!"

"So you're saying three Decepticons are making the entire school act all cray-cray?" Raoul asked for clarification.

"But, they look like humans." Andrew reminded.

"They might be something similar to you guys. Techno-organic. Meaning half Cybertronian and half Human." Jazz explained.

"But now that we're all back together again, we can use our power against them." Spike stated.

Raoul stood up in his chair, fist pumping the air. "They'll never even know what hit'em!"

"Yeah!" Josh cheered in agreement as the two of them performed some martial art moves. Their fists soared, Jazz and Blaster's holoforms catching them in their hands, forcing them back into their seats.

"Spike's right. We got nothing to worry about." Jazz agreed.

"I'm pretty sure I can find something to worry about... But it won't be the Mesmerizers!" Daphine beamed.

"Hold your horse power everyone. The Mesmerizers being Decepticons is only a possibility. Since it wasn't live footage, only a video taken from Spike's video, Teletraan-1 wasn't able to get an exact scan of them." Blaster explained.

"Then we'll have to check them out up close and personal, and—" Before Vaughan continued, she looked over at Josh and Andrew, shooting them a glare. "No, not in THAT kind of way!"

The two boys looked taken back, waving the idea off. "What? Please Vaughan, we're adults!" Andrew defended.

"So any idea where the Mesmerizer's might be?" Jazz asked.

Josh raised his hand, waving it at him as he took a big gulp of his drink. "The opening ceremony for the Showcase, er, Battle Of The Bands is tomorrow night. All of the bands will be attending, which means The Mesmerizer's will definitely be there."

******

Josh was right.

At the opening ceremony of the Battle of The Bands, all of the bands that signed up were present. Including the Mesmerizers.

All of the bands were huddled in their groups, not interacting with any other band, only their own. If someone from a different band walked by, they'd watch them, glare at them.

It seemed odd. Before hand, everyone seemed so, happy and excited about the showcase.

Did the Mesmerizer's did something to them with their brainwashing?

The Opening Ceremony was only open to the staff off the school and the parents of the students, so not a huge crowd. The final round of the Battle of The Bands is supposed to be a huge deal. It would be broadcasting on live television for not just the whole country, but the whole world!

Vaughan had no idea this was so popular.

How the opening ceremony worked, as that two bands would perform a song together, each assigned to different sections. There are two stages, the stage on the auditorium, and a home-made stage built up on the balcony.

Since it's the Opening Ceremony, nobody will be getting eliminated. It's just introducing this years contestants.

A few bands had already gone, and soon Vaughan and her friends were up next. They were setting up their stage on the auditorium, behind the curtain when someone tapped Vaughan's shoulder. She looked behind her to see Raoul.

"Hey Vaughan, could you get me a new plug for the amp. This one isn't working quite well."

"Sure thing." Vaughan smiled.

Vaughan stood up, walking across the stage and stepped in the back where a few of the bands were hanging out. She walked by them, looking for the amp plugs when she didn't notice bumping into something.

Well, that something reached an arm out, wrapping the hand around her waist as he caught her from falling back on the floor.

His eyes grew with shock. "Vaughan?"

She gasped. "O-Oto! I'm sorry... I'm always bumping... into... you..." She laughed nervously.

The boy propped her back to her feet, releasing her. "So you're band entered the competition after all."

"Uh, yeah. We're up next." Vaughan nodded, hands behind her back.

"Well, not that there's going to be any real competition. No one here wants this more than my bands does." He boasted.

"You're band?" Vaughan asked with surprise.

"Yeah. Me, Rocksteady and Poplock." Oto answered as he pointed over at the two boys, hanging around near the stage doors. "You don't think Raoul minds do you? I mean, since he joined your band and all."

"Oh, no I think that should be fine. Although he thinks it's his band, but—" She shrugged. "What'cha gonna do."

"Need anything?" Oto asked.

"You wouldn't happen to know where I can find amp plugs do you?" She asked him.

"Oh, here!" He bent down, picking up one from the floor next to him, handing it to her. "You can borrow mine."

"Thanks." She beamed, taking it. "You know, I think you're the only nice person I've talked to in this competition. Besides my friends of course."

"How so?" Oto asked with curiosity.

"Well, it just seems that ever since the Mesmerizer's showed up, everyone has been acting, unusual." Vaughan answered.

"Interesting..." Oto spoke, taking a look around.

"Something... wrong?" Vaughan asked, raising a brow.

"Hmm?" Oto snapped out of his thought, looking back at her. "No, it's just, since this is a competition now, everyone can't help but feel a little tense, ya know?"

Vaughan sighed. "I suppose you're right. Well, I have to get back."

"Break a leg." Oto waved as he walked back to his band.

Vaughan waved back at the blue haired boy, smiling. Once he was gone, Vaughan turned around and walked back to her band, and she noticed three figures chatting with them.

"Hey guys, what's going on?" Vaughan spoke up, joining the circle.

"Dagio's the name." The blonde Mesmerizer said. "We just popped by to tell you that we're looking forward to performing with you tonight."

"You are?" Vaughan asked.

"Oh sure! We heard you guys were good." Sanato beamed.

"So let's see if it's true or not. We'll see you on stage." Mistso smirked as the three of them walked off.

"Well that was... interesting." Andrew spoke.

"Blaster, did you get to scan them?" Spike asked the holoform.

"No, they took me by surprise. But I'll be able to scan them during our performance." Blaster answered.

"Then lets finish setting up." said Vaughan.

*******

After a few minutes, the band was ready to play. They stood behind the curtain, standing their positions with their assigned instruments as Headmaster Roger and Mr. Smith introduced them.

"The next set, performing their rendition of Katy Perry's Dark Horse, Music Nation and The Mesmerizers."

"Music Nation?" Vaughan thought a loud.

"Don't you remember Vaughan? It was the name of your band back on Cybertron." said Jazz.

"Really?" Vaughan asked.

Jazz and Blaster nodded in reply.

Vaughan smiled a little as she turned her head forward, the curtain opening as the lights dimmed and the strobelights turned on.

Daphine started the song with her keytar, the audience clapping and cheering.

Jazz raised his fist in the air. "Yeah! Ya'll know what it is! Vaughan Witwickey! Music Nation! Aha, let's rage!"

Vaughan grabbed the microphone in her hand, her voice booming as Daphine continued to play the keytar, while Josh slammed the drum pedal to the beat of the song, following along with Jazz and Blaster.

"I knew you were

You were gonna come to me

And here you are

But you better choose carefully

Cause I, I'm capable of anything

Of anything, and everything."

As Vaughan finished the last phrase, Daphine and Spike stepped up to their mics, singing the next verse with the brunette.

"Make me your Aphrodite

Make me your one and only

But don't, make me your enemy, your enemy, your enemy."

As Vaughan sang the last word, the spotlight moved from them and flashed onto the balcony stage where the certains opened, revealing the Mesmerizers in their positions. They didn't play any instruments, all they had was their singing voices. Dagio was up front, obviously the main singer while Mitso and Sanato sang back up.

"So you wanna play with magic?

Girl, you should know what you're falling for.

Baby do you dare to do this?

Cause we're coming at you like a Dark Horse."

Mitso and Sanato raised their fists into the air, yelling. "Hey!"

Dagio clutched his hands into fists, raising his lower arms as he smiled evilly, looking down at Music Nation.

"Are you ready for, ready for

A perfect storm, a perfect storm!

Cause once you're mine, you're mine

There's no going back!"

Vaughan and the other glared back at them as they snapped their fingers along with the beat of the song. With the spotlight still on the Mesmerizers, it was their turn to sing a verse.

"Mark my words

This love will make you levitate

Like a bird

Like a bird without a cage

But down to Earth..."

Vaughan tried to move to the side, watching them ever so closely for them to try anything. Dagio spotted her, and he extending the palm of his hand out towards her.

"If you choose to walk away..."

All of a sudden it felt like Vaughan rammed into a wall. She staggered back, shaking her head as she spotted a strange glowing wall appearing out of thin air, blocking her path. That's when she realized.

"Don't walk away."

She turned around, shooting a nasty glare at Dagio. This was his doing. And he didn't shame on hiding it either. He smirked at her as he lowered his hand, snapping his fingers along with the beat of the music.

"It's in the palm of your hand now baby

It's a yes or a no, no maybe

So just be sure

Before you give it all to me..."

All of a sudden it felt like Vaughan was being slapped in the face. She took a step back, her hair flying in her face. And then again. It felt like something was draining the life out of her.

"All to me

Give it all to me!"

"Oh no... not this time." Vaughan thought.

She looked up, watching as a strange, spooky green smoke beam shot out of Dagio's hand and it soared straight for her. She waited for the right moment to strike, and when the spotlight returned to her band. She clutched her hand into a fist, raising her arm in front of her face, blocking the green smoke attack as she caught in in her fist and crushed it.

She slowly turned her head to face them, singing into the microphone as everyone sang backup.

"So you wanna play with magic?

Boys, you should know what you're falling for

Baby do you dare to do this?

Cause we're coming at you like a Dark Horse."

Everyone raised their fists into the air, yelling. "Hey!"

"Are you ready for, ready for..."

"Hey!"

"A perfect storm, perfect storm!"

"Hey, hey!"

"Cause once you're mine, once you're mine!"

Both bands finished the song with a bang as the music from the stereo played the last verse. Vaughan didn't need to see Blaster's scan to know what was going on.

She knew without a doubt, that those three were Decepticons.

No doubt about it.

******

"Boys, I think we may have found what we're looking for." said Dagio.

The three of them were together out in a back alley just behind the school. It was no late at night, the opening ceremony over and done with. Dagio held a video com-link device in his hand, the faces of Megatron and Soundwave present.

"Or rather, it found you?" Megatron replied.

"Everyone in this school is trapped under our little, spell if you will. But not those humans. Those ones are special. Especially their leader, the girl." Dagio chuckled.

"Her name is Vaughan Witwickey. She is a friend of the Autobots." Megatron explained. He looked over at his communications officer. "Soundwave, I'd like for you to do a little bit more research. Study the video feed of when their strange transformations occurred. Their armour plating... those colour schemes... they didn't feel right to me."

"Me, Lord Megatron?" Soundwave asked.

"What's wrong Soundwave? Cat got your tounge?" Sanato teased with a laugh.

"Soundwave, are you questioning my orders?" Megatron asked the mech.

"No Lord Megatron, I am not." Soundwave answered quickly and nervously.

"Good. Mesmerizers, continue your mission. Soundwave, I suggest you get to work." Megatron ordered.

"Yes Lord Megatron." The four of them answered, ending the call.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.6K 50 24
this story goes through the first transformers movie what happens when the Witwicky s adopt a baby and she does not know what happens when the transf...
5.1K 54 17
So this is my first story that I'm gonna write and I really hope that you will guys enjoy it. The story will be a mash-up of my favorite movies, TV-s...
9.3K 755 41
One year passed after Sunstreaker got executed for his crimes. Skylar never got over the death of the psychopath she started to care about. Her happi...
37.7K 823 28
If I told you that Bumblebee has an older sibling named Honeybee, who is a cadet during the war for Cybertron. Well this is her story of how she ende...